• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

MARVEL CYCLE TIME!

Nerf three strong characters, buff one strong character, buff three weak characters, nerf one weak character and make three system-wide changes.

Nerfs:

Vergil -
  • 2H no longer has knockdown property
  • round trip charge glitch fixed
  • Summoned Sword durability changed to 6 x 5 high durability

Doom -
  • Hidden Missiles assist reduced to 4 missiles from 6, recovery increased by 10 frames
  • Air S no longer causes ground bounce

Morrigan -
  • Reduced the amount of guaranteed hitstun on Shadow Blade
  • Flight startup increased from 11 to 14 frames

Phoenix Wright -
  • Increased the number of available evidence items

Buffs:

Storm -
  • Can call assists during float again
  • Foul Wind/Fair wind is now active on the 8th frame, Storm recovers immediately after active frames
  • Double Typhoon startup decreased to 45 frames from 63

Thor -
  • Startup on Mighty Spark L decreased to 10 frames from 15, loses initial spark
  • Startup on Mighty Strike decreased to 15-26 from 21-30, super armor lasts from frames 18-35
  • Mighty Thunder now travels more quickly

Shuma Gorath -
  • Recovery on Chaos Dimension eliminated, can now OTG into a combo afterwards
  • Character profile and all respective hit/hurtboxes increased in size by 60%
  • Mystic Smash hitbox moved forward
  • Startup on all Mystic Ray versions decreased by 6 frames

Strider -
  • Formation B(Shot) is now Air OK
  • Ouroboros is now a level 2 hyper, active frames reduced to 300 from 420

System:
  • TAC glitch where the direction can be changed is removed, post TAC combos no longer build meter
  • X-factor boosts changed from 40/70/100% to 20/50/80%
  • Overall damage decreased by 35%(or I should say, mid-late combo damage scaling increased drastically. this accommodates zoners)

^
For Storm they also need to finally fix her double typhoon assist in corners since it whiffs by going off screen.
You mean for Dormammu and Dark Hole. :p

GB, most of those changes boggle my mind. IMO, if you're going to fuck with Vergil, start by critiquing Dahbomb's very well done changes to him.

The more Nova/Spencer I play the more I love it. Spencer is so freaking fun! He's like Zero.. but much easier for me to not drop combos! WOOT WOOT!

Now someone teach me Dr. Strange so I can fraudulently feel myself.

Zissou

Why buff Strider? The problem of ouro losing to Vergil's SS is more a problem of SS being too good rather than ouro being bad.

Zissou

Buffing a good character and nerfing a bad one is to emulate Capcom.

Ahh, I missed that part of your earlier post. Knowing capcom they'd allow zero to charge two buster shots simultaneously and make buster shot buster shot-cancelable. Then they'd lower She-hulk's health to 800k and make it so she has a one in three chance of slipping into a hard knockdown during her run, after which reverts back to a normal human and loses her special moves.

shaowebb

Make a Shuma buff where his Mystic Stare eyeballs function as an assist like they do during when hes out fighting. They attach and if you didn't catch Shuma when he was out as an assist using them then you are on a timer till they blow and then you're free domain for the opponent's pleasure.

Also nerfing Phoenix with more bad evidence? Booooooo. Just nerf his damage or something. Or just nerf cellphone.

DR2K

Banned
Nerf

Virgil
-Swords becomes 3 meters
-Rapid slash can be blocked normally

Spencer
-All grapple hook otgs cost 1 meter
-No longer can Xfactor cancel bionic arm

Doom
-Foot dive (S) causes a soft knockdown hit box much smaller
-Missles are gone as soon as he gets hit
-All self otgs cost 1 meter

Buff

ChunLi
+Overall damage increase by 20%
+Spinning bird kick shorter charge time
+When one hit of her level 3 hits the whole thing is guaranteed no matter what.

