• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

vg260

I heard plenty of talks from top players about a balance patch at scr, specifically NorCal group. Not saying it's real but I hope they aren't trolling.

Seeing as both companies have repeatedly confirmed nothing in the works, I don't believe it. I'm sure all sorts of rumors get started at these things. There's no reason to believe anything will be updated.

DON'T BELIEVE THEIR FUCKING LIES!!!

But I want to!!! :*(

Edit: Another realization came to me at SCR. I always knew they played on "lagless" monitors at these tourneys and never thought it would be a big deal. Man, did I learn the hard way. I didn't get to practice on their setups prior to my match due to there being not being any stations set up. I couldn't even hit Nova combos because my timing was way off....NOVA COMBOS for crying out loud! Oh well it's good to know for next time.

shaowebb

Well, now that it's too late for anyone to counter-pick, I can reveal that my entry was in fact, Sagat.

What kind of monster? I'd like a visual description more than anything else since its a contest to win UDON art of your idea.

BTW: Crossover fans Project X Zone is getting localized Join the hype so you finally got another Capcom Crossover :D

Dahbomb

We've been hearing these rumors since like Norcal of last year or even before that. Unless I hear more concrete information than "x character is being nerfed/buffed" or see a solid release date on its announcement/release... it's fucking bull shit and people should call out these rumor spreaders.

Or we could just wait for Chris Schmidt to join the Brawl.

I'm going to re-post this and add to it each day until I've covered the entirety of the cast. This is based off the current "how to fix Marvel" series of posts in the FGW thread.

For reference:
RE Chun Li:
Can we please move her EX Spinning bird Kick onto S? Because if you wanted a regular you literally could not get it. Reduce its charge time to normal Spinning Bird Kick time too and get rid of that stupid glowing.

mr. puppy

Banned
Watching Angelic play really makes me want to try out Firebrand/Dorm/Shuma. I really like Dante in anchor, but I fell that Dorm is just too slow to convert off of Jam Session or keep heavy pressure with it sometimes.

I actually went through GAF and found Dahbomb and Karst talking about the team a long while ago.

Solune

Watching Angelic play really makes me want to try out Firebrand/Dorm/Shuma. I really like Dante in anchor, but I fell that Dorm is just too slow to convert off of Jam Session or keep heavy pressure with it sometimes.

I actually went through GAF and found Dahbomb and Karst talking about the team a long while ago.
I think Jam session is à better défensive tool for Dorm than an offensive one.
Wow I can't believe Project X Zone is getting localized.

Fuck yeah, im glad they were willing to localize it even with no dubbing. Godlike and megaman living on.

Dahbomb

So I have been thinking about this FChamp patch business. I don't have any stock in it being true but FChamps picks as of late have been very peculiar. Peculiar in the sense that even after getting his Phoenix trumped so many times he still sticks it out with her. That match against Apologyman was where I gave it some serious thought because I know that FChamp knows Skrull and Frank can body a Phoenix team. There was no fucking reason for him to pick Phoenix.

If characters like Morrigan and Vergil are nerfed with Phoenix left alone that would make the meta game favor Phoenix more. Some could interpret this as a long term strategy by FChamp. I don't know, just some food for thought.

But I want to!!! :*(

Edit: Another realization came to me at SCR. I always knew they played on "lagless" monitors at these tourneys and never thought it would be a big deal. Man, did I learn the hard way. I didn't get to practice on their setups prior to my match due to there being not being any stations set up. I couldn't even hit Nova combos because my timing was way off....NOVA COMBOS for crying out loud! Oh well it's good to know for next time.

why don't you head out to UCI sessions on tuesdays? after you go a few times it should convince you to get a monitor; it did for me when i couldn't land SF4 links for shit, since i was used to playing on my big tv.

So I have been thinking about this FChamp patch business. I don't have any stock in it being true but FChamps picks as of late have been very peculiar. Peculiar in the sense that even after getting his Phoenix trumped so many times he still sticks it out with her. That match against Apologyman was where I gave it some serious thought because I know that FChamp knows Skrull and Frank can body a Phoenix team. There was no fucking reason for him to pick Phoenix.

If characters like Morrigan and Vergil are nerfed with Phoenix left alone that would make the meta game favor Phoenix more. Some could interpret this as a long term strategy by FChamp. I don't know, just some food for thought.

Would be hilarious if true. But does this mean Dorm got nerf since he's opting to not go with Dorm? What about Doom? He's still using Doom, so this mean no nerf for Doom?

Dahbomb

Well luckily you already forfeited the bet.
I know I did that's besides the point. Even if Capcom does release a patch before EVO, I have still lost it.

But that's not gonna stop me from fucking putting so many people on blast and going ape shit. You already know who I am going to put on blast first... his name starts with S and ends in a "vensson".

Would be hilarious if true. But does this mean Dorm got nerf since he's opting to not go with Dorm? What about Doom? He's still using Doom, so this mean no nerf for Doom?
I thought about that too and I can't help but wonder all these people at FGTV using Rocks and shit could be a hint at Hidden Missiles nerf. I don't think Doom is going to be nerfed that bad if there are nerfs on him.. he will still be a godly support character with solid point capability. I mean if you think about it a nerf to Hidden Missiles is a nerf to Dorm as well.

kirblar

I heard plenty of talks from top players about a balance patch at scr, specifically NorCal group. Not saying it's real but I hope they aren't trolling.
The sudden change in tone at Capcom is a hand tip that something's going on. I suspect the incoming IPL announcement and subsequent exposure for the game may have given them an impetus to go back and fix issues in the game, since things like the TAC infinites aren't really the sort of things that lead to good PR.

