• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Onemic

Zissou or any other Dante player for this combo:

s.L,s.M, s.H, stinger, bold cancel, volcano, jump cancel up fwd, j.M, j.H, qcf.L, , s.S, s.H (for clay pigeon), s.S (prop shredder), jump straight up, hammer, cold shower (df.HHH) stinger, bold cancel into teleport, hammer, volcano into beehive, million dollars

and this combo:

s.L, s.M, s.H, stinger, bold cancel, volcano, jump cancel up fwd, j.H, qcf.M, H, Land, s.S, s.H (for clay pigeon), s.S (prop shredder), super jump forward, hammer, volcano into beehive, back dash, s.S, s.H(Clay pidgeon), stinger, bold cancel into teleport, hammer, volcano into beehive, million dollars

It is almost impossible for me to land this at half screen, anywhere else outside the half screen area seems to work, but at half screen going into air trick simply put me on the same side as the dummy. I tried switching hammer to J.S as it sometimes catches people behind you, but it still doesn't work. I get the brady guide combo pretty much 70% of the time now if I'm outside the half screen mark, but within that area air trick just messes up every single time. Is there any way to make it connect and stop putting me on the same side of the dummy?

Grecco

I know that, he is known for lame play (Chun Li in 3S, Storm in MVC2).

Marvel 3 is now pretty much moving towards Hidden Missiles based zoning teams. You have FChamp with his Mag + Dorm missiles team, ChrisG with Morrigan + Doom team and now Justin with Zero + missiles. I don't think it's going to be long until Dieminion picks up Doom for his Joe + Morrigan combo.

I don't think Yipes is ever going to pick a Missiles team, he is a heavy rushdown mentality player.

Dieminion already has been playing doom just not on stream hes mentioned that he thinks Joe/Strange/Doom is real good

For the Air trick to not put you on the same side as the dummy when at half screen? because that's the only problem that I have with both combos.

Oh sorry I kept reading Air play in my head. You obviously said air trick.... Sometimes I fuck it up but if you hammer both sides work. Are you trying to put them in the corner is that what you're asking? Because the combo is suppose to put you in the corner. It sucks but that just the way it is. Some times you're lucky and it puts them in the corner but don't count on it. It really just your teleport timing is off.

Also I think it's just a lot more reliable to go cold shower into stinger teleport and double beehive at mid screen. You're losing some damage but for me it just works a lot better. Corner then yea I stick to the one you're doing.

h3ro

Probably not unless you want to pay for FGTV archives.
It's not really worth it, the only thing interesting he does is the Zero TAC glitch into Doom... which is completely pointless if he had learned the Lightning Loop. His Zero combo, mix ups and neutral is pretty sub par compared to what is considered standard these days. He just plays lame with Zero and Doom.
Lame. Thanks for the heads up. I think we all know that he'll go back to Wolvie/Storm/Akuma the moment he gets bopped early as we saw with his Spencer team.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
During that lobby where the greatest Hsien-Ko on earth just so happened to show up that day.

Was really weird.

It's recorded.

Check the tape.

Onemic

Oh sorry I kept reading Air play in my head. You obviously said air trick.... Sometimes I fuck it up but if you hammer both sides work. Are you trying to put them in the corner is that what you're asking? Because the combo is suppose to put you in the corner. It sucks but that just the way it is. Some times you're lucky and it puts them in the corner but don't count on it. It really just your teleport timing is off.

Also I think it's just a lot more reliable to go cold shower into stinger teleport and double beehive at mid screen. You're losing some damage but for me it just works a lot better. Corner then yea I stick to the one you're doing.

Hammer doesn't work either. when at half screen going into airtrick doesn't put me in the opposite side, instead it puts me at the sime side as the dummy in the corner, but my moves still act like im facing the opposite side. Because of this Hammer will always whiff. S sometimes catches the dummy behind you, but for the most part(95% of the time) it whiffs as well.

EDIT: I may have found a solution to the cold shower combo. Instead I just use air trick twice, once after the S once you do clay pigeon, and the other at the usual spot. This allows for it to work at half screen with the expense of not putting them in the corner. The non cold shower one I still don't know how to fix me always ending up on the same side as the opponent halfscreen.

Kioshen

@onemic

GGs dude. I definately clutched out some real fradulent wins with Doom I'm so sorry lol. I also really need to hit the lab and really practice Mags fly bnb. I was just flailing around like an idiot trying to land that one after hit confirming it.

