• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Dahbomb

I can admit that, but narratively I think ending with Frieza's death would've been the best way to go and would've given a great sense of closure. I stopped watching mid-way through the Buu saga because even when I was a kid, I realized the series had gone to shit somewhere along the line.
Buu saga was good during the "Majin" phase but everything after that was pure shit. Actually Goku going SSJ3 was epic but aside that... shit.

Nert

I can admit that, but narratively I think ending with Frieza's death would've been the best way to go and would've given a great sense of closure. I stopped watching mid-way through the Buu saga because even when I was a kid, I realized the series had gone to shit somewhere along the line.

Gohan becoming the strongest person around in a "passing of the torch" moment at the end of the Cell Saga would have worked as the ending for me, too. It would especially serve to close the loop of Gohan always having this hidden potential throughout the series that was waiting to be unlocked, and it would make it seem like there was hope for people if Goku wasn't around to save them repeatedly. But then you have Buu and GT (shudder), where Goku has to win every single time...

No he's always been top tier. It's just the title of the video. Also is the dante rainstorm double crossup tech that I posted old or do you guys just not care?

No he's always been top tier. It's just the title of the video. Also is the dante rainstorm double crossup tech that I posted old or do you guys just not care?
I honestly just skip Dante stuff because I'm tired of seeing all the bullshit he can do, especially with how much whining I hear about him all the time. Waaah waaah my damage is bad when I start combos with Cold Shower into Prop Shredder. Waaaaaah waaaaaaaah I lose to Wolverine when his claws are up my ass just like every other character in the game. Waaaaaaaaaaah he's not Vergil!

I honestly just skip Dante stuff because I'm tired of seeing all the bullshit he can do, especially with how much whining I hear about him all the time. Waaah waaah my damage is bad when I start combos with Cold Shower into Prop Shredder. Waaaaaah waaaaaaaah I lose to Wolverine when his claws are up my ass just like every other character in the game. Waaaaaaaaaaah he's not Vergil!

Bu .. Bu.. Bu.... But yipes said he'll never win a tourney again

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Is there really a lot of whining about Dante? I feel like those who feel like he's too weak at this point (almost everyone) has moved onto Vergil and stopped talking about him. Others see his potential, strengths, love the character and will continue to use him.

I can see why Yipes is frustrated. He wants to use on-point Dante, but he gets overshadowed by the other derpier top tiers.

Beats

GGs God's Beard. Disconnects were random. :(

I think I'm gonna stick with Akuma/Doom(Beam)/Strider(Vajra) for my point Akuma team.

For all you TAC fans:

doomdancewgju6.gif

I've got a little less than 30 minutes before I leave to my friend's place for New Year's. Anyone wanna play a couple games of Marvel during this time frame?

Got smushed by smurf, piped his way to a perfect to end it. Hella funny when Hagneto just smacks you with it and the letters pop up haha.

Azure J

Got smushed by smurf, piped his way to a perfect to end it. Hella funny when Hagneto just smacks you with it and the letters pop up haha.

I will admit that I can never be salty when Haggar goes in while I'm on the receiving end just because it's funny as fuck watching him go. Fuck Hawkeye/Task though. :lol

I ain't gonna lie, Haggar makes me salty as fuck. I can't be the only one.
One of the most annoying characters to face because all Haggar players ever do is jump and block toward Dormammu, and with his health it takes forever to chip him down. It's just so goddamn boring, especially since it's not worth burning meter on Stalking Flare against him.

Then again, there aren't many characters that aren't "one of the most annoying" to me. This whole game is filled with jerks and cheap stuff! The only comforting thing is when an opponent has a poorly constructed team.

Frantic

I hate playing Haggar, Hulk/Sent, and Nova the most. Even though I've gotten good in those matchups, I still hate playing them, because they're just completely linear in their playstyle and when they get their single hit after repeating it 100 times, I die.

I also hate playing shitty Vergils more than I hate playing good Vergils. They always do something really stupid that gets me hit, and I just hate myself for getting hit by it.

Hey it is not fault Hulks best opener/defensive tool/gap closer/combo extender are mapped to one button. FEAR THE H! Just wait till Hulks start charging his punch. Then eh gets meter positive combos that kill 95% of the cast with one meter.

But alas, hasn't happened yet.

Zissou

Hulk salt doesn't compare to Haggar salt. Haggar gets nine full years to convert into a combo off of a pipe hit. I can trade Doom footdive with Haggar pipe, and then my assist hits Haggar, and then he still can stand up, take his time, and then ToD me. Fuck that.

Hulk is definitely more infuriating than Haggar because I can predict Haggar's movement. Hulk got a particular buff that made him much more difficult to deal with, and Dormammu got one particular nerf that made Hulk more difficult to deal with. The buff was Hulk gaining armor on Gamma Charge, and the nerf was Flame Carpet disappearing on hit. It's a huge risk to place Flame Carpet against Hulk now unless I'm full-screen away. Plus he's immune to Chaotic Flame and Stalking Flare, so the battle is like the Haggar matchup, but much more dangerous and I can't use some of my tools. Hulk tends to be easier to handle in practice, though, because Hulk players are often impatient and do dumb things, while Haggar players are always patient because that's the only way they can be.

Going on now if anyone wants to play. Also, I just realized that my best team has two OTG assists. I feel like all my theory fighting has gone to waste haha. But I'm having more fun now.

edit: I'll be on in half an hour or so actually.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Going on now if anyone wants to play. Also, I just realized that my best team has two OTG assists. I feel like all my theory fighting has gone to waste haha. But I'm having more fun now.

edit: I'll be on in half an hour or so actually.

Toss me an invite when you jump on

Top Bottom