• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Please nerf Vergil and give Dorm more buffs. Same for Magneto. Also: Give Strange flight mode. And nerf Zero/Viper. Also increase Hulk's damage and give Thor Magneto's vanilla airdash.

Thanks.

Dahbomb

Da Fuk @ Magneto buffs.

Increase Hulk's damage? 1 million damage BnB not enough?

The Marvel bias in that post is high. Only Capcom characters getting nerfs in that post.

Well.... Morrigan gains better durability fireballs and can combo after her pillar hyper. There. And real Ko gets put in the game. Arthur gains the ability to renew his armor and amount of projectiles drastically increased. There.

Dahbomb

We are now in the wishlist portion of the Marvel thread.

FULL CIRCLE OF POETRY!

Next part in the circle is a theorycraft essay...lulz

Frantic

Capcom, plz leave Dante alone if you release a patch. He's fine the way he is. Thank you.

If you decide to change anything, please be buffs.

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
You know DahBomb, if we ever met I'd think we get along just fine. Within my community, I talk about Iron Man so much I've been told to shut up multiple times.

The changes you suggested would fix him and make him a good character.

Azure J

Capcom, plz leave Dante alone if you release a patch. He's fine the way he is. Thank you.

If you decide to change anything, please be buffs.

I feel like asking for buffs as a Dante player is like asking for Ribs and Mashed Potatoes in front of starving children. It's only a matter of time before Smurf comes in here and explodes. :p

I can has Vanilla hitstun back pls? Minus Acid Rain because that was legitimately dumb. :lol

Also nerf the fuck out of Mr. 70% of the screen normals please.

Solune

I feel like asking for buffs as a Dante player is like asking for Ribs and Mashed Potatoes in front of starving children. It's only a matter of time before Smurf comes in here and explodes. :p

I can has Vanilla hitstun back pls? Minus Acid Rain because that was legitimately dumb. :lol

Also nerf the fuck out of Mr. 70% of the screen normals please.
I don't think it's unfair to ask for Dante changes. His damage nerf is whatever. The real thing that upsets me is the knockback on his normals. If they reversed those back to Vanilla, damage nerfs stay, I think Dante would be back in business.
I'm thinking that should I ever decide to make a fighter, I'm going to look at Vampire Saviour for a few ideas. Two of which I was playing with in an old concept of mine were "Dark Forces" that changed how specials (and certain special based assists) worked in real time.
I think new games coming out don't utilize systems from previous games nearly enough. And I don't just mean fighting games. We haven't seen a legit sequel to Secret of Mana since Legend of Mana. Essentially that type of game is dead, but there's always a clamoring for a remake of SoM or a version with online capabilities. Why hasn't any developer taken the formula and refined it further?
Ex: The player triggers it with point character a la X-Factor for some meter and their specials would get different variations or extra effects based on the "theme" of the character. For example, let's say generic fire dude does it, his fire might get stronger or he might get moves that knockdown harder or explode for wall bounces where before they were lesser things to deal with. Similarly, should the moves you chose for assists on your second and anchor have a "modifier" attribute, aspects of how their assists work would also change to the primary theme going on in the point character's Dark Force.
This sounds like Unlimited Versions of characters in BB or Ragna's Blood Kain state, though they are completely broken in BB, it would be interesting if the concept was modified and refined for competitive play.
The other idea I was thinking about was a Dark Force clash mechanic where another player could either dispel, equalize, or overpower the other's presence activation with their own. This is all on top of a few ideas I had regarding emphasizing team combinations by making specific THC that were actual Team setups like one person doing something that aids another's final strike. Think like some teamwork in anime or the like. :p
That sounds interesting, though I'm not really a fan of clashing myself unless its like Soul Calibur or Budokai. TBH I miss unique team setups like from XvSF where doing a team super with Ryu + Ken = Double Shinkuu when Ken doesn't have access to that normally. The type of system you mention at the end sounds not unlike Valkyrie Profile or Tales of or even Super Robot Taisen OG.
I should really get around to building my game concepts some more.
It's very time consuming, that's for sure.

Frantic

The only thing I'd really want nerfed about Dante is him being able to bold cancel on whiff.
I'd be fine with that, I suppose, though I'd prefer if they just removed his ability to block on the prejump frames. I like being able to maintain offense even if I whiff a normal after a pushblock. :x

I don't think it's unfair to ask for Dante changes. His damage nerf is whatever. The real thing that upsets me is the knockback on his normals. If they reversed those back to Vanilla, damage nerfs stay, I think Dante would be back in business.
Eh, I don't mind the knockback on his grounded normals that much. It's the pushback on his air normals that bothers me, but not something that I consider to be a huge game changer, just an inconvenience at best.

