• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Azure J

Character wishlist has to be in there.

I was thinking of putting it in with patch, but I think at this point everyone wants patch to also equal some new characters. :p

@God's Beard: Pretty much my sole reason for tweeting the guys after the intial "hey I'm interested" was to badger them for a Steam release. Uncanny Edition for everything under the sun and PC plzkthx.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If this had a PC version, there'd be a Project M(arvel) in two days flat.
Not even. People would make character model/mods, but they wouldn't balance it or find the need to balance it. Wouldn't matter because it's on PC anyways, not the tournament standard, and also because it doesn't expressively need a rebalance. MvC players have thick skin, and the metagame is still developing and very young.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560760_437662036292080_625052768_n.jpg

Ok guys, time for the grind. Stop me from posting for the next three days. Gotta win that contest for Sagat.
Do I get a preview for feedback?

Haha, noted. I'm still gonna try to figure some shit out with it. I would love to ground Morrigan, even for just a few seconds.
Your opponent has to be on the ground, first. That's why it's not even worth considering. This is a game where people take to the air, especially when you have to mess with Dark Matter.

lol like kevo said, best username and avatar combo in a marvel thread ever. Welcome to GAF in general. Even if you're not PSN, feel free to contribute tech and talk, or just be a bunch of goofs like us. What's your main Chris team?

I'll laugh if you earn the tag "fuck the knicks"

Generally you need 300 posts and/or wait around 3 months I believe to become a full member

Haha, well the other av did have fuck the knicks in it, but I think I'm keeping this one for a while since I really like how smurf cleaned it up. My main Chris team is Chris(B)/Spencer(B)/Sent(A). The other two teams I use frequently are Wolverine/Morrigan/Doom and Doom/Dorm/Sent. Been trying to build a team for Modok and another team for Thor....it's been quite tough. Overall I kinda run the gamut with everyone.......except Tron.....fuck her.

It's a piece of crap.

Haha, noted. I'm still gonna try to figure some shit out with it. I would love to ground Morrigan, even for just a few seconds.

hypernima

Banned
I revised my old old team (Felicia Nemesis Doom) and made it Felicia Ryu Doom

I wish Felicia had a better assist though? Anyone here who use her know why when I do assist (Plasma Beam) Toy Touch it doesn't pick them up? It should no? Or is it cause the hits decay as my combo goes on?

(I know nothing about this game.)

I still play Tron/Frank btw.

shaowebb

Thought I'd drop this here since I'll be playing Injustice pretty damned hard and its relevant to you guys.
UXheX.jpg

shaowebb

Oh damn. Look like I am going to give it a try. Who is in your avatar?

Kamen Rider Skull :)
I've been all over this since they announced "All DC cast". I even made a bet that if Green Arrow got in I'd not only main him I'd dress as him and dance the Bernie.

ZmBxs.gif

I keep my promises. Even grew the curleh mustache. If The Ray made it I'd have no clue how to top this, but I'd have to. Im the only dude who knows him and I've followed him since 1993. Like Iron Fist he was in a first for me...my first DC comic ever. Justice League of America "Destiny's Hand pt1"

Roster so far:
Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Harely Quinn, Solomon Grundy, The Flash, Nightwing, Cyborg, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Green Lantern, The Joker, Bane, Lex Luthor, and Aquaman just got confirmed in a magazine article as playable. Also Doomsday, Sinestro, Shazam, and Ares have been seen in cutscenes as well though some aren't playable according to Boon. In addition Martian Manhunter and Robin's symbols are on the comic, but no word as to them being playable or cutscene only either.

So far its looking pretty good. They spent 2 years according to Urbano on netcode and stage hazards are actually fun for footsies, and if someone puts a hazard up that is too detrimental you can go for a stage transition to go somewhere else. Plus frame data is in the in game move list to view on start up, recovery, and other stuff.

Final verdict is still out of course until after its out and we can tear into all this and see just what they replaced the old version of clashes with that were used like breakers except with risk/reward elements. It was either being retooled or replaced. In either case lots of modes and some kind of new online mode is being added that Sanchez wont reveal. If anyone wants to play me once its out you'll know where to look...360.

Has anyone played an early build of Injustice yet? I assume it's going to play (control wise) Just like Mortal Kombat?

Couldn't stomach MK vs DC, MK9 though, was awesome. Still mulling over Injustice.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Kamen Rider Skull :)

Final verdict is still out of course until after its out and we can tear into all this and see just what they replaced the old version of clashes with that were used like breakers except with risk/reward elements. It was either being retooled or replaced. In either case lots of modes and some kind of new online mode is being added that Sanchez wont reveal. If anyone wants to play me once its out you'll know where to look...360.

Only problem I have with the game is that they added little too much batman characters. I was hoping that they would go for more variable in DC casts and series.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Skull's awesome except he probably did the worst thing I've ever seen in Toku

isAxWVOq5WKtv.gif

Has anyone played an early build of Injustice yet? I assume it's going to play (control wise) Just like Mortal Kombat?

Couldn't stomach MK vs DC, MK9 though, was awesome. Still mulling over Injustice.

