• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

And I would rather go with the numbers from the company in question in regards to the list. Numbers are more factual representation of what is happening.

So characters with most overlay are the ones with the highest chance of being on the list.
What numbers do you have from the company about a list for Ultimate? I'd love to see them.

mr. puppy

Banned
Been playing ZMC with the order set as Vergil/Zero/Dante, I really think its the best way to run that team. Or at least for me it is, since my Vergil always fails hard on incoming.

onionfrog

I expect at least 10 more characters. I would pay $40 for 4 more characters (which is what I care about), but I would not be pleased. Then again, my team isn't changing unless Nina gets added in. I doubt I'd find an anchor that fills my team out like Phoenix does. All of your changes are good, though.
Yeah I wrote 4-8 characters in my list because I'd have faith in capcom being as lazy as possible. 10-12 new characters would be excellent.

Here is my list if we got 12 new characters(some of these may be very stereotypical choices, and some are odd):

Capcom:
1. Megaman
2. Gene
3. BoF2 Nina
4. Samanosuke(shhh dont remind me that its impossible due to being based off an actual actor)
5. Dan Hibiki (The best Shoto!)
6. Jin Satome

Marvel:
1. Cyclops
2. Gambit
3. Venom
4. Thanos (Avengers 2 cross promotion)
5. Spiral
6. Psylocke

The marvel side is a lot of returning MVC2 vets since I don't know many other marvel characters. (I don't follow comics much)

Although we're beating a long dead horse here I'd like to hear what other people's choices for new characters would be.

I would like to think that if we got another expansion, Capcom would have learned from their mistake of releasing too soon with too little.

Capcom:
1. Megaman.exe
2. Gene
3. Deis
4. Rathalos
5. Gill
6. Jedah

Marvel:
1. Colossus
2. Phylla Vell
3. Doc Ock
4. Mister Sinister
5. Squirrel Girl
6. Living Tribunal

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Karst did you see fchamp's dorm lvl 3 into doom hard tag to extend? Been playing around with it and it's pretty godlike.

Though it seems to depend on where on the screen you did the lvl 3 if you do it near the middle it is pretty much a free extender otherwise it can sometimes tag in doom too far away from the body to pick up in time.

I got to test how it works on Spencer's that love to try to wiff punish with arm against a dorm with 3 bars. I know you can get full doom loop off if you land it raw like that. Which is pretty good in my books since in the past I'd just burn xf to pick up and kill the mole spencer. However since spencer is moving forward maybe you can raw tag for free with doom no matter where on the screen.

I got to test if I can also do volcano hit confirm hard tag in doom to extend lol that shit would be godlike.

At the moment ill run the dorm keep away kill off a character once i have room charge all blues and hard tag in mags or dhc. After I open 'em up with mags on ground ill combo into normal mags ground series dorm call they get stuck to the ground and I get super super free reset to kill off the character while not spending bar. Offline in casuals and tournaments most dudes have never been hit by this and just get mind fucked...even had one dude no joke (in casual) pause the game because he thought his stick was broken lol. (Believe me if it was tournament I would have taken that free DQ)

Of course this takes time to setup so it's not free derpy shit for dorm but I believe once you get this going you really get inside the other dudes head.

Karst did you see fchamp's dorm lvl 3 into doom hard tag to extend? Been playing around with it and it's pretty godlike.

Though it seems to depend on where on the screen you did the lvl 3 if you do it near the middle it is pretty much a free extender otherwise it can sometimes tag in doom too far away from the body to pick up in time.

I got to test how it works on Spencer's that love to try to wiff punish with arm against a dorm with 3 bars. I know you can get full doom loop off if you land it raw like that. Which is pretty good in my books since in the past I'd just burn xf to pick up and kill the mole spencer. However since spencer is moving forward maybe you can raw tag for free with doom no matter where on the screen.

I got to test if I can also do volcano hit confirm hard tag in doom to extend lol that shit would be godlike.

At the moment ill run the dorm keep away kill off a character once i have room charge all blues and hard tag in mags or dhc. After I open 'em up with mags on ground ill combo into normal mags ground series dorm call they get stuck to the ground and I get super super free reset to kill off the character while not spending bar. Offline in casuals and tournaments most dudes have never been hit by this and just get mind fucked...even had one dude no joke (in casual) pause the game because he thought his stick was broken lol. (Believe me if it was tournament I would have taken that free DQ)

Of course this takes time to setup so it's not free derpy shit for dorm but I believe once you get this going you really get inside the other dudes head.
level 3 raw tags are fun. My old Spencer/Dorm/Mags team I took to NCR last year had a bunch of funky ones.

Dahbomb

Doom's OTG options are so brain dead.

Anything in the game that causes a hard knockdown Doom can probably get a full combo off of it.

I want to do an Iron Avenger finisher and see if I can raw tag into Doom to get a combo off that. Probably can.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Doom's OTG options are so brain dead.

Anything in the game that causes a hard knockdown Doom can probably get a full combo off of it.

I want to do an Iron Avenger finisher and see if I can raw tag into Doom to get a combo off that. Probably can.

Yup, one of the reasons I picked him up...I resisted for so long..but he is too good to ignore with my fav two characters.

After a bit you really get use to him as well.

If Capcom wants another version of Marvel 3 and Marvel is holding it up, it's probably not because of licences fee's it's most likely that Marvel doesn't want if to interfere with it's other game properties that are scheduled to come out. Kinda similar to how Capcom said Ultimate was released at that time because it was best for Marvel.

