• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Clipse

Are Scrub-GAF still around? If so, are most of you on PSN or XBL? Thinking of buying a console again to get back into Mahvel, but can't decide which console to get.

fader

It doesn't work. You don't have enough time to call Dante after raw tagging. Your only options with that team are do some sort of blockstring first while calling Dante, or use all 5 bars to DHC through to Silent Kill. You can also change the team order to X-23 second, then use ankle slicer before the TAC to force Magneto to come out and only use 4 bars for Shockwave -> Silent Kill. Either way you're almost always going to have to burn X-factor after the first Silent Kill because incoming characters won't always fall the same way and you'll probably need to OTG with Ankle Slicer. You can use Jam Session to combo after, but you won't be able to do enough damage. And considering how hard it is to build two bars before killing the character, you'll probably never get a second silent kill the way you want.

The best TAC infinite Dirt Nap teams are Morrigan/X-23/Doom and Zero/X-23/Doom because they can always force the TAC you want, Doom TAC works midscreen in all three directions reliably and they're both strong teams outside of the TAC gimmick. You can also use Sougenmu or Astral Vision with impunity because you're banking all your meter gain on TACs. Morrigan in particular is the best because you can build the remaining meter after Silent Kill using Dark Harmonizer as a reliable way to get the second kill. It's the only team that lets you get two reliably. You're still almost never going to be able to kill the anchor, but you'll get really close. If I remember right, the silent Kill will do like 450k with the remaining x-factor level 1, and if you get really lucky you can link into a standing combo afterwards without ankle slicer and kill but that almost never happens.

Plus Morrigan has her infinite so you don't even need the TAC if you have a good hit and solid execution.

hmm good info.

I found that I was able to do Jam Session after I hard tag and it hit the incomming person and even combo from the hit with the final strike.

Im trying that morrigan version though cause i like morrigan better and i found alot of DHC synergy between Morrigan and X-23.

So Dirt Nap teams are common?

also does anyone play X-23 and does her Merage Feint Combo?

fader

I hear alot of pro players saying how Silent Kill is going to be a problem later but I dont know what they mean by that...

I found that I was able to do Jam Session after I hard tag and it hit the incomming person and even combo from the hit with the final strike.

After a TAC infinite?

So Dirt Nap teams are common?
I just happen to be the person here that knows how they work. Killa Sasa and I are the only X-23 players here.

also does anyone play X-23 and does her Merage Feint Combo?
You can do cool stuff like that, but you get more damage by just doing a bunch of Crescent Scythe Ls into Talon Attack Ls.

I hear alot of pro players saying how Silent Kill is going to be a problem later but I dont know what they mean by that...
On paper it's a huge issue but making it work in a practical way is much harder than it seems. I spent a good two months working it out and wound up sticking it on the backburner. And it's not like it's the ultimate team or anything. It's basically awesome until one character dies, then it's basically two anchors. The Zero one fares a little better in that situation if you use Plasma Beam.

fader

After a TAC infinite?

after Magnetos. I didnt do up to the hits to kill the character (edit: from full health) but i got there health low and did two reps (edit: and killed them with it) and was able to quickly land on the ground and tag out and activate Jam Session (edit: before the next person came in)

after Magnetos. I didnt do up to the hits to kill the character but i got there health low and did two reps and was able to quickly land on the ground and tag out and activate Jam Session

Wait, what? You just did a hard knockdown then raw tag, then did dirt nap on the same character? That's not the same thing... Turn off life refill in training mode and finish the loop and try it to see if it works. Remember, The opponent shouldn't be able to move before being hit with Jam Session.

fader

Wait, what? You just did a hard knockdown then raw tag, then did dirt nap on the same character? That's not the same thing... Turn off life refill in training mode and finish the loop and try it to see if it works. Remember, The opponent shouldn't be able to move before being hit with Jam Session.

no, no, no.

I killed the first character with the infinite than landed and hard tagged before the next character came in and called Jam Session while the incoming character was landing in the feild.

Sorry i worded it wrong

Dahbomb

Dahbomb = Platinum rank on Dota 2.

HOLD DAT SHIT MIKE ROSS!!!!!

He probably has a higher rank than me because he has played like thousands of games already.

I really need to start learning the Doom TAC combos and the Nova infinite...

Sorry to sound scrublike, but are there any notations for either of those out there?

