• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think you go for Gamma Charge 2nd L too often. When I go for Gamma Charge I'm always in range to make sure the first part touches the opponent, so go for 2nd L if it hits or 2nd H if they block.

I think you go for Gamma Charge 2nd L too often. When I go for Gamma Charge I'm always in range to make sure the first part touches the opponent, so go for 2nd L if it hits or 2nd H if they block.

Probably true but Gamma Charge 2nd H isn't exactly super safe either. Especially against characters like Dorm, Hawkeye, Spencer ect. any fast moving super can catch it's recovery. If I have to waste a bar for it to be safe in a piticular situation I will. Your right though it's something I need to work on.

Mystic Ray is 10 low, but those 10 points are spread throughout the beam. So it won't do something like cancel out 3 arrows from Taskmaster.

Here's the PSN Tourney match me against Karst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ZbxCgGfuE
Goddamn, I suck. -_-

Nice matches! I could definitely feel the tension. You achieved Turnabout Mode an impressive number of times, Slasher. Too bad it's trumped by the other Phoenix's transformation. Karst is quite adept at staying out of reach.
He pretty much always gets Turnabout Mode on me. I need to figure out another approach with Morrigan against Wright, because right now he gets the evidence for free and then it's just a matter of time before I mess up and get hit by Objection due to an execution error or poor judgment. Also, it's definitely not trumped by Dark Phoenix. Dark Phoenix vs. Dark Turnabout Wright is anyone's game if he has the right evidence and 3 bars of meter. Oddly enough, Wright is the scariest character on his team. If I can take Wright out, Dark Phoenix kills Wesker and Hulk for free.

I was doing pretty good until the 3rd match. He snapped in Phoenix and I tagged back in Magneto instead of Wesker, so when he killed Magneto Phoenix came in and got killed with 4.8 bars. Just mindfucked myself and he won three straight. I kept getting antsy, and he went back to the character select screen every time he won and I cracked due to impatience. Oh well, it was fun.

edit: 708 games

JeTmAn81

I was doing pretty good until the 3rd match. He snapped in Phoenix and I tagged back in Magneto instead of Wesker, so when he killed Magneto Phoenix came in and got killed with 4.8 bars. Just mindfucked myself and he won three straight. I kept getting antsy, and he went back to the character select screen every time he won and I cracked due to impatience. Oh well, it was fun.

edit: 708 games

Lol the character select screen stuff wasn't supposed to be a mind game, I just knew I probably couldn't win at all if I didn't calm down and try to think things through. Also I remember faintly wondering how Phoenix came in during that match you mentioned but had no mental processing to spare to figure it out.

I think it's awesome how worked up everyone is (myself included) about a tournament with no prizes. Shows how much we love playing this game.

Azure J

GGs Enzo, I am still free as hell to some Tatsu assist crossups. :lol

I was really trying to show off a bit though just to show if I've improved any. Still need to work on not getting hit with some Nova slide though. I think slides are the hardest things for me to judge in this game, they never look like they're going to hit like they do, especially Nova and Frank's.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GGs Enzo, I am still free as hell to some Tatsu assist crossups. :lol

I was really trying to show off a bit though just to show if I've improved any. Still need to work on not getting hit with some Nova slide though. I think slides are the hardest things for me to judge in this game, they never look like they're going to hit like they do, especially Nova and Frank's.
GGs dude. Sorry about the lag. Realized I had a podcast streaming on my PC that I accidentally unpaused, that was probably it :/

Yes I saw you were trying to show off and it was pretty discouraging seeing you even pull that off AND get the kill in that lag, but I respect it :p

I'm clearly out of practice. The worst is missing the final H in Nova's flight combo before the S. I'm so used to other characters needing tighter execution when I screw around, that when I actually play with my team and have all the time in the world, I input it too quick :( You were reading my assists too well so I began letting you waste some meter on those EX Knuckles, only to get Happy Birthday'd by a following EX Seismo -.-' Still don't know WTF to do about Strider, a lot of Hail Mary air supers to try and catch you on startup or as I jump back but that shit tracks too well :lol

I had lots of fun in that set trying to alter my game plan. I need better incoming mixups and resets though, I pretty much have nothing.

Azure J

I watched like 30-40 minutes of part 1 last night, and I'm already shock at how many Dante combos that he has that I haven't even seen yet. Like what the fuck he's been playing Dante for like a month tops.

Shit is fucking ridiculous.

Dante is a Lego playset. Give 10 different people the same thing and they'll have some fun shit to show off with it.

Attempting to learn how to play this game. Just starting a team of Wesker/Trish/Hawkeye in that order. Any players y'all recommend I watch or places to get info on? Been mostly looking at srk and eventhubs.

Attempting to learn how to play this game. Just starting a team of Wesker/Trish/Hawkeye in that order. Any players y'all recommend I watch or places to get info on? Been mostly looking at srk and eventhubs.

RDK
Yipes
Jago
Neo

RDK, and Jago for Wesker/Trish dynamic. Yipes/Neo for Wesker and they use mostly Wesker with Magnus assist. Not the same as hawkeye but pretty much similar concept.

Questions? Just ask on SRK or here.

Zissou

Just played quite a few player matches against a Zero/Spencer/Dante player and got my ass handed to me. Probably the first time I've played a legit Zero- I think I lost 16-3. The guy was really good, but what a bullshit character /salt

Zissou

I have to admit, I don't understand Karst's current team. The point of Dorm/Harmonizer is to be able to chuck hypers all the time, but Phoenix means you can't really do that. What's the point?

Top Bottom