• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Anyone know some practical Jill BnBs? Are there any pros that play Jill?

1MHKGTy.gif

Zissou

Anyone know some practical Jill BnBs? Are there any pros that play Jill?

No pros have stuck with Jill on any kind of long term basis as far as I know, though Alucard and Clockwork have both messed around with her and you can find footage of them if you poke around.

I tried to play Jill for like 2 days. The practical BnB I learned was: st.M, st.H, cancel into feral crouch stance(d d S), somersault (press H), jump cancel up fwd, j.H, j.S, (land and jump up fwd, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S)x2, land, st.H, qcf.M, somersault (H again), then machine gun spray (qcb+2 attacks) to end it.

There's a few places where I omitted command normals that you could use, but they fucked me up, especially when trying to feral crouch cancel, so I omitted them. Get used to pressing down down S really fast because you'll be doing it A LOT.

Zissou

Team Clockwork is interesting in that work in a bunch of different orders, but it feels wrong somehow to play Strider before Doom. Half the fun of playing Strider is going for crazy resets, but with Doom second, you'd be stupid not to just go for the TAC infinite instead. Feels like it's against the spirit of the character. I can see it being really effective though.

Viperik

Banned
No pros have stuck with Jill on any kind of long term basis as far as I know, though Alucard and Clockwork have both messed around with her and you can find footage of them if you poke around.

I tried to play Jill for like 2 days. The practical BnB I learned was: st.M, st.H, cancel into feral crouch stance(d d S), somersault (press H), jump cancel up fwd, j.H, j.S, (land and jump up fwd, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S)x2, land, st.H, qcf.M, somersault (H again), then machine gun spray (qcb+2 attacks) to end it.

There's a few places where I omitted command normals that you could use, but they fucked me up, especially when trying to feral crouch cancel, so I omitted them. Get used to pressing down down S really fast because you'll be doing it A LOT.

Yep that's pretty much the one I discovered. I abuse the hell out of somersault and cart wheel kick.

Ohnonono

So I am working hard to try and get into this game. I was wondering if I could throw a few characters out there and maybe people could help me get an idea of a team to use. I am interested in Virgil, Dante, Wesker, Nemesis, Ammy, Trish, Dorm, and Morrigan. Other suggestions are certainly welcome! So far against people who are clearly not super solid at the game (ie. no pushblocking and very easy to mix up without assists) I do fine but I really need to step up my team I think in order to cause genuinely hard to counter mix ups. Any help is appreciated!

So I am working hard to try and get into this game. I was wondering if I could throw a few characters out there and maybe people could help me get an idea of a team to use. I am interested in Virgil, Dante, Wesker, Nemesis, Ammy, Trish, Dorm, and Morrigan. Other suggestions are certainly welcome! So far against people who are clearly not super solid at the game (ie. no pushblocking and very easy to mix up without assists) I do fine but I really need to step up my team I think in order to cause genuinely hard to counter mix ups. Any help is appreciated!

Wesker's not too difficult to use, a beast in X-factor, and has a great OTG assist. Vergil also does a crapton of damage, has swords which make him safe for a bit, good assist, and a beast in XF-3.

To get the most enjoyment out of the game, pick a character you like. You can always watch streams and pick up on other teams, there's some sick combinations and synergy between teams out there. However, I tend to go with the 3 characters I have the most fun with, as I'm certainly not winning any tournaments anytime soon. haha.

mr. puppy

Banned
Team Clockwork is interesting in that work in a bunch of different orders, but it feels wrong somehow to play Strider before Doom. Half the fun of playing Strider is going for crazy resets, but with Doom second, you'd be stupid not to just go for the TAC infinite instead. Feels like it's against the spirit of the character. I can see it being really effective though.

team clockwork is a good team. clockwork is not a good player right now.

Zissou

team clockwork is a good team. clockwork is not a good player right now.

