• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Another Spencer question. On his Zip combo jump loop (the one that Knives always do). The 3rd/4th loop or end-er loop

M, H, S, zip, S, 80k right? I can't end the god damn combo. The 1st two loops is just M, H, Zip, S right? Well that's what I've been doing.

Kioshen

Another Spencer question. On his Zip combo jump loop (the one that Knives always do). The 3rd/4th loop or end-er loop

M, H, S, zip, S, 80k right? I can't end the god damn combo. The 1st two loops is just M, H, Zip, S right? Well that's what I've been doing.

If you're talking about the optimized mid-screen corner carry then check out the video (http://youtu.be/p3MnQ0ZZzHg) if not the Spencer SRK combo thread seems to covers pretty much everything there is to know for Spencer (http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...bionic-arm-umvc3-spencer-combo-thread.149674/).

I've only met one person who can consistently handle Ghost Rider, and it was a goddamn Zero player (of course). I think he's a very underrated character, and people just don't build teams that work for him. We'll play again sometime.

Viscant (I think) said it best when he said GR's best assist is Jam Session, and people who play Ghost Rider aren't the type to play Dante, and vice versa :lol. Credit the original if V is wrong.

------------------

EVO announcement has made me go into theorying mode for next year. Just going to make some fun teams out of my stable of characters that can deal with certain gameplans. Taskmaster is so much more fun in this than in Vanilla.

Spidey, Hawkeye, X-23, Nova, Taskmaster, Deadpool, Captain America, Iron Man Assist, Doctor Strange Assist. Good times. Currently working on NEEEEEEEEW YOOOOOOOOORK (Spidey, Task, Nova), not that difficult and plenty enough damage. Gonna see how I can work in the high-low unblockable with Task/Nova, love how Moonz and Taekua espeically run these 2 together.

Current teams I'm looking at:

- Classic (see avatar)

- THANK YOU WONDERMAN (Data East Avengers)

- I'M FROM NEWWWWWWW YORRRRRRRRRRK

- X-23, Taskmaster, Deadpool/Nova (lots of relaunch damage, leaning Nova for easier Dirt Nap setup)

- Deadpool, Task on V arrows, Agamatto -- dat defense, and Deadpool with V arrows is super, super solid already.

- Deadpool, Task on V arrows, Nova -- a more offensive version of the above. Will look at finding unblockable setups.

- Task(Hawkeye), Hawkeye(Task), Agamatto -- bust any zoners' head, Agamatto for defense once more.

- Parker Rides Strangely - Damage and overheads/throws galore because people love ducking Balthakk. Also, black and yellow color synergy.

Going to be fun mixing and matching. Also notice that I didn't pick any of those guys from the evil side of the tracks (Capcom). Evo 2013 will be fun purely because I didn't go this year, in any case. I <3 Vegas.

If you're talking about the optimized mid-screen corner carry then check out the video (http://youtu.be/p3MnQ0ZZzHg) if not the Spencer SRK combo thread seems to covers pretty much everything there is to know for Spencer (http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...bionic-arm-umvc3-spencer-combo-thread.149674/).

That's exactly what I was looking for. Seems that in that video the up loader went from Down H into 80k I swear Fanatiq and Knives go S into 80k. I guess I'm going with the down H. Lose only a little bit of damage but if it's easier! Sign me up!

Two forward zip, down froward zip, down H, 80k. Seems easy... =)

Viscant (I think) said it best when he said GR's best assist is Jam Session, and people who play Ghost Rider aren't the type to play Dante, and vice versa :lol. Credit the original if V is wrong.
I don't agree with Viscant, though. Jam Session is pretty good for Ghost Rider, but Jam Session, being placed based on where the point character is, does best on characters with good maneuverability, which Ghost Rider does not have. When I tried Jam Session with him, my thought was always "damn it, I need to get closer so I can use Jam Session", or "damn it, they're too close to use Jam Session". He has trouble using that sweet spot because his dash is so bad. He also doesn't get combos off of it when it hits above jump height.

I've found Vajra to be fantastic for him. Anyone, anywhere just gets plunked down and has to deal with Ghost Rider's range. I think Hidden Missiles is okay for him, and Mystic Ray is good, but then you probably want to run Ghost Rider / Shuma-Gorath / Iron Man, which isn't exactly an enticing combination.

I don't agree with Viscant, though. Jam Session is pretty good for Ghost Rider, but Jam Session, being placed based on where the point character is, does best on characters with good maneuverability, which Ghost Rider does not have. When I tried Jam Session with him, my thought was always "damn it, I need to get closer so I can use Jam Session", or "damn it, they're too close to use Jam Session". He has trouble using that sweet spot because his dash is so bad. He also doesn't get combos off of it when it hits above jump height.