If Capcom wants another version of Marvel 3 and Marvel is holding it up, it's probably not because of licences fee's it's most likely that Marvel doesn't want if to interfere with it's other game properties that are scheduled to come out. Kinda similar to how Capcom said Ultimate was released at that time because it was best for Marvel.
I believe the statement was that Ultimate was released at its time because it was best for Capcom. Specifically, they didn't want it to cannibalize SFxT. Another reason to hate that piece of shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No No...it was the tsunami too right?
Tsunami ruined their plans for DLC updates, that's why DLC updates abruptly ended after the first costume pack. Presumably they could have done an AE if they wanted.

Another factor was Marvel trying to fit UMvC3 in a timeslot without other Marvel games.

And no, relevant Sven news shouldn't be banned. That at least gives us insight that it may be a licensing issue holding it up.

How do you even pronounce Sven? I always just pronounced it "PR BULLSHIT"

That's pretty amazing you can get PR bull shit out of "Sven" I just say shit. At least they both start with an "S".

Been playing ZMC with the order set as Vergil/Zero/Dante, I really think its the best way to run that team. Or at least for me it is, since my Vergil always fails hard on incoming.

What advantages do you see in it? I don't know how I feel about ZmC anymore. I play the team now and it's great and bull shit, but I feel like my defense just isn't good enough to run that team in tournament. It pretty much comes down to do I get the 1st hit with Zero or not, and do I drop my loops or not....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ryan Penagos ‏@AgentM
Getting lots of tweets from #MvC3 fans who want more. Polite, friendly and excited requests! Good to know; will pass along!

Ryan Penagos ‏@AgentM
Also, another good person to tweet about #MvC3 and all @Marvel games stuff is @cbake76. Dude's the man when it comes to this stuff.

This is true, people should be tweeting Chris Baker, he's the one in charge of the games dept. at Marvel and was pretty hands-on with both MvC3 and UMvC3.

True story when I play felicia I'm more scared of beam assist than any anti air assist.
Jam Session?

Ryan Penagos ‏@AgentM
Getting lots of tweets from #MvC3 fans who want more. Polite, friendly and excited requests! Good to know; will pass along!

Ryan Penagos ‏@AgentM
Also, another good person to tweet about #MvC3 and all @Marvel games stuff is @cbake76. Dude's the man when it comes to this stuff.

This is true, people should be tweeting Chris Baker, he's the one in charge of the games dept. at Marvel and was pretty hands-on with both MvC3 and UMvC3.
This is why it's good to post "non-news". I just tweeted both and @MarvelBlip.

Actually, I'm going to post about this in the FGC thread.

shaowebb

The only way I would play Vergil is if I had a good way to set up Blistering Swords every game.

Iron Fist Rising Fang assist was pretty damned dirty for it. Comes out quick and sets up a wallbounce for sword loops. It means your anchor is whoever you feel comfiest with on beam assists though. In your case maybe Magneto or Hawkeye is my guess.

I would be surprised if we ever get a patch, let alone a third update version. Unfortunitly a third disc version would cause more negative criticism towards Capcom than the goodwill of having another "Ultimate" version. DLC would be the best course of action from Capcoms point of view if they truly are curious about adding more characters. Jill and Shuma were a terrible testing of the waters on the DLC front.

Azure J

Capcom:

Megaman X (Give Zero his MMZ look as an alt)
BoF2 Nina/Ryu (Preference to Nina but I'd love to see what the main character's like in a fighter /casual BoF fan)
Gene
Rouge (Power Stone)
Akira/Shoma/Tiffany (Rival Schools)
Ruby Heart (because it's motherfucking Ruby Heart)

Marvel:

Doctor Octopus/Green Goblin
Phyilla Veil
Ms. Marvel
Juggernaut

Anything else is gravy. :D

Gimme some more web head stuff. Hell, only add mega man and spiderman characters and call it the Flagship Edition.

Just no more XMen and no sword guys. Gimme Batsu though. and add hsien ko.

I just got my new monitor delivered! Shit looks baller and I can finally read Ubi text. Anyone wanna play some games to help me christen this thing for a bit?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
nerf morrigan

nerf vergil

nerf zero

nerf missiles

get rid of tac infinites

we in there

Why would you nerf Morrigan? The nerf missiles takes care of that.

But I think they should nerf the shit out of missiles. Quite frankly, I'm really sick of seeing Doom's ugly mug. I'd be fine if they fucked with his footdive.

Dahbomb

The only nerf to Morrigan I would make is to drop her soul fists from 5 to 4 durability. Spitfire is a double fireball and it only has 3.
Yes yes...

NB4 "but Morrigan does not have a ground dash and can't combo from her throws so she needs to have that durability"

I know you're biased, but why not?
It makes some sense when Astral Vision is up, but not all Morrigan players abuse Astral Vision (I rarely use it unless I'm in X-Factor). 4 durability means Morrigan's Soul Fist would lose to EMD L, Hadoken, etc. Even more problematic, since Soul Fist x2 is 10 durability now, but would become 8 durability with this change, Soul Fist would always lose to Dagger Toss, Sentinel Force, Aim Master, and Greyhound.

I don't think there are Morrigan problems beyond Hidden Missiles, personally. Without Hidden Missiles and Astral Vision, I would even say she's a bad character. If Astral Vision really upsets people that much, there are ways to change the Soul Fists fired by her copy that would make Astral Vision more fair without harming Morrigan when the hyper isn't up.

Really, making Soul Fist 4 durability just means I have to spend more time superjumping to throw Soul Fists, since most characters don't have diagonal fireballs. It would just make using her more annoying because I would have to run away more to find that perfect superjump diagonal to hit people at. She's already a huge time waster as it is.

I suppose my "No" is less of a "that would ruin her!" and more of a "why the fuck would you do that?"

Top Bottom