• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Two X-23 tips for you GB:
1) If you jump and Talon Attack (up-forward, I forget which input), you can call an assist from superjump height and then d+H to convert off of it. Very good mix-up tool.

2) After Crescent Scythe in your air combo, you can d+H before doing Talon Attack L for a little more damage.

You guys missed it I did that new rocket raccoon unblockable on Beef when we were playing it was so sick.

And the snap back after phantom dance. Godlike.

I'm really feeling my two teams right now.

X-23/Wesker/Magneto - Armor Piercing
X-23/Rocket Raccoon/Magneto - Anti Air

They just feel better off the bat, they make a lot of sense in terms of order of actions I need to take. I'm at 421 games for the night.

Fastest looking combos are still Magnetos IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbxFiGO2SSg&sns=em

Definitely cooler looking, but I still think Iron Man looks like he's a kid on pop rocks with all those magic series things going on.
Two X-23 tips for you GB:
1) If you jump and Talon Attack (up-forward, I forget which input), you can call an assist from superjump height and then d+H to convert off of it. Very good mix-up tool.

2) After Crescent Scythe in your air combo, you can d+H before doing Talon Attack L for a little more damage.

I forgot about that first one, thanks! And you have the 2nd one flipped around. j2H is before the Crescent Scythe H, but I deliberately don't do it because Talon attack can whiff sometimes if she gets too low.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh and Beef you're getting st. L instead of Rocket Punch cause you probably rushed it and did df, f instead.

That's usually not a problem if you have fantastic movement like I do.

Smurf is right, I gave back my friend's psn copy. Only have xbl at the time, more than enough to hold me off. Online player base is dwindling on both regardless, haha. Understandable since the game is getting "old".

I would trade a good chunk of that Tony damage for actual mobility. would even learn the hit confirms.

I'm really feeling my two teams right now.

X-23/Wesker/Magneto - Armor Piercing
X-23/Rocket Raccoon/Magneto - Anti Air

They just feel better off the bat, they make a lot of sense in terms of order of actions I need to take. I'm at 421 games for the night.
Nice game count! How does Wesker = armor piercing? You might as well just run the second team and anchor RR.

I forgot about that first one, thanks! And you have the 2nd one flipped around. j2H is before the Crescent Scythe H, but I deliberately don't do it because Talon attack can whiff sometimes if she gets too low.
Ah, you're right!

Capcom needs to toss us an update to strengthen the community :-(

please make mirage feint L fireball invincible
X-23 is awesome as-is! It looks like the game is truly dead in Capcom's eyes, unfortunately.

Nice game count! How does Wesker = armor piercing? You might as well just run the second team and anchor RR.

Wesker/Magneto is my go-to team for beating Hulks and such. X-23 actually works just as well if not better. I need to use her standing M more. 2 hits and starts up in 5 frames holy shit. Besides, I just like Wesker a lot.

With both teams, the plan is Reset with X-23 so I can get a setup off of a kill. The first team that means buff Wesker, with the second it's the Rocket Raccoon unblockable trap tech. That's one of the reasons he's second, the other being I'd rather have another teleporter backed by EMD and level 3 Magneto than put Magneto second with Log Trap. Plus, X-23 to Magneto is one of the worst DHCs imaginable.

Azure J

I'm not seeing anything, but I tuned in because you asked me to.

Woah, but the Spencer infinite...

OK, basically, what I understand of the glitch is that it enables something like MVC2 unflys. You basically do QCB+S+ATK to have the attack instantly come out with no start up after a flight mode has ended. If input during the hit stop of an aerial, you cancel the remainder of the animation and land while the opponent character is still in hit stun.

Azure J

Gonna borrow and share Maziodyne's post on this since his explanation might clear it up better or be better trusted than my glance and break down of it all:

maziodyne said:
So basically this unfly glitch lets you go into flight state, then cancel and unfly at the same time with an air normal that comes out at 1f. Makes midscreen infinites easier and Doom/Mags get to do some real scary flight setups now.

Also, Marlin's alt team is Spencer/Doom/Ammy. Spencer has a zip infinite if you put them at TAC infinite height and super jump -> zip.

sephi22

I've never done a hypergrav loop successfully in my life. I've tried. A lot. I feel that if I get it once, I'll be able to do repeat it. Could anyone help me?

Kioshen

Wavedashing and tri-dashing both require two simultaneous button presses (and in the case of plink dashing, it's even more difficult), and I honestly have no idea how anybody can do it on a vita. At least on a pad for the console version, you can map one of the extra shoulder buttons to L+M or whatever to use for dashing, but on the vita without the buttons to spare, you might be fucked.

The buttons are closer on the vita so it's pretty easy once you get used to it. I can do Doom's loop anywhere and Magnus fly bnb on vita with no macro. I have somewhat big thumbs so it might skew in my favor a bit.

I don't play online with the vita, it's mostly to toy around in training mode for me.

I'm in Canada (Quebec) and wired. I wish the netcode was better in this since I've only got two other people to play against regularly offline. In other games it never lags this much. :(

If you don't mind playing a noob at this game I'm in the PQ too. I could use the variety since I only have one training partner and he's in manitoba lol. Which platform do you play on ? Doesn't matter to me I bought this game on everything it can run on.

EDIT:

I've never done a hypergrav loop successfully in my life. I've tried. A lot. I feel that if I get it once, I'll be able to do repeat it. Could anyone help me?

http://youtu.be/BE9BIrta0n8
http://youtu.be/EjrokR_8gOI
http://youtu.be/RhbOjQs2xTw

I've done it a few times but it's still not consistent for me. Here's some tips I've collected for it :

• You can buffer the SJ cancel during the hyper grav L.
  • You shouldn't wait for the animation on HG to finish before SJing.
  • Magnus should be around health bar height before ADD~H
  • Do the second H as soon as can when landing and cancel with HG L as soon as you can too.

Hope this helps !

Top Bottom