• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Dahbomb

Vergil
SPIRAL SWORDS

Fanatiq doesn't think magneto is top 5? AHAHAHA LOLOLOLOL GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. I am biased towards Zero but at least I can admit where he belongs which is top tier. Arguing who is better in the top tier section is a different story though.
Fanatiq's top 5:

Zero, Viper, Spencer, MODOK, Dormammu

And he probably has 5 other characters over Magneto as well.

Sigmaah

lol modok?

Lmao, I was thinking the same too but MODOK's one of those characters that nobody wants to take time to learn because of the lack of interest on him (and maybe cause he's hard to play? I dunno) but I can totally see MODOK being one of the best chars in the game. No one has really been able to show us why though besides a few instances like EVO.

Dahbomb

MODOK is very good but top 5 is kinda pushing it. His weaknesses are usually overlooked due to lack of exposure or general knowledge.

hmm, so you can go right into a DP xx talon attack after Dirt Nap, been trying to find a bunch of ways to get extra damage. Might not need x-factor at all for 900k or less characters.

mr. puppy

Banned
eh fuck this firebrand/rr idea, basing a team about resets is a waste of time.

Lets go Magneto/Storm/Dante, i'm gonna try you out. Lets try to MSP this game.

Solune

Thanks. With Cold Star you only really have to hit them with the j.L, then it keeps them in hitstun while you land and continue the combo so that's pretty cool.
Berserker Slash with Cold Star is stupid too! They make a good team and I'm surprised along with you that no one pairs them together in top level play.
Long flight time, jamming bomb op.

edit: also spamming weak beam. and shield etc etc everything.

You're a sight for sore eyes in this thread!

RE: Modok, also one of the most damaging characters in the game provided you have the execution.

Infinite

Suffering from Marvel withdrawal. Haven't been able to play due to a fractured wrist.

LOL at that Morrigan infinite. Good shit marvel

Ok, got a complete post-Dirt Nap meterless BnB for X-23:

LH+A1(EMD) xx Neck Slice(charged), H xx Mirage Feint H, jMH xx Crescent Scythe M, Talon Attack L, MHS, jH xx Crescent Scythe H, Talon Attack L, A2(Vajra) Ankle Slice(charged), Ankle Slice(charged)

556,300 damage

It's actually pretty easy once you get the timing for the first half down. I can squeeze a little more out of this, but there isn't really a point. This combo means any character under 900k health coming in gets killed by Dirt Nap for no extra meter and no x-factor.

Azure J

not surprised she has one since a lot of her moves cause a ton of hitstun.

You said this, I immediately thought "which characters also have moves with high hitstun", and now I'm terrified of someone coming up with a Zero corner infinite.

Zissou

If zero had an infinite, I guess ZMC players would have more meter to strategize about using while their Dantes die.

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
What are the chances of someone finding a glitch or exploit that lets you get around ground dash restrictions? I hate Iron Man's ground dash. The character's got a lot of problem but that one is the worst by far.

Zero's super jump confirm is just j.H Buster Lightning relaunch. It's easy as hell.

Super dependent on height (arc of the SJ or low end of the SJ) and character's weight/fall speed.

You're better off going command dash down dashing over and launching then doing lighting (which has recovery frames).

Dahbomb

What are the chances of someone finding a glitch or exploit that lets you get around ground dash restrictions? I hate Iron Man's ground dash. The character's got a lot of problem but that one is the worst by far.
Closest thing we got was a plink dash. I don't think anything is happening on that front. At the very least IM being an air dash character will mean he probably has guard break set ups.

Zissou

I'm happy I'm finally getting more comfortable with Task/RR/Ammy. I'm still flailing with Raccoon, but at least I've got some idea of how I should be evolving my play. I've got a question for any Taskmaster players- I know you can cancel shield skills into sharp sting to make it safe, but do you have time to visually confirm that a raw shield skills is being blocked and do sharp sting while keeping it a true blockstring? Or is it essentially impossible to do on reaction and you should just always cancel raw shield skills attempts preemptively into sharp sting?

