• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Thanks guys, it was a qualifier tourney for last spot in another 16 invitational tourney in March. So the competition wasn't to terribly bad, but still. A win is a win. I glad I got the invite but I know I'm not getting far in the invitational that's for sure, but it's just getting there is good enough for me.

Marz

People say that because Million dollars takes up a lot of X factor time and without assists his slow normals have trouble opening people up. His high/low mixups aren't amazing.

I don't get why people say dante isn't a good anchor. Bad anchors are characters like haggar, hulk, hsienko, Shuma etc

Cool video Azure J, that's some groovy music too. I like the galick gun loops.

Because it takes work to open people up. His mix ups are pretty react-able even in x-factor level 3.

While with Vergil I can just throw a round trip, devil trigger, and teleport now you have no clue what the fuck is going on.

Even with a character like Wesker I can just do the Noel Brown (Jump back shoot two times, then do teleport (H) and now you most likely get hit on his way down).

Azure J

Because it takes work to open people up. His mix ups are pretty react-able even in x-factor level 3.

While with Vergil I can just throw a round trip, devil trigger, and teleport now you have no clue what the fuck is going on.

Even with a character like Wesker I can just do the Noel Brown (Jump back shoot two times, then do teleport (H) and now you most likely get hit on his way down).

Pretty much. That's why I feel like the keys to optimized XF3 Dante are:

- Don't X-Factor until you get a solid "un-droppable" hit confirm (a good Stinger, Reverb Shock/Jet Stream, Crystal, Twister, one of his standing starter buttons, or j.M/j.H)
- Avoid using Million Dollars. Seriously. Only use it if it's game winning.
- While in X-Factor, do whatever nets you the most meter on the first character/character KO and maintain Devil Trigger as often as possible
- When in X-Factor, everything you do should corner carry for Galick Gun loops

I don't think he's uber godlike, but I do feel he's is potentially a baby dark anchor. Like right underneath Amaterasu if anything:

Vergil~Strider
Phoenix
Amaterasu

I guess Capcom-Unity doesn't care much about frame data and hitboxes LOL

Azure J said:
I don't think he's uber godlike, but I do feel he's is potentially a baby dark anchor. Like right underneath Amaterasu if anything:

Magneto
Vergil~Strider
Phoenix
Amaterasu

fixed

fixed

I used to think like this too (that Magneto should be play as anchor). However now that more people are plink dashing and just better at invasion him not having any kind of gimmick teleport hurts a lot. I don't think he's that great in anchor anymore.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Slasher. I kept dropping so many combos that could have won me some matches x_x. Sorry if switching me switching teams around annoyed you or anything; I wanted to try out some different combinations. I kinda like my Vergil/Dante/Ammy team; gonna try work more with that.

Anyone else on PSN up for some games? PSN is TWILTHERO.

Good games TWILT.

Yea your Vergil/Dante/Ammy is your strongest, but I understand Dante/Strider too. Vajra is an amazing assist for Dante, but I don't think anchor Strider is working for ya. Tis an cunumdrum.

shaowebb

Contest wasn't really for that. You were talking like a coder with that stuff and what they wanted was an artist. It was mainly for describing character themes, and personality filled moves and visuals. Pretty general description of moves was all that was needed unless you wanted to do thumbnails or sketchups of particularly visual movements.

You should have gone more visual, but look at it like this...those winners had some really fun designs filled with tons of personality and all would be fun to see playable some day. And now...we get to KEEP our designs.

I'm gonna develop the everloving hell out of my Nanite slime girl. Cross between MODOK and Dhalsim? Hell yes!

This thing is gonna look great to animate :)
Put some effort into the art of your piece and make those ideas into some animations Beardo. Shit like that will look great on a portfolio...especially the Capcom directed one that is your only goal.

Yea it's weird I think he had some good setup's and could do some combo's pretty well but his Magneto stuff kept falling apart and he kept TAC for no real reason. Everybody was surprised he didn't switch to this Phoenix team earlier as that is the one he apparently plays. Switching teams on the very last round is dumb.

Yea it's weird I think he had some good setup's and could do some combo's pretty well but his Magneto stuff kept falling apart and he kept TAC for no real reason. Everybody was surprised he didn't switch to this Phoenix team earlier as that is the one he apparently plays. Switching teams on the very last round is dumb.

Dormammu with Hyper Grav assist :|

And that Magneto combo is literally the fraud combo. It's his easiest BnB.

