• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Can someone give me tips for Zero's lightning loops? I want to be able to start the "combo" without going through the whole combo to get more reps of practice. Are there any moves to get them at the correct height to just start it? Maybe the jump buster shot in the corner but I'm not sure.

Also, is the height of the loop when you execute the tiger knee right when he leaves to the ground?

I would try this but I'm executionally challenged. I can't pull off those magneto combos.

There are some characters that I don't even bother trying to play as because of this.
EX: Dante, Magneto, Dr. Doom.

I would recommend learning doom. His combos are a lot easier than they look. Just don't try the advanced TAC combos until you get more familiar with him.

Dahbomb

Dota 2 or LoL (although it sounds like you have made your mind). I haven't played dota 2 yet. League is addicting though... I need help... Lol. I`ve completely abandoned marvel... Which was the ONLY game I played for a year straight
Don't worry I played Marvel for a year or so, now I have pretty much abandoned playing it (you know it's bad when I got to gaming zones, people are playing Marvel but I just go and play DOTA 2). Me personally I like DOTA 2 better than LoL. LoL is easier to get into but has a lower skill cap than DOTA 2. A lot more things to be aware of like active items, denying, buying TP scrolls etc. I really like the engine of HON but the balance and art style of that game is usually out of wack. Plus after they added the Concede and Stats functions the meta game has shifted to people just playing one man show for their KDR... it's a fairly bad way to play the game which revolves around team work.

Solune

Can someone give me tips for Zero's lightning loops? I want to be able to start the "combo" without going through the whole combo to get more reps of practice. Are there any moves to get them at the correct height to just start it? Maybe the jump buster shot in the corner but I'm not sure.

Also, is the height of the loop when you execute the tiger knee right when he leaves to the ground?

Yes, you can start the Lightning Loop in the corner simply by doing j. Buster lvl 3 > Raikousen, the trick is to hold the another button right before doing Raikousen as you cancel into Sougenmu, or else you will not have enough charge to do the first buster when you start the Lightning Loop.

And yes, for the vanilla version of the lightning loop it's as soon as he leaves the ground, but there's some leniency even if Zero is higher above ground than normal anyways.

I really need to start learning the Doom TAC combos and the Nova infinite...

Sorry to sound scrublike, but are there any notations for either of those out there?

After a Down TAC for Nova
j.M, j.H, [L] Rocket Punch, *AirDash*, j.M, *Fly*, j.M, j.M, j.H, [L] Rocket Punch, j.M, j.M, j.H, [L] Rocket Punch, j.M, j.H, *Land*, j.M, j.H, *Fly* and Repeat

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
"I've abandoned the game"
* is in winner's semi's of the neogaf tournament*

Lol. Marvel is like riding a bike you never forget. I go on multi week, if not month breaks from marvel now. Not because I don't like the game, but because when I have time to play a game its a choice between LoL or marvel. And LoL will win that battle every time... at least for now...

What is HON btw?

And I keep hearing how LoL is easier. It took me awhile to get any good at the game. So Dota 2 must be ridiculous...

Bizazedo

Yes, you can start the Lightning Loop in the corner simply by doing j. Buster lvl 3 > Raikousen, the trick is to hold the another button right before doing Raikousen as you cancel into Sougenmu, or else you will not have enough charge to do the first buster when you start the Lightning Loop.

Naw, it's not that bad. If you hold down the button you used to trigger the light Raikousen, you'll have level 3 buster in time. No need to switch at that point. At least I don't.

And the new version of the lightning loop completely avoids the need for tiger knees.

JeTmAn81

Naw, it's not that bad. If you hold down the button you used to trigger the light Raikousen, you'll have level 3 buster in time. No need to switch at that point. At least I don't.

And the new version of the lightning loop completely avoids the need for tiger knees.

I've started trying to learn the lightning loop and that's what I do, L Raikousen, hold the L button, then trigger Sougenmu with M and H. So that definitely gives me enough time to charge the next buster, but after that I don't really know the timing.

Any tips for the exact timing? I feel like you're supposed to jump up as immediately as possible after Sougenmu kicks in, and then release the buster. Is that right, or should there be a slight delay before releasing buster? I'm also not sure about the timing for the lightning after that buster.

Dahbomb

Man, you just have no enthusiasm for non-DMC action games, huh?
Don't know how you got that from the post, I thought the blade mode cancel combos were cool. I am enthusiastic about the game but the game is not without it's flaws. Although I am very interesting in the Wooden sword challenge... now that's baller.