I played it. A B C light, medium, heavy sort of dealy. D is some sort of character specific move, Nightwing switches stances, Flash slows down time etc etc

Solune

HAHAHA. PERFECT
Haha, well the other av did have fuck the knicks in it, but I think I'm keeping this one for a while since I really like how smurf cleaned it up. My main Chris team is Chris(B)/Spencer(B)/Sent(A). The other two teams I use frequently are Wolverine/Morrigan/Doom and Doom/Dorm/Sent. Been trying to build a team for Modok and another team for Thor....it's been quite tough. Overall I kinda run the gamut with everyone.......except Tron.....fuck her.
Ahh Team GCYoshi, not a bad team at all. Overall cool picks. What's wrong with Tron? I find her one of the more likeable characters in the game and she has to work for her ToDs haha.
I revised my old old team (Felicia Nemesis Doom) and made it Felicia Ryu Doom

I wish Felicia had a better assist though? Anyone here who use her know why when I do assist (Plasma Beam) Toy Touch it doesn't pick them up? It should no? Or is it cause the hits decay as my combo goes on?

(I know nothing about this game.)

I still play Tron/Frank btw.

Do you mean the Plasma Beam isn't hitting after doing Toy Touch? If so then yes it sounds like hitstun is too high. You'll want to use Sand Splash instead to OTG into the Plasma Beam.

mr. puppy

Banned
injustice is like the only fighting gaming coming out anytime soon, and marvel 3 is now stale and basically dead competitively. i hope it will be good too, but the last time Ed Boon had the DC characters it was an awful game.

one_kill

Any comments on my team of Dorm (purification), Vergil (rapid slash), and Sent (drones)? I'm a fairly noob player, but I kind of like how my team works.

Any comments on my team of Dorm (purification), Vergil (rapid slash), and Sent (drones)? I'm a fairly noob player, but I kind of like how my team works.

Sent can work as an Anchor, but way too many bad matches at the end. I'd say switch Vergil and Sent's spot and that's solid.

HAHAHA. PERFECT

Ahh Team GCYoshi, not a bad team at all. Overall cool picks. What's wrong with Tron? I find her one of the more likeable characters in the game and she has to work for her ToDs haha.

I should probably check out some GCYoshi vids. Didn't know anyone ran that team. I guess I'm still bitter about Tron because of always getting destroyed by her in vanilla. I also hate how she flops around like a jackass whenever I have her in a combo and just falls out of it. I can understand having to change your combos and combo timing for someone like Rocket Raccoon, but at least he dies instantly. Tron has health for days and I have to shorten my combos to make sure they work usually. Guess it's one of her few advantages and no matter how much I hate her I wouldn't want that to change since she already kind of sucks against a lot of characters.

I should probably check out some GCYoshi vids. Didn't know anyone ran that team. I guess I'm still bitter about Tron because of always getting destroyed by her in vanilla. I also hate how she flops around like a jackass whenever I have her in a combo and just falls out of it. I can understand having to change your combos and combo timing for someone like Rocket Raccoon, but at least he dies instantly. Tron has health for days and I have to shorten my combos to make sure they work usually. Guess it's one of her few advantages and no matter how much I hate her I wouldn't want that to change since she already kind of sucks against a lot of characters.

Do it, he's amazing. I started playing Chris because of him.

I would rather have sentinel as anchor on that team, at least sentinel can escape incoming mixups with harddrive while vergil just drops in like a brick lol.

Good point. Sent anchor means drone support for Vergil which is nice too. However, Vergil is just absolute beast as Anchor, so I'd still prefer him last.

SmokeMaxX

I would rather have sentinel as anchor on that team, at least sentinel can escape incoming mixups with harddrive while vergil just drops in like a brick lol.

That's why Sentinel shouldn't be anchor.
You lose your first character, Sent hard drives in. You bide your time until you can get Vergil in (i.e. Hyper Sentinel Force DHC Devil Trigger). Otherwise after you lose your character, you can potentially lose Vergil for free and then be left with anchor Sentinel. Even if you hard drive in, Sentinel's still going to get bopped sooner or later.

That's my philosophy on playing Sentinel anyway.

EDIT: I'm all for having your "anchor" being backed up by drones, but I think having Sentinel second gives you the best end game since it usually lets you bring in your third character on your own terms. Alternatively, if Sentinel dies, you're left with level 3 x factor Vergil which isn't worse than level 3 x factor Sent.

my wesker/doom/vergil team is pretty fraudulent...

I'm trying to switch out wesker for magneto, but ROM loops on vita are proving difficult. I've been going with super jump, air dash down, medium into heavy instead of heavy into heavy (much more forgiving)

My mixups are almost none existent at this point. I have down 2 of the TAC combos down with doom (side and down) which is a big help. can't really do virgil loops on the vita without changing buttons but that makes my other 2 characters almost unplayable.

any suggestions?

Excellent dance shaowebb. I, too, love "the Bernie".

i'm not being sarcrastic. the best players don't like the game and aren't motivated to learn it, and we're stuck with morridoom winning everything b/c nobody cares enough to develop a counter (if it even exists)
I think you're just getting bored of the game.