Dahbomb

The sudden change in tone at Capcom is a hand tip that something's going on. I suspect the incoming IPL announcement and subsequent exposure for the game may have given them an impetus to go back and fix issues in the game, since things like the TAC infinites aren't really the sort of things that lead to good PR.
Oh man I forgot about IPL. Yeah when they didn't announce Marvel with IPL to start with (yet Mike Ross basically hinting it will come soon) I smelled shenanigans.

Yeah at SCR the Doom infinites were getting too over the top.

FChamp literally knows nothing about a patch. Your conspiracy theories are getting a little ridiculous now.
Lupinko would of told us by now.

kirblar

Oh man I forgot about IPL. Yeah when they didn't announce Marvel with IPL to start with I smelled shenanigans.
When "SF4 2013?" got floated, I just chalked it up to the japanese arcade revenue model and the lack of a new release until (likely) DS4. But then when Marvel started getting that same type of feedback, it suddenly started painting a different light.
They announce thing at IPL?

When does that start?
They've only announced SF4/SFxT so far, but Marvel's been heavily implied. It makes sense to start with the two games that share a playerbase (and in SFxT's case, the game Capcom makes the most money off promoting.)

FChamp literally knows nothing about a patch. Your conspiracy theories are getting a little ridiculous now.
Lupinko would of told us by now.

God damn, this right here. Champ even admitted ON STREAM that he loves to troll people, and yet the same Marvel Minions™ are getting in line to take the bait.

Any of you watch the IPL/IGN interviews? They talk about SFxT way too much. I mean damn they really shoving this shit down our throats. IPL is going to suck.... except for the AE part.

vg260

I think people are clinging to false hope. What they've been saying is pretty clear. It's much different than the "no comment" and "nothing to say" stuff between vanilla and Ultimate. They've flat out said they're done with updates and no contract is in place, not just that they need to ask for our continued patience. It's been about as clear as it can be.

kirblar

God damn, this right here. Champ even admitted ON STREAM that he loves to troll people, and yet the same Marvel Minions™ are getting in line to take the bait.
He keeps saying things "will be patched" that are blatantly obvious changes in the event the game gets an update. It's amusing to watch people take it seriously.

shaowebb

Sorry, I'm still keeping it a secret. To be honest, I did the whole thing from beginning to end yesterday as a kind of challenge to myself, but all the research I did beforehand helped a lot.

But I will give you guys a different type of preview. This is for you, Karst, wherever you are.

That...doesn't make any sense. Why? Contest is over dude. We'll know the winner on the 25th. Just tell us what kind of monster it was. Theres no need for secrecy because no one can gank your idea from you or anything so spill it what kind of monster did you choose?

Dahbomb

FChamp doesn't know shit, don't believe his fucking lies.

I am talking about hypothetical shit here. I mean it's either that or talk about how stupid Hidden Missiles are.

Maybe it's a long term troll to get Chris G to switch his team.
I also thought this was a possibility. Spread rumors about a patch on top characters making people wary of picking top tiers in case of nerf bat. In any case ChrisG isn't biting so whatever his plan is, it's failing hard.

What I don't get is why people don't call FChamp out on his shit. It's not like he's Sven, we know where he fucking lives, we know his stream... just start harassing him until he cops to his fucking lie.

Azure J

I don't get it either. I mean, I'm hopelessly optimistic and love to jump in on a joke related to something new developing, but I just can't get down with F.Champ claiming anything because of his explicit desire to troll.

That...doesn't make any sense. Why? Contest is over dude. We'll know the winner on the 25th. Just tell us what kind of monster it was. Theres no need for secrecy because no one can gank your idea from you or anything so spill it what kind of monster did you choose?

Because I thought it'd be more fun :-(

But yeah, it's a bioluminescent Cthulhu.

If a patch does ever happen, I'm just glad I play shitty/average characters as well. I don't think they'll nerf Thor, Felicia, Iron Man, Chris, Sentinel, Modok. Or at least I hope not, but who knows.....Capcom loves to make shitty decisions. Incoming Vergil buffs.

why don't you head out to UCI sessions on tuesdays? after you go a few times it should convince you to get a monitor; it did for me when i couldn't land SF4 links for shit, since i was used to playing on my big tv.

I'm now seriously considering this. I don't go because most nights I would rather be at home drinking a beer and watching my Lakers get their asses handed to them instead.

Nert

Apology Man was an absolute blast to watch yesterday. I think that I'm going to mess around with a Skrull/Frank/Arthur alt team.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spiderman hitstun and damage scaling glitch. This is pretty damn cool, hitstun AND damage scaling reset upon hitting Maximum Spider on the first hit of a multi-hitting assist. Could be huge.

There has been no sudden change in tone at Capcom, don't be fooled by PR telling you they still care about you.

Top Bottom