Dahbomb

I'm just excited for it over DmC because the enemies fight back and it actually has bosses. Plus it has Stinger and Flying Swallow.
This is the truth, the bosses in MGR look fucking godlike and the bosses in DmC are ass. The enemies in DmC aren't that bad though, some of the later ones do actually keep you on your toes.

I think it's just the contrast between the punching bags that makes it seem like that. Drekavac didn't seem that aggressive, but I haven't seen him on DmD either. I actually like the multi-part fights, though. Like having to break shields and stuff.

After a Down TAC for Nova
j.M, j.H, [L] Rocket Punch, *AirDash*, j.M, *Fly*, j.M, j.M, j.H, [L] Rocket Punch, j.M, j.M, j.H, [L] Rocket Punch, j.M, j.H, *Land*, j.M, j.H, *Fly* and Repeat

Thanks! I'll have to try this out once I get in front of a console. For now, thinking about Marvel while sitting in a Philosophy class...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/65195143

Jubilee
Squirrel girl
Scarlet witch
Dazzler
Black cat
Fire star
Spider woman
Dagger
Ms marvel
Shadowcat
Emma frost
Mockingbird
Aurora
Black widow
Elektra
Marvel girl
Lionheart
Wasp
Thundra
Callisto
Tigra
Hellcat
Invisible woman
Pixie
Hope summers
Magik
Umar

He says 3 of the women listed above will "appear" in this new "marvel" expansion.

I WANT TO BELIEVE. I remember someone saying he's not the type of guy to just lie and make shit up but you never know what ppl will do to troll other ppl online...

Lmao I just noticed all 3 girls you said are on that list. Dahbomb secretly CaZbaR19? LOL

Cazbar. LOL. He will never give up. Geez, he is one who pretended to be kensk and gave fake list on capcom unity.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/cazbar/

onionfrog

I would recommend learning doom. His combos are a lot easier than they look. Just don't try the advanced TAC combos until you get more familiar with him.
Yeah it'd probably be good to learn him eventually, a great team player, excellent assists, Good damage/Meter building. I'd just be embarrassed if i tried to use him in an actual match right now. I've gotta get used to his movement.

What is the normal combo for doom nowadays anyways? The Buktooth loop is totally obselete now right?
From just watching SCR, it looks like a basic combo is whatever->s.S. Delayed MMf.HS -> ADD -> bunny hop -> s.H relaunch .. Etc... j. Plasma Beam xx Air Photon Array? (Someone please correct me if this is totally wrong, I don't play doom)

Nerf Gimlet Please.
You're just jealous!

LakeEarth

What is the normal combo for doom nowadays anyways? The Buktooth loop is totally obselete now right?
From just watching SCR, it looks like a basic combo is whatever->s.S. Delayed MMf.HS -> ADD -> bunny hop -> s.H relaunch .. Etc... j. Plasma Beam xx Air Photon Array? (Someone please correct me if this is totally wrong, I don't play doom)

Buktooth loop does a little more damage than the new BnB, but the new BnB gets your opponent to the corner faster (and its easier). You space out the j.M's a little bit to make sure you're high enough to get the j.S to connect. Make sure after you ADD you throw in a normal to get you to the ground even faster.

And yeah, plasma beam into photon array is way better than the older ender (OTG -> Rocks -> Sphere Flame). More damage, easier DHC, works with longer combos etc.

Buktooth loop does a little more damage than the new BnB, but the new BnB gets your opponent to the corner faster (and its easier). You space out the j.M's a little bit to make sure you're high enough to get the j.S to connect. Make sure after you ADD you throw in a normal to get you to the ground even faster.

And yeah, plasma beam into photon array is way better than the older ender (OTG -> Rocks -> Sphere Flame). More damage, easier DHC, works with longer combos etc.

That's the combo I do as well.

They continue to do the bunny hop in the corner so they don't fall out of standing H. For some reason if you do it too fast, they fall out

Bizazedo

I've started trying to learn the lightning loop and that's what I do, L Raikousen, hold the L button, then trigger Sougenmu with M and H. So that definitely gives me enough time to charge the next buster, but after that I don't really know the timing.

Any tips for the exact timing? I feel like you're supposed to jump up as immediately as possible after Sougenmu kicks in, and then release the buster. Is that right, or should there be a slight delay before releasing buster? I'm also not sure about the timing for the lightning after that buster.

I am horrible in describing the timing. I learned and feel it for lack of a better term.

That being said, I am also "cheating" to make sure they end up higher in the air. I can do a divekick and time it with a Nova assist to bounce them into the air and lazily jump up and buster them whenever during that long bounce. If I pick the right time in their bounce, they're pretty high after raikousen ends and I can wait a bit to release.

