• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Azure J

I have a really really dumb idea that Strider + Jam Session is better than Dante + Vajra. Is this possible?

One of my theory teams for a bit was an inverted Devil May Stride with Strider (Vajra)/Dante (Jam Session)/Vergil (Rapid Slash), just because of the blender you can put someone into on incoming or if they block either of those assists with Jam Session being pants on head retarded.

Labbing out that mixup I posted about, there's another crossup setup you can go into if instead of coming down with the Ladder Kick (L off the wall) overhead, you instead press S for the Wall Switch causing the second bomb to hit as a crossup then XFC into nonsense.

mr. puppy

Banned
One of my theory teams for a bit was an inverted Devil May Stride with Strider (Vajra)/Dante (Jam Session)/Vergil (Rapid Slash), just because of the blender you can put someone into on incoming or if they block either of those assists with Jam Session being pants on head retarded.

i'd rather dante last over vergil. vergil is gonna give Strider some TOD (hopefully), which is why i'm putting some strange on this team.

Zissou

Hey Karst, someone on the X-23 forum figured out that you can stop Hard Drive.

If you do a level three right as the opponent is coming in, they can't hyper right away, so if they're pinned by an assist, they just have to deal with it.

Damn! Presumably this works against Phoenix rage and Morrigan's level 3 also?

Azure J

Stride, Cry, Dream is too fucking godlike a name. Interestingly enough, Dante/Magneto/Strider is a side team I would totally do something with if Magneto got more than Shockwave from a HKD. Imagine if his c.H slide was a jump cancelable OTG like Toy Touch.

On another note, I have a question for Karst. You know the Dark Matter to jump loop combo route with Dormammu right? I'm watching F.Champ play and somehow, he's able to come straight down with the j.H necessary to start the loop off any Dark Matter and I'm kinda here wondering what's up with that.

Zissou

Does anybody have a suggested order for running Task/Trish/Dog? I guess the question is mostly- 1. Do I start Task or Trish? 2. Do I use low voltage or peekabo assist for Trish?

Task on point could be nice since I would have access to TAC infinites, but usually you want to start Trish since she isn't good at mounting a comeback once you're down a character. I'm thinking low voltage would make more sense than peekabo on that team, but what do I know.

smurfx

get some go again
Wait, I could swear that I had a post here saying GGs to Smurf and asking if he had comments on that last FT10... I hope I'm not going crazy here. :X
well the one thing that stood out was all the dropped combos with viper. you also prematurely used up your XF to save her. if you have strider on anchor then you should just let her die and save it for him. although a few times you used xfactor and didn't kill haggar with her. if you are going to use it then make it count. what's the highest damage you can get with her meter less with XF1?

Azure J

well the one thing that stood out was all the dropped combos with viper. you also prematurely used up your XF to save her. if you have strider on anchor then you should just let her die and save it for him. although a few times you used xfactor and didn't kill haggar with her. if you are going to use it then make it count. what's the highest damage you can get with her meter less with XF1?

Thing is, at this point, I feel very confident in my ability to make a comeback without X-Factor, especially with Strider, but a lot of those XF activations were because I would get something that looked like a perfect setup and then be reminded that I'm online a moment later only to panic and want to immediately be safe for another approach.

Highest damage with or without assists? Solo is like somewhere in the mid 800K range, with assists 900K+, with both assists (LOL) 1 mil and change.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why does he keep addressing this and why does he keep saying "for now there's nothing for me to talk about"?

Fucking cock teasing motha focker.
At this point, I'm not sure who to blame more, Sven, or the people who keep asking the same goddamn questions over and over. If it didn't work the 37th time, it won't work the 38th.

At this point, I'm not sure who to blame more, Sven, or the people who keep asking the same goddamn questions over and over. If it didn't work the 37th time, it won't work the 38th.

Blame the people who keep asking, like Dahbomb.
Blame the people who keep giving Sven attention, like enzo.
Or just stop asking questions altogether and accept the game's fate, like me.

Fucking SFxT. It's not even about Marvel for me, I just want that game to go away.
You said exactly what I've been wanting to say since the end of EVO. In fact, I just want this whole year to be over with already. I don't care for Street Fighter outside of 3S all that much and the anniversary fumes are killing me. I want to see them talk about something that doesn't wear a headband for once.

