• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Yeah they should get rid of Morrigan's QCF super and give her EX fireballs that, depending on the button presses, just give her two fireballs to shoot out and it only costs 25% meter.

And give Nova a larger grab range.

#Kappa

Dahbomb

2 meter intensive character specific guard break off of an AA hyper grab is hardly means to get your panties in a bunch. I guess with the existence of TAC infinites you do have to worry about it some but the characters with AA grabs is fairly small and non of them are tournament staples.

As far as the whole DLC costume goes, I don't mind it much because we didn't even get costumes in DMC4. Yea it's a cash grab but it's not nearly as bad as some of the stuff Capcom has done recently. This is the price that the fans have to pay for their bitching of the character design... put your money where your mouth is.

Solune

Naw, it's not that bad. If you hold down the button you used to trigger the light Raikousen, you'll have level 3 buster in time. No need to switch at that point. At least I don't.

And the new version of the lightning loop completely avoids the need for tiger knees.
Whenever I've started holding during the raikousen I never have enough time, but my Zero is pretty fraudulent.

And I can't do the 2013 ver of the lightning loop either, just doesn't click with me *shrug* tried it for a good solid 2 hours.
Another approach to touch of death loops in marvel 3. Here's the theory behind it. Of course invincible supers get out of free but hey it's another angle.
Exploring various teams is cool, it gives more room for team compositions. At the same time it only makes characters with TAC infinites even more powerful than before...
Partially Marvel related, but what do you guys think of Ninja Theory releasing a costume pack for DmC that includes classic Dante? Yes, this is happening. I really want to know what you think, Dahbomb, but I'm curious about everyone's thoughts.

Don't give a fuck tbh.

onionfrog

Another approach to touch of death loops in marvel 3. Here's the theory behind it. Of course invincible supers get out of free but hey it's another angle.
Interesting.....
As far as the whole DLC costume goes, I don't mind it much because we didn't even get costumes in DMC4. Yea it's a cash grab but it's not nearly as bad as some of the stuff Capcom has done recently. This is the price that the fans have to pay for their bitching of the character design... put your money where your mouth is.
You know what these sort of things used to be called? Unlockables!
I miss games having unlockables...

Nert

Going with Marvel instead of Dota 2 tonight. If anyone wants to play some games, let me know and we can get a lobby going (360, gamertag is "FloralCat").

Tirael

Well said, and all true. All I can really say is that I hope this Dante doesn't become the standard one.

Dahbomb

Well said, and all true. All I can really say is that I hope this Dante doesn't become the standard one.
Even if they make a sequel to DmC2 Dante is going to look different than what he does in DmC. I don't want to post spoilers but it's quite obvious that Dante is going to look different for subsequent games. Plus I think both Capcom and NT have realized that it's not worth the drama making the character change, sales of the game have suffered.

I don't think Joe and Frank can do that guard break thing. Or if they can, I'm timing it incorrectly. Does it have to be off a throw first? Because if that's the case, then they definitely can't do it.

Anyone on PSN wanna get a few games? Not sure how much time I have at the moment but I figure I'll just put the feeler out there. If not, I'll be up for some games later tonight.

onionfrog

Good Games Slasher!

I really like your unblockable setup with Wright + Wesker, I don't think I've seen you use that against me before. Smart how you present some evidence first to keep me from just jumping out before you can land Wright's overhead + Wesker assist. That was pretty cool.

GGs, thanks for teaching me Captain America LOL

Man I have no idea how to use that team but I learned some gimmicks. Start of the round ambiguous double jump cross up is real?

And yay, I hit the Alioune combo online ^_^

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GGs, thanks for teaching me Captain America LOL

Man I have no idea how to use that team but I learned some gimmicks. Start of the round ambiguous double jump cross up is real?

And yay, I hit the Alioune combo online ^_^

Nah I just kept on mashing jab in the beginning lol.

Definitely use Cap's "Air Raid Kick" in the middle of combos, gets you more damage.

I'm glad I was able to get that Cap corner combo online, I almost always fuck that up.

Most of the time when it was Iron Man against Vergil I just waited for a teleport so I could THC. PROTON CANNON IN YOUR FACE FUCK YOU VERGIL

GGs.

Definitely use Cap's "Air Raid Kick" in the middle of combos, gets you more damage.

When I say, "thanks for teaching me", I mean I literally learned that combo by copying you during our matches.

Most of the time when it was Iron Man against Vergil I just waited for a teleport so I could THC. PROTON CANNON IN YOUR FACE FUCK YOU VERGIL
I have no idea what I'm doing with Vergil. All I know is that I can OTG with Rocket's double shot. Rocket is way more fun to play. ROCKET SKATES

Clearly my level 4 Magneto yomi was blocking your brainwaves. Sometimes I dash up tri jump, but sometimes I jump forward and Mag Blast then tri jump. Too many options. I'm almost at the point where I'm thinking with Wesker, too.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It was mostly the incoming mixup I did with locking your ass down with Repulsar, calling drones, then going for the high/low. I was like "fuck I can't block that I hope he can't either"

Clearly my level 4 Magneto yomi was blocking your brainwaves. Sometimes I dash up tri jump, but sometimes I jump forward and Mag Blast then tri jump. Too many options. I'm almost at the point where I'm thinking with Wesker, too.

This is why I run away with Joe when I get you down to Magneto (not just because of the damage, but because it's fun having people chase him lol). I should start snapping him in so I can break your brain.

Add me and we can play a few games.

"ProfessorBeef"

Just added you, I'll make the room.

Edit: Or never mind that, lol

Double Edit: Good games Beef. I'm a massive choke artist + not playing Marvel since I went to the Runback at the beginning of January really hurt. That and online. :p

I guess I'm the new worst on PSN now :(

Azure J

So Western, you remember how corner carry combos were my kryptonite with Zero? In pretty much 3 or so hours worth of training mode, I made 1 and learned 2 along with side switch variants.