Or I divekick and Vergil's Rapid Slash lifts them even higher. That lets me pop them with a buster, Raikousen, and I have even more time to hold it and release buster.

So, it really depends how you're getting to that point.

I'm not sure why i didn't think of the other button for charging the buster during the loops, but I'm practicing it on the vita, then moving it to the fight stick. seems way more plausible on a fight stick.

onionfrog

That's the combo I do as well.

They continue to do the bunny hop in the corner so they don't fall out of standing H. For some reason if you do it too fast, they fall out
Thanks guys, I'll put this to good use one day...

He height doesn't really matter that match. If the height is gets too low then let buster to hit twice. If the height is too high then let buster to hit once. Either way you can lighting loop just pay attention to the character, and where they are currently at.

The standard is always

Jump buster, lighting, TK lighting, TK lighting then repeat (unless you want to learn the new and improve method which uses 0 TK). However when you play you realize that there are situation where characters are either too high/low. So eventually you learn to improvise sometimes you only do one TK, sometimes you do three.

As for starting the combo you can just do Sentsuizan, buster, Raikousen and then Sougenmu at any point.

As for the loop itself it's very simple. After you do Raikousen keep your finger on the L. During the activation of Sougenumu you can switch that finger to whatever you're comfortable with. Jump buster... raikousen (on the way down pick a button that isn't L). During the first two TK keep your finger on the button that you pick earlier. I think the rest is pretty self explanatory.

You're just jealous!

Pretty much what everyone does including myself. However I've been adding in jump jab wherever I can. Personally I use M, into forward H mid screen though (For the OTG). Sometimes when I do H mid screen I cancel out too fast.

Another approach to touch of death loops in marvel 3. Here's the theory behind it. Of course invincible supers get out of free but hey it's another angle.

Wow that's pretty awesome. Lot's of unbeatable incoming mixups being developed lately. That tech basically ruins anchor characters vs Kusoru's team.

• Dirt Nap TAC team
  • Mad Hopper unblockable
  • True Guard breaks

Looks like another exciting year for Marvel!

Whats everyones opinion on molecular shield assist? Seems really beastly.

Really awesome matchup-specific assist. CJ Showstopper vs Viscant showed a little of how it can be used to shut down options, as well as its weakness against others.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've seen a few players use that stuff too, I don't think it's anything new aside from the integration of TACs. Pretty sure I've seen a Tron/She-Hulk player (maybe Abegen) use that tech as well.

Tirael

Partially Marvel related, but what do you guys think of Ninja Theory releasing a costume pack for DmC that includes classic Dante? Yes, this is happening. I really want to know what you think, Dahbomb, but I'm curious about everyone's thoughts.

Partially Marvel related, but what do you guys think of Ninja Theory releasing a costume pack for DmC that includes classic Dante? Yes, this is happening. I really want to know what you think, Dahbomb, but I'm curious about everyone's thoughts.

They should patch in enemy AI. Might actually get the game then.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think it's to be expected, that there is no issue with doing so, and it's a smart way to make some money.

As my Revengeance hype is exponentially increasing, I'm pretty ready to pay for the Grey Fox DLC the day the game comes out.

Also Yipes playing the demo was hilarious. Getting foot dive'd by gekkos :lol

Frantic

I wonder how long it took to get that sequence in one take...
It would take me a week. At least. And with my luck, the recorder would decide to stop recording at the start of the run where I finally complete it. This has happened during at least three of my videos... and always on the hardest combos... >_>

Then again, there are some executional gods out there and I'm not one of them.

Dahbomb

There's already a costume pack with DMC3 Dante in it (although the face and style is still DmC Dante's).

Don't know what you want to hear. My PC version comes with that costume so I will be starting the game with OG Dante. I already played it on console once with the standard DmC Dante outfit.

Right now I am more interested in Bloody Palace and the Vergil DLC.

Tirael

There's already a costume pack with DMC3 Dante in it (although the face and style is still DmC Dante's).

Don't know what you want to hear.

Basically I want to know your opinion on what enzo covered. My opinion differs from his, I feel like they're making a cash grab. A smart one, but still. Why distance yourself so far from the spirit of the series just to attempt to go back to it for a quick buck?

And of course you're excited about the Vergil DLC. They distanced themselves from the main character, but it seems they've made the beloved twin as close to his DMC3 counterpart as they could possibly get away with. And then charge money for that, too.

Azure J

Top Bottom