• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

I know this is off topic, but after seeing how a Skullgirls DLC character made 150,000 in a single day on indiegogo I thought it might be interesting if capcom used the site or kickstarter to fund dlc for future games. Maybe go by character votes, then pledges and offer gifts and other merchandise as prizes for pledging.

I would kill for more mahvel or an all capcom fighter in the style of tvc/mvc3

I know this is off topic, but after seeing how a Skullgirls DLC character made 150,000 in a single day on indiegogo I thought it might be interesting if capcom used the site or kickstarter to fund dlc for future games. Maybe go by character votes, then pledges and offer gifts and other merchandise as prizes for pledging.

I would kill for more mahvel or an all capcom fighter in the style of tvc/mvc3
You are really pushing this hard, I see. We couldn't afford to pay what Capcom does and they've got the money to make it happen without us funding a grown publisher.

Skullgirlsdonationdrive_zps35a5be28.jpg

Skullgirlsdonationdrive2_zps3cfe8655.jpg

They are messing around a bit, of course.

fader

It's sort of a plink dash that you can only do with the one button dash button that makes dashing and air dashing much faster for certain characters. It also at the same time option selects in a throw when it's done or something like that. Characters like Magneto, Storm, Doom, Dormammu, Trish, Morrigan, etc. have much faster air movement and characters on the ground like Spencer and Dante have faster ground dash movement. Not that good of an explanation but someone else might be able to elaborate further.

you pretty much nailed it. you put L+M+H on one button and use that as your dashing. its extremely practical and making dashing so much easier.

They recorded a video, i think they might put it up soon or if your subbed to fgtvlive watch the replays.

only thing that worries me is people may pridefully ignore it not wanting to do it but i think this is how you can optimize so many of the cast.

Azure J

EDIT: LOL

kittyslash.jpg

Dem hit globes.

"Her tits are perky, let them anti-air!"

Capcom/8ing logic.

you pretty much nailed it. you put L+M+H on one button and use that as your dashing. its extremely practical and making dashing so much easier.

They recorded a video, i think they might put it up soon or if your subbed to fgtvlive watch the replays.

only thing that worries me is people may pridefully ignore it not wanting to do it but i think this is how you can optimize so many of the cast.

And people were telling me this was new... *hipster mode*

If only Vergil had Jam Session that team would be 100% complete. But Viscant said something that I want to elaborate more of and that's it's not easy to get a incoming mixup with Zero + missiles (if the initial mix up fails). With Jam session there's layer upon layer.

For example mixups #1 can lead to 1)A, or 1)B (depending on if they block etc).. If Example 1 fails. You can go right into mixup #2 which leads to 2)A, or 2)B.

You don't have that without JS. So if they block the first incoming mix up it's back to the neutral game. And the fear of Zero turning it into a 1P game is dramatically decreased.

Zero/Dante/Strider still the best Zero team imo. It just a matter of can you turn all the Dante theory to reality.

Marz

I always just pressed 2 buttons to dash (l & m) its gonna kind of suck to have to learn movement stuff and muscle memory for combos over again:(

I guess using lmh gives you a throw option select as well?

Anth0ny

I'm still trying to understand how that airdash shit from FGTV works.

You map one button to LMHS and this somehow gives Magneto the ability to dash like he's on crack?

Dahbomb

The input is H plinked into L + M + H plus a direction preferably up/forward while in flight mode.

All parts of the dashes are OSing throws compared to people doing L plinked to M + H or something.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I remember Clakey D talking about this at the beginning of Vanilla.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what FChamp is doing, I assumed all top player had been doing this the past 2 years too.

I used to do it but dropped it in favor of regular wavedashing because I sucked and got H on occasion.

Dahbomb

That was plink dashing this is a modified and better version of it.

If you do this right your input will show L then M and H on top of each other followed by another L then M and H on top of each other.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wait so what exactly is the sequence of button presses?

The old way shows H then L+M

I think I got it

No it's actually the same exact thing lol.

At least for pad.

Azure J

Wait so what exactly is the sequence of button presses?

The old way shows H then L+M

I think I got it

No it's actually the same exact thing lol.

At least for pad.

Methinks pad warriors aren't going to notice much difference especially if they're already doing something with H plinks. It's some real shit, but I still haven't seen the big "who" everyone's getting currently since I've been H to M plinking my dashes forever.

Dahbomb

H to M plinking doesn't give you the same option selects. Chris was just back dashing non stop and FChamp was teleporting with Phoenix which Chris grabbed everytime because of the OS.

GGs earlier Karst. Goddamn Phoenix team is hard for me.

*grumbles and goes back to playing MGS Rising
GGs. My Phoenix improves every time I play. She's pretty respectable now. I feel like I have a whole second team stored up in her, it's wonderful. I don't know why your goddamn Gamma Crushes always hit me when I XFC into blockstun with her, though. -_-

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
No you have that one crossup that Beardo never blocks. But like you can alter it against people who might actually block it. I've just never seen you do it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Joe can do 2 box dashes in the air, one after the other. So forward then back. You can crossup then come back to the original side or if you start the first box dash late enough you can fake returning to the original side.

Scummy shit, I'd never be able to block it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Could someone real quick tell me the best control config. when you're using PS3 pad?
Default imo. Rearrange shoulder buttons if needed (like if you need a shoulder button to charge Zero's buster or want to mess around with various ways to plink on pad).

onionfrog

I've put X-Factor mapped to R3, just so I don't get another attack instead of X-Factor just incase.
Interesting, I guess I have big enough thumbs that I can just hit all four face buttons at once by slamming my thumb in the middle of them.

I need to learn Doom so that I can run Felicia backed by Plasma Beam.

I'm also having fun with Nova, I like that I don't have to think too much when using him.
So far, Nova/Hawkeye/Sentinel and Nova/Frank/Sentinel have been pretty solid.
I might try Felicia/Nova/Hawkeye. Unblockables with Nova's assist sound like fun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So a colossal amount of spoilers have come out for Iron Man 3 (Spoilers: its going to be incredible) Check the MCU thread if your interested. Of note to this thread:

>>46665139
MARK XLII - X01
PARTICLE RADIATION CANNON ATTACHMENT
Unable to deal with FIREPOWER's fiery attacks, TONY STARK designs the PARTICLE RADIATION CANNON to absorb and channel TAGGERT's heat against him.

PROTON CANNONNNNNNN!!!

Hopefully not that bleeding edge POS.

Top Bottom