I'll also mirror what Karsticles said. You definately got wave dashing down but you lack pressure. You rarely make assist calls and you let me have all the neutral game by myself. With Dante on point you should be making my life more miserable than that. Throw some hysterics, air play or drive to cover some space. I don't do it enough myself but make sure you cancel those stingers with Reverb shock + fireworks or other unsafe moves. It's really punishable normally if I don't screw up wavedashing back to you.

At least we drop combos like champs xD.

Frantic

Hammer doesn't work either. when at half screen going into airtrick doesn't put me in the opposite side, instead it puts me at the sime side as the dummy in the corner, but my moves still act like im facing the opposite side. Because of this Hammer will always whiff. S sometimes catches the dummy behind you, but for the most part(95% of the time) it whiffs as well.
Are you close enough to the corner to do Stinger, bold move, air dash forward, j.S? There's a spot on the screen where you can't use air trick into Hammer, and instead have to air dash after a bold move.

Onemic

@onemic

GGs dude. I definately clutched out some real fradulent wins with Doom I'm so sorry lol. I also really need to hit the lab and really practice Mags fly bnb. I was just flailing around like an idiot trying to land that one after hit confirming it.

I'll also mirror what Karsticles said. You definately got wave dashing down but you lack pressure. You rarely make assist calls and you let me have all the neutral game by myself. With Dante on point you should be making my life more miserable than that. Throw some hysterics, air play or drive to cover some space. I don't do it enough myself but make sure you cancel those stingers with Reverb shock + fireworks or other unsafe moves. It's really punishable normally if I don't screw up wavedashing back to you.

At least we drop combos like champs xD.

Well I can finally do dante cold shower combo consistently with teleporting twice, so I can finally focus on everything else about him.(pressure, mixup, safe approaches, etc) Im still day 0 on everything outside of combos and wavedashing.

Are you close enough to the corner to do Stinger, bold move, air dash forward, j.S? There's a spot on the screen where you can't use air trick into Hammer, and instead have to air dash after a bold move.

N ope too far away. I've noticed that and know when I have to do j.S instead of hammer, but this situation I'm too far for j.S to connect after bold move jump. It pretty much only happens when I'm exactly halfscreen(so like 45%-55% full screen) anywhere else and it will connect like normal.

Frantic

N ope too far away. I've noticed that and know when I have to do j.S instead of hammer, but this situation I'm too far for j.S to connect after bold move jump. It pretty much only happens when I'm exactly halfscreen(so like 45%-55% full screen) anywhere else and it will connect like normal.
Okay, I think I know what you're talking about. Try to buffer the input as Dante's reappearing from the teleport so the Killer Bee/Hammer cancel comes out as fast as possible. If you wait too long, Dante ends up in front for whatever reason. You need to go into Hammer as fast as possible.

Azure J

I'm a little confused by what's being asked of right now, which sucks because I think onemic's issue is a small one depending on the character he's comboing. If you're appearing in front of the character but not at range to use Hammer/j.S on them post s.S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger or Cold Shower OTG - Stinger, it could either be that you need to cut the amount of Cold Shower bullets down to 2 or with regards to Clay Pigeon, the character has an awkward hit box you have to practice for.

Onemic

Okay, I think I know what you're talking about. Try to buffer the input as Dante's reappearing from the teleport so the Killer Bee/Hammer cancel comes out as fast as possible. If you wait too long, Dante ends up in front for whatever reason. You need to go into Hammer as fast as possible.

Ah, I think it might actually be this, because I do delay it just so that I don't do it too soon and nothing comes out. Will try this out now.

Zissou

If you're too close to the corner, bold canceling into teleport gets more difficult to do, but if you're that close to the corner, you should just do bold move to cancel the stinger, and then air dash forward and do j.S to adjust. Sometimes it's hard to tell how far you are from the corner though :(

Onemic

If you're too close to the corner, bold canceling into teleport gets more difficult to do, but if you're that close to the corner, you should just do bold move to cancel the stinger, and then air dash forward and do j.S to adjust. Sometimes it's hard to tell how far you are from the corner though :(

This would most likely fix my issue. I guess the problem now would be telling ahead of time that the adjustment is needed and changing accordingly. :/

Kioshen

I tried to find the solution by myself but I couldn't quite pinpoint what was the problem so I might as well ask the Magneto players around here.

