• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

I just watched that MVC2 vid. VDO's colossus is pretty awesome. He was beating a lot of people at EVO this year.

Damn. s.H looks like Dormammu's c.M. And s.S :-O

I think Dormammu's is better though, X-23 has a hittable area running right through the middle of her sH.

I was under the impression the hit boxes for dirt nap were stand L and air L, that's what animation it is when you use it as the invincibility ends anyway. Similar range.

I figured as much, there was no way they were the normal S hitboxes. I wonder if they're 4-frames, though. Also, I didn't know Dirt Nap was a safe activation.

mr. puppy

Banned
damn i remember this time last year when we were getting hype about jago vs mike ross and all that weird fake shit. also when combo was the best marvel player. fucking weird times.

I updated the Dormammu thread today. Notable changes:
-I added a "Gameplay" section to the Matchup and Team Building parts of the thread for every character. Over time, and hopefully with the help of others, I will stockpile gameplay videos of players using various teams with/against Dormammu as a reference for people having trouble with various combinations or looking to see how a team plays in practice. Right now I have at least one gameplay sample for most characters, but some are really hard to find examples of (who uses Chun-li/Dormammu or Tron/Dormammu?!). Ideally, the videos are of good quality and feature amazing gameplay, but depending on team rarity I am comfortable with having gameplay that is simply solid.

-FingerCramp's hit/hurtbox guide was added to the Basics page.

-Added HonzoGonzo's combo compilation.

-Added a number of combos I have tested, but do not have videos for. Quality video entries are welcome so the guide can be more complete.

-Added a number of combos with videos.

-Team combo videos are now placed under the "Combos" heading in the appropriate Team Building sections.

-Removed the Vanilla Gameplay section - it still exists in the Vanilla thread for anyone who cares.

-Added a video showing Dormammu's Sentinel (or heavy?) specific combos.

-Added a few bits of videos showing synergy between Dormammu and other characters - I'm looking to expand this if anyone wants to help me out by pointing out past videos that were worth watching.

-Listed which characters can duck under Dark Matter.

-Listed which characters Dark Matter can lead to a full combo against via Dark Matter x Mass Change M.

-Listed which characters can be juggled for relaunches via Flame Carpet in corners.

-Added full combo follow-ups to Chaotic Flame (XFC) - damage unlisted for now.

-Added a full combo follow-up to 3D0C; damage unlisted for now.

In the future I plan to rewrite the Strategy section to better reflect current Dormammu gameplay concepts. It has been a while, so I'm sure plenty of things needs updating. The guide is certainly nowhere near finished, but some things really needed my attention.

Things I plan to add to the strategy section in the future:
-Blockstring guide
-Purification follow-up guide

There are also some formatting issues I want to fix in one of the sections that I will get to later...

Anybody wanna play? I'm in the mood to test some stuff.
Test what?

Says the guy who plays Morrigan/vergil/dorm/and PHX?

/bunkshakehead.gif
???

Dante users can whine for all eternity for all I care. Their character is just fine.

Besides, Capcom needs this game to die. There's never going to be support for it. So if Capcom can ensure that no one cares about Marvel a year from now when Darkstalkers 4 or Fighters of Capcom releases, it's all the better for them.

Says the guy who plays Morrigan/vergil/dorm/and PHX?

/bunkshakehead.gif

Dahbomb

Completely random: Sephiroth vs Vergil. Who wins?
The age old question of a generation.

Probably Sephiroth without Sparda sword Vergil but with Sparda sword Vergil would be more powerful. DMC would cease to exist if Vergil ever got that...

Sephiroth has a lot untapped power and is apparently never fighting at full strength. When he is seen fighting he's like Vergil in DT and can levitate, teleport and do huge slashes etc. but his control over magic/materia means he is capable of more. Vergil's ability set is pretty much set in stone, he's only been defeated by Dante (his equal technically) and Mundus a Demi god. Vergil with Sparda sword would allow his to have godlike powers like summoning, full flight, dimensional travel and sword size that would make Sephiroth's Masamune look like a toothpick.

Yeah, and Azure have you checked the OTT in UMvC3? One of the users said he downloaded the videos.

Shame. And all cause Dante isn't retarded anymore. Just wanting vanilla Dante back.

Azure J

OK, let's fucking do this.

Goku vs. Ryu
Yusuke vs. Dante
Kenshin vs. Strider

If you guys are going to go all fan fiction on me, we're going to go full hog. God's Beard & Solune, help me out with a better Jump vs Capcom theory roster to GameFAQs over. :lol

@Crimson - I heard. No need to go any further into that though.

Dahbomb

Goku vs Ryu is just lol.

Dante vs Yusuke is Dante because he's a demon killer and Yusuke has demon blood in him. That's an auto win for Dante.

Kenshin vs Strider is easily Strider because of superior technology.

Yagami Light would win against everyone in the Marvel/Capcom cast except Dark Phoenix, Dormammu and Shuma..

Kenshiro would body Haggar but lose to Hulk.

GGs TWILT. Sorry I left, I was getting really frustrated. I need to figure out this problem I keep having with DP motions online. I keep getting Gravity Squeeze turned into Shockwave and my Scythes still aren't canceling right. It makes me really mad.

451 games for the night.

GGs TWILT. Sorry I left, I was getting really frustrated. I need to figure out this problem I keep having with DP motions online. I keep getting Gravity Squeeze turned into Shockwave and my Scythes still aren't canceling right. It makes me really mad.

451 games for the night.
Want to go in a player match where you can just beat up on me and see what the problem is?

Want to go in a player match where you can just beat up on me and see what the problem is?

Nah, I already unplugged and everything for tonight. I can play again tomorrow probably, though. I think the problem is I probably swing up a little after the 3A input so when I'm offline what reads as 62[3A]6 becomes 6236A. I have to consciously remember to hold the stick into the corner of the gate when I'm online.

TWILT

Banned

451 games for the night.

Good games! No worries, I was getting a little tired myself. I liked what you were doing with X-23, and you're the first Magneto I've played online that can actually do combos! Surprised how well that connection was; we should play again sometime.

Feels good to play some Marvel again; it's been way too long. x_x

I hate losing to Dante with Wesker, Master Lord Dante or not. I prided myself on that matchup in Vanilla, but I've been neglecting Wesker for my theory fighting until recently. I'm slowly learning X-23 and Wesker's coming back, but until then it's heavily weighted towards my Magneto.

I couldn't believe you did a Dante combo online, though. That was pretty cool.

Oh, and the damn Gravity Squeeze glitch screwed me over in one of those games.

Azure J

ibstHGa0Wm0U1j.gif

This is going to see a lot of usage.

Riposte

You guys are silly. If Ryu was in the DBZ universe, his obsession with improving his martial arts would give him an trajectory of growth that would put him above at least Krillin as the strongest human. He'd probably have entered every single budokai and had a bunch of run-ins with Goku to be inspired.

This is why "vs" stuff is so stupid. What a thing is is entirely dependent on the laws of physics in that thing's universe.

The worst thing that ever happened in DBZ was when Buu didn't die from Vegeta blowing himself up. That really made me upset. The whole Buu arc was about Vegeta and he didn't even get to end it himself.

Zissou

Cell Saga had some cool shit.

I can admit that, but narratively I think ending with Frieza's death would've been the best way to go and would've given a great sense of closure. I stopped watching mid-way through the Buu saga because even when I was a kid, I realized the series had gone to shit somewhere along the line.

Top Bottom