Dahbomb

Blame the people who keep asking, like Dahbomb.
Blame the people who keep giving Sven attention, like enzo.
Or just stop asking questions altogether and accept the game's fate, like me.
I am not even asking Capcom for it, I am telling them to stop answering questions unless there is actual information in the responses. The blame is on Capcom for choosing to answer a useless question. They can't choose their questions but they can choose their answers or lack of it.

Although I am completely up for a soft ban on all useless Sven comments on Marvel GAF, nothing but vitriol comes out of it.

Onemic

Wait, I could swear that I had a post here saying GGs to Smurf and asking if he had comments on that last FT10... I hope I'm not going crazy here. :X

@God's Beard: I actually knew about that from that Zero guard break video a while back. If you use Raikousen M, it completely forces a block and can hit counterhit if they commit to anything.

Really, the single easiest one is to time your teleport to start as soon as Strider's disappeared and do stuff at the end of both animations. It's so derpy I know, but if you want layers, you gotta make them block something. My personal favorite is Weasel Shot (mashing every shot out) and on the second or third to last, calling him while buffering an Air Trick. If you do it on the second shot, that's for the instant mixup, if you do it on the third, you'll appear before Strider and can sorta psyche someone with a simple air dash back to the opposite side as Strider kicks them in the head.

Another one (which actually has made me start appreciating Dante's grabs lately) is to Ground Grab forward, wave (plink works best for me personally) dash forward calling the assist from about the second dash, whiff a normal (s.H works best) and teleport. Gives you enough time to track the tech roll they doand get another silly mixup. I kinda took that from watching Yipes' use of Rapid Slash assist when he was sharing tech on his stream a while back.

Also, playing some ranked today has made me seriously love Jam Session. I was not calling this assist anywhere near as much as I should have. Holy fuuuuuck. I came up with a double layer Strider incoming mixup on the fly that I have to put into video soon just because of it. If anyone wants the transcript, it's basically:

Call Bird Bomb - Call Second Bird Bomb - Call Jam Session - Wall Cling

- Depending on what you do, the first bird bomb will hit as a side switch on incoming (the normal stuff)
- If they don't get hit with that, Jam Session's activation says fuck you if you aren't blocking correctly.
- If they block both of those, Jam Session holds them in place and forces them to drop straight to the ground. Say hello to the second Bird Bomb coming down and hitting with those weird as fuck extended frames.
- If they block all of the above, you're still on the wall at frame advantage. L for overheads and combo on.

Whats makes Vajra different from disrupter? Im running dante/mag/strider. And can't you do that teleport mixups with mag, but you can do it immediately instead of having to wait for strider to appear?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I am not even asking Capcom for it, I am telling them to stop answering questions unless there is actual information in the responses. The blame is on Capcom for choosing to answer a useless question. They can't choose their questions but they can choose their answers or lack of it.

Although I am completely up for a soft ban on all useless Sven comments on Marvel GAF, nothing but vitriol comes out of it.
Fair enough.

Azure J

Whats makes Vajra different from disrupter? Im running dante/mag/strider. And can't you do that teleport mixups with mag, but you can do it immediately instead of having to wait for strider to appear?

Vajra pretty much gives Dante everything by virtue of also adding much needed damage to his combos for relatively little extra work, controlling SJ offense types, and adding layers on to his already potent reset game while coming with some moderate mixup on its own.

The way I see it is this: you run Disruptor if you're more about high speed mixups and don't feel any way about the somewhat awkward confirms you have to do with the assist and Dante's lowish damage scaling. You pick Vajra if you want to trade off speed and number of mixups for consistency of character KOs from one or two choice mix ups. You also happen to unlock "almost Vanilla Dante" mode with its secondary benefits.

Vajira tracks, hard knockdown, creates ambiguous mix ups. Dante has some of the most OTG follow ups in the game. So he can utilize the hard knockdown extremely well. As can Viper.

Solune

Everyone knows that they would "like" to do something with Marvel but that's entirely up to the head honchos in Japan, and they have absolutely no direction after getting rid of Inafune.