I'm currently grinding on the standard fly combo H loop with Magneto. I'm able to do it ok but sometimes mid-screen I seem to zoom past my opponent when doing (adf xx H)x4. I did adjust the launch using S by holding up instead of up-forward so it helped being more consistent but sometimes it still happens.

Until I can do Hyper Grav loops properly, do I have to ADD H when unflying in the corner to be able to H xx L Hyper Grav xx Tempest or can I just unfly H, land then do H xx LHG xx T ?

Onemic

I tried to find the solution by myself but I couldn't quite pinpoint what was the problem so I might as well ask the Magneto players around here.

I'm currently grinding on the standard fly combo H loop with Magneto. I'm able to do it ok but sometimes mid-screen I seem to zoom past my opponent when doing (adf xx H)x4. I did adjust the launch using S by holding up instead of up-forward so it helped being more consistent but sometimes it still happens.

Until I can do Hyper Grav loops properly, do I have to ADD H when unflying in the corner to be able to H xx L Hyper Grav xx Tempest or can I just unfly H, land then do H xx LHG xx T ?

For the first one the problem is how fast you're doing the dashes. If you go past your opponent that means you're doing it too fast and you need to delay the dashes slightly.

For the second one you can just do unfly H, land , H xx LHG xx T

This makes me sad that everything else outside of Mag combos Is super hard for me to do, which is why i dropped him :(

For the first one the problem is how fast you're doing the dashes. If you go past your opponent that means you're doing it too fast and you need to delay the dashes slightly.

For the second one you can just do unfly H, land , H xx LHG xx T

This makes me sad that everything else outside of Mag combos Is super hard for me to do, which is why i dropped him :(
Start at the bottom and work your way up. When I started this game I couldn't even tridash with Dormammu, and fly-canceling with Morrigan was just a fantasy.

Onemic

Start at the bottom and work your way up. When I started this game I couldn't even tridash with Dormammu, and fly-canceling with Morrigan was just a fantasy.

Problem is I don't know how he would fit anymore. I really want to learn Strider and Dante is a lock, so I would need to do Strider/Dante/mag since mag can't get anything off of vajra?

GeoNeo

I disagree.

You want to go into fly fierce by jumping towards them m fly l adf H. If you delay the first H rep after the adf you'll get em at the perfect height so you can keep one constant rhythm with out needing to delay mid combo.

To finish the fly fierce you need to get 'em near the corner air dash down or down forward (depending on how far away you are from the corner. Use the air dash down if you are right in the corner.) H S H. It is more consistent than manual unfly.

Also, start grinding on mag blasts right now. Go into training mode start doing normal jump adf or adb mag blasts. Once you get super consistent with it start calling assists during the air dash. It is a key part of his neutral game. You should really never be super jumping and coming down with normals or mag blasts it is just too unsafe.

Oh and the key to getting the timing of Hyper grab loop is to buffer the down up down motion on the stick after you hear him say hypergrab start of hyperrrr is when you need to buffer it. Slow it down don't speed it up. (And of course use m & l to dash during the last down part and H H. Which is kind of like a plink timing if that makes sense.)

After you have learned all this stuff combine what you have learned. Change your B&B to launch H adf H light magblast after you land dash forward (I use the joystick for this part since I find it give me the perfect control) launch H adf H fly into the loop.

Solune

Problem is I don't know how he would fit anymore. I really want to learn Strider and Dante is a lock, so I would need to do Strider/Dante/mag since mag can't get anything off of vajra?

Dante/Mag/Strider are the optimal positions for this team. You don't really want to start Strider unless you are 100% sure your Strider is going to do the most work on the team, or for some reason you want to play Strider on point.

Magneto getting a super off Vajra is not that much, but raw damage is never a bad thing. You can also kind of layer Mag's defense by using his counter and calling Vajra at the same time, although chances of Happy Bday are high against beams.

Azure J

I'm glad I've been practicing plink blasts, plink dashes and bold cancels are so much easier now.

It's so nice how learning one set of things makes another thing with a different character or even on a fundamental level like dashes easier. All someone had to tell me was that I needed to superjump j.H with Viper (hitstun values change during super jumps apparently) and instantly I could stair case. :lol

Just got off a great set of games with a friend nd I'm noticing that I can see through the madness better. I had tech chase setups, learned a new Dante opening match gambit and spotted Level 3 punish attempts better than ever before. I just need more approaches and I'm golden.

