• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

WHY ARENT YOU JOINING GODS_BEARD?

I think i know someone who's salty about foot dive right now.
Huh? Not at all. I've consistently defended foot dive on this forum and everywhere else. I just hate lobbies because everyone has different lag and I don't get to adjust to it. That guy I just played I couldn't do trijump j.H with Phoenix against because the connection was so choppy. I think Doom, outside of Hidden Missiles, is an extremely fair character. I always hate lobbies - everyone here knows I prefer to sit and watch rather than play in them. Well, everyone but you, I guess.

i just realized i've hardly played anyone on this board, i might get on later tonight. i'm still playing mags/storm/dante mainly, maybe i can lose hard while trying to make that team work.
If you're PSN side, we should play since you're always curious about Dark Harmonizer stuff.

JeTmAn81

Huh? Not at all. I've consistently defended foot dive on this forum and everywhere else. I just hate lobbies because everyone has different lag and I don't get to adjust to it. That guy I just played I couldn't do trijump j.H with Phoenix against because the connection was so choppy. I think Doom, outside of Hidden Missiles, is an extremely fair character. I always hate lobbies - everyone here knows I prefer to sit and watch rather than play in them. Well, everyone but you, I guess.

I was just kidding anyway. Though I wouldve been salty about it. I hit Slasher with 3 YOLO footdives in a row in one of our matches though, lol. I hate lobbies too. I asked Slasher to play with me after our tournament matches and he started a lobby.

WHY ARENT YOU JOINING GODS_BEARD?

If you're PSN side, we should play since you're always curious about Dark Harmonizer stuff.

I had just turned on my ps3 when you invited me and now you disappear <_<

I had just turned on my ps3 when you invited me and now you disappear <_<
I'm here and in a player match waiting for you...I sent two invites. Did you not get them?

I was just kidding anyway. Though I wouldve been salty about it. I hit Slasher with 3 YOLO footdives in a row in one of our matches though, lol. I hate lobbies too. I asked Slasher to play with me after our tournament matches and he started a lobby.
I hate the wait time and stuff, gah. I think foot dive is just as fair as any other dive kick - I never understand why people get particularly upset about it. Now Doom's ability to sit in a corner and spam Photon Shot at superjump height, I can understand that being annoying.

LakeEarth

Trying to move competently in this game makes me feel like an old ass man.
Yeah, I'm realizing I'm limited by my lack of mobility ability (Hawkeye ownage). I wonder if there's a movement practice guide out there to help me out. Not just wave dashing but competent flying and air dashing, negating pushblock, etc.

The only reason I started a lobby was because I had like seven people on my friends list that were all playing Marvel, and had multiple invites at the same time. Only three people showed up and only two stayed lol.

Jetman I can't believe how laggy our tourney matches were and then right afterwards during casuals it was so much better. That kinda sucked. Oh well.

JeTmAn81

Jetman I can't believe how laggy our tourney matches were and then right afterwards during casuals it was so much better. That kinda sucked. Oh well.

So weird, I had the exact opposite experience. It was fine during the tournament then so bad during casuals I couldn't even hit basic combos.

Anyway, GGS. If you haven't seen him play, Smurfx runs the Arrow Bros. with Haggar and is absolutely devastating with them. Tons of synergy on that team.

If any of you happen to not know 5 Capcom characters you want in, I'd appreciate votes for BoF2 Nina. :)

Edit: I voted for Scarlet Witch since I know Crimsonspider really wants her in.

WTF @ someone voting for the girl from Remember Me.

Breath of Fire 4 Nina, on it!
IIRC, last time Diek just grouped them all as "Nina", but I suppose better safe than sorry. I don't want any goddamn lolis in this game.

Azure J

I see no Megaman X in between the two of you and a Sigma from Karst to rub salt in the wound. I don't think we can do the Mahvel bros thing anymore. </3

lol ;)

FSLink, I see that you voted for Breath of Fire 4 Nina. You are either:
1) Trying to help me but put 4 because Beef confused you (damn him!).

OR

2) A representative of all that is unholy in life, and in no way can you and I ever, ever be on good terms.

Which one is it? :-/

Lost Planet was awesome, they just made a ton of poor decisions and couldn't get it all to work right.
I played the demo and thought it was a cool concept, but shooting forever at a monster isn't as cool as hacking away at it.

I see no Megaman X in between the two of you and a Sigma from Karst to rub salt in the wound. I don't think we can do the Mahvel bros thing anymore. </3

lol ;)
I did Sigma for Diek, just like I did last time. He's been a good guy to me during m stay at SRK, so I like to help him out.

I didn't vote for Megaman for two reasons:
1) I assume he'll make top 5 without my assistance.
2) I'm indifferent between X and Classic at this point, and wouldn't know which one to vote for.

