• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Decided to make a new team today and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Felicia/Nova/Strider. Easy unblockables between Felicia and Nova and they can both really capitalize off of vajra knockdown. Does anyone use this team? I'm also still trying to build a team around Modok and so far the best I can come up with is Modok/Dante/Sentinel. Anyone have any advice?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just got Magneto Herald colour, fuck yeah.

Anyone have all the Herald colours? I stopped choosing-a-side-and-not-contributing a long while ago, but someone might have been able to get it by now methinks if they guessed what team right every week at least.

Anyone have all the Herald colours? I stopped choosing-a-side-and-not-contributing a long while ago, but someone might have been able to get it by now methinks if they guessed what team right every week at least.

I have about half of them. Wesker's is still the best.

All I want is the Herald color for Firebrand. :(

mr. puppy

Banned
Decided to make a new team today and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Felicia/Nova/Strider. Easy unblockables between Felicia and Nova and they can both really capitalize off of vajra knockdown. Does anyone use this team? I'm also still trying to build a team around Modok and so far the best I can come up with is Modok/Dante/Sentinel. Anyone have any advice?

haha i've played with modok/dante/sentinel before, I saw Marlinpie using that on stream once and wanted to try it. Seemed pretty good I think, though it depends how good your wackbot anchor is.

A lot of people like hidden missile with modok for obvious reasons, maybe try that out?

mr. puppy

Banned
Zak Bennett ‏@FGZak

TOD on Thor from a Firebrand touch, finally got it :eek:

....No TAC, only uses 1 assist, meter gain = - a lot... It's a touch from Firebrand, doesn't mean it's a Firebrand combo!

My Charging Star combo is as follows:

(Random)
Charging Star Heavy > Hit opponent and assist > Hyper Charging Star > X-Factor if in corner > Nova ground bounce assist > Air series > Shield Slash L > Hyper Charging Star

It always works.

Exactly what I was gonna say.

Firebrand is so damn annoying. Can someone explain projectile durability to me?

If you just simplify it it as single-hit projectiles(hadoken) and light beams(EMD L) have 5 durability, multi-hit projectiles(taskmaster arrows) beat single hit but lose damage and heavy beams(plasma beam) beat everything but hypers, you'll generally be fine. Individual beam durability and hyper durability will come to you as you play match ups, so I wouldn't worry about it.

mr. puppy

Banned
Been having fun with Nova/Dorm/Shuma over the weekend.

Really like dropping flame carpet and setting up an unblockable with Nova's overhead assist. Also, having nova+dorm's beams for easy assist punishes is a good crutch for me.

It's probably a Firebrand combo into Doom hard tag.

oh right he pussed out and went doom/ammy

Solune

All I've been doing is abusing Hawkeye's Violent Fizz assist because the damage tacked on is slightly more than an upgrapple.

So far characters that I can reach 1 million 1 meter with Violent Fizz are:

Spencer (duh)
Zero (duh)
Vergil
Iron Fist
Wesker

I've tried but failed with:

Ryu
Wolverine
Captain America

All my other time is spent playing Waifu Emblem.

onionfrog

This thread slowed the fuck down after Karst got banned, goddamn.
It's definitely a contributing factor. Anyone remember when exactly he got banned, his ban has got to be close to being over by now.

All my other time is spent playing Waifu Emblem.
I'm back in school and I got Fire Emblem. Still been playing on and off, though.

You guys have good taste! I'm seriously considering buying a 3DS just to play the new fire emblem. Do they still have that class change crap from FE DS in the new game? I didn't much care for that.

And to get back on the topic of marvel:
I think I'm gonna play a really brain dead team next time I get online.

Wolverine/Wesker/Hawkeye seems a likely choice.
Or Wolverine/Sentinel/Wesker...
It'll be something with wolverine, so I won't have to think too much.

Frantic

I've still been playing on the regular. A bit less than normal due to online latency getting more and more noticable to me as my execution gets better, to the point where I literally cannot do half the things I attempt to do. >_>

I'm also actually working on that Dante guide I started. I've made it even more comprehensive than before, so it eats up a fair share of my free time. It's been more fun making it than the last time, though.

I plan to Platinum Dead Space 3 and Metal Gear Rising. Goddamn it's gonna be a long and hard run. Don't worry though folks I haven't given up on Marvel, I gotta prep for a local tourney in the coming weeks.

TWILT

Banned
I still play Marvel on and off. I've also been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening lol and I plan on getting Revengeance when it comes out.

If you just simplify it it as single-hit projectiles(hadoken) and light beams(EMD L) have 5 durability, multi-hit projectiles(taskmaster arrows) beat single hit but lose damage and heavy beams(plasma beam) beat everything but hypers, you'll generally be fine. Individual beam durability and hyper durability will come to you as you play match ups, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks sir. I generally don't worry about it too much. I was just flustered at the time because Firebrands fireball was going through damn near everything and it just had me wondering. I rarely ever keep up with technical shit in fighting games. I remember talking to Alex Valle a long long time ago and I he mentioned not knowing shit about frames or anything, he just said "I know what works and what doesn't". I just laughed, and that's kind of how I've always been as well.

Zissou

I think it's a natural progression that as a fighting game's meta game stabilizes and there are fewer new inquisitive people trying to learn the game, more and more discussion becomes centered on players and tournament results, the discussion of which mostly occurs in the FGC weekly thread. Marvel, as the haven of theory fighters everywhere, still has plenty of undiscovered stuff though, so I imagine this OT will be more active than other fighters' OTs even as the game ages.

Thanks sir. I generally don't worry about it too much. I was just flustered at the time because Firebrands fireball was going through damn near everything and it just had me wondering. I rarely ever keep up with technical shit in fighting games. I remember talking to Alex Valle a long long time ago and I he mentioned not knowing shit about frames or anything, he just said "I know what works and what doesn't". I just laughed, and that's kind of how I've always been as well.

There's some weird psychology in Marvel where people think certain fireballs(like Firebrand or Morrigan) have higher durability than most, but they don't at all. Still 5 like most everything. Nemesis' rocket actually has the lowest durability in the game at 1 point. There are very, very few single-hit projectiles worth worrying about as far as durability goes. Pretty much just Magnum and Gold Arthur stuff.

Top Bottom