• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Sigmaah

I kinda wanna pick up V Joe, what are great assists for him that lead to damage, combo extensions and stuff like that. Also need good DHC partners.

Dahbomb

So...Morrigan has a no x-factor, no TAC infinite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5X7lSB_Bqw&feature=youtu.be
Well it's as he described it was. It's corner only though so it's not a big thing to worry about.

I think everyone can objectively and impartially agree that Trish is the best character in this game. Vergil? Lol, no. Get out of here with that muppet.
She's good, that GoA guy was doing massive work with her at NEC. But Vergil is way better than Trish.

shaowebb

Thought you guys would get a kick out of my latest Scribblenaut creation since no one made a peep over MODOK yesterday on the last page.

IRON MAN!!!
KFM8y.jpg

s6glR.jpg

He will drink anything he sees, he will eat doughnuts, he flies, shoots lasers, uses nukes, destroys weaponized vehicles, destroys military weapons, protects people, and flirts with the ladies.

I kinda wanna pick up V Joe, what are great assists for him that lead to damage, combo extensions and stuff like that. Also need good DHC partners.

Frank and Raccoon are probably his best partners. Anyone with an OTG assist is good too since you can end combos with Slow.

Thought you guys would get a kick out of my latest Scribblenaut creation since no one made a peep over MODOK yesterday on the last page.

IRON MAN!!!

He will drink anything he sees, he will eat doughnuts, he flies, shoots lasers, uses nukes, destroys weaponized vehicles, destroys military weapons, protects people, and flirts with the ladies.
What has priority for women, protecting or flirting?
You should have him arrest mutants like the fascist he is.

shaowebb

What has priority for women, protecting or flirting?
You should have him arrest mutants like the fascist he is.

He does both. I did have him pick them up but if you grab a person they attack you and well...the end results were not good for his public image. Not. One. Bit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb is really making it hard for me avoiding Scribblenauts Unlimited right now because I have too many other games to play.

I'm guessing the creation and sharing abilities aren't available on the 3DS version, huh?

shaowebb

shaowebb is really making it hard for me avoiding Scribblenauts Unlimited right now because I have too many other games to play.

I'm guessing the creation and sharing abilities aren't available on the 3DS version, huh?
They are but its limited to my knowledge due to normal file sharing Nintendo stuff. Dont quote me on it though. Oh and because I know you like Iron Man Enzo I also went back and used more parts a bit ago to polish him even further.
Trust me and get this for the PC. We got over 80 pages of content to download since it launched and more every day. Best version by FAR.

I dare any of you to reproduce my new Doom combo:

2L6H xx forward dash jMM adu jMMH, jH, H xx forward dash jM6H adf jMM, 2MHS, jMM6HS

I also have versions with assists that involve me using hidden missiles and grounded plasma beam in the middle of combos

I dare any of you to reproduce my new Doom combo:

2L6H xx forward dash jMM adu jMMH, jH, H xx forward dash jM6H adf jMM, 2MHS, jMM6HS

I also have versions with assists that involve me using hidden missiles and grounded plasma beam in the middle of combos
I dare you to play 200 matches against humans without entering training mode. I think my challenge is harder.

JeTmAn81

I've been learning characters with low execution barriers for play on the Vita. So Haggar, Wolverine, Nova, etc. are in the mix. I thought you were supposed to need an assist to combo off Wolverine's instant overhead, but I seem to be able to make it combo with j.L, j.S into Drill Claw, then divekick. Is there a reason why this works, or is there something I'm missing? Will it only work on characters of a certain size?

Also, I just tried out Wolverine/Doom/Amaterasu because I wanted a team that could do the Doom/Ammy THC thing. Wolverine seems pretty awesome when backed by those two assists. Cold Star gives him forever to 50/50 them, and I think it can work really well with Berserker Slash, giving you a 50/50 opportunity even if they block the slash. The downside seems to be the damage scaling imparted by Cold Star or Plasma Beam, but for overall utility everything is really good. I'm just not sure why I've never seen Wolverine/Cold Star before.

shaowebb

H&H was such a waste. A super cool mode, with obvious time and effort put into it, all becoming pointless because some idiot higher up decided against local play.

This. People online were planning tournaments only to have that dashed by no local play. Hell Maximillian was one of the bigger fans early on wanting to see cool things out of the community running sets in that mode. I loved using airdash iron fist in that mode. If the rumors are true heres hoping HH gets local play and more love. It was better than arcade mode by FAR.

Sigmaah

Frank and Raccoon are probably his best partners. Anyone with an OTG assist is good too since you can end combos with Slow.

I can dig frank but I dunno about raccoon... I'd like to play rocket but I'm so used to air MMHS and with him, I'd have to do MS or LLHS which I know I'll forget.

Maybe wesker or Dante as otg assists? I Dunno

I can dig frank but I dunno about raccoon... I'd like to play rocket but I'm so used to air MMHS and with him, I'd have to do MS or LLHS which I know I'll forget.

Maybe wesker or Dante as otg assists? I Dunno

My favorite duo in the game right now is Joe/Frank, and I've been swapping out thirds for months. I'm settled on Raccoon and Doom, but you can use anyone who works well with them. You could do a lot worse than Wesker.

