• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Vice

I've been playing Infrit's Nova/Spencer/Doom team, with beam. I'm thinking... why don't I just go missiles? I get better lockdown, I get 2 extra 80k's for Spencer. I know I'm "supposed" to go with beam, so I go with it, but I should probably give it a try.

Try rocks. It's interesting with Nova.

Zak Bennet has replaced Dorm with Doom on his team.

The army keeps on growing.

Beam, missiles or rocks? I've been playing some Firebrand Doom and it's hard to choose but I think beam is probably the best for most matchups. I can't find a decent unblockable setup for missiles which is surprising.

Azure J

I'm not sure those Dante/Strider teams are that great. They're good, sure, but have serious problems against the better grounded opponents (Wolvie/Vergil/Viper) and really don't do damage.

Can't agree with the Dante/Strider analysis. That core is far too well rounded to be anything but excellent. Damage isn't always about how much you do outright in a combo either. I'll take a team composition that lets me set up an additional and guaranteed 100K in free chip or a 250K reset via positioning post 800K+ combo and the continued ability to run nutty ass mix ups and resets with Dante/Strider or Strider/Dante over what most other shells provide. Also helps that XF2 is baby XF3 for both characters and they can run trains through things as a result.

The true issue it has though is that beam assists are annoying to deal with at times.

You always need a lightning loop. Dahbomb hates the argument, but you need everything the little robot has because his HP is too low in the current meta.

I intentionally stayed away from the LL forever, but now that I'm actually trying to do it..

Even when I fail it, which is often, especially going to the left, it does so much damage it's retarded. That's not the main benefit, though.

The main benefit is being able to do it even on weird, random hits that you're not ready to do your normal big combo with.

I'm definitely going to learn it. I always said I would since I wanted to have the knowledge handy, but I'm trying to get down neutral and movement first. I want to have my Zero move like Flux's.

On a tangent, Z's solo corner carry combos are so finicky I swear. What's the second easiest one after the Sentsuizan H version midscreen? I know DarkHadou's method too and while it's effective, I need to learn how to space certain buttons properly. I also want the info because I want to confirm any hit into a combo because isn't that what Zero does? :p

Azure teach me useless style combo with Dante and I'll give you that robot.

But I don't do useless style. I do optimized style. ;)

GGs to onion, first time pulling out my new Vergil. Still having a lot of trouble controlling him but the felicia matchup is much better than with Wesker.

onionfrog

Good Games God's Beard!

I think I liked your Wesker/Vergil/Magneto team the best out of the ones you used.
The phoenix team worked pretty well as long as you could get the five bars.
My favorite moment was when you were doing phoenix's XF3 infinite and cancelled into Phoenix Rage... Only for me to pop out of the combo due to hitstun deterioration and take the game.

Also FYI, anytime i try to do a raw gimlet with Hawkeye, the super freeze animation for any super*(IIRC) will beat it out. So you could've avoided me chipping you out a few times.

Additonally I am jealous of your mag blast loops and flight combos with magneto, I cant pull off anything close to that complicated.

It wasn't because of hitstun deterioration, I canceled the last trap into super before the trap actually came out. Messing up a lot of stuff in general because I haven't played in a week. Dat XCOM vortex.

There's literally like 8 ways you can corner carry with Zero.

You have the Richard/Flux version where you already mentioned.
You can go down H > M buster lighting version.
You can do the Drew Grimey H lighting cancel dash down run up S corner carry.
You can do the classic (only Killer Kai still does this) which is just MMH, M, jump M M buster (you can add H if you like).
I know you play with Jam Sessino so you can do the really lazy MMHS, call Jam Session, jump Sentsuizan, land, DP, buster , lighting (I call this the Megaman Steve).
You can just do two ground rep of LMH, which already puts them at mid screen.
You can do the day one vanilla (you really shouldn't be doing this) which is just MM, buster dash down run up S.

Then there's like 20382803 other ways with assist like HM, Drones, etc...

Or you can be like Marn and just do the side switch combo which is easier than everything above.

P.S I think I've learned all of Dante's optimized stuff already. I want STYLE NOW! I need to mess around with DT.

onionfrog

It wasn't because of hitstun deterioration, I canceled the last trap into super before the trap actually came out. Messing up a lot of stuff in general because I haven't played in a week.
Ah, that makes sense.
I dropped all kinds of stuff too, especially after snapping phoenix in, I couldn't even manage to confirm one combo.

By the way, helm breaker backed by EMD and round trip is too godlike. I think I can get 4 round trips in a combo without using meter. What's the best Vergil combo?

My BnB:

H xx Stinger+A2(EMD) xx teleport M/L, HS, jHS, A1(low shot), Round Trip, 2H xx Judgment Cut L, 2H xx Stinger xx Teleport M, 2HSH xx Round Trip, 2H xx Judgment Cut L, 2H xx Lunar Phase, 3H
does like 600k meterless

Solune

By the way, helm breaker backed by EMD and round trip is too godlike. I think I can get 4 round trips in a combo without using meter. What's the best Vergil combo?

My BnB:

H xx Stinger+A2(EMD) xx teleport M/L, HS, jHS, A1(low shot), Round Trip, 2H xx Judgment Cut L, 2H xx Stinger xx Teleport M, 2HSH xx Round Trip, 2H xx Judgment Cut L, 2H xx Lunar Phase, 3H
does like 600k meterless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7g_lq_5t6Q

My highest was breaking 800k meterless with Strange / Hawkeye. I don't break it in that video though.

---

Ok that triple magnetic blast and magnetic blast / disruptor was pretty sick.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
my level 3 x-factor combo is jump MH xx Mag Blast over and over, which kills faster than these ones.

my bnb is based off the alioune combo, which works midscreen and does more damage than those two.
But does the combo look sexier though? That's what matters.

Thanks for the games :) I liked your Nova, Task chemistry. My team's not so much about chemistry but characters I like. Need an arcade stick too! Too many missed directions on pad.

Oh, and poor Phoenix. lol. Time to eat for me. nom nom.

Heh GGs man. It's a new team for me, so my akuma is still lacking, but I really like the dhc synergy between nova and task. I think your teams are all good and viable, but you might want to switch the order around or pick a different combination to maximize your team potential. Maybe you can ask someone on here to help you pick the best team. Hah I got a lot of experience against slasher's PW so I had a good gameplan in mind.

Infinite

Beam, missiles or rocks? I've been playing some Firebrand Doom and it's hard to choose but I think beam is probably the best for most matchups. I can't find a decent unblockable setup for missiles which is surprising.

He plays the team with beam.

Hey, can someone here explain to me this supposed throw tech glitch or trick.

Dahbomb

Just replace Vergil then.
Vergil already does what Raiden does but better. Has teleports, doesn't need to break dance to slice all around him (he summons swords like a boss) and has Devil Trigger.

Plus Vergil has taken the mantle of "heel" of the game. People are going to cheer against Vergil like they did with Phoenix.

Top Bottom