• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Beats

Good games God's Beard.

Sorry, my Magneto is really bad lol. I don't play online versus much in this so it took me a bit to get used to playing. :x

GGs to Beats and Kalut!

Beats downloaded me after about 15 games and i got on a bad lose streak, so I had to make up a new team lol

Kalut... plays Zero :(

I dont have a good Magneto on point team, so I had to use my true team to make it closer to competitive matches. Straight bopped.

So for today I attempted Dirt Nap 15 times and only dropped it 3 times, which is a pretty good sign. X-23 is shaping up to be one of my better characters, I'm already about as comfortable with her as I am Wesker, but I've been deliberately avoiding Wesker lately so that's part of it. Strider is definitely my worst character on my main team, he gets opened up bad.

Also, I broke a TAC glitch!

Right now I'm at about 150 games for my main team, over 300 total since I started the challenge.

My biggest worry right now is something I already knew from warnings in the X-23 forums. Dirt Nap isn't nearly as reliable as you'd expect it to be, and the follow-up combos can be straight-up impossible at certain positions. It's something that's been bothering me a lot lately.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I never really understood how Arthur's dagger assist worked in terms of hitting him, half the time he just jumps out into the rain of fire and doesn't give a fuck tosses some daggers and leaves. I always get shocked when his ass leaves unscathed which shit goes down.

Solune

Dahbomb

Dahbomb plz tell me you have seen this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2XaALzbHow

This might make me get DMC. Looks dope
I already posted in the thread. I thought the original DmC Vergil reveal video was more impressive, this one felt very sloppy. They showed a couple more moves for Vergil but other than that nothing to get too excited for. I also don't think that Vergil is going to get new weapons aside from the ones already shown (Yamato and Summoned Swords).

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
I already posted in the thread. I thought the original DmC Vergil reveal video was more impressive, this one felt very sloppy. They showed a couple more moves for Vergil but other than that nothing to get too excited for. I also don't think that Vergil is going to get new weapons aside from the ones already shown (Yamato and Summoned Swords).

I think the game looks dope and the demo was pretty fun. Vergil looks fun. I will prolly pick it up on eBay when its cheap. I refuse to buy 60$ games (except mahvel of course).

I'll see what I can do, it all depends on if I can convert enders with tron or use the specific character to gain atleast lvl 3 with frank, and if I am even competant with said character.
I'm sure you can with Arthur.

Frank bnb, Picture, cinematic DHC -> Gold Armor, raw tag Frank, picture will get you up there.

Also, Frank West can get to level 3 solo, FYI.

Really? Highest combo I do is lvl 2 only :\
ugh I gotta hit the lab :\
Don't hit the lab and figure this stuff out, research it. I'll make it easy for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMyw3-d9ABc

Or check SRK for other ideas.

Do you use the Tron -> Frank West setup for an easy level 4? I don't think I've ever seen you do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZljqOymzYs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inT5ic6V6kc

You only hit the lab when you're already caught up with what the rest of the world has done for you.

hypernima

Banned
Don't hit the lab and figure this stuff out, research it. I'll make it easy for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMyw3-d9ABc

Or check SRK for other ideas.

Do you use the Tron -> Frank West setup for an easy level 4? I don't think I've ever seen you do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZljqOymzYs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inT5ic6V6kc

You only hit the lab when you're already caught up with what the rest of the world has done for you.

I just recently mastered it with lvl 5 setups Chun, after I finish it with Xenogears I'm going to try out arthur for a bit.

shout outs to everyone that just got some games in with me.

i was super free today, smh. free-er than usual free. choking all over the place... better luck next time for me =/

Frantic

Had a nice five day break from Marvel since playing Sasa, and now I'm back in the lab. I'm starting to adapt the down-forward wave dash motion as my normal wave dash motion. Lets me continue dashing in one direction even if I dash under someone, and gives me backwards wave dashing practice at the same time. It's also easier to cancel a dash and throw someone using the down-foward motion. My next movement based improvement is mastering the minimum height super jumps airdashes. I suck at those.

Also came up with a better Strider team combo, netting me 1 million starting from one bar. Possible room for improvement, and I need to figure out a corner variant. The one I have is midscreen only for right now, and requires Formation B at the start. Still a good combo, though.

Azure J

Had a nice five day break from Marvel since playing Sasa, and now I'm back in the lab. I'm starting to adapt the down-forward wave dash motion as my normal wave dash motion. Lets me continue dashing in one direction even if I dash under someone, and gives me backwards wave dashing practice at the same time. It's also easier to cancel a dash and throw someone using the down-foward motion. My next movement based improvement is mastering the minimum height super jumps airdashes. I suck at those.

Also came up with a better Strider team combo, netting me 1 million starting from one bar. Possible room for improvement, and I need to figure out a corner variant. The one I have is midscreen only for right now, and requires Formation B at the start. Still a good combo, though.

Hey, you're not supposed to be outsciencing me! :p

I blame the family vortex post Christmas. Haven't done much Marvel since a long set with Darksim earlier in the week. Need to look into some non-combo oriented things like setups and pressure (because you can never have a tight enough pressure game or enough setups) along with adjusting some habits I'm still losing out to. I also desperately need to work on my anchor games with all three characters. It's like you know what to do, but being put into the situation to actually do it is very very foreign at first.

Frantic

Hey, you're not supposed to be outsciencing me! :p
Bro, I am a Lab Monster. It's hard to outscience me. :p

Most of my time nowadays is spent practicing movement, setups, pressure strings, and testing situations when/how to use certain moves with Dante. Combos matter very little to me, these days. I'm all about ways to kill someone without killing them in a traditional way.

Marz

Is it just me or do Doctor Strange and Dormammu love each other. SoV is beautiful to DHC into out of Chaotic Flame or Stalking Flare and vice versa and Dorm uses both Bolts and Eye assists really well. Outside of the fact that Strange is ass they seem to have really good synergy.

Zissou

I just recently mastered it with lvl 5 setups Chun, after I finish it with Xenogears I'm going to try out arthur for a bit.

If you rock Tron/Frank/Arthur and Tron dies before you can land a combo to level up Frank, the Frank/Arthur pairing is really easy to level up Frank with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdQOu6xiymQ

Obviously if you had more meter, you could go into tools of destruction, DHC into gold armor, and then hard tag back into Frank and get level 5.

Are you up, GB?

Is it just me or do Doctor Strange and Dormammu love each other. SoV is beautiful to DHC into out of Chaotic Flame or Stalking Flare and vice versa and Dorm uses both Bolts and Eye assists really well. Outside of the fact that Strange is ass they seem to have really good synergy.
With Dr. Strange you can do s.MH + Dark Hole, Mystic Sword L, and go straight into jump loops. Dark Hole solves Dr. Strange's lack of a good blockstring.

Top Bottom