• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

alternate version:

H+A1(Rapid Slash) xx Triple Arrows, Dead Arrow, H xx Dead Arrow, H xx Dead Arrow, H + A2(Vajra) xx Dead Arrow, dash, Poison Shot

388,200 + 90,000 meterless damage
492,700 + 90,000 with gimlet

edit: GB's Ultimate Fullscreen Hawkeye combo:

H+A1(Rapid Slash) xx Triple Arrows, Dead Arrow, H xx Dead Arrow, H xx Dead Arrow, H + A2(Vajra) xx Dead Arrow, dash, 6M, 3HS, jMMHS, Poison Shot xx Gimlet

433,000 + 90,000 meterless damage
508,000 + 90,000 with gimlet
>850,000 with DHC to Spiral Swords(can probably break 900k including poison damage)

Firebrand anti-Phoenix tech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w33P_CpAn2w&

Credit to SRK, I didn't see anything posted here.

El Gato - Modok

El Gato - Dr. Strange

El Gato - Doom

P.S Welcome back Karst.
I actually had those combos saved to post and then deleted them. Thanks for the welcome.

I think I'm gonna try nova/frank/sentinel or nova/frank/Hawkeye as a fun side team.

Welcome back Karst!
We need to play sometime and see if I have gotten any better since we last played.(Which was months ago IIRC)
Sure thing, and thanks for the welcome.

Welcome back Karst.
Thanks.

Welcome back Karst!

MAHVELGAF, RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE
Thanks; Beef is apparently considering running BeefBats, so maybe we'll get more activity. It'd be nice if they were organized in here so we can have conversations about the matches and such.

Welcome back, Karst.
Thanks!

Magneto/Dormammu/Morrigan THC does almost 400k in chip damage and leads to a free mixup opportunity.
Finishing Shower is so random and awkward, though...

This is interesting to say the least. Jill really is the mix up queen and can be quite scary but doesn't get much use still. I guess a few things are still holding people back from playing her.

Welcome back Karst, I hope your MarvelGAF vacation was relaxing for you. I wish I could have seen your last tourney match though it sounded epic.
I really enjoyed that video. That Jill was better than FlashMetroid or PR Balrog, for sure.

My set with ILL-Virtue was epic. I was pissed when he said his cam died. -_- I would have asked you to record it, but he PMed me Sunday and asked to play that evening, so there wasn't a lot of time to organize.

Karst I don't think I've seen any vids of you playing yet, but you play Dorm, Morrigan, and Phoenix right? How the hell does that work out since they all enjoy meter. What is your general strategy? I'd love to see some videos. I do use Dorm and Morrigan together on occasion just cause I like using stalking flare so much. Welcome back by the way.

Crazy play at Yipes' house:
http://www.twitch.tv/ifcyipes

Welcome back Karst!

Does this tech only work if Dark Phoenix keeps advance guarding? XF would be a nice counter and just normal block if that's the case.
There are probably a few frames where you can escape. At least with some of the setups, it looks like. Thanks for the welcome back.

Karst I don't think I've seen any vids of you playing yet, but you play Dorm, Morrigan, and Phoenix right? How the hell does that work out since they all enjoy meter. What is your general strategy? I'd love to see some videos. I do use Dorm and Morrigan together on occasion just cause I like using stalking flare so much. Welcome back by the way.
Slasher took some videos of me playing him...here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJOsdXFnoRk

IMO, if you want to use Dormammu/Morrigan, your third should be Doom, Strider, or Vergil. Creative and exciting, I know.

Thanks for the welcome back.

But it's so cool! Shockwave pushes them fullscreen, then Finishing Shower links it to Stalking Flare!
Liberation assist with two characters that can't OTG?

Liberation assist is the best! Magneto doesn't need assists, but you can get an extra hyper grav with it or use it to cover magnetic field L before it's stocked up. I pretty much just use the stocked versions for monster damage in combos(800k meterless with Magneto!) or resetting the playing field(sousou plus meteors).

Shockwave to Stalking Flare to Astral Vision is pretty sweet.

Yipes' Dante is so good. But his Magneto is asssssss

tumblr_ljvrxpTeuA1qgu4ug.gif

But but but he plays anchor Magnus!

*I believe that most people anchor characters are ass anyways.....*

I spent about a total of 1 hour in the last year learning my character in x-factor level 3.

