• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Dahbomb

Viper still can't mix up from full screen away or even at a range just beyond her Burn Kick range. Situation has to be set up for her. There are still grimier mix ups in the game.

plinking in marvel. how do you do it exactly?

I'm assuming its the same as other fighting games but I've never really understood when I would do a successful intentional plink compared to an accidental one.

i'm trying do this [normal jump and do m~h +L] so does that mean I piano M and H (slight delay) and then press L? or am I piano'ing M H and L almost simultaneously?

Also, is this similar to backwards wavedashing?

Zissou

plinking in marvel. how do you do it exactly?

I'm assuming its the same as other fighting games but I've never really understood when I would do a successful intentional plink compared to an accidental one.

i'm trying do this [normal jump and do m~h +L] so does that mean I piano M and H (slight delay) and then press L? or am I piano'ing M H and L almost simultaneously?

Also, is this similar to backwards wavedashing?

Who are you using? What are you trying to do, plink air-dashing?

mr. puppy

Banned
been arguing with people on SRK that firebrand is overrated, they don't seem to care for it.

hey Karst if I was going to make a snapback loop team, do you think I could get anywhere with Firebrand/Morrigan/Dante? I need morrigan for that meter gain since Firebrand is possibly the worst battery in the game outside of Storm and Phoenix Wright lol.

Dahbomb

ROFL LMAO!!!

tumblr_mb71auqXQK1ro6sclo1_500.jpg

The fucking prince.

been arguing with people on SRK that firebrand is overrated, they don't seem to care for it.

hey Karst if I was going to make a snapback loop team, do you think I could get anywhere with Firebrand/Morrigan/Dante? I need morrigan for that meter gain since Firebrand is possibly the worst battery in the game outside of Storm and Phoenix Wright lol.
Are you sure you need Morrigan for the meter? I thought that someone made the snapback loops meter neutral even on hit a while ago.

I think Morrigan/Dante is only so-so, because it doesn't help her with most of her god awful matchups (Strider, Hawkeye, Vergil). Chrisis is running C. Viper / Morrigan / Dante these days, and he seems to be a fan of it though.

mr. puppy

Banned
Are you sure you need Morrigan for the meter? I thought that someone made the snapback loops meter neutral even on hit a while ago.

I think Morrigan/Dante is only so-so, because it doesn't help her with most of her god awful matchups (Strider, Hawkeye, Vergil). Chrisis is running C. Viper / Morrigan / Dante these days, and he seems to be a fan of it though.

yea that dude always like weird shit that doesn't always work out for most people, mainly just his play style/theorycraft sillyness.

LakeEarth

So Vergil/Hawkeye/Strider (or Hawkye/Vergil/Strider for team anti-Morrigan? Team "the 3 little meterhogs"?

mr. puppy

Banned
So Vergil/Hawkeye/Strider (or Hawkye/Vergil/Strider for team anti-Morrigan? Team "the 3 little meterhogs"?

yeah i can't tell if it'd be better with Hawkeye or Vergil point. Hawkeye and Vergil are both free to incoming mixups but if you hawkeye->vergil you have TOD, but vergil with arrows assist is all Yipes needs to win a lot of things.

Also: definitely agree that team has terrible meter gain and won't have a lot to go aruond.

Yeah, that's a nightmare for Morrigan to fight. I would probably put Hawkeye first to do Gimlet -> Spiral Swords for the kill on Morrigan.

I don't really consider Strider to be a meter hog. He's a vicious anchor without Ouroboros, and I usually burn the 3 bars I have for Ragnarok to preserve X-Factor time. I mean, if you have it, burn it, but it's not like you're hurting Strider by spending a bunch of meter on Spiral Swords. And Hawkeye doesn't need his meter, it's just an added threat. Meter for Hawkeye is more like Shinkuu Hadoken for Ryu, and less like Chaotic Flame for Dormammu in my opinion. A nice bonus, but it's just fine to go without spending it.

It would not be a bad idea to burn XF2 on Vergil/Strider for that team, either. Vergil would be my "meter burner".