I've found Vajra to be fantastic for him. Anyone, anywhere just gets plunked down and has to deal with Ghost Rider's range. I think Hidden Missiles is okay for him, and Mystic Ray is good, but then you probably want to run Ghost Rider / Shuma-Gorath / Iron Man, which isn't exactly an enticing combination.

Hmm, I can see Vajra being really great for him too. Jam Session cutting the screen in half against the flyers helps though, since he's not so great at protecting the area above and in front of him.

Mystic Ghost Rider is annoying from personal experience. Missiles is decent too but he's not amazing at protecting it so it's tolerable. Ghost Rider/Dante or Shuma or Doom/Strider actually sounds really good.

Personally, Ghost/Dante/Strider sounds infuriating. Still have to deal with Dante Strider, and both have double jumps to avoid the incoming mixup. Both gives extenders and neutral.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Everybody send me the most shameful, dirty, insulting avatars you can think of so when GB loses his bet to me, he has to use it for a month. The best one of my choosing will be the one he has to use.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah, it's Chris G's Hawkguy tech you should stop stealing.

i2rVzQrVIDQ3q.gif

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So what do you guys think about Justin's new team? Is there any synergy there? Just seems like a bunch of stuff people hate put into one team.

His Zero is pretty bad so far and I've never seen so many Vergil j. H in my life.

Dahbomb

It's an all encompassing full on tier whore team with enough synergy and tools on it to make it a significant thread.

On point Zero backed up by a top assist and combo extender? Check.

Doom in second for derp Hidden Missiles, post TAC Zero exploit combos and bail out Zero with safe DHC? Check.

Vergil on anchor for the pure derp? Check.

Although Justin plays slightly more honest and prefers to bring in Vergil earlier if he can. Once he gets real Zero combos down, improves his overall game with Doom and discovers Dark Vergil he will be back up there again.

So what do you guys think about Justin's new team? Is there any synergy there? Just seems like a bunch of stuff people hate put into one team.

His Zero is pretty bad so far and I've never seen so many Vergil j. H in my life.

I don't like the team but for his style it's a perfect fit. With the way he play he doesn't need a clean hit bring them to the corner lighting loop then 50/50 the next character. Now if you want to play that style Zero/Dante works 10x better. Since Zero can 75/25 you. (Back to back 50/50)

However for someone like Justin the Zero/Vergil/Doom allows him to dance around the screen throwing buster with missiles, and handeki to grind out victories. He's going to get the counter hit, that lead to loops but it won't be him going h.a.m on the offensive end. And that's pretty much the only way I can see him being successful with that team.

Grecco

His team is PZ Poys but sans dp and with dark vergil of course there is synergy. Viscant moved on to this team for a couple of months ago already too

Kioshen

Now I remember why I dropped this game before. I can't do combos in this to save my life.

I feel your pain since I listened to Viscant's advice and settled on Mags/Sent/Doom. This team needs heavy time investment up front before it's effective but it makes you learn marvel at least.

Which team do you currently run now ?

Onemic

I feel your pain since I listened to Viscant's advice and settled on Mags/Sent/Doom. This team needs heavy time investment up front before it's effective but it makes you learn marvel at least.

Which team do you currently run now ?

Wesker/Vergil/Strider --- Soon to go back to Dante/Vergil/Strider

Vergil is supposedly low execution, and I thought so when I first came back to him a few days agao, but now I can only get his combo as much as I get Dante's BnB,(not a whole lot) so now I'm considering putting Dante back into my team. That stupid cr.H link makes his sword loop combo Dante hard.

Dahbomb

We already knew there was an internal debate at Capcom as to whether PW was godlike or garbage. Seems like the people who thought he was godlike convinced the rest and gave him the nerf. It's sort of understandable because Capcom did not want another Jean Phoenix running around.

Kioshen

Wesker/Vergil/Strider --- Soon to go back to Dante/Vergil/Strider

Vergil is supposedly low execution, and I thought so when I first came back to him a few days agao, but now I can only get his combo as much as I get Dante's BnB,(not a whole lot) so now I'm considering putting Dante back into my team. That stupid cr.H link makes his sword loop combo Dante hard.

How about Wesker-b/Dante-a/Vergil-y ?

It will up your overall HP, covers all 4 quadrants, Wesker gets good damage from a simple magic series, all 3 teleports around, less prone to snapback since order can be shuffled with way less impact and so on. Strider needs meter at the end to be viable and you can't really derp around with his low health.

Onemic

How about Wesker-b/Dante-a/Vergil-y ?

It will up your overall HP, covers all 4 quadrants, Wesker gets good damage from a simple magic series, all 3 teleports around, less prone to snapback since order can be shuffled with way less impact and so on. Strider needs meter at the end to be viable and you can't really derp around with his low health.

