• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

All this talk of the Vita version makes me sad how crappy the online community is in that version. People with 500 win streaks, because if they lose one character it's quitin time. It's so easy to do. So all three legit players that are currently playing will never find each other. The Vita version does make for an excellent portable training room.

Imagine God's Beard...training room whenever and wherever you are...testing theories on the fly....yea.......

as well as the replays with hitboxs and ability to take it 1 frame at a time

My friend showed me the Japanese wiki page for this game and I'm honestly really impressed by how in depth everything is. I wish my Japanese was better but I'm relying on Google translations and their impressions seem to be pretty spot on. The Hsien-Ko one made me chuckle....in sadness, of course.

http://www14.atwiki.jp/umvsc3/pages/56.html

Has little tricks like do have the combo, poor character judgment to hand attack, special skill, technique is usually better to reach.
Tend to be slow motion fight defend one overall.
Go approaching from this side of hopeless even surface mobility is only making the situation the person is approaching circumstance or for difficult, by making full use of such of the technique reflecting missile "a sound return," his approachable.
And usually throw pursuit from throwing frame, such as the front and rear lower middle and low altitude occurs early, with special dash, but it means busting rich, hard to go, have the status of the order to break drawbacks.
I am not not able to kill at least one character if there are characters that are connected tight for as long as there is a break of gauge thunder difficulty is somewhat higher.
Dance "whirlwind" of type α in the assist from using the "soul apart Takeshi" HC is a powerful, pressure screen system best assist.
Although he can be as an assist, but with a considerable disadvantage for the character and become one people
against the character of some unfortunate character that they can be also referred to as mating situation.
Not because, in the performance that can be highly recommended for beginners to advanced users also need to continue to use the love of the character and of course, prepared to go the road of thorns.

Marz

Guys. I just hooked up my PS3. I live in LA.
West coast PSN GAF add me.

sephi22

I'm in Utah. Added you.

All this talk of the Vita version makes me sad how crappy the online community is in that version. People with 500 win streaks, because if they lose one character it's quitin time. It's so easy to do. So all three legit players that are currently playing will never find each other. The Vita version does make for an excellent portable training room.

Imagine God's Beard...training room whenever and wherever you are...testing theories on the fly....yea.......

Vita version is really good. My Vita is pretty much just my mahvel training system.

I know for a fact that Log Trap can take 2 Soul Fists before disappearing. How much durability do they have? 3?

Edit: Wait nvm, it wasn't 2 Soul Fists, but the 3 Sentinel Drones.

I'm fairly certain point log trap and assist log trap have different durabilities. Correct me if I'm wrong, think it's like 5 vs 8-9 or something?

I'm fairly certain point log trap and assist log trap have different durabilities. Correct me if I'm wrong, think it's like 5 vs 8-9 or something?

5 on point, 10 on assist. It's basically useless against Morrigan.

Oh yeah, I was trying to figure out the durability of Mr.Flapper since the guide doesn't have it, but there's all kinds of weirdness going on with that so it'll take me a bit.

The crazy thing to me about Raccoon is that 2H has more durability than a double spitfire. I think Raccoon would be a more complete character if his jH was a flipped version of his 2H.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe a bit of an open ended question, but who's the easiet beam assist character to pick up as a beginner?
Depends entirely on what your using it for.

Doom for punishing purposes.
Magneto for cross-up based set ups.
Iron Man or Magneto for mid-combo extensions.

5 on point, 10 on assist. It's basically useless against Morrigan.

Oh yeah, I was trying to figure out the durability of Mr.Flapper since the guide doesn't have it, but there's all kinds of weirdness going on with that so it'll take me a bit.

The crazy thing to me about Raccoon is that 2H has more durability than a double spitfire. I think Raccoon would be a more complete character if his jH was a flipped version of his 2H.

You mean he'd shoot a laser diagonally down? That'd be...interesting I guess. Would certainly get more use from me than the current jH does anyways.

Zissou

I feel like Jill needs some kind of horizontal projectile/beam assist to get in since she has no projectiles and aerial mobility options of her own. Since she is so poor air-to-air, you'd probably be better off choosing either jam session OR vajra and then another character for horizontal coverage, like Jill/Dante/Swagnus or something.

Depends entirely on what your using it for.

Doom for punishing purposes.
Magneto for cross-up based set ups.
Iron Man or Magneto for mid-combo extensions.

EMD is asss at mid-combo extensions since it doesn't cause much hitstun. Early on it's amazing since it links things that don't normally go together(Spencer's overhead into M! Thor's sweep into a charged Mighty Strike!), and keeps scaling down while also creating good blockstrings.

Azure J

Since you play Viper then Zero... I suggest Spencer next. Gotta keep the top tier rolling.

I was actually dabbling with Spencer some, but he gets limited pickups from a Vajra assist call and since I pretty much hate every character that gives him anything worthwhile when paired together, looks like I'll never solve the equation (Spencer/Dante/x) for x. =/

Solune

Jill/Dante/Strider. Discuss.