Now if Dante got his vanilla s.L back, that'd be pretty big for him.

I'd be fine with that, I suppose, though I'd prefer if they just removed his ability to block on the prejump frames. I like being able to maintain offense even if I whiff a normal after a pushblock. :x
Well, he normally can't execute specials for the first 16 frames after bold canceling a whiff. So, I'd be okay with that, too. It just pisses me off that Dante is basically immune to Chaotic Flame.

Solune

Eh, I don't mind the knockback on his grounded normals that much. It's the pushback on his air normals that bothers me, but not something that I consider to be a huge game changer, just an inconvenience at best.

Now if Dante got his vanilla s.L back, that'd be pretty big for him.

I meant his normals in general but yah, his changes are regrettable but acceptable. I think it's ridiculous that a basic relaunch combo will whiff outside of the corner, mainly because Dante hitconfirms are all over the place and it would be nice to have something reliable.

mr. puppy

Banned
does anybody else not want Capcom to get even close to this game? SF4: AE was a complete fucking mess after a pretty good update with ssf4. I have absolutely zero faith in Capcom not completely fucking this up.

Dahbomb

does anybody else not want Capcom to get even close to this game? SF4: AE was a complete fucking mess after a pretty good update with ssf4. I have absolutely zero faith in Capcom not completely fucking this up.
AE was intentional and they did a lot right with AE 2012, which is what this should be.

I'll believe it when I see it.

So what does Seth have foreknowledge of a UMvC3 v2013 or something? The same nerfs FChamp was talking about to Zero, Doom, etc.?

Still don't believe any of it.
Berieve it.

mr. puppy

Banned
AE was intentional and they did a lot right with AE 2012, which is what this should be.

I'm aware. And I have no faith in Capcom to do something even remotely competent so we'll probably end up back in the age of Dark Phoenix.

In fact, I will guarantee you that is going to happen. Capcom is going to fuck up the patch completely, overpower Phoenix, and we'll be back to Vanilla.

I'm not even playing at this point so I wouldn't mind an update if it meant a roster expansion, a UI change and the addition of some more stages. I'd feel bad for the folks who play the game if Capcom fudges it up, but something is better than nothing in my case. Mahvel was all I had for the longest time. Now all I have left are two "dead" games and Accent Core+...

Dahbomb

Phoenix isn't going to get over powered however I don't discount the possibility that some other top tier becomes OP. I am looking at Viper right now because if Zero nerfs are coming she is going to be the best character in the game. Or they could nerf them both and buff Vergil by letting him cancel whiffed normals.

Also I doubt this would be an expansion, a balance patch at most. What I want them to do is at least put the full intro in the game...

mr. puppy

Banned
Phoenix isn't going to get over powered however I don't discount the possibility that some other top tier becomes OP. I am looking at Viper right now because if Zero nerfs are coming she is going to be the best character in the game. Or they could nerf them both and buff Vergil by letting him cancel whiffed normals.

Also I doubt this would be an expansion, a balance patch at most. What I want them to do is at least put the full intro in the game...

you are giving them way too much credit. they're going to completely fuck it up.

you know whats most likely actually? they give Firebrand a ton of damage and he becomes the best character in the game.

Tirael

If they do a balance patch, I hope it's mostly minor stuff so that they don't have the possibility of fucking it up.

A lot of people crucified Capcom for releasing disc-based expansions, complaining about having to purchase another disc when they already bought the game. What do you guys think? I honestly don't mind buying another disc, because that makes things extremely convenient. Like with SSFIV: AE, all anyone has to do, including tournament organizers, is download the 2012 patch, and they're completely up to date. (Marvel's even easier.) And all characters are available from the get-go. This is also helpful for my local Battle League.

Much better alternative to buying DLC.

Dahbomb

If they do a balance patch, I hope it's mostly minor stuff so that they don't have the possibility of fucking it up.

A lot of people crucified Capcom for releasing disc-based expansions, complaining about having to purchase another disc when they already bought the game. What do you guys think? I honestly don't mind buying another disc, because that makes things extremely convenient. Like with SSFIV: AE, all anyone has to do, including tournament organizers, is download the 2012 patch, and they're completely up to date. (Marvel's even easier.) And all characters are available from the get-go. This is also helpful for my local Battle League.

Much better alternative to buying DLC.
I would buy a new disc Marvel if it has the content. Marginal patch changes especially just balance changes are better off as a patch.

Getting online now. Looking for an opponent that wants 50+ matches so I can play with team combinations.

I don't play SFIV, but every single person I talk to says AE was a big fix from SSFIV.

Can't play at work man =(, Karst said his Marvel day would be Fridays though.
Yeah, but I want to PLAY the game.

Top Bottom