I think I've been regressing, game-wise. I went back to try and finish up some of my trophies for Infamous, and I'm one Blast Shard away from a Platinum. One tiny, hard-to-find Blast Shard to search for in 3 very large cities... D:

I also started playing Battle Network 6 because it has the best Mega Man.

I might play some Marvel a little later if anyone is up for it.

I really need to start learning the Doom TAC combos and the Nova infinite...

Sorry to sound scrublike, but are there any notations for either of those out there?

I learned some of the easier Doom TACs from Youtube. There are many different extensions from all directions and mid screen. I got a side one i have down well (offline) and a down TAC that I'm about 50% on.

Nert

Dahbomb = Platinum rank on Dota 2.

HOLD DAT SHIT MIKE ROSS!!!!!

He probably has a higher rank than me because he has played like thousands of games already.

I'm starting to play a lot of Dota 2 as well, although I'm awful at it. The learning curve feels pretty steep, but I was able to become mildly competent at Marvel, so this shouldn't be too bad.

I have all the shards... but I'm too lazy to do the stunts. Then with Infamous 2 I just beat it then said fuck it... I don't even care about the other ending. *goes off to Youtube*

The only stunt I had trouble with was the melee finisher on an airborne guy because I didn't buy any melee upgrades. All the other stunts were easy as pie. Then again, I was doing a Hero run on Hard Mode...which is like Hard Mode+.

oh and God Beard, what is the talon cresent sythe combo your refering to? do you have the notations?

If I remember right, it's something like Neck Slicer(charged), tiger knee Talon Attack L, Crescent Scythe L xx Talon Attack L, H xx mirage feint H, Crescent Scythe L xx Talon Attack L, H xx mirage feint H, Crescent Scythe L xx Talon Attack L, MHS, jH xx Crescent Scythe L xx Talon Attack L, OTG assist, Neck Slicer(charged), S, jH xx Crescent Scythe L xx Talon Attack L, Ankle Slicer(charged)

The only stunt I had trouble with was the melee finisher on an airborne guy because I didn't buy any melee upgrades. All the other stunts were easy as pie. Then again, I was doing a Hero run on Hard Mode...which is like Hard Mode+.

I gave up on the one where you had to stick the other guy with a nade that he toss at you. And fuck Infamous 2 while we are it too, it froze on me like 4 times!

I gave up on the one where you had to stick the other guy with a nade that he toss at you. And fuck Infamous 2 while we are it too, it froze on me like 4 times!

You don't have to sticky him with it. It just has to kill him. I got most of the stunts on accident.

One day I'll find the patience to find that last shard. One day...

Infamous is for scrubs. I'm on that XCOM crack. Two "very difficult" missions in a row beaten with no damage ^_^

If you don't know about it, it's like Fire Emblem + Sim Tower with aliens.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Infamous is for scrubs. I'm on that XCOM crack. Two "very difficult" missions in a row beaten with no damage ^_^

If you don't know about it, it's like Fire Emblem + Sim Tower with aliens.
Can't stand strategy whatever the fuck games. When I hit a button I want to god damn be hitting something.

Only exception is Pokemon.

It's too bad nobody plays H&H anymore because there's a "Theory Fighter" title that you can unlock from playing.

Well Student of Science is pretty good. But yeah, I tried to play some the other day to unlock herald colors and couldn't get a game in.

You probably one of them dudes that enjoy baseball too huh? ZZzZzZ This is AMURICCA. WE GOTTA HIT SOMETHING SON!

Baseball is a thinking game? HURR DURR IMA HIT DAT BALL WIT A STICK WHEE IMA RUN IN A CIRCLE

Well Student of Science is pretty good. But yeah, I tried to play some the other day to unlock herald colors and couldn't get a game in.

Baseball is a thinking game? HURR DURR IMA HIT DAT BALL WIT A STICK WHEE IMA RUN IN A CIRCLE

Well there are area where you have to think (like what pitches to throw, how shallow/deep infield/outfielders have to play against certain hitters), but what I was getting at was there's no shot clock.

zzZzZZZz

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
Add me, Dahbomb (Dan_the_Badass with the Vergil avatar) on Steam. We can play some bots matches together sometime.

Dota 2 or LoL (although it sounds like you have made your mind). I haven't played dota 2 yet. League is addicting though... I need help... Lol. I`ve completely abandoned marvel... Which was the ONLY game I played for a year straight

Top Bottom