*Problems of a Zero player.. we plan everything out except for when shit goes wrong*

People that x-factor gravity squeeze make me sad. You can kill two characters without using meter in level 3 x-factor and it's not even hard combos. jump h blast, jump mh blast, jump h blast...

Azure J

I highly suggest people go back and watch the first Moonz vs. Mike Infinite set, and the entirety of the Moonz vs. Yipes play. This is Marvel at it's best right here.

I knew I forgot to watch something in that stream archive. I got there when Yipes had paused playing and casuals with Mike, Matrix and RayRay were going on.

May I also take time out to say that I fucking love how Yipes' stream chat is like the mecca for Dante players? I wound up staying in the chat exchanging real info and having a blast with tons of Dante heads there. :lol

I spent about a total of 1 hour in the last year learning my character in x-factor level 3.

*Problems of a Zero player.. we plan everything out except for when shit goes wrong*

People were calling me weird for learning my team (Viper/Dante/Strider) in odd configurations just so I'd have some thing to work with if they were ever left to fend for themselves as much. I still have a lot to learn but when I read stuff like this, I'm happy I attempted it at least.

As good as Yipes' Dante is, his Spencer team is 100x better. Holy goddamn.

Which totally sucks because I recognize how powerful it is in a tournament setting but that team is total ResidentSleeper for me. Doesn't help that it's made of guys I kinda have a massive bias against at worst, find irritating at best (Hawkeye).

Frantic

May I also take time out to say that I fucking love how Yipes' stream chat is like the mecca for Dante players? I wound up staying in the chat exchanging real info and having a blast with tons of Dante heads there. :lol
Going into the stream chat and having people recognize me for my videos was pretty cool.

Though I tend to get irritated with Dante talk in general. Too much misinformation. I also got annoyed when Yipes said Dante was not broken in vanilla and didn't deserve to be nerfed. No, just... no. It's also no wonder Chris Matrix thinks he sucks, since all he does is box dash j.H all day. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I swear, you and I are the only Dantes with confidence in him. lol.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";47984774]I feel stronger now.[/QUOTE]
This is a terrible change. Anyway, are you still working on that drawing for me? How did your Sagat entry go?

Yeah the Dante stream chat was awesome lol. I was just spamming yipes to pick up strider but he wasn't budging. Hopefully I got a few YouTube subscriptions for Frantic and Azure and getting them the recognition they deserve for their vids.

Frantic

God's Beard's new username makes me think of someone attempting his 'theory' in a live match, failing, then shaking a fist while shouting "God's Beard!" to the sky.

Yeah the Dante stream chat was awesome lol. I was just spamming yipes to pick up strider but he wasn't budging. Hopefully I got a few YouTube subscriptions for Frantic and Azure and getting them the recognition they deserve for their vids.
Did he ever specify why he didn't want to pick up Strider? All I heard was him say 'I'll leave it to Clockwork' or something like that. That's not a good enough excuse when he himself was hyping the duo up!

Also, footwurk subscribed to me, so there is that. :p

God's Beard's new username makes me think of someone attempting his 'theory' in a live match, failing, then shaking a fist while shouting "God's Beard!" to the sky.

Did he ever specify why he didn't want to pick up Strider? All I heard was him say 'I'll leave it to Clockwork' or something like that. That's not a good enough excuse when he himself was hyping the duo up!

Also, footwurk subscribed to me, so there is that. :p

He was just saying it wasn't his type of character. Shitty excuse if you ask me.

But he plays teleport characters with swords... how is Strider not his type of character? lol

If Yipes feels that Dante takes too much work and got screwed over badly in UMvC3 the odds of him liking Strider with his even shittier damage scaling is slim. Especially when he loves to use X Factor early.

What incentive does Yipes have to pick up Strider anyway? He could replace Mag with Strider for his Wesker/Dante/Mag and Dante/Vergil/Mag team but how does that make those teams better?

This is a terrible change. Anyway, are you still working on that drawing for me? How did your Sagat entry go?

It's to prevent confusion. Nobody realized it was an exclamation before. I'm tired of people expecting me to have some bad ass beard.

And yeah, but you were banned so I stopped working on it lol

Capcom apparently isn't a fan of entries that are 80% frame data and hit boxes.

Top Bottom