• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

FSLink

Banned
Well what to watch for are XFC into invulnearable moves or EX seismo, crossover counters, and character who can mash H with a retarded grab range like Hulk but for most part that is one of Wesker's redeeming factor. And why people need to run Bolts with Wesker. He has a great grab game.

Yep. Been saying for awhile Bolts is awesome with Wesker.
I still haven't figured out the best 3rd member for that team though.
Dorm, Doom, and Vergil all work really well. Strider does too but Strange doesn't get much off of his assist aside from another super iirc.
Hawkeye and Iron Man would also work well too.

Sigmaah

Does Zero have a TAC infinite? I remember hearing about it but every time I search on YouTube, shit doesn't pop up. I need to learn it!

Does Zero have a TAC infinite? I remember hearing about it but every time I search on YouTube, shit doesn't pop up. I need to learn it!

Not that we know of. And why are you trying to learn a TAC infinite with zero? Lighting loops is much easier and more efficient. TAC combos tend to be dropped just because you need so many reps due to the low damage.

Since you're talking about TAC I'm assuming you have Zero as 2nd? You can DHC into lighting loops as well. The only difference is instead of starting with jump buster you TK the first lighting then you can go into jump buster and do the standard.

FSLink

Banned

Yeah and aside from the DHC stuff into lightning loop, you can easily L teleport, dash up S, j.dH S, Dive Kick H xx Lv3 Buster -> loop too from any TAC direction.
The infinite is a lot harder to do than this.

Also Wesker/Dr. Strange/Frank West or Wesker/Frank West/Dr. Strange? Considering this team as a new alt. Or maybe I could even do Dr. Strange/Wesker/Frank West. Use Frank to confirm and do IP loops, knock them down, pick up with Wesker assist and start Flame loop?

I don't think that thread was controversial like at all.
Yeah glad I didn't post in there like I was going to. I think I'm just gonna stay out of OT until my junior status is gone.

A question of mechanics. Which one has higher priority, a command grab or a regular throw? For instance, if I'm playing Wesker and I have a lockdown assist, that gives me a great opportunity to use my 1-frame command grab. If they're on the ground being pinned by the assist, then if the grab is timed perfectly to activate right when blockstun ends they have 1 frame or less to counter it.

I'm not sure if the grab can get them at frame zero after blockstun wears off or if it takes at least one frame. But I've been trying to figure out which options somebody could use to beat that command grab. Regular throws are 1 frame, so technically if somebody mashed out a regular throw versus that command grab, which one would win?

I think there also should be a way to use X-Factor to cancel the blockstun from the assist and do something a little earlier, and assists can be called which could interfere with continuing the combo after the grab. I'm not sure if raw tags beat it.

In my experience a command grab will beat a normal grab every time...or at least after a grab tech. Whenever I face a team with Hulk on point and if I happen to have Morrigan on point when the match is starting, Hulk and Morrigan will be walking into each other just waiting to make sweet love until the match starts and then the throw tech happens and then I get my command grab off every single time. It might be exclusive to Morrigan though, I'm not sure. I've never tested it with anyone else. Wish Karst was here cause I'm sure he could answer.

Dahbomb

Christ almighty for that!? Don't agree with him but I hardly see how that ban worthy. I don't see how that was thread derailment.
It was an insensitive post no matter how you dice it. It's a thread about someone dying and he comes in basically says "not a single fuck given". The abortion comment was the icing on the cake, there was no need to bring that up either.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Stay away from talking about controversial topics on the OT.
I hope Karst's ban isn't perma or anything...
It was an insensitive post no matter how you dice it. It's a thread about someone dying and he comes in basically says "not a single fuck given". The abortion comment was the icing on the cake, there was no need to bring that up either.
All truth right here.

Sigmaah

Not that we know of. And why are you trying to learn a TAC infinite with zero? Lighting loops is much easier and more efficient. TAC combos tend to be dropped just because you need so many reps due to the low damage.

Since you're talking about TAC I'm assuming you have Zero as 2nd? You can DHC into lighting loops as well. The only difference is instead of starting with jump buster you TK the first lighting then you can go into jump buster and do the standard.

Lightning Loop just annoys me, I can do it but it drops for me sometimes, can't really "trust" it online haha, same with a TAC infinite but its fun to learn that type of stuff. I usually put zero on point but I'm gonna start playing him 2nd.

Yeah and aside from the DHC stuff into lightning loop, you can easily L teleport, dash up S, j.dH S, Dive Kick H xx Lv3 Buster -> loop too from any TAC direction.
The infinite is a lot harder to do than this.

Also Wesker/Dr. Strange/Frank West or Wesker/Frank West/Dr. Strange? Considering this team as a new alt. Or maybe I could even do Dr. Strange/Wesker/Frank West. Use Frank to confirm and do IP loops, knock them down, pick up with Wesker assist and start Flame loop?

