• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

GGs Gods_Beard. I admit that when I happy birthday'd you the third time with Dormammu at the start of the round, I was laughing so hard I could barely finish my combo. I hope me picking my own Thor team against you didn't offend...

703 games, GGs to Karst. Thanks for letting me mess around with characters I don't know how to use lol

I can't believe you taunted me though :-(
LOL, I only taunted you because I put Flame Carpet down and stood there while you tried to jump over it with Haggar and died.

Wesker/Dorm standoff was the best. Wanted to counter you so bad but you wouldn't jump lol

Attraction + Lariat is beast, though. Just need to learn the confirms.

Wesker/Dorm standoff was the best. Wanted to counter you so bad but you wouldn't jump lol

Attraction + Lariat is beast, though. Just need to learn the confirms.
Attraction + Lariat was beast, but you also killed yourself once by attracting Dormammu into Magneto during j.S from half-screen. That also had me rolling.

Azure J

Attraction + Lariat was beast, but you also killed yourself once by attracting Dormammu into Magneto during j.S from half-screen. That also had me rolling.

I love when I'm brought forward by a Magneto on the ground when I'm Viper. Even moreso when they're calling assists. :lol

Meanwhile, I have a bad habit to shake in that I'm using too many poorly chosen EX Thunder Knuckles in matches.

Yeah there were a couple times I got killed because I don't know how long it takes for lariat to recover and I'd do attraction too early. Like I said, I don't really know how to use the teams yet. I don't mind using it as a cross counter as long as Haggar actually comes out to play. Magneto/Haggar/Raccoon definitely seems like the better of the two though.

For the record, I wasn't trying to time out your Phoenix with Wesker, I just wanted to try and kill her with an overhead counter :-(

Yeah there were a couple times I got killed because I don't know how long it takes for lariat to recover and I'd do attraction too early. Like I said, I don't really know how to use the teams yet. I don't mind using it as a cross counter as long as Haggar actually comes out to play. Magneto/Haggar/Raccoon definitely seems like the better of the two though.

For the record, I wasn't trying to time out your Phoenix with Wesker, I just wanted to try and kill her with an overhead counter :-(
I think that Magneto team is beast, but Haggar/RR is ass. I would drop RR or Haggar, preferably RR. It's just too easy to zone. Unless you really want to put all your bets on Magneto, because it's very good for Magneto.

Oh okay, I thought you were trying to time me out. I've only had one person do that successfully to me, but many have tried...once I actually get good with her, it will be even fewer!

Yeah, I like Rocket Raccoon and his unblockable setup is stupidly easy(no training mode required!) but I think I'll save him for my X-23 team.

I was thinking either swap in Wesker on second for Magneto/Wesker/Haggar or drop another projectile assist on anchor. But then I have to figure out another character I like.

I'm slowly building one X-23 team, one Magneto team and I already have a Wesker team so it'll be good once I'm done.

Yeah, I like Rocket Raccoon and his unblockable setup is stupidly easy(no training mode required!) but I think I'll save him for my X-23 team.

I was thinking either swap in Wesker on second for Magneto/Wesker/Haggar or drop another projectile assist on anchor. But then I have to figure out another character I like.

I'm slowly building one X-23 team, one Magneto team and I already have a Wesker team so it'll be good once I'm done.
You want to give Magneto no way in?

JeTmAn81

GB, as a resident professor of theory, would you say Magneto is good for countering characters which like to hang out at superjump height (Trish, Firebrand, Dormammu, etc.)?

GB, as a resident professor of theory, would you say Magneto is good for countering characters which like to hang out at superjump height (Trish, Firebrand, Dormammu, etc.)?

The first thing I've been wanting to figure out lately once I finish my challenge is a DHC that can kill a character at super jump height off of a fullscreen air EMD. Tempest DHC Gimlet DHC Spiral Swords?