Azure J

No comments on crumple tech? :p

Hawkeye/Vergil/Strider is like one character away from being the one team I would hand the match to the other person at the character select screen. So much attrition in that matchup, I can feel it already. :lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
God damn it Beardo this SFV Turbo stuff is good shit.

Akuma with one meter I can do 696K but it's such a bitch to hit midscreen.

Ryu with a tiny bit more than 1 meter can blow it all with "Hado Kakusei" and do 791K.

FSLink

Banned
No comments on crumple tech? :p

Hawkeye/Vergil/Strider is like one character away from being the one team I would hand the match to the other person at the character select screen. So much attrition in that matchup, I can feel it already. :lol
Crumple makes me want to learn Viper + Strange for the obvious FoF loop. And she'd probably be godlike with mixups with bolts and burn kick feints. She also could probably protect Strange better than Nova. Optic laser and well placed seismos or EX seismo should be able to cover Strange. Not sure who would be great second on that team. Probably Dante or Vergil...moreso Dante. Jam Session's great for Viper and Dante has hard tag/DHC setups to Strange FoF.

Hawkeye/Vergil/Strider or Doom missiles(depends on matchup) is like my goto team for a counterpick. It's soooo good.

Dahbomb

*Goes on SRK Theory Tier Thread to check for input nullification glitch

*Sees someone arguing that Strange is top 5

*Slowly walks out of thread

shaowebb

God damn it Beardo this SFV Turbo stuff is good shit.

Akuma with one meter I can do 696K but it's such a bitch to hit midscreen.

Ryu with a tiny bit more than 1 meter can blow it all with "Hado Kakusei" and do 791K.

If Beardo has a SRK account he should really post this SFV Turbo idea of his and lay down the rules and roster options. Its pretty great and I'd love to see folks recording it.

If Beardo has a SRK account he should really post this SFV Turbo idea of his and lay down the rules and roster options. Its pretty great and I'd love to see folks recording it.
It would be easy to play, too, since people could just change the button config and remove A1, A2, and S.

Actually, since you'd be playing this in H&H and using the Multiple Man card, you wouldn't even need to get rid of the assist buttons.
Ah, right.

The only problem with GB's plan is that the Multiple Man card randomly boosts meter and/or power for a team at the start of the round. So, you're almost always going to be providing a random, unfair advantage for one side. It would probably work better to play the matches CvS2 style or something.

I think I might post it on SRK later.

Some Ultimate SF BNBs:

Akuma:
LMH6H xx Demon Flip L Palm, jMH xx Fireball L, jMMH xx Tatsu L, 2MH xx Tatsu H xx Beam Hyper
~600k

(corner only)6M xx Tatsu M, 2MH xx Tatsu H xx Beam Hyper
~400k

Ryu:
LMH6H xx Donkey Kick, MH6H xx Donkey Kick xx Beam Hyper
~500k

C.Viper:
LMH xx Seismo L jc Burn Kick H, MH Thunder Knuckle M xx Emergency Combination
~500k
Ah, right.

The only problem with GB's plan is that the Multiple Man card randomly boosts meter and/or power for a team at the start of the round. So, you're almost always going to be providing a random, unfair advantage for one side. It would probably work better to play the matches CvS2 style or something.

You might be right. The bigger problem is glitched parries.

Dahbomb

Idris Elba with the stirring speech.

Looks interesting although I thought the mech designs would be more Gundam or EVA style. I guess not Hollywood enough.

Also Man of Steel trailer went up, it was pretty good. Cautiously optimistic.

Also Man of Steel trailer went up, it was pretty good. Cautiously optimistic.

Although I don't like DC as much, I would do several several LABOURS OF HERACLES to get Marvel vs DC. Bats is probably the only guy I genuinely like in DC, but bashing him with Marvel dudes would be great~

Man of Steel trailer was pretty solid and I'm an unabashed Supes hater (mostly for the same reason I don't like Hulk -- too OP). Respect him but don't really like him. Iffy about Snyder helming it.

Top Bottom