• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
My main Xbox is back after leaving it at a friend's for about a month. Available for games again, but I'll be rusty as hell.

Wow didn't even know you can link SoVs like that. The more you know...
I think he throws out the FotF right before doing the hyper, so the fireball just barely connects in time to let him link a second one. You definitely can't link SoVs together normally.

Self-mumble: why couldn't they make this Morrigan's alternate outfit?
Punishment.gif

Just...add it to the to-do list for MvC4, and we'll be good, mkay? I suppose I can count on Ono to do something like that for Darkstalkers 4, at least. He puts out so many costumes...

Azure J

Self-mumble: why couldn't they make this Morrigan's alternate outfit?
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv248/RuneMeyamoto/MyEdits/Lalandra%20and%20Rune%20Attacks/Punishment.gif

Just...add it to the to-do list for MvC4, and we'll be good, mkay? I suppose I can count on Ono to do something like that for Darkstalkers 4, at least. He puts out so many costumes...[/QUOTE]

Same reason why Lilith wasn't the mirror in Astral Vision, Shadow Blade and Darkness Illusion I guess. Whatever that reason may be. Hell, I still want Marilyn Monroe Felicia. I need some classy alts so I can put together a "Team Dapper". :lol

Want me to use that outfit for your emblem? I just got a composition approved for a paid commission, so after I finish the final for that you're up.
Naw, use her classic outfit please. Thank you for asking - I'm excited to see it. What's the paid commission of?

Same reason why Lilith wasn't the mirror in Astral Vision, Shadow Blade and Darkness Illusion I guess. Whatever that reason may be. Hell, I still want Marilyn Monroe Felicia. I need some classy alts so I can put together a "Team Dapper". :lol
I'm all about Showgirl Felicia. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to hope for Ono to give me a good set of outfits for Morrigan. I'm terrified to think of the overly muscular body he might give her.

Slightly out of the corner Dark Matter xx Stalking Flare DHC Astral Vision, super jump forward Soul Drain?
Try it and find out how much it doesn't work. :p

I've even tried the following recently:
1) Morrigan bnb.
2) TAC to Dormammu.
3) qcb.H, qcb.AA
4) DHC Astral Vision
5) Superjump
6) Soul Drain

WHIFF!

Why is it so hard? -_-

Can you raw tag off of Meteor shower and do it? What if you use purification assist?
Raw tag off of Meteor Shower would be too slow (Frank West can just barely take a picture after recovering from the tag).

Purification assist would work if Morrigan were on point already as an OTG, but how am I making my opponent land in the first place? I suppose Meteor Shower + Purification assist might work, but I am looking for something that doesn't make me use one of the worst assists in the game, and that isn't highly circumstantial. :p

That's something I love about this game- almost anything is possible, you just have to figure out how to do it.
Except for landing Soul Drain off of a Dormammu -> Morrigan DHC. -_-

Edit:
Although one neat thing to note is that Chaotic Flame -> Finishing Shower does about the same damage as Chaotic Flame -> Astral Vision followed by two Shadow Blade Hs in corners, and you get a little meter back (like 25% of a bar).

Zissou

Storm is kind of like magneto, but can't protect assists nearly as well, can't build meter as well, can't zone as well, can't convert off of throws as well, and can't usually kill you when she hits you. Hail storm is nice though.

Dahbomb

Storms specials definitely need a buff. I had some good ideas for her. Stuff like chargeable Lightning Sphere like Air Guitar and Typhoon can be used fast or charged (current Typhoon would be charged version with full vertical coverage and more lockdown/chip). Charged version of Typhoon L will be available as an assist, it will work like a pseudo Jam Session.

smurfx

get some go again
man my control really holds me back sometimes with haggar. facing left i have a hard time getting command throws thanks to the shitty d-pad. trying to command throw chicken blockers in the corner. had pretty good success today but i still didn't get a bunch of command throws. although i usually get the regular throw but i would like to get the command throw so i can get the kill.

This brings me back to an old thought I had. What characters' fighting game archetypes would you change to better fit their character?

Magneto I would get rid of EMD and Magnetic Blast, buff the hell out of Hyper Grav and Attraction/Repulsion to make him a more mid screen annoying character.

Storm and Thor I'd give EMD, Storm would get charge moves like Dormammu that affect Weather and Thor would get Round Trip.

Storm is kind of like magneto, but can't protect assists nearly as well, can't build meter as well, can't zone as well, can't convert off of throws as well, and can't usually kill you when she hits you. Hail storm is nice though.
She's all about the Ice Storm. Elemental Rage is also way nicer than people give it credit for, but you need a character with an install hyper to DHC into. It basically lets you punish anything on the ground at any time and get a character kill from it. I would love to see a Storm player use her like that on point.

Storms specials definitely need a buff. I had some good ideas for her. Stuff like chargeable Lightning Sphere like Air Guitar and Typhoon can be used fast or charged (current Typhoon would be charged version with full vertical coverage and more lockdown/chip). Charged version of Typhoon L will be available as an assist, it will work like a pseudo Jam Session.
Pewpew lightning from the sky! She should just have Dante's charged Air Play as her normal Lightning Sphere, and it should be usable on the ground. Typhoon should recover super fast and cause a ceiling bounce. Whirlwind should come out faster and she should get the H version as her assist. Damn she sounds scary!

The biggest buff they could give Storm is a divorce from Black Panther.

Zissou

This brings me back to an old thought I had. What characters' fighting game archetypes would you change to better fit their character?

Magneto I would get rid of EMD and Magnetic Blast, buff the hell out of Hyper Grav and Attraction/Repulsion to make him a more mid screen annoying character.

