• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FtocM.jpg

I'm taking a break from Marvel for a while. Too many obsessive thoughts. I think I might try to learn some AE. It's free on Playstation Plus this month so that's cool.
A+ photoshop. haha

vg260

Never believe anything Sven says.

or just be able to read between the lines and understand there's stuff he can't reveal even if asked directly. I just don't know what people expect him to say. He actually provides way more insight into what is actually happening than most any other publisher does. Once you learn PR-speak, you'll find he does a pretty reasonable job of saying what he can.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
or just be able to read between the lines and see understand there's stuff he can't reveal even if asked directly. I just don't know what people expect him to say. He actually provides way more insight into what is actually happening than most any other publisher does. Once you learn PR-speak, you'll find he does a pretty reasonable job of saying what he can.
Pretty much. If you go in pissed and your not reading the same language they're speaking, your going to stay pissed. But he's dropped enough truth nuggets and details about the internal workings of Capcom that it's worth checking out what he has to say. Complaining about him answering questions from idiots is useless really, especially when he answers a ton of interesting questions about IPs and stuff the rest of the time.

Also, Capcom is probably the most transparent publisher in the business, on par with Bungie.

Dahbomb

"Hey Sven, how big is your dick?"

"Guys, we're aware of the interest in my genitalia and I wish I was able to discuss it more in detail, but for now there's nothing for me to talk about."

Pretty much. If you go in pissed and your not reading the same language they're speaking, your going to stay pissed. But he's dropped enough truth nuggets and details about the internal workings of Capcom that it's worth checking out what he has to say. Complaining about him answering questions from idiots is useless really, especially when he answers a ton of interesting questions about IPs and stuff the rest of the time.

Also, Capcom is probably the most transparent publisher in the business, on par with Bungie.

My problem is that there are times when he should say nothing, but he always has the last glimmer of hope attitude even though it's clear as day that it what he is talking about is totally out of his control. Sven would rather give people false hope then to just let them down easy. He can be insightful and knowledgeable but most times it's only pertaining to backround stuff or stuff people are only vaguely interested in.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My problem is that there are times when he should say nothing, but he always has the last glimmer of hope attitude even though it's clear as day that it what he is talking about is totally out of his control. Sven would rather give people false hope then to just let them down easy. He can be insightful and knowledgeable but most times it's only pertaining to backround stuff or stuff people are only vaguely interested in.
True, but at least he's prefaced enough times letting people know what is within his control. And although he does phrase stuff as PR-y as possible (I mean, that's part of his job), he keeps things realistic. He's given enough flat shut downs without making an event/scene out of it. Part of the problem is, no matter what people will incorrectly infer stuff from stuff like perceived intonation alone.

He has that last glimmer of hope because they do regularly review all their IPs for potential resurrection and internally have that glimmer of hope attitude at Capcom USA.

But I do agree, I'll stop posting the useless stuff. I only do it to try to get into people's minds that UMvC3: Uncanny Edition is still not in the cards, but if it does more harm than good then forget it.

JeTmAn81

If you take a break for any title trust me and explore KoF XIII. Its insanely good. Any character in it is viable as closely balanced as the game came out and its got the best footsies you'll ever find while still allowing for longer swag combo potential unlike most footsie defense intensive fighters that are out.

You know, I actually did download it since it was also free on PS+, went through the tutorial but that's about it. I just don't have enough interest in KoF to really dive into it. Street Fighter is the only game outside of Marvel I'll actually watch as a spectator.

Azure J

BT IFC Yipes vs. BT MarlinPie FT10 at the BrokenTier Suite at NECXIII.

EDIT: Seems like they've got so many other sets on their YT. Roachking vs. Viscant (!) and TA Predator vs. AG Demon Hyo.

Man, I really needed a clean Marlin set to watch. He's shown me so much new shit to try out with Viper unintentionally. I really am about to start RTSDing more.

Edit: HOLY FUCK @ THAT SLANT GRAPPLE ON DOOM. Yipes' Spencer is fuckin' ridiculous. Fuckin' ridiculous. Also, Yipes vs. Marlin battles are Goku vs. Future Trunks battles from now on. :lol

Hmm... Magneto with Vajra isn't so bad, it's workable. Them hard knockdown EMD Ls. Really good positioning setup with repulsion/attraction, or Grabbity Squeeze.