Thanks for helping Nina, though! :)

...are you serious

Lost Planet needs love TBH. Or PTX anyways, the series is shit.
Don't you mean "the shit"?

ggs racketpunch!

sorry i had to leave so abruptly, had to walk the dog and wanted to go to the gym. and since you went with an alt team i figured you got bored so i didnt want to make you play anymore.

beef was right, i lost count of all the xf3 sentinel comebacks you made! i was definitely fearing for my life when i got you down to sent at the end. haha my headset lost power in the middle of the session so i was without sound for a little and then i tried the monitor speakers, and then i was able to find a spare pair of headphones.

i liked those nova resets. i swear i thought i figured out the timing of it, but i think i teched like 1/50. good set though, i thought the connection was very solid.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Don't you mean "the shit"?
Nope, I meant shit.

Like you (and GB) said, they had cool concepts. I rented it, and they all fell apart. Thermal Energy was a cool idea, mechs were a cool idea, grappling could've been cool.

It just controlled like shit, the level design was nothing special, the gunplay was terrible, the narrative was terrible, list goes on.

I actually bought Lost Planet 2 for super cheap when a retailer was closing here, partially as a cheap co-op thrill, knowing it was a bad game already cause I played the demo for it too, but it turned out even worse than I expected.

Thor TAC infinite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FebWt_JClKY

And voted BoF2 Nina.

LOL.

Also, Jwong's salt is hilarious about Chris G winning.
<3

Nope, I meant shit.

Like you (and GB) said, they had cool concepts. I rented it, and they all fell apart. Thermal Energy was a cool idea, mechs were a cool idea, grappling could've been cool.

It just controlled like shit, the level design was nothing special, the gunplay was terrible, the narrative was terrible, list goes on.

I actually bought Lost Planet 2 for super cheap when a retailer was closing here, partially as a cheap co-op thrill, knowing it was a bad game already cause I played the demo for it too, but it turned out even worse than I expected.
Oh okay.

Solune

I know its like even the randomizer wants me to stop playing low tier because other than Ryu I don't play any of these. Most I've done is maybe poke Viper or Dante in the closing days of Vanilla for a few hours.

Its a pretty fun thing to screw around with the randomizer. I'll start playing some Viper/Ryu/Dante in that order and see what I can do. I've never had options before. Vanilla Ryu and Sentinel didn't have a whole lot except armor, combo extensions and the light tatsu putting in the work. This team actually has a bunch of stuff it could do given Viper and Dante setups. I could probably use Seismo assist to help Ryu too. Heck this team has got six OTG's that I can think of.

Out of curiosity my rerolls were:
Ghost Rider
Jill
Iron Fist

followed by ...
Phoenix Wright
She Hulk
Zero

and then...
Iron Fist
Crimson Viper
Phoenix

LOL at the Iron Fist reoccurrences. Oh well I guess I'll be playing some viper/ryu/dante now for awhile to see what I can get.

LINK TO THE RANDOMIZED TEAM POST IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE

Doctor Strange
She-Hulk
Firebrand

Lol... This can't end well, I'll see what I can come up with though.

Doctor Strange
She-Hulk
Firebrand

Lol... This can't end well, I'll see what I can come up with though.
I would try Bon Voyage, Luminous Body -> Seven Rings, FotF, dash, FotF loop.

On incoming character, call Eye of Agamotto, Bon Voyage, unblockable might work. Though you probably need Bolts of Balthakk for She-Hulk.

FSLink

Banned
FSLink, I see that you voted for Breath of Fire 4 Nina. You are either:
1) Trying to help me but put 4 because Beef confused you (damn him!).

OR

2) A representative of all that is unholy in life, and in no way can you and I ever, ever be on good terms.

Which one is it? :-/

The former. Damn you Beef! :p
More people need to vote for TvC Roll. :( Her playstyle's fun and being able to DHC heal robot-like characters would just be salt inducing.

That Thor TAC infinite is sweet. Hopefully we'll see someone bring it out during a major.
I did a random team thing and:
Shuma-Gorath
Chun-Li
Wolverine

Welp I guess this wouldn't be so bad if I had Wolverine or Chun in front with Shuma in back.

ggs racketpunch!

sorry i had to leave so abruptly, had to walk the dog and wanted to go to the gym. and since you went with an alt team i figured you got bored so i didnt want to make you play anymore.

beef was right, i lost count of all the xf3 sentinel comebacks you made! i was definitely fearing for my life when i got you down to sent at the end. haha my headset lost power in the middle of the session so i was without sound for a little and then i tried the monitor speakers, and then i was able to find a spare pair of headphones.

i liked those nova resets. i swear i thought i figured out the timing of it, but i think i teched like 1/50. good set though, i thought the connection was very solid.