It's certainly a good team. Clock is lucky characters that hard counter Doom aren't too prevalent- Hawkeye and Dormammu body Doom for free but you don't see either them terribly often. Vajra is also simultaneously Doom's best friend and worst enemy. Doom's keepaway becomes pretty garbage against any other projectile zoning character if they're rocking Strider assist too. Not taking assists into account, they beat Doom. If Doom adds vajra, he can beat a lot of them. If they add vajra too, Doom is kind of fucked. I'm lucky nobody plays Mags+Vajra.

I disagree with your statement about Clock though- he's a very good player, point Doom is just not an endgame point character.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb you play the MGR demo yet? It's so good.
too busy playing dota.
Yeah that and I have already played the MGR demo with the ZOE HD collection. It was pretty good but very different from DMC (more similar to NG than DMC). I think the bosses in this game are going to be godlike. Only thing I don't like about MGR are the spine ripping sequences, it takes you out of the action too much.

Plus starting Friday I am going to be going balls deep into DmC with the PC release version.

Fine you bastards, here's a Magneto swag combo for you:

auto-correct backwards tridash jL, 2HS, jH adf jH xx Mag Blast L, jump backwards jMH addf jH jump backwards MH xx Mag Blast L, dash 2M+A1(Launcher Slam)H xx Flight, fly up-forward, jMMH adf jMMH aduf jMH addf jH unfly jH, HS+A2(Shocking Pink), jHS, add, Force Field L xx Magnetic Tempest

(more similar to NG than DMC).

Which is pretty much what shut down DmC in my head. The Gekkos are so much fun to fight.

edit: The spine ripping thing I don't mind because I really liked Shinobi.

Solune

Teams that I think are good

Trish/Dante/Vergil - Team DMC nuff said.
Vergil [Dante] /Dorm/Morrigan - Team Karsticles 1234567890 - Very potent against teams that don't have an answer to hard zoning.
Trish/Dante [Vergil] /Wesker - Similar to Team RDK with access to Round Harvest unblockable
Wesker/Dorm/Ammy - Part team Zak Bennett and part team Vanilla Chris G, good assists for setting up Wesker's command grab and THC Synergy is OK.

I haven't used Nemesis with a legit team, but he usually partners well with Hulk and characters who normally can't combo off of their throw using THC from what I've observed.

Nemesis THC is so good. That last hit is retarded for mixups. I've been using Nemesis in training mode all morning. Log Trap works so well with him. Doesn't scale as bad as other assists I was using to convert off of tentacles and rockets(horizontal shot and hyper grav) and works better in most situations.

Ohnonono

Teams that I think are good

Trish/Dante/Vergil - Team DMC nuff said.
Vergil [Dante] /Dorm/Morrigan - Team Karsticles 1234567890 - Very potent against teams that don't have an answer to hard zoning.
Trish/Dante [Vergil] /Wesker - Similar to Team RDK with access to Round Harvest unblockable
Wesker/Dorm/Ammy - Part team Zak Bennett and part team Vanilla Chris G, good assists for setting up Wesker's command grab and THC Synergy is OK.

I haven't used Nemesis with a legit team, but he usually partners well with Hulk and characters who normally can't combo off of their throw using THC from what I've observed.

Thank you so much! I will try these out!

PRRog said that ChrisG basically only has 1 character, Morrigan.

His Doom and Vergil are not "top" level according to him.

ChrisG's Doom movement impresses me and the spacing/brave decisions makes him look like he can make a comeback easily with him (probably because his oppenent's team is already dead/bleeding).

Man, I have to learn Doom's hopping.

Chris G benefit so much off air throw game that it really hid how average his doom is. Pr Balrog is pretty much the same as Chris G though. His wolverine is amazing, his doom sucks, and his Vergil w/o X-factor sucks. Rog is smart though he put all his Vergil training mode practice into x-factor level 3 Vergil. Rog and Shady K are by far the best x-factor level 3 Vergil in the business.

