• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I keep on messing up Cap's easy ass bnb. It goes H 8H and sometimes I'll get a double jump and it will fuck everything up.

Someone play me.

Dahbomb

All I have to say is....

Don't believe his fucking lies. He's at it again.

LMAO @ Wesker's "Skills" description:

Calling for help
Teleporting to safety
Hiding until his teammates die so he can activate XFLVL3

I traded my 360 copy for a PS3 one. It's mainly because my good stick died, and I'd rather play on PS3 pad than 360 pad.

Eventually I'll pick it up on exbox again.

Nert

I still play on 360 sporadically. I dropped from 1st Lord to 2nd Lord while getting used to a Viewtiful Joe/Deadpool/Doctor Strange alt team, but it was totally worth it :D

onionfrog

Is there a list of users that have it on ps3 and those that have it on 360?
Yeah, on the first page of the thread there is a link to a spreadsheet of all the marvelGAF players. Add yourself to it if you haven't already.

Below is a quote with the link: -->
Being the heavily multiplayer-based game UMvC3 is, naturally you want to get some games in with your fellow GAFers. And there are a few ways to do so. Karsticles has created this handy spreadsheet that you can add yourself to, which is informative and helpful when it comes to finding matches with fellow GAFers.

Is that really a test of a guard break? I heard the computer only tries to tech on the first frame if possible and thats it, but can't you late tech grabs?

fader

what is X Factor was like Pandora where there was a time limit to kill the opponet or else you looe. think that would make it less cheap?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
what is X Factor was like Pandora where there was a time limit to kill the opponet or else you looe. think that would make it less cheap?

That wouldn't work in marvel

Also mvc3 is slowly becoming more broken than MvC2 :p but with way more usable characters so hey it's still a fuck ton better :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
X-Factor is pretty well balance, all it needs is a VERY, VERY small damage bonus decrease. Any other changes and it's teetering on useless.

Plus Pandora is a shitty, half-thought out mechanic anyways, I don't think Pandora even in it's current form is a good or smart idea.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
X-Factor is pretty well balance, all it needs is a VERY, VERY small damage bonus decrease. Any other changes and it's teetering on useless.

Plus Pandora is a shitty, half-thought out mechanic anyways, I don't think Pandora even in it's current form is a good or smart idea.

It's only ment as a match ender in it's current form. It does a fuck ton of damage now and last long enough to do a full combo. But it requires pretty specific set ups

Dahbomb

That would make it much less useful and put the emphasis back on "first hit = win". No one would then use XFLVL1 early for strategic kills and everyone would save it for hail mary XFLVL3 comebacks. Part of the XF meta is counter XF to beat a LVL3XF character... if you waste XFLVL1 earlier than the opponent then you will lose faster despite having 3 characters over the opponent.

That would make it much less useful and put the emphasis back on "first hit = win". No one would then use XFLVL1 early for strategic kills and everyone would save it for hail mary XFLVL3 comebacks. Part of the XF meta is counter XF to beat a LVL3XF character... if you waste XFLVL1 earlier than the opponent then you will lose faster despite having 3 characters over the opponent.

I'm totally okay with this. If he x-factor level 3 for the hail mary and gets my 1st 2 character all I have to do is x-factor then run away and watch him die to time.

onionfrog

Good Games Slasher!
I did especially bad against your main team today. I think it messes with my head that normal mindless rushdown does not work against your team, maya shield blocks if all lol.

As you could no doubt tell, my dante is straight up ass. But it was nice to get a chance to mess around with some different characters.

Good games Onion Frog.

And I agree with the fact that Strider not in X-Factor isn't scary.

Your Dante Onion might be bad but he's nowhere as bad as my X-23 was lol.

smurfx

get some go again
was there some jill dominating at a tournament or something? been seeing a bunch of jills on ranked lately. they are all garbage but i guess people are trying.

I've been noticing a lot of Jill's as well. And some of them have been giving me some serious problems. A lot of Doctor Strange players have been showing up as well. Most of them ass. I think everyone just loves bolts assist.

Azure J

Remove xfactor add in 2 bar cost roman cancels :p

I would be SO down for this, oh God the combos and neutral control I could pull off...

I've known about the bird one for a while, but they're a huge pain in the ass for me to perform, lol. I suck at timing the dash.

I still think Strider is one of the best point characters in the game. He has so much cheap stuff that gets overshadowed by low damage.

See, we get it because we're both Dante players on top of being Strider players, but wait until that bandwagon kicks in and people are all "hurr we knew he was good guys". Ah well, at least it'll be fun playing hipster and maining characters before the meta made them "cool" (again).

Top Bottom