I'll run that thanks.

mr. puppy

Banned
Capcom is hilarious. Marvel is far and away their biggest property right now and they fucked up the license on it, so now they force everybody to play SFxT, shitty HD remakes, and host a tourney for 25 years of capcom.

Capcom is hilarious. Marvel is far and away their biggest property right now and they fucked up the license on it, so now they force everybody to play SFxT, shitty HD remakes, and host a tourney for 25 years of capcom.

I thought it was for Street Fighter's 25th.

Oh man, I have been using Joe/Storm/Strange. Joe's overhead is so good with Strange's double beam. Storm's super helps Joe with damage and good super super with Storm and Strange.

Sigmaah

Lol Justin's new team is the team I literally made up a few days ago. It's a good combination no doubt though. Once he learns Zero and doom stuff, it's OVER.

Bizazedo

We don't know how much they have to pay Marvel to do it, though. Additionally, now that Marvel is owned by the Mouse....

Well, the Avengers Assemble cartoon was awesome and got great ratings. They killed it so a Mouse owned animation studio could do Avengers.

We don't know how much they have to pay Marvel to do it, though. Additionally, now that Marvel is owned by the Mouse....

Well, the Avengers Assemble cartoon was awesome and got great ratings. They killed it so a Mouse owned animation studio could do Avengers.

what a fucking travesty this was. earth's mightiest heroes was SUCH a great series. now they got some bullshit avengers assemble cartoon and an even shittier "hulk and the agents of s.m.a.s.h." turd bucket to look forward to. and ultimate spiderman has been a disappointing cartoon.

Dahbomb

Is there any video of Justin playing his new team?
It's not really worth it, the only thing interesting he does is the Zero TAC glitch into Doom... which is completely pointless if he had learned the Lightning Loop. His Zero combo, mix ups and neutral is pretty sub par compared to what is considered standard these days. He just plays lame with Zero and Doom.

It's not really worth it, the only thing interesting he does is the Zero TAC glitch into Doom... which is completely pointless if he had learned the Lightning Loop. His Zero combo, mix ups and neutral is pretty sub par compared to what is considered standard these days. He just plays lame with Zero and Doom.

its justin though, he's played lame for years (lame as in runaway tactics/cheap characters/gimmicks)...kind of his thing at this point.

Dahbomb

I know that, he is known for lame play (Chun Li in 3S, Storm in MVC2).

Marvel 3 is now pretty much moving towards Hidden Missiles based zoning teams. You have FChamp with his Mag + Dorm missiles team, ChrisG with Morrigan + Doom team and now Justin with Zero + missiles. I don't think it's going to be long until Dieminion picks up Doom for his Joe + Morrigan combo.

I don't think Yipes is ever going to pick a Missiles team, he is a heavy rushdown mentality player.

I know that, he is known for lame play (Chun Li in 3S, Storm in MVC2).

Marvel 3 is now pretty much moving towards Hidden Missiles based zoning teams. You have FChamp with his Mag + Dorm missiles team, ChrisG with Morrigan + Doom team and now Justin with Zero + missiles. I don't think it's going to be long until Dieminion picks up Doom for his Joe + Morrigan combo.

I don't think Yipes is ever going to pick a Missiles team, he is a heavy rushdown mentality player.

i love yipes because of it. Laming out is boring. It wins though :-/

i didnt know dieminion played marvel. Does sanford play too or did he stop back in vanilla marvel 3

Dahbomb

i love yipes because of it. Laming out is boring. It wins though :-/

i didnt know dieminion played marvel. Does sanford play too or did he stop back in vanilla marvel 3
Dieminion got top 3 at NEC against very stacked competition (only lost to ChrisG and Yipes, both competitive matches). He plays Joe/Strange/Morrigan, a full zoning team. Sanford plays Marvel on the side but is totally not serious about it.

Dieminion got top 3 at NEC against very stacked competition (only lost to ChrisG and Yipes, both competitive matches). He plays Joe/Strange/Morrigan, a full zoning team. Sanford plays Marvel on the side but is totally not serious about it.

oh man, I missed NEC (I had planned to go since a lot of my friends went).

#missedopportunities

Jesus man a good Jill can be quite frustrating indeed. This bitch has an insane amount of mixups and with the right team of characters her low damage didn't even matter. She's a mind game monster. I guess people don't use her because she's not as brain dead as vergil and zero and has low health.

I wanna see someone with an awesome Jill and Viper team.

Jesus man a good Jill can be quite frustrating indeed. This bitch has an insane amount of mixups and with the right team of characters her low damage didn't even matter. She's a mind game monster. I guess people don't use her because she's not as brain dead as vergil and zero and has low health.

I wanna see someone with an awesome Jill and Viper team.

high execution for viper and mixups with jill. SOunds like a tough team to play and a tougher team to beat. its missing one thing though.

Hidden Missiles.

Top Bottom