Azure J

I'm kinda trying to piece together some more stuff for Team Devil's Catty Stride (Dante/Felicia/Strider) and I happened upon the dumbest unblockable setup I've seen so far in the game. Basically, on any knockdown near the corner (as in border of the screen) with Strider, you can call Rolling Buckler - Wall Cling - L on the wall and set up a stupid situation for anyone who doesn't front tech.

I'll take that as a "yes".

I'm finding a way to do damage from Morrigan to Phoenix while remaining close to net neutral meter. Here are my tools I have available:

1) Phoenix assist mid-combo (doesn't seem to have any use).
2) Morrigan TAC glitch.
3) Phoenix TAC glitch.
4) Phoenix Rage -> Astral Vision can land 1 pair of Soul Drains, sometimes 2 if I'm positioned properly.

Alright, I leave the rest to you! :-D

Zissou

I've been having difficulty finding success with RR on point. I've been messing around with Task/RR/Ammy. I'd never played Task before a week or two ago, but as I imagined, it's fun shield skilling through everything. The trouble comes in when Task dies. RR comes in and deals with the welcome mix-up, and if that fails the opponent will continue to pressure me. I know if I can force them to block anything, then I'll be good to go with unblockables/instant overheads/etc., but I have a ton of trouble getting them off of me in the first place to start running my own bullshit cheapness. Suggestions?

For other characters I have stuff my opponent has to respect and I can abuse that stuff to regain momentum after losing a character- whether it's forcing my opponent to block a footdive, my opponent having to respect a scary invincible reversal option, a strong throw option select, or something else. With the raccoon, I'm at a loss.

Rocket Skates and cancel them into stuff to make some space, like a claymore or log trap. On incoming, well, you need to block well since he doesn't really have anything to abuse in the air. You can use jM every now and then if they're careless, but from experience I can tell you that yet get blown up yourself more often than you'd hit anyone =.=

Hey Dahbomb, what kind of order/assists would you suggest for a DMC team? I just discovered that DMC and Sengoku Basara have the same character designer and I'm finally getting into the series. Would probably use this team for fun.

Dahbomb

Hey Dahbomb, what kind of order/assists would you suggest for a DMC team? I just discovered that DMC and Sengoku Basara have the same character designer and I'm finally getting into the series. Would probably use this team for fun.
Trish on Beam, Vergil on Rapid Slash and Dante on Jam Session. That order works fine or you can swap Dante and Vergil. Point Vergil team would need Dante on Crystal and Trish anchor. Point Dante would be same as the one before just swap Dante/Vergil spots.

Zissou

Rocket Skates and cancel them into stuff to make some space, like a claymore or log trap. On incoming, well, you need to block well since he doesn't really have anything to abuse in the air. You can use jM every now and then if they're careless, but from experience I can tell you that yet get blown up yourself more often than you'd hit anyone =.=

Thanks, I don't use rocket skates nearly enough (outside of combos). Pendulum is something that completely slips my mind too when I'm not spamming the assist. Once I force someone to block anything with RR (backed by cold star), me landing a hit should be guaranteed- it's safely forcing somebody to block that is difficult. RR is such an strange character.

Trish on Beam, Vergil on Rapid Slash and Dante on Jam Session. That order works fine or you can swap Dante and Vergil. Point Vergil team would need Dante on Crystal and Trish anchor. Point Dante would be same as the one before just swap Dante/Vergil spots.

Thanks!

Thanks, I don't use rocket skates nearly enough (outside of combos). Pendulum is something that completely slips my mind too when I'm not spamming the assist. Once I force someone to block anything with RR (backed by cold star), me landing a hit should be guaranteed- it's safely forcing somebody to block that is difficult. RR is such an strange character.

Heh, yeah. Doesn't help that I have this bad habit of doing cH+Cold Stars->teleport at a distance without any kind of confirm >.>

Zissou

Heh, yeah. Doesn't help that I have this bad habit of doing cH+Cold Stars->teleport at a distance without any kind of confirm >.>

I've been trying to condition myself to spam cr.H xx pendulum a bunch at a distance to start my offense but for some reason all my planning goes out the window during a real match :(

If I remember to do point log trap, generally people try to super jump toward me, so what's the best response to that? I'm guessing my options are either to set traps before they land or burrow underneath them (or maybe both if I have time). I probably have more of a problem against zoning though- if my opponent is chucking projectiles that I can't just avoid due to RR's small stature, I end up resorting to a random machine gun hyper or something. Log trap has 10 durability points, added to whatever durability crouching H has, so maybe I should experiment with that some more for holding my own in projectile wars, but it seems like if RR is full screen against a zoner, he's going to have a difficult time.

Zissou

With his H burrow, zoning shouldn't be that much of a problem really.

I know I should use it more- but it's scary to think that if you happen to get tagged with a volley of projectiles during start-up, that's like 50% of your life gone against characters like Morrigan (with astral vision up) or the Hawkeyes and Deadpools of the game who can full screen hit confirm into solid damage. I wish using his qcf projectiles in the air didn't leave you a sitting duck until you're back on the ground- they seem completely useless outside of tiger kneeing them.

Top Bottom