The only combos I really hate watching are ones that involve a lot of multi-hit moves, because that hitstop really adds up over time, and it equals boredom.

Azure J

Forget Taskmaster. Smurf uses Haggar, who has stupidly long combos that kill everyone.

3 meters off a goddamn throw. A. GODDAMNED. THROW. And Haggar could actually probably kill most things without the mandatory team hyper afterwards.

The only combos I really hate watching are ones that involve a lot of multi-hit moves, because that hitstop really adds up over time, and it equals boredom.

The Zero Dilemma™.

It's kind of shameful how easy Taskmaster and Nova are. I feel dirty. ALL THIS DAMAGE PACKED INTO A VERY EASY CHARACTER. Apply directly to opponents' forehead. Team New York has dat damage.

Luckily, I am still a unique flower thanks to Spider-Man.

Zissou

Strider is the best anchor, but in matches where you burn x-factor early, I would personally get Strider in on point and put Mags last.

Deadpool combos are swag.

Deadpool combos are cool because they have the additional strategic element of teleport management to them. His teleport is the coolest thing about him in general- making specials teleport cancelable was a great change from vanilla.

Kioshen

@onemic & @GeoNeo

Thanks for tips on Mags ! I have another few tidbits I'm not too sure.

Also, start grinding on mag blasts right now. Go into training mode start doing normal jump adf or adb mag blasts. Once you get super consistent with it start calling assists during the air dash. It is a key part of his neutral game. You should really never be super jumping and coming down with normals or mag blasts it is just too unsafe.

Ok so those inputs should be 8963 xx HM~L ? If I want to jump forward I should do 98963... then ? Those are going to be a pain to do :/. Thank goodness MBlast add swag to combos at least.

Oh and the key to getting the timing of Hyper grab loop is to buffer the down up down motion on the stick after you hear him say hypergrab start of hyperrrr is when you need to buffer it. Slow it down don't speed it up. (And of course use m & l to dash during the last down part and H H. Which is kind of like a plink timing if that makes sense.)

Could I get away with the ghetto version for the time being by doing (HG xx SJU xx ADF xx M,H,H)xN if I understood the inputs correctly by looking at match videos ? It's kinda weird being asked to slow it down since that loop looks fast. Sure it's not as fast as KK for Iron Man but still.

After you have learned all this stuff combine what you have learned. Change your B&B to launch H adf H light magblast after you land dash forward (I use the joystick for this part since I find it give me the perfect control) launch H adf H fly into the loop.

Shouldn't that last part be M instead of H ? I thought H pushed people too far to connect in UMvC3.

It's kind of shameful how easy Taskmaster and Nova are. I feel dirty. ALL THIS DAMAGE PACKED INTO A VERY EASY CHARACTER. Apply directly to opponents' forehead. Team New York has dat damage.

Luckily, I am still a unique flower thanks to Spider-Man.

I don't think nova is that easy (not sure about task though) but I'm still relatively new to marvel.

Fly/unfly nova combos imo are difficult because if theres bad timing the opponent drops out of the combo. Besides that, he's pretty straight forward So if you're LMH combos only then yea he's easy.

I also don't think that nova can kill most characters off one hit without doing a reset (throw for example) whereas other characters can.

Again, I'm new to marvel so take that for whats it worth, someone more experienced can probably shed some light on the subject.

I don't think nova is that easy (not sure about task though) but I'm still relatively new to marvel.

Fly/unfly nova combos imo are difficult because if theres bad timing the opponent drops out of the combo. Besides that, he's pretty straight forward So if you're LMH combos only then yea he's easy.

I also don't think that nova can kill most characters off one hit without doing a reset (throw for example) whereas other characters can.

Again, I'm new to marvel so take that for whats it worth, someone more experienced can probably shed some light on the subject.

Don't want to sound like a dick but Nova has the easiest combo in the game.

You can do lmh, s super jump h, fly h, un fly h, s, super jump h s, fwd H, S, super jump H xx super.

Or you can do lmh, S, super jump, lmh (or mh), fly mhs, fwd H, S, super jump H, xx super.

One of those three works on every single character. Add in Spencer and bam you can another free s (or H) + centruin rush and all of that doesn't even use a wall bounce.

Top Bottom