• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

I believe MS naturally ignores PB. Like Gamma Charge and such do. Don't moves with a forward momentum ignore pushblock?

But yeah all he is doing is XF cancelling out of MS after it absorbs the projectile and mighty hurricaning her. And yeah Thor can use XF on incoming for a insta guard break with MS.

Kioshen

I wished I could have recorded that ass whoopin' you just gave me God's Beard just so I can dissect what you're doing in slow motion.

smurfx

get some go again
Thanks, I really hope I get to play you in this tourney. It would be interesting for a first fight.
jbemLUj6xNKZkn.png

avatar without the white border.

On a similar note, my team in Pokemon Blue was six Kadabras.

Why no Alakazam?

I have a soft spot for the OG's and to a lesser extent, GSC. Yellow, Fire Red and Leaf Green were amazing for me, just made me some cartoon teams. Went and bopped Red with XCOPY, except mine were all level 100.

Also, I still stand by Charmander, the little bastard that could. Charmeleon's bleh and Charizard is a pretty cool guy. But seriously, WHO COULD NOT LOVE THIS SCAMP?

Squirtle and Blastoise are also acceptable.

Re: Marvel --

That Lego Marvel game...strongly considering it. They said the right things in that interview and I'm a sucker for good Marvel games.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just beat White 2 a few days ago and realized I can't get Articuno :(

Expected, but now that I've confirmed it :(

But then I read Justin Timberlake was making another album and everything became okay again.

Solune

Thanks, I really hope I get to play you in this tourney. It would be interesting for a first fight.
Haha well even if I beat Jetman, I'll have to play against Karst, that would mean it would have to be in the loser bracket.
Edit: WTF there was a Capcom announcement?
I didn't know either, I just saw Capcom wanting to do more work with Ninja Theory lol. RIP DMC 2001-2008.
lol my girlfriend randomly sketched out a Vergil painting on facebook. Why didn't she do Magneto :-(

She needs more power.

Azure J

I don't care how late I am:

- First team was Zapdos, Arcanine, Blastoise, Eggexutor, & Dragonite. If memory serves me correctly, each one of them was named after a Gundam from Gundam Wing because I was a silly little kid. :p

- Cyndaquil dabess.

Solune

Your first team is missing a pokemon Azurebro.

My OG team was Venusaur, Ninetails, Electrode, Gyarados, Snorlax, Gengar.

Also Cyndaquil is the best fire starter after Charizard.

Since we have so many Pokemon fans here:
I haven't played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue. Is there a website that can explain how things have changed since then?

How does playing other people work on the DS? Can you search for opponents like in fighting games? Is there a ranking system?

I noticed that websites have tier rankings for Pokemon. How does tiered play work online? Are there pre-set standards?

Nope he barely touched me with Magneto ... I couldn't get past his wesker backed by EMD. Got left/right'd to death.
GB does some really predictable stuff with EMD. Watch out for it.

dem trades :-(
My sister had Blue, I had Red, and I used her save file to trade back and forth.

I picked Bulbasaur :)
BLASTOISE BITCH! He's a goddamn military veteran.

I just beat White 2 a few days ago and realized I can't get Articuno :(

Expected, but now that I've confirmed it :(
Why can't you?

Your first team is missing a pokemon Azurebro.

My OG team was Venusaur, Ninetails, Electrode, Gyarados, Snorlax, Gengar.

Also Cyndaquil is the best fire starter after Charizard.
OG team:

Golem
Blastoise
Mewtwo
Moltres
Articuno
Zapdos

I was a young tier whore.

Azure J

You can't be considered a tier whore in RBY without Dragonite. Seriously, why was that thing like impervious to everything except the one type that had like 4 or 5 members as per that gen? :lol

Also, Hyper Viper Beam x 5 nuked everything.

Kioshen

GB does some really predictable stuff with EMD. Watch out for it.

Probably but then again I don't know yet how to punish it. It's the first time I played against a RTSD wesker. I started to spot when he did Tele H eventually but then I whiffed my throw attempts and got killed for it. Gun shots clips Nova's feet when box dashing and EMD kills Doom's beam on startup nevermind wackbot's assist. Nova does nothing at sj height and got mixed up on the way down. Didn't have time to put Aegis even when I did one single EMD destroys it and I get hit behind during recovery. Cent Rush H starts too slow to blow past gun shot or EMD afterwards. Don't pushblock get command grabbed. What I probably should have done is vary my pushblock timing and punish.

I'll read up on the Nova / Wesker matchup to see what other tools I have at my disposal and try again when I'm not sleepy, salty and dropping simple combos everywhere.

Venfayth

Looking for some advice in team construction:

I've been dicking around with a ton of different teams for way too long. I'm making a commitment to stick with one team until Evo, but I'd like some advice in what people think is optimal from the characters I want to use:

Dante, Trish, X-23, Doom

Right now I'm thinking Dante X-23 Trish, but am not sure on order. I want to have access to Trish's unblockable and his helmbreaker + x-23's ankle slice gives me that.

Doom is kind of a side thought, if you guys really don't think the above team could work. I can play him, but he's not my favorite.

You could play X-23/Trish(low voltage)/Dante(jam session), but I'm not sure it's a particularly awesome team.

Anybody up for some games? H&H mode maybe?

shaowebb

Didn't Famitsu say one of their huge announcements in the next issue was going to be capcom?My guess is Mega Man and not Marvel if true since we heard folks saying there was supposed to be more announced on the anniversary, but it wasn't ready and it got pulled from the conference.

Top Bottom