Dahbomb

Well, it's true. He's clever enough, but he doesn't play those two as clean as other top players.
I think his Doom is very good but he doesn't do infinites with him which is basically the criticism PRRog made about Chris' Doom. Other than that he does as well as the other players... I just think FChamp has the best Doom.

As far as his Vergil goes... he doesn't use Dark Vergil stuff, he doesn't use Blistering Swords and he doesn't use safe strings (too used to mashing the Doom assist to bail him out). The good thing about his Vergil is that he knows how to abuse Round Trip glitch, he can generally do his combos and he knows the weird gimmick/mix ups to open people up plus his footsie skills are of course always up to snuff. It's better than Justin's Vergil though that's for sure.

His Vergil w/o X-factor sucks. Rog is smart though he put all his Vergil training mode practice into x-factor level 3 Vergil
Pretty much yea... Rog basically treats his Vergil like Phoenix. He does everything right with Dark Vergil but when it's just basic Vergil he almost always get beaten because it's fairly sub par.

I think his Doom is very good but he doesn't do infinites with him which is basically the criticism PRRog made about Chris' Doom. Other than that he does as well as the other players... I just think FChamp has the best Doom.

As far as his Vergil goes... he doesn't use Dark Vergil stuff, he doesn't use Blistering Swords and he doesn't use safe strings (too used to mashing the Doom assist to bail him out). The good thing about his Vergil is that he knows how to abuse Round Trip glitch, he can generally do his combos and he knows the weird gimmick/mix ups to open people up plus his footsie skills are of course always up to snuff. It's better than Justin's Vergil though that's for sure.

Pretty much yea... Rog basically treats his Vergil like Phoenix. He does everything right with Dark Vergil but when it's just basic Vergil he almost always get beaten because it's fairly sub par.

Have you seen Justin's Vergil as of late? I think it's better than Chris. Took out Bee's entire team quite a few times yesterday w/o x-factor derp shit. No missile lock down. He use Frank shopping cart almost in a way that Yipes use Vergil + Hawkeye's arrow. It's much much much much improve from ECT4.

Chris does know the Doom TAC stuff. He doesn't do the infinite but he does the classic Marlin which is the one that end up with rocks into sphere flame, which kill anyways.

But Joker is a fraud. He has movement and nothing else to offer. He can barely confirm his own combos, and his neutral game is pretty braindead. Just just flies around a lot until repulsor hits something. At least Ray Ray knows how to win.

But Joker is a fraud. He has movement and nothing else to offer. He can barely confirm his own combos, and his neutral game is pretty braindead. Just just flies around a lot until repulsor hits something.

Isn't this most people though? I'll admit that I myself do that all the time with Zero. Just fly around until Jam Session either A) put them in block stun so i can start my mix up, or B) hits them so I can just confirm off it.

Isn't this most people though? I'll admit that I myself do that all the time with Zero. Just fly around until Jam Session either A) put them in block stun so i can start my mix up, or B) hits them so I can just confirm off it.

Yeah but we're just talking about top player here. Joker thinks he's one, but he's not. There are only 3 good Magnetos out there. FChamp, Alioune and Fanatiq.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Clockwork has the best Doom.
Gotta agree, FChamp's is a bit more consistent though.

But Joker is a fraud. He has movement and nothing else to offer. He can barely confirm his own combos, and his neutral game is pretty braindead. Just just flies around a lot until repulsor hits something. At least Ray Ray knows how to win.
Joker at T13 and Joker beforehand are like two different players to watch entirely. His Mags has tightened up considerably and he doesn't just flail around until something hits anymore really.

Dahbomb

Have you seen Justin's Vergil as of late? I think it's better than Chris. Took out Bee's entire team quite a few times yesterday w/o x-factor derp shit. No missile lock down. He use Frank shopping cart almost in a way that Yipes use Vergil + Hawkeye's arrow. It's much much much much improve from ECT4.

