• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Zissou

I thought this was as old as Vanilla? Basically, since Hidden Missiles is a command normal input, as soon as you alpha counter in, you can cancel it into any special he has since he's grounded and said move is a normal.

Point hidden missiles is normally only cancellable into THC or via xfactor- it's not special -ancellable.

Solune

Why aren't more people playing Captain America/Vergil/Strider? That team is so good.
I think more people should pick Captain America in general, his buffs make him completely playable now.
I thought this was as old as Vanilla? Basically, since Hidden Missiles is a command normal input, as soon as you alpha counter in, you can cancel it into any special he has since he's grounded and said move is a normal.

Actually I remember it being slightly nerfed from Vanilla. S-Kill's Doom tech was to Alpha Counter in and hit back and H and he would be able to back throw / call missiles option select but they removed the throw ability during his alpha counter.

Sigmaah

CaZbaR19 posted...
Marvel is only gonna give you 3 females next game release..
3 of them are on your list.

You'll have to be satisfied with Capcom showing love for the ladies...

yyz668 posted...
And you know this how?

CaZbaR19 posted...
I've stated before more Marvel is coming in 2014.
I already know the entire character list..
The next game will make Marvel feel like mugen with all the characters.
Alot more series representation on the Capcom side.

Thread on GFaqs about someone wanting more girls for marvel, then this guy says this. We've talked about this guy before I believe. He provides more insight to the supposedly 2014 Marvel "expansion"

Dahbomb

Thread on GFaqs about someone wanting more girls for marvel, then this guy says this. We've talked about this guy before I believe. He provides more insight to the supposedly 2014 Marvel "expansion"
HHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAAHAHHAAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Do I NEED to bust out the fucking gif?

dont-believe-his-lies.jpg

Dahbomb

Well just for the hypothetical LULZ I would imagine the 3 females from Marvel side to be Scarlet Witch, Black Widow and maybe Ms Marvel or Psylocke.

Got a link to the post so I can see what the wishlist was? That would make it easier to deduce.

Sigmaah

Well just for the hypothetical LULZ I would imagine the 3 females from Marvel side to be Scarlet Witch, Black Widow and maybe Ms Marvel or Psylocke.

Got a link to the post so I can see what the wishlist was? That would make it easier to deduce.

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/65195143

Jubilee
Squirrel girl
Scarlet witch
Dazzler
Black cat
Fire star
Spider woman
Dagger
Ms marvel
Shadowcat
Emma frost
Mockingbird
Aurora
Black widow
Elektra
Marvel girl
Lionheart
Wasp
Thundra
Callisto
Tigra
Hellcat
Invisible woman
Pixie
Hope summers
Magik
Umar

He says 3 of the women listed above will "appear" in this new "marvel" expansion.

I WANT TO BELIEVE. I remember someone saying he's not the type of guy to just lie and make shit up but you never know what ppl will do to troll other ppl online...

Lmao I just noticed all 3 girls you said are on that list. Dahbomb secretly CaZbaR19? LOL

onionfrog

HHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAAHAHHAAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Do I NEED to bust out the fucking gif?

dont-believe-his-lies.jpg
Agreed. I'm done believing, unless its Lupinko! (And only if he doesn't try that riddle bullshit again)

Also if we were to get anything, I'd expect it to happen in 2013, 2014 seems like too long of a gap for an update to umvc3.

Even a proper balance patch would be great.

As a new Steve Rogers player, he's the man. Captain America is the game's ultimate "fuq yo theory/setups" character. Hurts so good.
This is true. A lot if things that'd normally be a decent strategy aren't against Captain America. (IE: Zoning + Hidden missiles or vajra assist? NOPE: Eat a charging star! ... Anything you can think of as Dormammu? NOPE: Charging Star!)

EDIT: I just thought of something else, couldn't Steve just Hyper Charging Star right through a Doom +Ammy THC?
I'm not sure because I haven't tried it...

Vice

Agreed. I'm done believing, unless its Lupinko! (And only if he doesn't try that riddle bullshit again)

Also if we were to get anything, I'd expect it to happen in 2013, 2014 seems like too long of a gap for an update to umvc3.

Even a proper balance patch would be great.

This is true. A lot if things that'd normally be a decent strategy aren't against Captain America. (IE: Zoning + Hidden missiles or vajra assist? NOPE: Eat a charging star! ... Anything you can think of as Dormammu? NOPE: Charging Star!)