Hsienko
+Overall damage increase by 10%
+Air dash is much faster and can be done 8 ways
+Projectile durability with pendulum

She Hulk
+rapid low jabs returned from MVC3
+ forward Air dash returned from beta build

Vergil:

- Dies

Zero:

- Dies

Doom:

- Hidden Missiles assist replaced with his Stand A as his Gamma Assist

Hawkeye

+ Any Arrow that connects kills opponents in one hit because technically he could just shoot you in the eye and that'd be that.

Dante
-Damage scaling returned to vanilla status
-He gains a Lucifer summoned swords hyper
-Having Vergil on your team changes his hyper to this:

1598860_o.gif

shaowebb

• Shuma now loses his eye.
  • Iron Fist's tattoo now on his back.
  • Magneto's helmet now worn loosely and to the side just barely on top of his head gangsta style.
  • Jill now in a thong.
  • Nemesis too.
  • Wolverine now has maskless form with a cowboy hat.
  • Sentinel now has lift kit that causes self ground bounce.
  • Trish has a level 3 where she performs bad romance until the clock runs out.
  • Thor now has Ultimates outfit that increases his normals on his hammer to about as large as level 5 Frank West paddle saw given the Ultimates Thor hammer is enormous.
  • Rocket Racoon now has rabies boost mode.
  • Ryu now spawns 8 way fireballs from tatsu.
  • Doom now throws up gang signs during hidden missiles.
  • Morrigan now has dollar bills tucked into her top.
  • Iron Fist now has dollar bills tucked into his top too.
  • Iron Man now has no more dollar bills or alcohol
  • Felicia has a self heal move where she eats a mouse.
  • Ammy now can OTG with the pissing move from Okami along with laying "brown frown" traps too.
  • Taskmaster now has a gun between his teeth and knives held between his toes.
  • Arthur now has to beat your team twice to get the real victory.
  • Dr. Strange now has a boost mode against females that increases his speed and power for short periods of time to impress them.
  • She Hulk now dances on the pole if she manages to land it in a combo

Deadly. Serious.

Solune

Solune I like the way you think.
As long as it has your approval sir.
Honestly, I'd love to see a Megaman x Capcom game in general, maybe as a offshoot side series. Get a rep DMC, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney/Ghost Trick, Sengoku Basara, Onimusha, and Breath of Fire and go nuts.
I agree with this, they have enough content within their own IPs that Megaman games could last forever. And fuck the haters, even with his lows, I would buy any new classic Megaman game that involves the standard formula.

Also I have to agree with these sentiments, your nameeeeeeeeeeeeee. Next thing you'll be moving onto the big leagues with a tag.

Secret UMVC3 mode: Street Fighter V Turbo

Disable the launcher button
disable the assist buttons
Set damage to low
Card set: HUNK(primary, parries), Multiple man(3/5 rounds), Lord Raptor(Taunt bonus)

Available characters:

• Akuma
  • Arthur
  • Chun-Li
  • C.Viper
  • Felicia
  • Ghost Rider
  • Haggar
  • Hsien-Ko
  • Morrigan
  • Ryu
  • She-Hulk
  • Spencer

shaowebb

Set damage to low
Card set: HUNK(primary, parries), Multiple man(3/5 rounds), Lord Raptor(Taunt bonus)

Available characters:

• Akuma
  • Arthur
  • Chun-Li
  • C.Viper
  • Felicia
  • Ghost Rider
  • Haggar
  • Hsien-Ko
  • Morrigan
  • Ryu
  • She-Hulk
  • Spencer
Under those rules Ghost Rider would be interesting. I'll still hold out for DLC of Doom throwing up gang signs during hidden missiles, though.

Dahbomb

MARVEL CYCLE TIME!

Nerf three strong characters, buff one strong character, buff three weak characters, nerf one weak character and make three system-wide changes.
WOW I actually agree with a lot of those especially those Vergil ones, those are the exact ones I had previously (although I would reduce the durability/time/hits from 6 to 4).

