• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

I'll only invite you if you actually play, sorry. Lobbies with two people playing is...

Going on now.
It's cool, I understand. I just ask, I don't expect. I could invite more than two if you want it to be bigger. ;-) Two good players from my friends list are on (one mains Tron Bonne).

Edit: And Sayah and Biz were on 10 minutes ago!

Sayah

It's cool, I understand. I just ask, I don't expect. I could invite more than two if you want it to be bigger. ;-) Two good players from my friends list are on (one mains Tron Bonne).

Edit: And Sayah and Biz were on 10 minutes ago!

In that case, I'll feel bad not playing. I'll be on for some time. Whoever's hosting, please invite meh.
PSN: roXen91

I don't eat many shields with my main team, but the random select stuff was pretty bad. Especially Wesker/Shuma/Thor.

I did kill Cap with Shuma that one time!

edit: oh, shields, I thought you meant charging star for a second. You and panda have very different Cap styles.

That last tridash of the gods to try and stop Arthur's level 3 happened in slow motion. I was like a helicopter pilot trying to pull up with a broken engine.

"MOVE DAMN YOUuuuuuuu"

We need a tournament for the new year to set everything straight. Something that can be done in a month, like 8-16 players on each console, double elimination FT5.

We need a tournament for the new year to set everything straight. Something that can be done in a month, like 8-16 players on each console, double elimination FT5.
Set it up and I'm in.

If Vice's 14 day gold works, I'm in. I got so rusty not playing this for a week. I was getting mauled by my yolo (excuse my French, but it's just too apt) ass brother again and the salt was palpable.
I thought you were taking a break. ;-)

Azure J

If Vice's 14 day gold works, I'm in. I got so rusty not playing this for a week. I was getting mauled by my yolo (excuse my French, but it's just too apt) ass brother again and the salt was palpable.

Beats

GGs TWILT. Connection was surprisingly good. I need to practice my combos though.

I thought that would have gone horribly, but I guess it wasn't too bad heh. Your Dante is really good and that incoming mix up gets me too often :(.

TWILT

Banned
GGs TWILT. I need to practice my combos.

I thought that would have gone horribly, but I guess it wasn't too bad heh. Your Dante is really good and that incoming mix up gets me too often :(.

Good games! You have a really solid Akuma, and a nice Magneto (who I can't block against at all haha). I thought it went pretty even for the most part. Also, yeah we have a pretty good connection; I usually have no problems playing against other Canadians. Fun matches all the same.

Happy New Year everyone!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
GGs to Azure Jericho and Emperor Bohe! The lag was all over the place at times, though, and I missed approximately a gajillion bold cancels.

Azure J

GGs to Azure Jericho and Emperor Bohe! The lag was a little finicky unfortunately and I missed a gajillion bold cancels, but GGs nonetheless.

If you missed a gajillion things, imagine how many I did throughout those matches... GGs to you and Bohe. XBL is acting up and now I'm tired as hell, so I'll be off. Critiques wanted. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ok jumping on now,

And LOL at that zero video, that goes to show you how much people don't experiment and just copy pasta shit.

FSLink

Banned
Dear jesus. I've seen that Lightning Loop variation before and saw it did more damage but I never realized it was that easy. Gonna have to learn this.

Dahbomb

Ok jumping on now,

And LOL at that zero video, that goes to show you how much people don't experiment and just copy pasta shit.
Why would you need to experiment with Zero combos? His BnB kills every character in the game from just about any hit confirm even throws (using just one assist). He is overkill already as it is.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why would you need to experiment with Zero combos? His BnB kills every character in the game from just about any hit confirm even throws (using just one assist). He is overkill already as it is.

And this attitude is why tech never gets uncovered.

Dahbomb

And this attitude is why tech never gets uncovered.
Tech is always being discovered in the game though. I just think lab time should be better spent on other characters and other facets of the game rather than just "hey check out this new combo I figured out that kills enemies faster and builds more meter... New TECH!"

And this isn't "new" tech either... it's just a combo variation. New tech is like that input nullification glitch.

you mind if add some of you on the xbox side

mahvel gaf rejected my friend request so i have to stalk you folks

Tangent: played rogueyoshi yesterday, man does he have a really good dante and strange.

i'm also very free so don't take anything I say as knowledgeable lol

Dahbomb

Why would Zero players care about that?
They should find more ways to maintain pressure, find more ways to open someone up in a high/low situations (ie. fuzzy guards) and find more uses/tech with Sogenmu both on point and as an assist. Hell they can also iron out more team synergies and try out crossover counter tech with Zero on 2nd (CC Ryuejin into Sogenmu is a TOD).

Also Zero players should start getting better with their other characters especially their Dante's if they want a chance at winning tournaments. Too many 1 player/character Zero's out there.

DR2K

Banned
For as dumb as Zero is, he isn't picked a lot because there are other characters who can do what he does for a lot less execution.

Top Bottom