Chris does know the Doom TAC stuff. He doesn't do the infinite but he does the classic Marlin which is the one that end up with rocks into sphere flame, which kill anyways.
I haven't seen Justin's Vergil lately so I guess I am missing out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KpPS9fm_A

Confirmed every single hit into a combo in this set. Played the neutral game to lame out even ChrisG and get through his projectile zoning. And performed better than 95% of the East Coast against ChrisG.

I haven't seen Justin's Vergil lately so I guess I am missing out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KpPS9fm_A

That same tournament Chris G lost to Ricky too. ..#forwhatitsworth

Justin also benefit with Yipes always being in his stream. Yipes drop a lot of knowledge in the stream chat when Justin streams. I didn't even know if you just press MH with Vergil he canceling his stinger with dash. So you literally don't have to wave dash, but just MH MH MH MH then go low or whatever you want.

Dahbomb

It wasn't a dig against ChrisG, it was showcasing the Joker can actually confirm and finish his combos plus actually has a neutral game.

That same tournament Chris G lost to Ricky too. ..#forwhatitsworth

Justin also benefit with Yipes always being in his stream. Yipes drop a lot of knowledge in the stream chat when Justin streams. I didn't even know if you just press MH with Vergil he canceling his stinger with dash. So you literally don't have to wave dash, but just MH MH MH MH then go low or whatever you want.

Karst mentioned that in the thread a while back. Him and Ghost Rider have the easiest wavedashes in the game. Vergil forwards, and Ghost Rider backwards (just hold back and MH).

Karst mentioned that in the thread a while back. Him and Ghost Rider have the easiest wavedashes in the game. Vergil forwards, and Ghost Rider backwards (just hold back and MH).

Yea someone was saying that in the stream chat about Ghost Rider. Makes playing Vergil so much easier especially when you have an assit like arrows/shopping cart assist. No wonder Yipes/Justin hit people so much with crouch L.

Dahbomb

I have talked about this kara wave dash thing multiple times here. Right now it seems to apply to Ghost Rider and Vergil, they can actually use it to good effect.

Dahbomb/other DMC heads -- gimme all your best DMC songs. I want some cheesy or good rock/metal fusion/whatever the hell it is.

Also played a bit of DmC...it's not super awful but I was never a combo monster. Does seem a little dumbed down but w/e it's mindless fun. I didn't pay for it so I'm not exactly vested in it.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb/other DMC heads -- gimme all your best DMC songs. I want some cheesy or good rock/metal fusion/whatever the hell it is.

Also played a bit of DmC...it's not super awful but I was never a combo monster. Does seem a little dumbed down but w/e it's mindless fun. I didn't pay for it so I'm not exactly vested in it.
Yeah it's a bit dumbed down but it's still a good action game with depth. No hard lock on and less precision in just about everything.

To be honest I never really liked the rock + metal stuff they added with DMC3 and kept it for the next 2 games. I always liked DMC1's tracks a lot more. That said there are some good tracks in all the games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs1m0rzka-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyU5r3ZbrGc

Some of the stuff people use for combo videos might fit your request better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrBIBfay_xQ <-- this one is a classic for DMC fans for obvious reasons

TWILT

Banned
I'll buy DmC when it lowers down in price. Paying full price for THAT...no thanks.

DMC1:
Ultraviolet
Lock and Load

DMC3:
Dante's Office 7 Hells
Vergil's Boss Themes: One, Two, Three
Arkham Battle 2
Divine Hate (I always liked this song for some reason lol)
Beowulf Theme

DMC4:
Forza del Destino
Swipe of Sword

Frantic

My suggestions. Blackened Angel, Baroque and Beats, Divine Hate(Vergil version), The Viper, Despair Embodied and Super Pubic(lol) Enemy.

Swipe of Sword is my favorite theme in the series, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrBIBfay_xQ <-- this one is a classic for DMC fans for obvious reasons
Jesus Christ, I watched Hell=Sloth is Dead so many times back in the day that I remember the combos just by listening to this song.

Thanks for the links y'all. Some of these will probably even be good for slaying (calorie) demons, haha.

Devils Never Cry is still my fave but these are good.

Top Bottom