Here's my list:

NERFS

Zero:

*Cancelling Raikousen with Buster prevents the move from having an active hit box on the screen.
*Minimum special/normal damage scaling values reduced by half each.
*Buster LVL3 charge time increased by 90 frames.
*Raikousen no longer causes soft knockdown.

Doom:

*Hidden Missiles are disabled/destroyed like Drones if Doom is hit as an assist character. The move maintains property as a point character.
*Minimum normal damage scaling values reduced. Special damage scaling is the same.
*Hit box priority on Foot Dive including above the knee greatly reduced.
*Max hit stun from his st.M and st.H reduced so that he can't do 4 relaunches in a row.

Viper:

*EX Seismo cannot be jump cancelled and is unsafe on block.
*Optic blast recharge glitch removed.
*Minimum normal/special damage scaling values reduced
*TK hit stun reduced at max scaling, preventing infinites

Strange

*Flames of Faltine minimum hit stun reduced

BONUS (because fuck it I wanna)

Vergil (in addition to the ones God's Beard already mentioned)

*St.H horizontal nerfed to better represent the animation
*Helm Breaker cannot be special cancelled into anything other than Teleports and hypers
*Dimension Slash cannot randomly cross up

BUFF

Iron Man

*Can cancel out of ground dash at anytime
*Down/forward air dash has significantly faster start up time but retains all other properties
*St.H has same horizontal range as cr.M allowing for universal hitconfirmation off of cr.M
*Proton Cannon causes soft knockdown if canceled before the last hit. Last hit of PC also causes more hit stun meaning it's no longer possible to punish IM even if he connects PC in the corner.
*Smart Bombs reworked, has a chargeable version that tracks opponent and has more durability

Storm

*Lightning Storm hyper causes soft knockdown state like Thor's Mighty Tornado if canceled before final hit. Easier to DHC out of it into another hyper.
*Double Typhoon start up decreased by 30 frames at least. Can now be charged for 70 frames for a more powerful, longer lasting and higher durability typhoon. The charged version comes out as an assist and works like a Jam Session that can also OTG.
*Lightning Sphere recovery reduced, hit stun increased (works like Air Play). Can be charged for a bigger hit box, more durability and more hit stun also like Air Play.

Iron Fist

*Can use Rising Fang and the shoulder move any time he wants. Rising Fang is air OK.
*Cr.L hits low
*Chi system reworked. Red Chi parries low attacks countering with an invincible crumple stun AND gives additional block damage to Rekka moves. Blue Chi parries high attacks countering with an invincible Shoulder tackle AND gives 1 hit of super armor on all Rekka moves. Green chi parries projectiles countering with an invincible Rising Fang AND allows IF to build meter by whiffing Rekkas.
*New hyper added: Zen (D, D + Att) All Chis are activated at the same time for a set duration of time.
*Dive kick added mapped to d+H, causes ground bounce on aerial target and stagger on counter hit.
*IF now capable of double jumping
*Crescent Heel now has slightly faster start up (for faster OTGs off throws) and keeps opponent standing if it hits them while they are standing.

Wesker:

*The hyper counter has start up invincibility like Vanilla Marvel
*Projectile counter teleports Wesker closer to the opponent

BONUS:

Thor (aside from the ones that God's Beard mentioned):

*Cr.M and st.H have one hit of super armor each
*Mighty Thunder has more push back and less recovery frames
*Mighty Punish ends with a ground bounce that Thor can combo off of

SYSTEM WIDE CHANGES

*X factor values reduced from 40/70/100 (on average) to 30/50/70. A similar proportion is applied to speed increases as well. Further more, damage/speed buffs will not stack multiplicatively with X factor bonuses (meaning no more Vergil 220% damage boost or garbage like that).

*TACs have a 25 frame window of color animation in which you can counter it (it's only slightly slower than a Spencer overhead to react to). Connecting a TAC successfully resets hit stun back to 0 but will build back up normally. Meter gain from TAC combos is halved.