It's just like how they addressed the state of Megaman in that capcom-unity blog post about MMxSF. "They know it's been a tough year for Megaman" But they have little power over designing a new Megaman, that's how the fan project was brought about and finalized. It's officially sanctioned just not developed internally.
---
On that note. I would love MM x DMC and have Megaman go through fighting Nightmares, Griffons, Cerberus, Nevan, Agni and Rudra, Beowulf, and other DMC bosses with Temen-ni-gru being the Wily Castle.

Onemic

Vajra pretty much gives Dante everything by virtue of also adding much needed damage to his combos for relatively little extra work, controlling SJ offense types, and adding layers on to his already potent reset game while coming with some moderate mixup on its own.

The way I see it is this: you run Disruptor if you're more about high speed mixups and don't feel any way about the somewhat awkward confirms you have to do with the assist and Dante's lowish damage scaling. You pick Vajra if you want to trade off speed and number of mixups for consistency of character KOs from one or two choice mix ups. You also happen to unlock "almost Vanilla Dante" mode with its secondary benefits.
what would you say about unibeam compared to disruptor for dante?

Azure J

On that note. I would love MM x DMC and have Megaman go through fighting Nightmares, Griffons, Cerberus, Nevan, Agni and Rudra, Beowulf, and other DMC bosses with Temen-ni-gru being the Wily Castle.
Honestly, I'd love to see a Megaman x Capcom game in general, maybe as a offshoot side series. Get a rep DMC, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney/Ghost Trick, Sengoku Basara, Onimusha, and Breath of Fire and go nuts.

what would you say about unibeam compared to disruptor for dante?
See, I personally couldn't recommend Unibeam because I love my hyper optimized Dante stuff and have made my team with the condition that it always has to focus on maximizing Dante's damage. At the same time, Unibeam is one of the most oppressive assists in the game and a sleeper sitting somewhere outside of the top 5 assists in the game because of the character it's attached to. It gives so many mixup opportunities because of the unique way it locks down and on hit it keeps them in place for greater hit confirm flexibility. Problem is, it scales really badly and on top of that, you will be confirming off one of these with Dante who doesn't have the greatest scaling in the world. It's a bit better if you have a good repetoire of resets to make concerns over damage an afterthought though.

Honestly, I'd love to see a Megaman x Capcom game in general, maybe as a offshoot side series. Get a rep DMC, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney/Ghost Trick, Sengoku Basara, Onimusha, and Breath of Fire and go nuts.

Pfft, this shit will never happen, too unbelievable.
Mega Man getting top billing? C'mon son.

mr. puppy

Banned
guys we haven't put out a good game in like 3 years except for marvel and unlike every american company that knows how to exploit the shit out of an FPS, we are just completely baffled about what to do so here is some more fucking tekken games and a tournament for games that were fun in 1992

guys we haven't put out a good game in like 3 years except for marvel and unlike every american company that knows how to exploit the shit out of an FPS, we are just completely baffled about what to do so here is some more fucking tekken games and a tournament for games that were fun in 1992
Complaining about the SF tournament during its 25th anniversary is just grasping at straws.

I haven't really used Strider before so I'm trying to get the hang of how to make good use of Vajra. As a Zero player how would I want to use it besides as a combo extender? If I got a knockdown with it I don't think I'd easily be able to combo off that.

JeTmAn81

FtocM.jpg

I'm taking a break from Marvel for a while. Too many obsessive thoughts. I think I might try to learn some AE. It's free on Playstation Plus this month so that's cool.

mr. puppy

Banned
i've been trying to come up with a cool name for strider/strange/dante but all I've got is:
The Ninja, The Doctor and the Douchebag.

Ah well.

shaowebb

FtocM.jpg

I'm taking a break from Marvel for a while. Too many obsessive thoughts. I think I might try to learn some AE. It's free on Playstation Plus this month so that's cool.

If you take a break for any title trust me and explore KoF XIII. Its insanely good. Any character in it is viable as closely balanced as the game came out and its got the best footsies you'll ever find while still allowing for longer swag combo potential unlike most footsie defense intensive fighters that are out.

Top Bottom