GG Professor Beef! Solid Team you got there :)

I'm done for today. =p Playing Jill wears me out lol

GGs. Jill is a tricky character. I also noticed that Doom is the glue that holds your team together. Once he falls, your team tends to fall apart even with Vergil waiting in the wings. It's why I was willing to go to such lengths to kill him off.

Viperik

Banned
GGs. Jill is a tricky character. I also noticed that Doom is the glue that holds your team together. Once he falls, your team tends to fall apart even with Vergil waiting in the wings. It's why I was willing to go to such lengths to kill him off.

Yeah he's my favorite character since vanilla :)

I also just started "learning" Vergil (lol). I keep forgetting he doesn't need swords after Rapid Slash (XFactor). You got solid keepaway with Joe I don't know how to get in with Jill... also I never played against a good Joe before so thanks for the matchup experience.

How's your Jill faring? You don't see too many of them.

My Jill got bodied. I had my chances opening people up but I drop her combos. Still learning to cancel Feral Stance into blocks.

A lot of missed combos by simply doing the wrong Hulk super, but still very solid.

Thanks for the watch!

This happens to me a lot because I'll go for a Gamma Crush but the opponent is above me and falls past or behind me and screws up the input so I get Gamma Wave. Yea, I sure did drop a lot of air throw x Gamma Crush's too. Sometimes I feel it's pretty tight window if the air throw is close to the ground and you wanted to throw in the other direction. So I'd input the directions kinda fast and it looks like I whiff a L attack and do the Hyper anyway. Oh well I only started incorperating into my gameplay a couple of days ago, so live and learn.

We should play sometime batman.

This happens to me a lot because I'll go for a Gamma Crush but the opponent is above me and falls past or behind me and screws up the input so I get Gamma Wave. Yea, I sure did drop a lot of air throw x Gamma Crush's too. Sometimes I feel it's pretty tight window if the air throw is close to the ground and you wanted to throw in the other direction. So I'd input the directions kinda fast and it looks like I whiff a L attack and do the Hyper anyway. Oh well I only started incorperating into my gameplay a couple of days ago, so live and learn.

We should play sometime batman.

Sure, I added you back. I'm not great at this game or anything, but I still have my fun, learning some different teams. So free to Hulk online though. haha.

Sure, I added you back. I'm not great at this game or anything, but I still have my fun, learning some different teams. So free to Hulk online though. haha.

Well I'm always itching to try new teams out but I never can because I'm so integrated my main team that I feel I don't have a chance when it comes to really good players.

Azure J

Haha fuck you Super Skrull. Damn straight I'll Up Wire Grapple that randumb meteor smash.

There is nothing more satisfying in this game than telling a Meteor Smash player "NO" with something like that.one of my current favorite match endings was me openly taunting with Dante while he disappeared going up only for the giant KO to appear on screen because Strider assist kicked him square out of the air over my head.

There is nothing more satisfying in this game than telling a Meteor Smash player "NO" with something like that.one of my current favorite match endings was me openly taunting with Dante while he disappeared going up only for the giant KO to appear on screen because Strider assist kicked him square out of the air over my head.

Moments like that are why I wish they fucking added replays as DLC or something =__=

Azure J

Stupid video makes me want to learn Stirder. Zero, Dante, Strider is looking so much better than ZmC.

I seriously cannot recommend playing Strider with Dante enough. He completes the overall package that is Dante and Dante does similar things for Strider. What's more, the two give tremendous support to a large majority of the cast. It's almost harder to find characters Dante/Strider don't aid in someway at this point. :lol

Thing about the duo though, you'd better invest some real time into them. If you do, you're rewarded with some of the best synergy in the game free.

smurfx

get some go again
lol i was battling this strange and i had a pixel of life left with haggar and he uses his book hyper and of course i just lariat through it and then this guy does his counter hyper for some reason and i kill him with a command grab. of course he rage quit after that but i was dying laughing. dude was desperately chasing me down trying to take that pixel but just couldn't do it.

I'd have used the color for a long time now if I could have got it.

Sucks that you got good internet when H&H was already dead. I've been using that trick 645 mentioned for the last two weeks now.

EDIT: Oh Iron Man, why would you do a THC against Joe while I'm standing still and have 3 meters?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'd have used the color for a long time now if I could have got it.

I saw this on my friends facebook today lol

d77AOHW.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well depends if you got hit/was forced to block the initial hit of Proton Cannon.

I've been doing random THCs a lot recent just to catch people doing teleports etc with that.

Top Bottom