Storm and Thor I'd give EMD, Storm would get charge moves like Dormammu that affect Weather and Thor would get Round Trip.

I think taking away things is unnecessary, but I like the storm ideas and it's criminal that thor can't throw his hammer.

Azure J

She should be able to raw tag into anyone for a full combo. *gasp*!

I'm confident that this board would do an amazing job of balancing UMvC3X.

I enjoy Marvel enough that I'd do folks amazing justice. At the same time, who wouldn't want to unleash Koryu Marvel on people and let them fight it out? :p

Joe with real time control would be fucking sweet. Maybe it's just the large amount of Bayonetta I've been playing/watching on the side speaking there, but I'd be down for it. Storm should get Lightning that can be jump canceled. Bolts that can be spammed Seismo style from the heavens? Yes please. :lol

I enjoy Marvel enough that I'd do folks amazing justice. At the same time, who wouldn't want to unleash Koryu Marvel on people and let them fight it out? :p

Joe with real time control would be fucking sweet. Maybe it's just the large amount of Bayonetta I've been playing/watching on the side speaking there, but I'd be down for it. Storm should get Lightning that can be jump canceled. Bolts that can be spammed Seismo style from the heavens? Yes please. :lol
Not Koryu, just spiffing some characters up a bit. Everyone should be interesting to play. No one should have to be Captain America or Hawkeye.

I love the idea of Seismo Bolts. ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP!

is there any synergy for firebrand/skrull besides tenderizer giving unblockable setups?
Good DHC synergy. If you cancel Inferno before the last hit, it leads to a hard knockdown. Theoretically (as in, I've never tried this) you can do Inferno -> Luminous Body, and then OTG with Firebrand into a full combo which leads to endless unblockables (sick!). Dark Fire DHCs well into Inferno, of course.

All of Firebrand's assists are total butt, as you know. You can probably get a little more damage by calling an assist before Meteor Smash into Inferno, or calling an assist before doing jump, air dash, j.S (Charge) for the cross-up.

Doom makes me hate every assist that isn't hidden missiles
or modok's aegis
. I want to be able to call another assist during an assist's active frames :-(

Also, not all Firebrand's assists are butt. I actually like his flame carpet assist.

You can call assists in a SJ after blocking/pushblocking in the air. Knew about the hit of course, but I didn't think that blocking would make sense.

That's dumb.

Since you're here, Sasa, can you help me with connecting jMS after a super jump dive kick M with X-23?

Hmmm... I don't often do SJ Talon M. I think she has a super jump hit confirm with it but not of the variety that you were talking about earlier. I think Ankle Slice can confirm into Jam, it's just tough. Fairly certain you have to end the air series with a Talon Dive L (possible even Crescent Scythe H xx Talon Dive L -- make sure you're underneath the opponent, too). Don't think you can fit a Neck Slicer in there but an S, I think you can. If you can link HyperGrav, you can do Jam Session iirc.

See this post on SRK (has vid)

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...compliation-thread.153926/page-8#post-7313990

My X-23 isn't too technical, sorry T_T She's for cleanup/comebacks/intuition on my team.

Sorry that took some time, someone mentioned best couples in gaming. Brain went thread --> Anju + Kafei --> watch Anju + Kafei quest on youtube --> look up couple's mask to see if it even did anything because I couldn't remember (nope).

JeTmAn81

Saw somebody using Hulk/Dorm/Doom on stream and decided to try subbing out Deadpool for Dorm. I like it. You can get 1,000,000+ damage off an air throw from Hulk, and Dorm is a stronger character than Deadpool. Of course we already know what Dorm can do with missiles.

Zissou

It'd be interesting if for the next iteration of the game there was some way to call both assists simultaneously. You could have each on it's own completely separate timer (longer than the quasi-shared timer system we have now). It'd probably lead to chaos though, lol.

It might dumb the game down, I guess. Rather than having a character who can protect your chosen assist, you could play x/mags/sent and magnus distruptor could cover the sentinel assist call like point magneto does. You'd run the risk of getting merry christmas'd though. Or you could just make simultaneous assist calls cost meter or something.

Solune

Trying to come up with some combos with Chris/Dante/Strider for that combo video challenge. Would like MvC3GAF to critique when I get it down.

Also I am expecting Darksim to come up with some crazy shit too.

Whatever it takes for her to play like this,this,this,or maybe this.

mr. puppy

Banned
holy crap go to 21:00 and watch the Rocket/Ammy/Strider player and his freaking ridiculous mixups: http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/b/335491599

Good DHC synergy. If you cancel Inferno before the last hit, it leads to a hard knockdown. Theoretically (as in, I've never tried this) you can do Inferno -> Luminous Body, and then OTG with Firebrand into a full combo which leads to endless unblockables (sick!). Dark Fire DHCs well into Inferno, of course.

All of Firebrand's assists are total butt, as you know. You can probably get a little more damage by calling an assist before Meteor Smash into Inferno, or calling an assist before doing jump, air dash, j.S (Charge) for the cross-up.

Yea I'm gonna try to fiddle with what THC stuff I can come up with. I was playing Dante/Haggar/Sentinel last night and never realized how good body splash was for THC mixups....you really can't see Dante behind it

holy crap go to 21:00 and watch the Rocket/Ammy/Strider player and his freaking ridiculous mixups: http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/b/335491599
RR is so good.

Trying to come up with some combos with Chris/Dante/Strider for that combo video challenge. Would like MvC3GAF to critique when I get it down.
Will do!

You can call assists in a SJ after blocking/pushblocking in the air. Knew about the hit of course, but I didn't think that blocking would make sense.

That's dumb.
Wat?

Top Bottom