DarkHadouX's variant is extremely effective, I can do the Sentsuizan H midscreen version and my own which is a ghetto version of the DarkHadou (Do everything to j.M-Buster then Hienkyaku L - dash up s.MS - continue).

Methinks I'm keeping a pocket Maverick Hunter for those days when Crimson Vipson isn't top tier enough for me. :lol :lol :lol

Nova's Centurion Rush infinite is pretty fun. I was thinking about trying it with Rocket Raccoon's incoming unblockable, but it takes 15 reps to be meter neutral which does 1.2 million damage in level 2 x-factor. oh well.

The Nova Force Roman Cancel thing is really weird, though.

So Western, you remember how corner carry combos were my kryptonite with Zero? In pretty much 3 or so hours worth of training mode, I made 1 and learned 2 along with side switch variants.

DarkHadouX's variant is extremely effective, I can do the Sentsuizan H midscreen version and my own which is a ghetto version of the DarkHadou (Do everything to j.M-Buster then Hienkyaku L - dash up s.MS - continue).

Methinks I'm keeping a pocket Maverick Hunter for those days when Crimson Vipson isn't top tier enough for me. :lol :lol :lol

Zero has all these optimize shit that no on does in real matches. It's a shame, but the truth is all Zero need to do is get you to the corner for loops anything beside that is just icing on the cake. Even the worst possible version you can think of will still put you in the positive when it comes to meter.

Zero one character where there really isn't any "style" points. This is why Zero needs to be pair with Dante so he can up his swag game.

Nova's Centurion Rush infinite is pretty fun. I was thinking about trying it with Rocket Raccoon's incoming unblockable, but it takes 15 reps to be meter neutral which does 1.2 million damage in level 2 x-factor. oh well.

The Nova Force Roman Cancel thing is really weird, though.

I love that infinite. Every now and then I go into trainning mode and do it just for laughs.

onionfrog

Coo gonna switch out blops now
Good Games Kevo.
You whooped my ass pretty good there!
I didn't realize Task's up arrows were such a good assist. Plus they put you in an advantageous situation after a teched air throw attempt. You've also shown me that you don't really need complicated combos like the rocket punch loops for nova to be effective.

I wanted that strider comeback vs your akuma Sooo bad!!!( I think it was in the second to last match...)

I think I'm gonna try running Magneto on point for a while. I want to burn level 1-xfactor, DHC to Mad Hopper and get the unblockable to kill the second character. I wonder if that's a viable strategy.

Maybe Magneto/Rocket Raccoon/Ammy.

Good Games Kevo.
You whooped my ass pretty good there!
I didn't realize Task's up arrows were such a good assist. Plus they put you in an advantageous situation after a teched air throw attempt. You've also shown me that you don't really need complicated combos like the rocket punch loops for nova to be effective.

I wanted that strider comeback vs your akuma Sooo bad!!!( I think it was in the second to last match...)

GGs mang!
heh, thanks! i kind of picked up arrows on a whim with nova. i tried horizontal arrows but it felt too much like how i would initiate offense with spencer's zip. it's actually been really good for nova and his slow airdashes, kind of like a ghetto hidden missiles. yeah, the only "fancy" combo i use with nova is his fly/unfly H loop in the corner, but most of the time i don't need the extra damage since i'll dhc into taskmaster.

hahaha i thought you were gonna go for some teleport shenanigans at the end of that match. i was really lucky you called super while i was in the air! i was in such a fortuitous angle for his air fireball super.

once you get those felicia resets going, youre tough to beat. also, that felicia alt costume goes for some ridiculous team color synergy with hawkeye lol

we gotta play again soon!

onionfrog

PR Balrog's stream showing me how much better my Felicia combos could be...

GGs mang!
heh, thanks! i kind of picked up arrows... it's actually been really good for nova and his slow airdashes, kind of like a ghetto hidden missiles.
Yeah It definitely worked quite well for nova.
hahaha i thought you were gonna go for some teleport shenanigans at the end of that match.
Man it was so close, we both had slivers of health remaining.
once you get those felicia resets going, youre tough to beat.
Thanks man.
also, that felicia alt costume goes for some ridiculous team color synergy with hawkeye lol
Of course! This is one of the most important things to consider when building a team. Your colors have to look legit and stylish!
we gotta play again soon!
Absolutely

mr. puppy

Banned
I think I'm gonna try running Magneto on point for a while. I want to burn level 1-xfactor, DHC to Mad Hopper and get the unblockable to kill the second character. I wonder if that's a viable strategy.

Maybe Magneto/Rocket Raccoon/Ammy.

if you use that team be sure to use the white colors for mags/RR, it makes them much harder to see with cold star. I did mags/rr/dante for awhile and choose the darker/purple colors to make jam session mixups harder to see. RR is pretty terrible against super jumpers though, especially with only cold star to help him.

Can PW turnabout mode do anything to MorriDoom?

Yea Ace Attorney that shit! If you don't wanna burn turnabout I would suggest using Order in the Court and use it's huge invincibility and delay a DHC at the last possible second. Since Wright flies during the hyper if you delay the DHC into the next character you can gain a significant distance without being put into block stun. It's effectiveness is limited to your next hyper coming in. Like for example I delay the DHC into Hulk's Gamma Crush and I almost get twice the distance a normal GC can hit. Just practice it with your team. Also if MorriDoom isn't in Astral Vision, Cell Phone nullifies projectiles and in X-Factor it will put them into the defense otherwise it's okay for preventing spam. In turnabout I would spam Paper too as it also goes through projectiles. Astral Vision is still a big problem though.

Top Bottom