EDIT: I just thought of something else, couldn't Steve just Hyper Charging Star right through a Doom +Ammy THC?

It depends on the distance. If you're close enough it's a free happy birthday.

Dahbomb

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/65195143

Jubilee
Squirrel girl
Scarlet witch
Dazzler
Black cat
Fire star
Spider woman
Dagger
Ms marvel
Shadowcat
Emma frost
Mockingbird
Aurora
Black widow
Elektra
Marvel girl
Lionheart
Wasp
Thundra
Callisto
Tigra
Hellcat
Invisible woman
Pixie
Hope summers
Magik
Umar

He says 3 of the women listed above will "appear" in this new "marvel" expansion.

I WANT TO BELIEVE. I remember someone saying he's not the type of guy to just lie and make shit up but you never know what ppl will do to troll other ppl online...

Lmao I just noticed all 3 girls you said are on that list. Dahbomb secretly CaZbaR19? LOL
That dude just listed all the Marvel girls he could think of. Some of the ones lower on the list even I don't know of.

I mean who the fuck would want Marvel Girl in there? He didn't list Psylocke in there. Probably Crimsonspider.

I've seen like two people play Cap, Wesker, Strider. It's like the lite version of what you mention.

Yeah but you can combo off of Charging Star with Rapid Slash, and it pushes them full screen on block. So you can really annoy people with zoning + vajra then charging star + rapid slash when they get close. Plus there's a weird pushback glitch with rapid slash that makes them change directions if you crossup with it and you jump out during active frames. I feel like I can set up some kind of ambiguous situation with this but I'm not sure yet.

Absolutely, but I'm not sure if it'd hit Ammy at all ranges. And smart players are going to do the THC while you're commiting to some sort of air action or incoming.

onionfrog

Yeah but you can combo off of Charging Star with Rapid Slash
I did not know this, too bad I don't play Vergil.
I know Cap + Iron Man is really good, but then I'd have to play Iron Man.

Absolutely, but I'm not sure if it'd hit Ammy at all ranges. And smart players are going to do the THC while you're commiting to some sort of air action or incoming.
Good point, I'm hoping either:
A. My opponent is not a smart player.
B. My opponent thinks he can pin me down with the THC, and forgets that I can plow right through it with Hyper Charging Star.
(I've made similar mistakes myself, forgetting that Professor Beef can just Mach Speed through stuff to avoid my chip)

Sigmaah

That dude just listed all the Marvel girls he could think of. Some of the ones lower on the list even I don't know of.

I mean who the fuck would want Marvel Girl in there? He didn't list Psylocke in there. Probably Crimsonspider.

The guy who said three girls will be in there didn't make that list, some dude who made the topic made that list saying HE wishes some of the girls he listed were in mvc, then that dude came in and said 3 of them biddies on your list are in the next mahvel "expansion" BUT enough about this guy and that shit, dude says he knows shit but doesn't say anything about it, WHY WOULD YOU SAY YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT A NEW MARVEL EXPANSION and then not talk about it and not spill some deets? IT MUST BE LIES, LIES, LIES.

I need new chars for Zero to play with. Doom is nice but fuck playing Doom online and I don't feel like playing Vergil anymore. Who are some good pairs for Zero besides Doom, Vergil, and Dante?

ZeroCDR

I need new chars for Zero to play with. Doom is nice but fuck playing Doom online and I don't feel like playing Vergil anymore. Who are some good pairs for Zero besides Doom, Vergil, and Dante?

My main team for awhile now has been Zero(hadangeki)/Arthur(daggers)/Frank(cart). One touch with Zero and I can easily combo to two bars, finish with Rekkoha, DHC to Gold Armor, raw tag Frank and super jump camera shot for easy level 4. Then you get gold daggers Arthur on anchor, and Frank and Zero have great DHC synergy.

Arthur and Frank is dodgy if Zero dies, but their DHC synergy is okay and you still have cart assist to help. If you can get Goddess Bracelet off it's usually a free raw tag for Frank on block if you're far enough away and wanna just bring him in.

ZeroCDR

If you don't like Arthur you can substitute him for just about any character with a powerup or similar hyper, as long as you have enough time to tag in Frank while Rekkoha traps your opponent. Hsien-Ko gold armor works if you're really fast but it's not consistent enough with the lag online for my tastes.