But yeah, he has tools for it. super jump HS addf H xx Flight is awesome, gravitation is awesome, air throw is awesome. I don't know that he's the best at it, though. Strider and Skrull are probably better.

The first thing I've been wanting to figure out lately once I finish my challenge is a DHC that can kill a character at super jump height off of a fullscreen air EMD. Tempest DHC Gimlet DHC Spiral Swords?

But yeah, he has tools for it. super jump HS addf H xx Flight is awesome, gravitation is awesome, air throw is awesome. I don't know that he's the best at it, though. Strider and Skrull are probably better.
Why not just Shockwave -> Gimlet -> Rhino Charge?

JeTmAn81

I think this is the typical SJ confirm I've been seeing from most Magnetos. I wasn't quite sure of the exact sequence after the addf.

You can't Shockwave off of an air EMD.
So skip the EMD! Who are you going to hit with it anyway? You never hit my Morrigan with EMD, and unless I'm dumb you never will. You could do it to Dormammu, but that's just wasting 3 bars of meter for something that won't even kill.

So skip the EMD! Who are you going to hit with it anyway? You never hit my Morrigan with EMD, and unless I'm dumb you never will. You could do it to Dormammu, but that's just wasting 3 bars of meter for something that won't even kill.

That's what I just said, I want to figure out something that does kill. and I have hit you through the fireballs before.
Dat BnB. Didn't you miss a flight cancel in there (add jH, S, H), or is that supposed to be optimized enough that flight ends at exactly the right time? Thanks GB.

You don't have to cancel flight, you can just hit HSH and the two Hs come out.

mr. puppy

Banned
lol zero is so fucking ridiculous. my win % with mags/zero/dante is higher than any team i've ever played and i've only been doing it for like two weeks. the only difficult part is figuring out what assist to use with zero, but I might just steal what chris schmidt does.

JeTmAn81

I told you I was wireless! Lol

JjRHJ.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ugh so many dropped inputs, I should just learn characters that are auto pilot :(

Which pretty much falls with my issues with the game. Oh well only good fighting game out right now til BBCP is out.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ggs Slasher!

Also I know why my internet was extra shitty today, my family was using the internet and stuff. Usually I play when they don't but I forgot to check this time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GGs to you too.

haha don't take that wrong you're good. I'm talking about the game in general. The game revolves around characters with good j.H's or extremely safe moves that lead to big damage. It's annoying because of the fact I try to play reaction based and the game in general doesn't reward that as much as others which hurts online as well.

I enjoy the game, I just gotta get my head in the game properly and not have an arc sys game style mindset for it.

haha don't take that wrong you're good. I'm talking about the game in general. The game revolves around characters with good j.H's or extremely safe moves that lead to big damage. It's annoying because of the fact I try to play reaction based and the game in general doesn't reward that as much as others which hurts online as well.
All you do is superjump into Delta Kick or dash into Shield Skills and you want to complain about braindead moves? :p It's not like my characters have a full screen dive kick that leads into full combos, automatically crosses up on the ground, and is +14 or something on block!

I threw you several times on reaction because you made bad jumps.

Anyway, I'm up for more games now if you are.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
All you do is superjump into Delta Kick or dash into Shield Skills and you want to complain about braindead moves? :p

I threw you several times on reaction because you made bad jumps.

That would be like me complaining that you sit back and throw fireballs with morrigan lol It's a gap closer, and you are in the air most of the time and half the time I try to throw you I eat hits.

And most of those throws I teched which is annoying

Anyway, I'm up for more games now if you are.
Of course I am lol

That would be like me complaining that you sit back and throw fireballs with morrigan lol It's a gap closer, and you are in the air most of the time and half the time I try to throw you I eat hits.

And most of those throws I teched which is annoying
I'm not complaining about Felicia, though, I'm just saying that your complaints are silly given two of the characters you play.

JeTmAn81

I enjoy the game, I just gotta get my head in the game properly and not have an arc sys game style mindset for it.

