• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

JeTmAn81

Man, I am so glad I learned how to plink dash. I wouldn't get anywhere if I still had to rely on standard backwards wave dashing. Feels clunky as hell. :lol

Do you do it with a macro button for MH or just the regular way? I find the regular way really difficult.

hey killa would you say my haggar has improved from the other times we played? i've really been trying to work on my mobility and pressure.

Yeah I would say so. Better pressure/traps/unpredictability with him, and now I can't remember the last time you didn't kill off a touch when you have assists. Good stuff.

Frantic

Strange + Jam Session can make my fraud ass Strange look godlike. The amount of corner pressure he gets with it is crazy.

Now, if only I didn't drop every single combo with him...

Man, I am so glad I learned how to plink dash. I wouldn't get anywhere if I still had to rely on standard backwards wave dashing. Feels clunky as hell. :lol
I can't plink dash to save my life, so backwards wave dashing for me. Even if I could plink dash, I probably wouldn't use it as much. I prefer wavedashing since I'm controlling the stops manually, so if I need to stop it's an immediate decision. Definitely not as smooth as plink dashing, though. *shrug*

ugggh I've been messing with too many teams, I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix
X-23/Wesker/Magneto
X-23/Wolverine/Doom
X-23/Raccoon/Magneto
Magneto/Morrigan/Phoenix
Magneto/Dormammu/Morrigan
Thor/Wesker/Strange
Magneto/Sentinel/Raccoon
Magneto/Haggar/Raccoon

Zissou

I really wish Storm was better. I LOVE her DHC/THC stuff, but she's so lacking in damage, useful special moves, and assists that it's tough for me to justify trying to get better with her or putting her on a team.

I really wish Storm was better. I LOVE her DHC/THC stuff, but she's so lacking in damage, useful special moves, and assists that it's tough for me to justify trying to get better with her or putting her on a team.

Yea I only use her on my screw around teams. =( I really like Storm too. Bad enough bad damage, but can't give her a useful assist either....

Yea I only use her on my screw around teams. =( I really like Storm too. Bad enough bad damage, but can't give her a useful assist either....

It really wouldn't even be that bad if she could build meter either.

She has speed and Ice Storm on her side. Needs that SJ float back.

That said, when I played against Fanatiq's Storm, he made me realize just *how* insanely fast she is. And her launcher is serious. Not enough cheap stuff for her legacy/being a LEVEL 5 MUTANT/other X-gahbage.

Yeah that's such a time sink. The reason I'm hesitant on platinuming this isn't because of that but because of the trial mode..

The worst part is that a lot of the more difficult trials are really impractical in a real match. Half of them are hard to string together combo's that in actuality smaller easier well thought out combo's will do more damage anyway or at the very least do the same with much less finesse.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hey chaps, happy 2013.

I just got a Vita and UMvC3. Loving it.

Played vanilla a bunch, but I was never that great and obviously getting used to the ergonomics of this new system is taking some time.

IIRC cross-platform play is possible, so if any one on PSN fancies some (potentially very scrubby) games, sling an invite to B-Genius. Bear in mind that I live in Japan, albeit with awesome internet.

Trying to work Nova and Iron Man into a team... not sure what to do with myself other than keep training and enjoying it, so cheers!

Azure J

Do you do it with a macro button for MH or just the regular way? I find the regular way really difficult.
Regular all the way, I already play Viper, there's no way I can add another set of buttons to press while staying calm in this game. :lol

I can't plink dash to save my life, so backwards wave dashing for me. Even if I could plink dash, I probably wouldn't use it as much. I prefer wavedashing since I'm controlling the stops manually, so if I need to stop it's an immediate decision. Definitely not as smooth as plink dashing, though. *shrug*

Doesn't stop you from being the only one to catch and consistently contain my characters when necessary though. :p

Dahbomb

Fuck it I am having a DmC meltdown.

Give me that DmC avatar, I am throwing in the towel.

The dream is dead, I can't believe anymore, Sephi is a god, I am fucking ass etc

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
jbdJtg0qeOKtmN.jpg

shaowebb

I stopped working on that because I got side tracked by Dota 2 and DmC. Although this week I have a good amount of free time to work on it.... IF I am not salty already.

If it makes you feel better the last time I played Dota 2 I was the Crystal Maiden and someone on my team played her sister (the fire lady). Those are both support only characters so we went to guard northwest...after about 2 minutes we notice no one else was coming. They were all trying to push by themselves in different areas. Not even grinding for gold, levels or denying. Trying to push like it was Starcraft or something.

By minute 5 they had all stopped playing and were just doing nothing.

By minute six this happened.

Me" IM OUT OF MANA!"
Other support character who was made of tissue " ME TOO!!! O_O"

Me"..."
Me"It has been an honor serving with you."

By minute 8 we had lost.

Remember it can always be worse Dahbomb. You could get paired like we did with 3 folks who do nothing and then give up against a team with 3 really good pushers with support.

1:57 - did Spencer and Rocket Raccoon just become BFFs? They were already an amazing pairing since Spitfire isn't a true blockstring and Spencer has command grabs, and Spencer was one of the best characters for setting up the RR unblockable (Boulder Trap, tag Spencer, use the overhead on incoming), but now Rocket Raccoon gives Spencer full combos off of Bionic Arm, too?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0UOrdUR_Ko

Actually some endings were edited and some changed IIRC. Minority, yes, but stuff changed.
No one even remembers what endings changed. Such a waste of development time.

ugggh I've been messing with too many teams, I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix
X-23/Wesker/Magneto
X-23/Wolverine/Doom
X-23/Raccoon/Magneto
Magneto/Morrigan/Phoenix
Magneto/Dormammu/Morrigan
Thor/Wesker/Strange
Magneto/Sentinel/Raccoon
Magneto/Haggar/Raccoon
Is the urge to train rising?