Sigmaah

If you don't like Arthur you can substitute him for just about any character with a powerup or similar hyper, as long as you have enough time to tag in Frank while Rekkoha traps your opponent. Hsien-Ko gold armor works if you're really fast but it's not consistent enough with the lag online for my tastes.

I'll give frank a shot with Zero, I do love getting level 4 and spamming s.M and j.M lol.

Fuck it, I think I'll just go with Zero/Frank/Dante. You play 360 or ps3?

ZeroCDR

I'll give frank a shot with Zero, I do love getting level 4 and spamming s.M and j.M lol.

Fuck it, I think I'll just go with Zero/Frank/Dante. You play 360 or ps3?

I play on PS3, but I am actively looking for the 360 version too at the right price. My tag is PikaZeroX on both PSN and XBL if you ever wanna get some games in, I'm usually on late nights on weekends. :D

do ya think level 5 X-23 is scary? with 2 Silent kills?

My friend, you've come to the right place.

You have to use on point Sentinel so.......

GGs none the less. Phoenix team is still your best team.

Well, yeah. It's my only team. I've never even used Captain America on anybody before you lol

I wanted to hit the alioune combo online so bad with Magneto. Timing changes so much. I've also added a lot more counters and command throws into my Wesker game.

fader

I thought of making a team of Dante/Magneto/X-23

Dante starts off, then TAC to Magneto, do the infinite successfully and kill of the first character. Tag to X-23, Call dante to trap the incoming character then activate Silent Kill and tag the character while there in the air. Perform a follow up combo and kill of that character and then do the same to the anchor.

Think that can work?

Dante starts off, then TAC to Magneto, do the infinite successfully and kill of the first character. Tag to X-23, Call dante to trap the incoming character then activate Silent Kill and tag the character while there in the air. Perform a follow up combo and kill of that character and then do the same to the anchor.

Think that can work?

It doesn't work. You don't have enough time to call Dante after raw tagging. Your only options with that team are do some sort of blockstring first while calling Dante, or use all 5 bars to DHC through to Silent Kill. You can also change the team order to X-23 second, then use ankle slicer before the TAC to force Magneto to come out and only use 4 bars for Shockwave -> Silent Kill. Either way you're almost always going to have to burn X-factor after the first Silent Kill because incoming characters won't always fall the same way and you'll probably need to OTG with Ankle Slicer. You can use Jam Session to combo after, but you won't be able to do enough damage. And considering how hard it is to build two bars before killing the character, you'll probably never get a second silent kill the way you want.

The best TAC infinite Dirt Nap teams are Morrigan/X-23/Doom and Zero/X-23/Doom because they can always force the TAC you want, Doom TAC works midscreen in all three directions reliably and they're both strong teams outside of the TAC gimmick. You can also use Sougenmu or Astral Vision with impunity because you're banking all your meter gain on TACs. Morrigan in particular is the best because you can build the remaining meter after Silent Kill using Dark Harmonizer as a reliable way to get the second kill. It's the only team that lets you get two reliably. You're still almost never going to be able to kill the anchor, but you'll get really close. If I remember right, the silent Kill will do like 450k with the remaining x-factor level 1, and if you get really lucky you can link into a standing combo afterwards without ankle slicer and kill but that almost never happens.

Plus Morrigan has her infinite so you don't even need the TAC if you have a good hit and solid execution.

Solune

Think that can work?

Dieminion went over the exact same team on Yipes stream the other day except with Magneto on point. I think it's a very strong team but requires high execution and the team isn't without weaknesses.

I want less people to use cap so he gets more buffs and become nova levels of derp. Thanks

Barely anyone uses him now. I think there's maybe like four players in SoCal that I've seen (myself included) at TRB that actually use him. And then it's just like... Spooky and that guy from the Midwest who uses him.

But yeah more Cap buffs pls.

Frantic

Hawkeye backed up with Vergil tears her apart. Whatever counter she uses, use the opposite (against physical use your arrows, against projectile use Vergil assist). React to her air dash with Gimlet.
But her projectile counter counters Rapid Slash so she can just hold her projectile counter all day.

Then again, there is Gimlet.

Dahbomb

But her projectile counter counters Rapid Slash so she can just hold her projectile counter all day.

Then again, there is Gimlet.
Oh sorry I had it wrong.

You slide when she does projectile counter, Vergil assist + Arrows when she does anything else.

Top Bottom