• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Dahbomb

Iron Man and Spider man are bother underrated.

Discuss.
Depends upon what the general community rates them at.

Most people think IM is low ass garbage tier (bottom 10) and that is definitely a case ofunderrating the character. Mid to lower end of mid is where IM really belongs in this game and he's really only mid tier because of his support value on the team (2 good assists plus the ability to infinite from most TAC situations). IM has very good match ups against the lesser characters in the game, very good damage, decent tools/mobility and has some of the best aerial confirms in the game. There are people who think he is High tier and that Repulsar Blast is some SSS tier assist when that is also not the case... that is overrating the character. IM also is in the shadow of Doom/Magneto always so he will never seen himself make it in the meta game.

I think most people consider Spider Man to be around mid tier. I think just like Jill and some other characters the fact that Spider Man has abysmal support value while also being a hard to use character really holds him back. As a point character he is pretty damn good but he's not derp enough. I see him as somewhere in the high tier probably towards the lower side of it. I think psychologically people pair him with Spencer a lot but they are not similar enough to make that comparison. They have a zip move and that's all the similarity they have.

I will add another character to the mix... Chun Li. I have seen people put her in bottom 5 and I don't think she's bottom 5. She has some solid tools especially against rushdown characters plus the ability to get full combos off of air throws and ground throws solo really upped her point game. I think she is somewhere between Mid tier and Low tier.

GooeyHeat

I will add another character to the mix... Chun Li. I have seen people put her in bottom 5 and I don't think she's bottom 5. She has some solid tools especially against rushdown characters plus the ability to get full combos off of air throws and ground throws solo really upped her point game. I think she is somewhere between Mid tier and Low tier.

The main problem with Chun-Li is that her damage is approximately equal to John Belushi's GPA in Animal House.

Dahbomb

There is no T-rex Vergil in DmC.

so-much-win-starcraft-reaction.gif

shaowebb

That Ultimate SF FT10 is amazing. That's the most honest Marvel 3 I have ever seen.

Thats kind of why I fell out of Marvel in addition to all the college and animation work. There wasn't enough stuff like that FT10 going on and I am a dedicated Iron Fist player meaning I'd have to be the only honest player in a world of cut throats. Its like putting a kick me sign on your balls.

Its why I switched out for KoF XIII. I love to watch Marvel every now and then and poke it occassionally and see what you guys are up to with the endless pursuit of the most broken combinations possible, but KoF XIII just sort of always feels like that FT10 and thats more or less what I dig. Still fun, but I just stopped taking it serious.

Yah I got two wins!!!
Join the new lobby!

Edit: Good, we have everyone but Slasher. Time to spam him with invites until he concedes or logs off. ^_^

SEPHI!!!

If you are getting DmC please post here. You might get it first so we want to get info from a legit user first. Lots of crazy leaks everywhere concerning the game, most of it is unsubstantiated.
I know that
time travel is involved and old Dante and new Dante team up
, and that's all I need to know to rofl my way to the grave.

Dahbomb

SEPHI!!!

If you are getting DmC please post here. You might get it first so we want to get info from a legit user first. Lots of crazy leaks everywhere concerning the game, most of it is unsubstantiated.

Advice for Master Milk:

Phoenix attack/blockstring: c.LMH; don't go into the standing moves unless you're in a combo.

Dormammu attack/blockstring: c.LH, df.H; if an opponent is coming at you from the air, s.M or c.M straight into launcher unless it's blocked, then Flame Carpet (df.H). Don't use s.H in combos unless you know what you are doing, it's a funky move.

Don't ever jump up-back with Dormammu or Phoenix. Superjump, fly, and then take care of business, or crouch. Up-back is suicide, especially for Dormammu.

When you hit with some hypers, mashing attack buttons causes them to do more damage. Example: Chaotic Flame.

Yea sorry for the gaps of pauses. I couldn't stay for much longer anyway. I was really kinda tinkering with my new capture card and testing it out.

Kevo you don't suck. Hell for the most part you were nailing your combo's consistently and doing the things I think your characters should be doing. I don't know maybe Karsticles could offer more constructive criticism. I felt my Wright does fairly well against Spencer so I wasn't too terrified at start. If I don't feel terrified at the start of the match I am generally feel good about the match up. The only thing I knew was that Hulk should never go up against Spencer. Wire grapple beats everything Hulk has except Gamma Crush and those lead to full combos. The only time Hulk can get a hit on him is if you whiff a wire grapple or I get a lucky air throw.

onionfrog

Yea sorry for the gaps of pauses. I couldn't stay for much longer anyway. I was really kinda tinkering with my new capture card and testing it out.
We only played two games earlier but good games slasher. I remembered to command grab through maya shield, but i messed up comboing after the grab 90% of the time. Also damn you were breaking all my attempted air grabs. Did you happen to get any footage of those few games we did play?

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the footage from the GAF lobby you guys set up after I left either if you've recorded it.

EDIT:
Please pick Bonne Wonderland against me.
The best stage!

hypernima

Banned
What are all the training mode shortcuts? Sometimes I do some on mistake for switching who goes on point for the opposite team.

What are all the training mode shortcuts? Sometimes I do some on mistake for switching who goes on point for the opposite team.
Select + Start = start over.
A1 + Select + Start = start over with A1 on point.
Select + Start + Hold direction = start over in the corner you held toward.

slowly but surely, i guess i'm learning lol

i might also reconsider phoenix on point sooner than i was planning on it

there are probably easier characters to learn the game with

slowly but surely, i guess i'm learning lol

i might also reconsider phoenix on point sooner than i was planning on it

there are probably easier characters to learn the game with
Considering that point Phoenix is the hardest thing in the game to win with, there are probably easier options. ;-)

I think you spend a lot of time holding back in the game. Be more aggressive.

TWILT

Banned
Good games to everyone in the lobby. I'm gonna take a break from Vergil and Strider the next time I play; think I've developed some bad habits with those two lol.

Top Bottom