HiiiLife

I'm not sure if this is the thread to ask this but I'm about to pick this up on 360.

The rumors of another expansion have been busted right?

Sigmaah

I swear to god this game decides to lag up at the worst possible times or the person I'm playing likes to lag switch when they're getting combo'd...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm not sure if this is the thread to ask this but I'm about to pick this up on 360.

The rumors of another expansion have been busted right?
It's 99% safe to assume there will not be another expansion. Capcom has said that they're done with UMvC3 a ton of times and the dev team doesn't exist anymore.

Azure J

I'm currently gathering/recording an entry mixup video for my team right now, anyone want to give me an idea as to how I should do it so it leaves no questions or gets kneejerk "setup can be broken" responses? I wanted to do something involved using all states (blocking, not blocking, pushblocking), but I'm lazy/tired as fuck right now, I wanna make something and video editing is fun. :p

or just be able to read between the lines and understand there's stuff he can't reveal even if asked directly. I just don't know what people expect him to say. He actually provides way more insight into what is actually happening than most any other publisher does. Once you learn PR-speak, you'll find he does a pretty reasonable job of saying what he can.

The man lost all credibility when he outright lied about AAI2. If he would just tell the truth instead of dangling a carrot in front of people, I'd have a lot more respect for him. There's a difference between PR jargon and outright lies, and Capcom has had trouble differentiating between the two lately.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The man lost all credibility when he outright lied about AAI2. If he would just tell the truth instead of dangling a carrot in front of people, I'd have a lot more respect for him. There's a difference between PR jargon and outright lies, and Capcom has had trouble differentiating between the two lately.
By lately, you mean once, right?

Before RE6 came out IIRC they told people up-front what was on disc and what was not. They're pretty self-aware of their situation.

Dahbomb

No amount of head nod gifs are enough to cover this post. Jack Nic approves.

Azure with the ??? name change.

Everyone knows that they would "like" to do something with Marvel but that's entirely up to the head honchos in Japan, and they have absolutely no direction after getting rid of Inafune.

It's just like how they addressed the state of Megaman in that capcom-unity blog post about MMxSF. "They know it's been a tough year for Megaman" But they have little power over designing a new Megaman, that's how the fan project was brought about and finalized. It's officially sanctioned just not developed internally.
---
On that note. I would love MM x DMC and have Megaman go through fighting Nightmares, Griffons, Cerberus, Nevan, Agni and Rudra, Beowulf, and other DMC bosses with Temen-ni-gru being the Wily Castle.
"They have no direction" seems right. It's like most of Capcom no longer has any idea what made a game "Capcom quality" anymore. They'd be better off if Capcom USA became the new head, because those guys actually understand the games Capcom makes.

Never believe anything Sven says.
When has the man lied?

My favorite part about the AAI2 lie is when he claimed that one of the reasons why it's not being localized at this time is because AAI sold far less than Ghost Trick and even Okami DS. Then someone came in who works in the biz that had proof that AAI sold better than both of those titles.

vg260

What did he say and what was the context? Also was this information he was told and believed to be true or misinformation conjured up in his own head? I don't follow those games.

What are the other examples of lies lately? Dumb decisions, and and keeping work in pending hidden don't necessarily equate to lying with bad intent. Friends might lie to you when they're throwing you a surprise party. :p

What did he say and what was the context? Also was this information he was told and believed to be true or misinformation conjured up in his own head? I don't follow those games.
AAI2 admittedly would've been a tough sell in the US because it was hard to get DS games on the shelf during the time. So instead of telling people this, he lied and said that the reason it wasn't being localized was because it didn't sell well, and actually sold worse than Okamiden. What he wasn't expecting was that someone got the NPD numbers and proved it was a lie, and that it sold on par with Apollo Justice (which sold very well).

And as recently as a few months back, he mentions "make sure to buy the latest Phoenix Wright game guys, that way AAI2 has a chance of being localized!" Which is stupider than a kick to the dick to tell people who already don't want to listen to you on the matter.
Friends might lie to you when they're throwing you a surprise party. :p
This is even dumber than any of scytheavatar's recent posts.

Top Bottom