FSLink

Banned

I'm trying to switch out wesker for magneto, but ROM loops on vita are proving difficult. I've been going with super jump, air dash down, medium into heavy instead of heavy into heavy (much more forgiving)

My mixups are almost none existent at this point. I have down 2 of the TAC combos down with doom (side and down) which is a big help. can't really do virgil loops on the vita without changing buttons but that makes my other 2 characters almost unplayable.

any suggestions?

IMO I wouldn't try to make the Vita version your main game. I'd stick with Wesker if you're going to keep playing on the Vita "seriously". It's kind of difficult to play on the Vita without the two extra shoulders and the cramped buttons/d-pad (I find them comfortable but for a game like Marvel it doesn't work the best). I can do Vergil loops on it using the "claw" method without having to change button settings, so give that a try.

shaowebb

Figured I'd answer this then leave and let you get back on topic.

There was a tourney in germany and the last early build had CD jr playing as Green Arrow vs Catwoman played by NRS. Its hold back to block though and not a dedicated block button in Injustice. Controls are LMH (Gimmick Button) with the latter used to do your gimmick, Flash slows time, Green Arrow changes between trick arrows, several dudes change playstyles, Superman gets a buff, Grundy does a chain grapple that self buffs on hit, etc...
It does have EX attacks, and some sort of undisclosed breaker system in it along with hypers, but 2 lifebars and way wider stages. If you liked MK9 its similar, but faster with longer stuff and different things like good ol crossups, trades, and none of the 1st hit initiative stuff.

JeTmAn81

A question of mechanics. Which one has higher priority, a command grab or a regular throw? For instance, if I'm playing Wesker and I have a lockdown assist, that gives me a great opportunity to use my 1-frame command grab. If they're on the ground being pinned by the assist, then if the grab is timed perfectly to activate right when blockstun ends they have 1 frame or less to counter it.

I'm not sure if the grab can get them at frame zero after blockstun wears off or if it takes at least one frame. But I've been trying to figure out which options somebody could use to beat that command grab. Regular throws are 1 frame, so technically if somebody mashed out a regular throw versus that command grab, which one would win?

I think there also should be a way to use X-Factor to cancel the blockstun from the assist and do something a little earlier, and assists can be called which could interfere with continuing the combo after the grab. I'm not sure if raw tags beat it.

Solune

Guess I will have to save my Vergil buff list for when you come back, Karst.
Dorm and Vergil have good synergy and Drones is great on any team. Problem is both your point character and second are meter hogs. IMO I'd run the team with Vergil on point DHC to Dorm for kills. Karst has tech for that duo since he used to run it. Unfortunately he is gone for now... I'll tweet him to see how long his ban is.
GCYoshi is great, unfortunately he got mauled in the Socal vs Norcal and didn't get to show off his stuff because of the abysmal Magneto matchup. Worst matchup in the game for Chris IMO. Here's a video of him vs Shadyk

Ahh that's true about Tron, her hurtbox is weird when comboing her, even though she's so large she drops out of normal stuff all the time.

any suggestions?

If you're playing on the Vita version and can't do the loops, I'd still keep Vergil anchor and do his regular Bnbs. Sounds like the control scheme/version is affecting you more than the actual team itself. What assist are you running with for Doom?

JeTmAn81

Whoever has the greater grab range would typically win and not much can stop a command grab outside of XFC into some type of quick normal or hyper.

In the case of Wesker's Mustang Kick, you pretty much need to be right next to them. I think that all three versions, though they have varying ranges, are probably within regular throw range for most characters. What I do with my Wesker team is put them in blockstun from Dante's Weasel Shot on the ground, then get as close as I can by wavedashing, then dashing up into the grab right next to them right when blockstun wears off.

I don't think I've ever had anybody beat that if I've timed it correctly, but then I rarely pull it off in actual matches. I want to avoid thinking of that option as unbeatable, though, and be aware of the possible counters.

What did Karst get banned for? I'd assume it's a week long thing. Anyway I'm going to start recording that Vajra stuff.

Just because you got banned doesn't mean you can't finish your tourney matches either.

JeTmAn81

Well what to watch for are XFC into invulnearable moves or EX seismo, crossover counters, and character who can mash H with a retarded grab range like Hulk but for most part that is one of Wesker's redeeming factor. And why people need to run Bolts with Wesker. He has a great grab game.

Yeah, that's a good list of stuff. I can definitely see someone XFC-ing into an EX Seismo or Doom's Time to beat it, but that would probably be a last ditch move, which would be unlikely to happen against my team since even if Wesker dies, you've blown your X-Factor and now you have to face Dante/Strider.

The only good Wesker is a Wesker that gets lots of command grabs, IMO. Yipes, the best Wesker (aka Bestker), gets them all the time.

Azure J

Wait, Karst is banned? Self ban or--

Well what to watch for are XFC into invulnearable moves or EX seismo, crossover counters, and character who can mash H with a retarded grab range like Hulk but for most part that is one of Wesker's redeeming factor. And why people need to run Bolts with Wesker. He has a great grab game.

EDIT: Karst got banned for this:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46599679&postcount=54

Ohhh... Yeesh, not too classy there.

Top Bottom