• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

ggs to Panda, 1000 GAMES!

Thanks to everyone that played me over the past month! Time to train! Tired of these weak-ass combos and setups that I've been relying on. And now I know what characters I like I can actually practice with them!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GGs Beardo!

I think your Wesker mixups are getting a little too obvious. Besides the incoming ones they seem to go in a pattern. Of course I still got hit cause I suck but I'm sure someone who knows how to block would not get hit.

GGs Beardo!

I think your Wesker mixups are getting a little too obvious. Besides the incoming ones they seem to go in a pattern. Of course I still got hit cause I suck but I'm sure someone who knows how to block would not get hit.

Well I only really think about them when I use my Phoenix team, and I didn't wind up using them against you because jump gunshot > your captain America team and your Nova team > my soul.

Ironically I only use two incoming mixups with Wesker because they cover everything I want. I actually use more grounded ones, but a lot of them revolve around trap setups.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That's very true lol. With Cap I was hoping if I just sat back long enough you'd eventually come in but nope. I have no idea what to do against that with Cap, other than pick Vajra.

So what characters are you going to practice now?

When Q was saying that Captain America beats my team I think he was trolling.

I'm gonna practice Dormammu and Spencer because I haven't used them in training mode since NCR 2011, as well as go back in the lab with X-23 and Rocket Raccoon. After that I need to figure out who my best partner for Wesker/Magneto is.

onionfrog

Thanks to everyone that played me over the past month! Time to train! Tired of these weak-ass combos and setups that I've been relying on. And now I know what characters I like I can actually practice with them!

Hey God's Beard, how long will you have good internet? We should play some time while you've still got decent internet.

Also Q what is your PSN, we should play sometime. My PSN is the same as my username

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well Q knows more about Cap than I do so he probably knows something I don't.

I know Charging Star + Unibeam and that it sucks I have to pick Iron Man.

Oh and I finally did that Iron Fist bnb online, that was nice.

Speaking of BnBs, that was the first time 2H xx zipline, L actually connected online. I was shocked. I can't remember how to do anything with Spencer until I do a refresher course though.

Oh yeah, I need to make that Chaos Dimension video.

onionfrog

Till the 30th.
Cool, that's a decent amount of time.

I know Charging Star + Unibeam and that it sucks I have to pick Iron Man.
True dat. They're a really good combination, but Iron Man is so weird. Mainly the funky hitboxes and air dash.

Oh yeah, I need to make that Chaos Dimension video.
This was getting a full combo off Chaos Dimension, right? I'd be interested to see that.
I'd try Shuma but I can't stand the charge motions.

Congratulations on completing the challenge! I bet you've been dying to get back to training mode.

That's very true lol. With Cap I was hoping if I just sat back long enough you'd eventually come in but nope. I have no idea what to do against that with Cap, other than pick Vajra.

So what characters are you going to practice now?
Wait until he lands and CHARGING STAR + UNIBEAM! Or follow him and jump, Shield Slash H.

When Q was saying that Captain America beats my team I think he was trolling.

I'm gonna practice Dormammu and Spencer because I haven't used them in training mode since NCR 2011, as well as go back in the lab with X-23 and Rocket Raccoon. After that I need to figure out who my best partner for Wesker/Magneto is.
Captain America beats everyone!

So are you going to work on multiple teams or something?

IMO do Magneto/Wesker/Sentinel.

Till the 30th.
Hum, the day before I turn 28.

I can't use Wesker/Sentinel though. I love gunshot confirms too much, and there are only 3 assists in the game that do that. EMD, Horizontal Shot and Bolts of Balthakk.

Also, I retested my Chaos Dimension setup and it definitely works. I'll get it on here by the end of tonight if I can.

For hypernima:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVKtJB59q88

I learned a lot about Tron Bonne.

I can't use Wesker/Sentinel though. I love gunshot confirms too much, and there are only 3 assists in the game that do that. EMD, Horizontal Shot and Bolts of Balthakk.

Also, I retested my Chaos Dimension setup and it definitely works. I'll get it on here by the end of tonight if I can.
Horizontal Shot?

Why not just use Magneto/Dr. Strange/Wesker? Supah sexay!

I haven't actually tried Cap yet. I wonder if he would work with Joe/Frank...

off to mission mode
He's kind of a hail mary anchor that has problems opening people up alone.

shumav5u2c.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Was dicking around in training mode for 20 minutes.

Fruits:
Vergil can combo off of ground raw tag hits if he's in Devil Trigger mode when he comes in. Neato!

Why is Vergil so good with Wesker? Sigh. Lawnmower is such a good assist. Dormammu and Spencer are good, too, but man. Horizontal Shot might even be better than EMD for Wesker, though.

Ah, I didn't suspect it was a timer issue. That sucks.

Yeah, even in level 2 x-factor Chaos Dimension isn't fast enough.

Solune

Why is Vergil so good with Wesker? Sigh. Lawnmower is such a good assist. Dormammu and Spencer are good, too, but man. Horizontal Shot might even be better than EMD for Wesker, though.

Yeah, even in level 2 x-factor Chaos Dimension isn't fast enough.
How bout using Strange or Sentinel as well?
How do you feel about Metal Gear Rising putting DMC back into the grave so soon after its revival?

MGR will save action gaming this year. The sad part will be when it metascores lower than DmC because people have bad taste in games.

Dahbomb

How do you feel about Metal Gear Rising putting DMC back into the grave so soon after its revival?
1) DMC was never in the grave.
2) MGR and DmC are two action games with different focus on the combat. DmC is about combo swag whereas MGR is about grounded combat. MGR is not going to kill DmC even if it might end up being the superior game.

Azure J

Was dicking around in training mode for 20 minutes.

Fruits:
Vergil can combo off of ground raw tag hits if he's in Devil Trigger mode when he comes in. Neato!

He can also set up extensions for other characters to come in with a Round Trip. Basically toss it mid combo, hard tag next character, proceed.

Also, I have a Viper opening gambit I've been dying to use on someone forever. Just hard tag - buffer a Thunder Knuckle H - go into a staircase combo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm super excited for MGR. Gonna be the first action game I buy and finish.

I'll buy DmC when it's $20 in a month or so.

Dahbomb

I'm super excited for MGR. Gonna be the first action game I buy and finish.

I'll buy DmC when it's $20 in a month or so.
The funny thing is that I feel you are the perfect target demography of DmC. You like swag combos, you like new tech, you like games with a certain level of depth and you like flash. Best of all you have no prior action gaming experience.

I just thought up some new anti phoenix tech. With Hulk, kill her with whatever normal on the ground, then cancel into Impact Punch and charge to absorb the shockwave. X-factor and do AA grab.

Would that work?

The funny thing is that I feel you are the perfect target demography of DmC. You like swag combos, you like new tech, you like games with a certain level of depth and you like flash. Best of all you have no prior action gaming experience.
He likes good characters, which DmC lacks.
I just thought up some new anti phoenix tech. With Hulk, kill her with whatever normal on the ground, then cancel into Impact Punch and charge to absorb the shockwave. X-factor and do AA grab.

Would that work?

Doesn't Impact Punch have no armor?

Top Bottom