Jill and Strider don't really mix well even with her teleport. Jill/Dante is pretty awesome, I was using Jill with Zero and Dante for a while. THC shenanigans are great and of course the Jam Session abuse. Beams or some type of lockdown assist is much better I think.

Frantic

Jill/Dante/Strider. Discuss.
It's a good team, but not the most optimal for Jill. Probably one of the better ones, though. I've played a Jill/Frank/Strider that's absolutely terrifying. The oki she gets off Vajra is almost as bad as getting hit into a full ToD combo from another character, just because her mixups are that insane. Makes it hard to stay in the air where Jill can't do jack against you(outside of hope to Somersault you as you come down), so you have to stick to the ground(where Dante can outzone her, admittedly, and Devil Trigger makes him safe from her machine gun super) but just getting put in blockstun once by Vajra and she gets in your face. Get hit? Hope you get lucky.

If you block a lockdown assist, then you're screwed, too.

I was actually dabbling with Spencer some, but he gets limited pickups from a Vajra assist call and since I pretty much hate every character that gives him anything worthwhile when paired together, looks like I'll never solve the equation (Spencer/Dante/x) for x. =/
Spencer/Dante/IM. It was my dream team in vanilla, but I couldn't play Iron-Man at all. Still can't, but that'd probably be the team I'd pick if I ever went back to Spencer.

Mr Goldenmyer

Neo Member
So last week I was able to play offline games with people who actually played Marvel at my college. My Spiderman isn't as bad as I thought it was, I even learned a few combos and stuff during the +50 games we played. My Iron Man is complete, grade A, ass though. Also, Vergil, Doom, Dorm and Wesker are actually really fun to play with so I might just make them into an alternate team.

I know I'm extremely late with the tech posted a few pages ago with the Anti-Air supers, but I was messing around in the lab today and found that Frank's picture special also works to land an anti air super (I only tried Ultimate Web Throw though so I may be wrong).

Zissou

I'm wondering how good this team would be: RR/Doom/Dog. The game plan would be:

1. Land a hit with RR and TAC into Doom infinite. Kill while building a ton of meter.

2. Do the mad hopper+boulder trap set-up to give Doom an unblockable on incoming. Kill
the second character. Use x-factor if necessary to guarantee I'll have the meter to do the set-up again.

3. Do the same unblockable on their last character and win.

I guess the question is- is there any reason this wouldn't work? (aside from Sentinel/Phoenix/Morrigan being able to escape, obviously). If it works, it'd mean 2 out of every three times you landed the first clean hit, you'd be guaranteed the win (assuming perfect execution on your part).

shaowebb

Uh oh Beardo...we got some stiff competition in that Darkstalkers Resurrection competition. Just look at this art they front paged from entries as they continue reviewing them!

Dat competition

There is no way the rest can be this bad. One is a bad DBZ mashup in drag.

Just started playing some UMvC3, and it feels good to use Frank/Ghost Rider/Nemesis again. I really do miss this game. Just really need to put my skills to the test on some players, I need the great feel of a rage quit. XD

Right now, just hitting up training mode to figure out some new tricks that I can possibly do.

shaowebb

That's just old concept art. Lol.

You mean that thing in the middle almost was how one of the Darkstalkers looked? O_O

EDIT: Oh thank God you were joking. I pulled out my Darkstalkers Graphic File art book to check the concepts on the cast and no one had those designs. I was legit scared someone at Capcom was doing bad DBZ fanart for concepts.

I'm wondering how good this team would be: RR/Doom/Dog. The game plan would be:

1. Land a hit with RR and TAC into Doom infinite. Kill while building a ton of meter.

2. Do the mad hopper+boulder trap set-up to give Doom an unblockable on incoming. Kill
the second character. Use x-factor if necessary to guarantee I'll have the meter to do the set-up again.

3. Do the same unblockable on their last character and win.

I guess the question is- is there any reason this wouldn't work? (aside from Sentinel/Phoenix/Morrigan being able to escape, obviously). If it works, it'd mean 2 out of every three times you landed the first clean hit, you'd be guaranteed the win (assuming perfect execution on your part).

It works until someone x-factors your block string and throws you in the air. Doom incoming with Ammy though is rough, it's a good strategy.

You mean that thing in the middle almost was how one of the Darkstalkers looked? O_O

EDIT: Oh thank God you were joking. I pulled out my Darkstalkers Graphic File art book to check the concepts on the cast and no one had those designs. I was legit scared someone at Capcom was doing bad DBZ fanart for concepts.

You wouldn't have wanted a buff Morrigan?? XD

I was legit scared someone at Capcom was doing bad DBZ fanart for concepts.

megaman-legends-3-herkouan.jpg

Just started playing some UMvC3, and it feels good to use Frank/Ghost Rider/Nemesis again. I really do miss this game. Just really need to put my skills to the test on some players, I need the great feel of a rage quit. XD

Right now, just hitting up training mode to figure out some new tricks that I can possibly do.

Frank on point? How are you getting good Frank Levels with that team? I love Frank, point Frank doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, love dem Midnight Bliss figurines :D

Alternatively if there isn't enough meter or the partners aren't good for THC leveling, land combo and call assist->snapshot->assist hits->snapshot again.

Top Bottom