GGs Kevo! I've never been air grabbed so much in a set. Our connection was very solid. I still couldn't get any plink dash air combos with magneto though. I hate having to dumb down his combo just to make sure I complete it.

I would probably say sentinel is my best character. For some reason he always has been in all marvel games. I hated when you started to run away from him! Haha I didn't know what do except throw some random normals out and hope to confirm. Definitely something ill have to work on more.

Your spencer is on point. You rarely dropped any of his combos and one touch usually meant the death of that character. One question though. Why don't you do up grapple after the wesker otg assist for that unscaled 80k at midscreen instead of s.H into medium or low grapple? I run that team as well and I choose to go that route. If I'm missng something please tell me.

Also, I wasn't getting bored when I switched teams. That's actually one of my co-main teams in this game. I have 3 teams that I like to consider as my main (gotta use those preset slots). Your taskmaster made me want play as him. Lets do it again soon

Little off topic: Who is going to SCR this week?

The former. Damn you Beef! :p
More people need to vote for TvC Roll. :( Her playstyle's fun and being able to DHC heal robot-like characters would just be salt inducing.

That Thor TAC infinite is sweet. Hopefully we'll see someone bring it out during a major.
I did a random team thing and:
Shuma-Gorath
Chun-Li
Wolverine

Welp I guess this wouldn't be so bad if I had Wolverine or Chun in front with Shuma in back.
Hahaha.
Please fix it. :-(

Damn, maybe we should have all gotten together and chosen 5 characters to vote for to increase our influence on SRK...I would have given up 4 spots for other folks if everyone voted for Nina in turn.

Wolverine/Shuma-Gorath is boss. Angelic uses the combination. Chun-li...not a great fit for that team, but I suppose she'll be second for TAC infinites.

I think Thor got the best infinite. So much damage for an infinite.
So good!

Marvel anyone? I'm on ps3.
If no one else volunteers let me know and I'll hop on for you.

GGs Kevo! I've never been air grabbed so much in a set. Our connection was very solid. I still couldn't get any plink dash air combos with magneto though. I hate having to dumb down his combo just to make sure I complete it.

I would probably say sentinel is my best character. For some reason he always has been in all marvel games. I hated when you started to run away from him! Haha I didn't know what do except throw some random normals out and hope to confirm. Definitely something ill have to work on more.

Your spencer is on point. You rarely dropped any of his combos and one touch usually meant the death of that character. One question though. Why don't you do up grapple after the wesker otg assist for that unscaled 80k at midscreen instead of s.H into medium or low grapple? I run that team as well and I choose to go that route. If I'm missng something please tell me.

Also, I wasn't getting bored when I switched teams. That's actually one of my co-main teams in this game. I have 3 teams that I like to consider as my main (gotta use those preset slots). Your taskmaster made me want play as him. Lets do it again soon

Little off topic: Who is going to SCR this week?
If someone runs from XF3 Sentinel, superjump j.M to put them in blockstun, fly, and then unfly. It's a good way to get folks back to the ground. j.L when you're close to landing for the overhead.

FSLink

Banned
Already fixed. Yeah the team would be all right if it's Wolverine (whatever)/Chun-Li (kicks)/Shuma Gorath (Mystic Ray), but if it's the other way around, gross.

If someone runs from XF3 Sentinel, superjump j.M to put them in blockstun, fly, and then unfly. It's a good way to get folks back to the ground. j.L when you're close to landing for the overhead.

Yup, definitely was going for those jump M hits to stun him but he was doing a good job of evading to get away or I was doing a really bad job at being unpredictable. j.L is a normal that I need to utilize more with the whack bot.

shaowebb

Voted. Forgot about Darkstalkers and didn't vote for Phobos or Jedah, but I don't regret my picks even though I believe Phobos was BORN for Marvel.

my picks said:
Marvel:

Daredevil
Venom /Flash Thompson
Magik/Ilyana Rasputin
Hope
Black Panther

Capcom:

Gene/Godhand
Dr. Wily
Mega Man X
Poison
Urien

Generally, I feel Daredevil and new Venom have a lot of potential to be new takes on high mobility attackers, Magik has a sword/teleports/summons/ and has sick magic at her disposal, Hope can use ANY mutants powers and can bring about a nice mix of tools and Black Panther is the most interesting brother I could come up with in terms of playstyle. Luke Cage is boring and Nick Fury wouldn't likely be Samuel L. Jackson so who cares?

Capcom side is basically Gene because he needs to be here, Wily for the mass cameo attacks of robot masters and for a true summon dude like Doronjo to get in, X is there because Wily is a long shot and X is a really good playstyle choice and we need Mega Man, Poison because HELL YEAH and because I dig her spacing game if they do it right, and Urien because it'd be incredible to have Aegis Shield and wombo combo in the game properly with his shoulder ram and grabs .

Top Bottom