You'd better have characters that can escape the welcome mixup too (double jumps, air dashes, teleports), because people have that stuff down to a science.

Ggs Slasher!

Also I know why my internet was extra shitty today, my family was using the internet and stuff. Usually I play when they don't but I forgot to check this time.

GGs sorry I had to bail suddenly I wanted to get those tourney matches with Karsticles in before I bailed. The connection was definitely wireless but still totally playable IMO. I learned in those matches that I hard tag way way too much and if I get hit it's always never worth it. I gotta go easy on those.

Here's those games we played the other day in the lobby Kevo_Huevo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s45BzBVJ6OQ

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GGs sorry I had to bail suddenly I wanted to get those tourney matches with Karsticles in before I bailed. The connection was definitely wireless but still totally playable IMO. I learned in those matches that I hard tag way way too much and if I get hit it's always never worth it. I gotta go easy on those.

Here's those games we played the other day in the lobby Kevo_Huevo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s45BzBVJ6OQ

My Dad got off the computer like right after I played Karst so that's why the connection was better. I thought some of those hard tags were mistakes tbh. Can you do Maya Shield>Hard tag?

Can you do Maya Shield>Hard tag?

Yes you can actually. The problem is that you want Wright in Trial mode so he can either TAC or DHC into Tournabout mode. Sometimes my problem is that I have the mentality to think that I have to protect 3 evidence Wright above all else. If he only has a third health left or I'm most definitely going to eat huge damage on the incoming character I should just let him die.

I should just learn strider XD

Anyways everything ok Karst? o.o
I'm okay. My wife called so I had to bail - sorry about that. GGs though. I'm not sure if Dormammu has any answer to Mystic Ray besides s.S to negate the beam. Luckily I can get tons of meter for Dark Phoenix, but she was totally carrying the team against that setup.

I laughed hard when you actually WALKED UP TO DARK PHOENIX and did Chaos Dimension, and you were standing on my goddamn TK Trap. I don't know if the trap didn't spring because of Shuma-Gorath's hurtbox or what, but my jaw dropped. I swore after you got me that first match that I would just play keepaway against Shuma-Gorath since he has no answer to TK Trap L + fireball spam, but you got me again, haha.

Overall I am very pleased with my Dark Phoenix progress. Sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm getting better, but our matches convinced me that I am. You used a lot of cheap tricks that I would have fallen for a week ago, and this time I survived most of them.

You have good execution, so I'd be curious to see what your Strider is like if you put the work in.

Oh, and I mashed the hell out of c.L when you did Rolling Buckler and still got counterhit. -_- Maybe I'll have to be happy with a throw or something.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I landed my Soul Drain combo off of a raw tag with Morrigan for the first time against you. I felt SOOOOOOOO special.
LET'S GET CLOSER!

I also noticed that TK Shot was combo breaking for me a few times when I accidentally used it. If I can grow big enough balls I might experiment with that more.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I laughed hard when you actually WALKED UP TO DARK PHOENIX and did Chaos Dimension,

One thing you have to realize about me is that I tend to not give a fuck about anything when I play moreso when I got moves with a large amount of invulnerability LOL

:( If the online was as solid as the old pc gg reload I would do so much better lol I used to SRK through 1 frame openings on reaction back then :(

One thing you have to realize about me is that I tend to not give a fuck about anything when I play moreso when I got moves with a large amount of invulnerability LOL

:( If the online was as solid as the old pc gg reload I would do so much better lol I used to SRK through 1 frame openings on reaction back then :(
Yeah, my play wouldn't improve at all with better netcode...

I didn't know the invulnerability frames on Chaos Dimension, I'll have to learn them now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, my play wouldn't improve at all with better netcode...

I didn't know the invulnerability frames on Chaos Dimension, I'll have to learn them now.

The entire chomp is immune to damage you are pretty much fucked if you are on your last character and you are near him and he still has xfactor.

Top Bottom