She has the best DHC in the game, so it needs to be about that. You need a point character with an aerial hyper with quick startup to maximize her potential (Hawkeye, Magneto, Doom, Akuma, Ryu, Thor, Strange, Wolverine, etc.). The third character on the team should be something that she can DHC into so Ice Storm kills the assist so you can save X-Factor. Otherwise you're burning XF1 to kill two and you're asking for that XF3 comeback. It needs to be a high assist damage hyper like Million Dollars or a beam. This is why, IMO, Magneto/Storm/Doom is not a great team. It's a good team, but not great, because Doom is not going to do anything off of an Ice Storm DHC. He could be a good point character, but not the anchor.

Good Storm teams I would try:
Hawkeye/Storm/Dante
Hawkeye/Storm/Akuma
Magneto/Storm/Sentinel (of course)
Thor/Storm/Dr. Strange
Ryu/Storm/Sentinel
Doom/Storm/Sentinel (Dios X team is very good IMO)
Taskmaster/Storm/Iron Man
Deadpool/Storm/Akuma
Firebrand/Storm/Dr. Strange (Storm gives Firebrand unblockables)
Trish/Storm/Amaterasu (Cold Star good for both, Okami Shuffle does so-so damage)

You could try point Skrull or Nova, since they have aerial hypers that are reasonably fast too.

The worst part is that a lot of the more difficult trials are really impractical in a real match. Half of them are hard to string together combo's that in actuality smaller easier well thought out combo's will do more damage anyway or at the very least do the same with much less finesse.
I spent like 5 hours trying to do a Dormammu combo using Chris's land mine in Vanilla at launch. What a POS.

Storm/Morrigan/Doom

Cheese out with Harmonizer and ice storm chip.
I am not a fan of this.
I am a huge fan of your avatar.

Those 3 guys picked support so are automatically better than most of people you see in MM.
I played everything in DotA. It was all about what I felt like. Though I was an S tier sniper with Invoker, so if he was available I went with that. Earthshaker, Zeus, I love em'. I'm not great at playing a carry, I tend to flourish as support and ganking. I tend to love playing Lich just because he doesn't really suffer from a lack of items so I can ward up. With ES I need to get that Blink Dagger ASAP to win the game.

The only characters I 100% sucked with were Chen (too much micro...) and Spectre (who was my favorite character, but I was just so goddamn bad with her for some reason). I've even gone beyond godlike with bad characters like Phantom Assassin, but not Spectre. -_-

anyone have any tips on how to do air S after ryu's shinku hadoken in the corner? I can't seem to link it... RayRay has been doing it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLAy_RyKW98 (after the second shinku)
It's extremely sensitive...that's all the advice I have. Maybe ask on SRK? I don't think we have any Ryu gurus here.

1:57 - did Spencer and Rocket Raccoon just become BFFs? They were already an amazing pairing since Spitfire isn't a true blockstring and Spencer has command grabs, and Spencer was one of the best characters for setting up the RR unblockable (Boulder Trap, tag Spencer, use the overhead on incoming), but now Rocket Raccoon gives Spencer full combos off of Bionic Arm, too?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0UOrdUR_Ko

If that's new it feels like it really shouldn't be honestly. Spring trap is pretty much made for DHC->raw tag combos, I've been doing it forever with Frank.

Kioshen

Sorry Karst I didn't expect to get any calls today but still ggs. Funny how things work, now it's Nova that's doing all the work *shrug*. I kept missing the javelin sj cancel in the corner to get an ambiguous mix up which is why I kept doing S right after launching you. I also need to check what I need to do to relaunch if I'm too close when air grabbing with him.

Lots of things that I need to iron out with some lab time but I did pretty well considering the small amount of time I tried him out.

Edit: I'll need to look around for those enders extensions with Doom and Sent for Nova. I cry a little inside when your characters slip out like that with a sliver of health left.

Anyone have the notations for the Fotf loop for Strange? I need a new training mode character.

And no I'm not going to dig through SRK's UMVC3 section for it. Oh and what is Storm's best solo BnB?

There are a few ways to do the FotF loop. theres a video posted by maziodyne on a nice combo that gives you proper spacing. If you're looking to do just the loop itself, on a tallish character you can do st.L st.M st.H dp.L fwd.H (IP) S (as you super jump notice how strange spins or twirls in his animation) once he does the full spin you'll do IP cancel qcb.H IP ...fall until you land and then IP S

you want to aim the IP at the opponents feet, but on some character IP will hit them if its higher or lower.

If you're on xbox live, I can definitely show you how to do it (the simple version that is).

Timing is strict but it can forgiving depending on how sloppy your inputs are otherwise spacing is the most important. I could be wrong this, but I think you can always do FoF loop when you're in the corner and your combo involves st.H since it gives you proper spacing to launch and go into the loop.

THAT IS THE ONE THING I KNOW I HOW TO DO IN THIS GAME LOL. I need to learn plink wave dashing...any teachers?

Top Bottom