*Guard breaks removed, you are no longer guaranteed a throw against advance guarding. You can also no longer be guaranteed a throw if you manage to throw the opponent during their tech recovery phase (currently only Wolverine can really do this thanks to his Berserker Charge decreasing recovery on his tech).

BONUS

*Throws reset characters at a further distance that current. Teching air throws at super jump height disables assist usage like normal.

Zissou

Set damage to low

Available characters:

• Akuma
  • Arthur
  • Chun-Li
  • C.Viper
  • Felicia
  • Ghost Rider
  • Haggar
  • Hsien-Ko
  • Morrigan
  • Ryu
  • She-Hulk
  • Spencer

I think Morrigan would be the best. I never messed around with H&H, can you DHC with the multiple man card?

WTF Dahbomb? Why would you nerf one of the things that makes Strange viable? If you do that, you need to fix several of his other properties cough frame data.

Dahbomb

WTF Dahbomb? Why would you nerf one of the things that makes Strange viable? If you do that, you need to fix several of his other properties cough frame data.
He said to nerf a weak character so I had to choose one. Read the rules. I have a crap ton of real buffs to Strange though.

I am sort of serious about the FOTF nerf though if they buff him all around first. The FOTF loops are just another example of damage inflation in the game going haywire. Just because it's on a lower tier character doesn't mean it's right to have it in the game.

*X factor values reduced from 40/70/100 (on average) to 30/50/70. A similar proportion is applied to speed increases as well.

Those values are combined. A character might have 30% damage boost and 10% speed in lvl 1 x-factor, for instance. It's not an average, 40/70/100 is the same for every character.

Dahbomb

Those values are combined. A character might have 30% damage boost and 10% speed in lvl 1 x-factor, for instance. It's not an average, 40/70/100 is the same for every character.
OK my mind is blown right now. I actually never knew this, I had to look at the data and add up the values for a few characters to confirm it.

Alright my revised changes would be like yours then. Oh and I forgot to mention that time duration is decreased too (new XF3 value is same as old XF2 value and so on).

So how many people here actually knew that every character in the game had 40/70/100 XF values if you add up their power + speed? I never really bothered to check values aside from a select few characters in the game so I never knew there was an actual pattern to it all.

So how many people here actually knew that every character in the game had 40/70/100 XF values if you add up their power + speed? I never really bothered to check values aside from a select few characters in the game so I never knew there was an actual pattern to it all.
Mind is also blown right now.

Zissou

You can't fly cancel with her though, the launcher button is disabled...

Ahh, forgot about that. Who could even do decent combos out of that list then?

And not a single fuck was given that day.

Although all my point changes to nerf affect his comboability/damage not his actual tools. Doom is just damage/meter ratio in the game gone horribly wrong.

Point Doom just ain't that great. There's only one point Doom player on earth for a reason. Doom's point viability would be pretty massively undermined by any major damage nerf- his resets are pretty weak, so why reduce him to Dante level damage or something when he has worse neutral and worse resets? Doom's unfair stuff is missile assist and TAC abuse, which is a system problem more than a character problem anyway.

I actually want to play SFVT(aka Ultimate SF) now.

Tier predictions:

S-
Akuma

A-
Arthur
C.Viper
Ghost Dhalsim
She-Hulk
Chun-Li

B-
Felicia
Haggar
Morrigan
Ryu
Spencer

C-
Hsien-Ko

Ahh, forgot about that. Who could even do decent combos out of that list then?

Cutting the combos is the whole point, but Akuma would get close to full conversions and otherwise doesn't lose options as bad as the others.

smurfx

get some go again
I actually want to play SFVT(aka Ultimate SF) now.

Tier predictions:

S-
Akuma

A-
Arthur
C.Viper
Ghost Dhalsim
She-Hulk
Chun-Li

B-
Felicia
Haggar
Morrigan
Ryu
Spencer

C-
Hsien-Ko

Cutting the combos is the whole point, but Akuma would get close to full conversions and otherwise doesn't lose options as bad as the others.
i think haggar would be A tier.

Top Bottom