• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Dahbomb

Speaking of Vergil, I've decided to never use Teleport L. Fixing all my setups to work with Teleport H for the front mixup.

Also, plink dashing is scary with Vergil.

edit: whoo Vergil fuzzy guard/ambiguous crossup on Nemesis lol
And that is useful because so many people play Nemesis.

The only good fuzzy guard set ups that Vergil has are available to him only in DT.

Anybody know any good anti Dark Phoenix video's. I feel I really need to get good at the counter tech cause I've been playing a lot recently and am not very good against it.

Anybody know any good anti Dark Phoenix video's. I feel I really need to get good at the counter tech cause I've been playing a lot recently and am not very good against it.

Which characters are you looking for specifically?
EDIT
There's Nemesis, She Hulk, Frank West, Spider Man, Super Skrull, Thor, Morrigan, X-23,

Where's Karsticles? I need your brain!

Zissou

The Japanese anti-phoenix tech means you have a 2/3 chance to take away a bar and win or free once you've touched regular phoenix. It's not difficult to do.

The Japanese anti-phoenix tech means you have a 2/3 chance to take away a bar and win or free once you've touched regular phoenix. It's not difficult to do.

You also have to time it perfectly. I've seen so many people fuck it up and blow x-factor which is pretty much auto loss if you're going up against Dark Phx w/o x-factor.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You can always play with random people coming into the lobby. I'm pretty sure they all would be better than GB anyway.

Solune

M trick shot to Ice Arrow always works. Just have to dash back before doing it in the corner.
M Trick Shot is the rolling maneuver though? Unless you mean L Trick Shot ~ M = Freeze Shot.
Hey guys is Vergil's Rising Sun a decent assist? I want to see if I can get some good blockstrings using its for Sentinel. Something like timing Rising sun so it comes out between all of his slow ass moves?

It's a bad assist outside of combos, the hitstun the assist version does is also much much less than the point version. You can tell because the link window to teleport > sj.M after you Crossover is hard to follow up. Rapid Slash is the best assist without a doubt, takes them fullscreen and puts them in massive block stun.

Why is rapid slash fucking impossible to block. I hate that move so much.

Andddoes anyone know how much damage Doom's level 3 does in xf3 if fully mashed? I won't have access to the game for a couple of days. I'm wondering so I know who you can kill if they have full life or with very little damage done to them. I know you can kill Vergil if you just chip him with one or two plasma beams

Both his and Wolverines cross up suck, but I have better luck blocking Vergils. Go figure. xD

Anti Phoenix tech, is Turnabout Phoenix ;) ha. I remember you getting her with the lvl 3 in a vid. Fun stuff. There's some youtube vids out there.

LakeEarth

Andddoes anyone know how much damage Doom's level 3 does in xf3 if fully mashed? I won't have access to the game for a couple of days. I'm wondering so I know who you can kill if they have full life or with very little damage done to them. I know you can kill Vergil if you just chip him with one or two plasma beams

Getting my numbers from SRK's wiki:
- Doom's XF3 damage increase is 170%\
- Doom level 3 hyper does 479,000 mashed

Doing the math, it does about 814300 damage.

Wesker's does like 880k in level 4 x-factor.

Edit: fun little self-suffcient Dormammu combo I just made up:

2LH+A2(EMD) xx Power of the Destructor, LS, jMMHS, A1(Low Shot), Power of the Creator, Dark Matter, Power of the Destructor, S, jMHS, Liberation(Volcano), Purification L xx Chaotic Flame

~850k

Anti Phoenix tech, is Turnabout Phoenix ;) ha. I remember you getting her with the lvl 3 in a vid.

This is what I've been doing but I feel like it isn't the best strategy. Last night I was playing a guy and he just sit there and zoned and didn't even try to stop me from gathering evidence. I got Turnabout almost every match easily but by the time that happened he already had five bars with Morrigan assist and three full health characters. This is not working for me. I need to start Wesker and do snap in's.

FSLink

Banned
This is what I've been doing but I feel like it isn't the best strategy. Last night I was playing a guy and he just sit there and zoned and didn't even try to stop me from gathering evidence. I got Turnabout almost every match easily but by the time that happened he already had five bars with Morrigan assist and three full health characters. This is not working for me. I need to start Wesker and do snap in's.

Yeah outside of a surprise Lv3 from Turnabout Wright, Dark Phoenix XF3 is not a great matchup at all. If I'm using Wright I tend to have some starter character/Wright/Vergil.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Come to think of it, there are no multi-hitting high or low assists, are there? Felicia's doesn't count because only the one hit is low.
Do Weasel Shot and Crystal assist have multiple hits on the assist variants?

..does Weasel Shot assist even OTG?

Frantic

Plink-throw/dash is the best option select ever. My survival rate at the start of the round with Dante has shot up quite a bit thanks to it.

Thinking about jumping back in the water of UMvC3. My question to you is I want to play Frank on point and Dorm as anchor but cant for the life of me figure out a character that can appease and work with both. Any suggestions? I was using Hulk for a while but trying to get away from that. Also Cap was an idea but any suggestions would be awesome.

Thinking about jumping back in the water of UMvC3. My question to you is I want to play Frank on point and Dorm as anchor but cant for the life of me figure out a character that can appease and work with both. Any suggestions? I was using Hulk for a while but trying to get away from that. Also Cap was an idea but any suggestions would be awesome.

Dante, Nova, Joe, Skrull, and Deadpool all work well with Frank, at least in terms of leveling him up. I'm not a Dorm player so I can't really tell who would work well with him out of the characters I mentioned.
Someone else say they want to partake in this lobby.
I'm eating dinner, but I can play afterwards.

Top Bottom