Grecco

I dont understand the Vergil extension for Zero

I do Call Vergil/S Air S but its not causing a hard knockdown kinda confused a

Im supposed to hit the chracter with Zero on to Vergils Assit and hit him with zero again

but the first time i hit with zero its not landing a hard knockdown like it should

What? I'm confused. What's the full combo you're doing? Probably hit stun causing them to flip out is that what you're asking?

Grecco

What? I'm confused. What's the full combo you're doing? Probably hit stun causing them to flip out is that what you're asking?

The typical corner Zero combo

LMH FH S MMH S Dive Kick Buster shot lvl 3 lighning S MMH S Dive Kick Buster Shot lvl 3 lightning call vergil s air s into vergil air s dive kick buster shot lvl 3 ligtning into either dante extension which is call dante S M Lightning Buster shot lightning clone super or just straight into clone super

The typical corner Zero combo

LMH FH S MMH S Dive Kick Buster shot lvl 3 lighning S MMH S Dive Kick Buster Shot lvl 3 lightning call vergil s air s into vergil air s dive kick buster shot lvl 3 ligtning into either dante extension which is call dante S M Lightning Buster shot lightning clone super or just straight into clone super

Instead I want you to do LMH FH S MMHS Dive Kick Buster shot lvl 3 lighting S Super Jump Down H, S, Dive kick buster shot level 3, lighting call vergil s, air s into vergil swords, s, dive kick buster level 3.

If that works then I'll explain it later....

Whoa, neck slice crossover counter auto-corrects.

edit: whoo, figured out the timing for Magneto's infinite, it's actually really easy now that I know how much I can delay the jHS.

double edit: Justin Wong playing Zero/Doom/Vergil?

I'm sort of getting back into this, but I played about a dozen games on XBL ranked tonight and lost all of them. Does anyone on gaf want to play? You have to be roughly as bad as I am.

I'm sort of getting back into this, but I played about a dozen games on XBL ranked tonight and lost all of them. Does anyone on gaf want to play? You have to be roughly as bad as I am.

I'm sure I fit that bill

GT: diztrukted

other marvel players (specifically ones who play strange).....tell me your secrets for the faltine loop. I miss the second impact palm every time.

@Onemic

GGs. I think your main weakness, aside from not doing combos, is that you don't abuse the cheap stuff your characters have. Not enough teleports, Round Trips, gunshots, Spiral Swords, etc. My Dormammu team should be your bitch with those characters. You have fantastic ground movement, so you clearly have execution to some degree. I was thinking about picking your team against you to help show you some stuff you could be doing, but you left.

Our connection was not too bad. GGs.

Onemic

@Onemic

GGs. I think your main weakness, aside from not doing combos, is that you don't abuse the cheap stuff your characters have. Not enough teleports, Round Trips, gunshots, Spiral Swords, etc. My Dormammu team should be your bitch with those characters. You have fantastic ground movement, so you clearly have execution to some degree. I was thinking about picking your team against you to help show you some stuff you could be doing, but you left.

Our connection was not too bad. GGs.

Dash canceling is pretty much the only thing I can do semi consistently, everything else is just terrible. I'm still working on Vergils sword loop combo(I still only get it 10% of the time in training mode) so I don't know combos for my other 2 characters pretty much. I also don't know the right time to call out assists, especially against that ghost rider team. I especially don't know how to deal with ghost rider as it seems like you can never do anything with his half screen chain moves.

Dash canceling is pretty much the only thing I can do semi consistently, everything else is just terrible. I'm still working on Vergils sword loop combo(I still only get it 10% of the time in training mode) so I don't know combos for my other 2 characters pretty much. I also don't know the right time to call out assists, especially against that ghost rider team. I especially don't know how to deal with ghost rider as it seems like you can never do anything with his half screen chain moves.
I've only met one person who can consistently handle Ghost Rider, and it was a goddamn Zero player (of course). I think he's a very underrated character, and people just don't build teams that work for him. We'll play again sometime.

If you don't mind I'm going to add you both myself too. I'm more often on Live than PSN for the time being.

fine by me. The more marvel players the better!

edit: accepted! anyone else who wants to add me on live (please go ahead) I'm eagerly looking to learn more about this game, matchups etc

and i need help with the damn faltine flame loops :mad:

Top Bottom