I like strange for 3rd for them XF3 comebacks, I dunno if frank would be viable unless he's like level 3 or higher for XF3, but that's just what I feel.

GCYoshi is great, unfortunately he got mauled in the Socal vs Norcal and didn't get to show off his stuff because of the abysmal Magneto matchup. Worst matchup in the game for Chris IMO. Here's a video of him vs Shadyk

Ahh that's true about Tron, her hurtbox is weird when comboing her, even though she's so large she drops out of normal stuff all the time.

Oh man that shit he did on incoming Vergil at 5:50......yeah I just stole that. I do have a lot of trouble with Magneto but Wolverine gives me even more problems. I guess it's because Wolverine is so one dimensional and that one dimension is rushdown fuckery and it's just very difficult for me to deal with unless I can create space at some point....and there are many times when I don't get the opportunity to do that. At least with Mags I can sometimes catch him and the assist with a magnum shot when he does a poorly timed disruptor.

JeTmAn81

In my experience a command grab will beat a normal grab every time...or at least after a grab tech. Whenever I face a team with Hulk on point and if I happen to have Morrigan on point when the match is starting, Hulk and Morrigan will be walking into each other just waiting to make sweet love until the match starts and then the throw tech happens and then I get my command grab off every single time. It might be exclusive to Morrigan though, I'm not sure. I've never tested it with anyone else. Wish Karst was here cause I'm sure he could answer.

Yeah, I know about this but I never do it. I really need to try it more often. It's harder when you're playing online to time your attack to start right at the beginning of the match. Anybody know what the recovery time on a teched regular throw is?

Yea I totally don't agree with him and it was very hateful, but wasn't the ban for thread derailment and not actually for being a dick.

Ha ha ha. Wow. That made my ngiht.

Marz

Lightning Loop just annoys me, I can do it but it drops for me sometimes, can't really "trust" it online haha, same with a TAC infinite but its fun to learn that type of stuff. I usually put zero on point but I'm gonna start playing him 2nd.

I like strange for 3rd for them XF3 comebacks, I dunno if frank would be viable unless he's like level 3 or higher for XF3, but that's just what I feel.

Strange Xfactor 3 comebacks? Don't think those exist...

FSLink

Banned
Strange Xfactor 3 comebacks? Don't think those exist...

I can definitely pull these off, people who play me can vouch for that, I'll probably keep Strange in back since he's probably my strongest anchor character...though I can use Frank West on anchor just fine I feel. Strange is just so much fun too in the back. He has way too many loops. Teleports, FoF, Impact Palm, Mystic Sword loops, etc. Frank in back gives Strange an easier way to get in though, and it's really easy confirming off of the shopping cart into loops.

Dahbomb

YoLYJ39.jpg

Just spotted this on the 'ol Facebook.

Guess they are hearing us loud and clear now. Wonder how they will act on it though?

I guess it's time to spam the Marvel FB page then.

I guess it's time to spam the Marvel FB page then.
*desperate players bother Nitsuma*
"Sorry, I don't have any say in the matter."
*bothers Capcom*
"Sorry, it's out of our hands thanks to Marvel."
*bothers Marvel*
"Hey cool!"
*Facebook makes a random message*
TIME TO BUG FACEBOOK

Someone on PSN ask Karst how long his ban is!
Maybe you can reach him on SRK. I could have sworn that he is pretty active there.
*bothers Capcom*
*bothers Marvel*
"Hey cool!"
TIME TO BUG FACEBOOK
I had half a mind to photoshop "and that kids, was the first time I sucked dick for Mahvel DLC" into a Tyrone Biggums picture when I read this lol. We are an insatiable bunch.

*bothers Capcom*
*bothers Marvel*
"Hey cool!"
TIME TO BUG FACEBOOK

Bravo.

Somebody fill up Zuckerberg's FB feed.

Also, I won a small local with Cap/IM/Nova. Team Apply Directly To Forehead. This team is hilarious because it's so anti-theory -- it just shouts FUQ YO SETUPS. Trolling along with their VAs is mad fun as well (Cap the boy scout manchild, Stark the robut, and Nova the omega-douche).

I'm beginning to truly see just how dumb Nova really is. Abnormally effective at what he does.

Solune

Yah he does
Oh man that shit he did on incoming Vergil at 5:50......yeah I just stole that. I do have a lot of trouble with Magneto but Wolverine gives me even more problems. I guess it's because Wolverine is so one dimensional and that one dimension is rushdown fuckery and it's just very difficult for me to deal with unless I can create space at some point....and there are many times when I don't get the opportunity to do that. At least with Mags I can sometimes catch him and the assist with a magnum shot when he does a poorly timed disruptor.

Wolverine is a nightmare too but at least mines stuff his ground approach. Magnus just tridashes with whatever button he wants and then he's like lawls mines don't hurt me fool. And I always get nailed by disruptor before my magnum goes off. I mean yes, Chris can ToD Magnus from a solid hit but good luck with that!

Top Bottom