• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

He also switched to rush down because he has more fun with it. Also in today's games you can't really play that lame in most situations and do well. Most of the top tier in SF4 and Marvel are rushdown. SFxT on the other hand you can play lame and Justin does.

Strider's H has more range than his 6H? :-o

He also switched to rush down because he has more fun with it. Also in today's games you can't really play that lame in most situations and do well. Most of the top tier in SF4 and Marvel are rushdown. SFxT on the other hand you can play lame and Justin does.

Well unless you count Dieminion and Chris G, the respective two best US players in their game.

Dahbomb, you are the patron saint of stream monsters.

Also, Hyper Grav is the key to unlocking non-TAC infinites. You heard it here first. Leads into both spencer AND Morrigan's ^_^

Dahbomb

Today was like the first time in months that I stream monstered and even logged into my user name.

And I am rewarded with a Marvel patch hint.

I will always berieve...

Frantic

GGs, Azure. I just want to say my execution is ass today, haha. Pretty much every game I lost in the lobby has been because of a dumb execution mistake that I almost never make. :/

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Smart Morrigan players only air dash after flying (you can still fly-cancel this) and do empty jumps sometimes to bait Gimlet. At least that's what I do. And Gimlet is crap damage if you're trying to take a full-health character out. It's a finisher.

I actually didn't know you could unfly from a flying airdash state.

Given that, you're absolutely right, but a Hawkeye stocked with Gimlet is still a concern. It limits options, and people make mistakes with limited options. As for damage, Gimlet X-Factor cancel into full combo is still viable in many cases. My point is that Gimlet is still a useful tool against Morrigan, just less so than many other characters.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52720866]Strider's H has more range than his 6H? :-o

Well unless you count Dieminion and Chris G, the respective two best US players in their game.[/QUOTE]

I said most of the top tier characters are rushdown oriented. Not the best players. And you could also say PR Rog is the best U.S player in SF4. Also ChrisG does plenty of rush down with Morrigan.

Vice

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52720866]Strider's H has more range than his 6H? .[/QUOTE]
Yes but since you carry momentum when using 6H when dashing it can hit further.

Azure J

GGs, Azure. I just want to say my execution is ass today, haha. Pretty much every game I lost in the lobby has been because of a dumb execution mistake that I almost never make. :/

Don't be upset. Sigmaah, I owe you some matches man. Sorry for the run, I'm getting pulled away for a bit.

Azure J

Nah, I'm not. I just hate knowing that I can play better, but can't for some reason. :p

That's pretty much how I've felt all day today, although I did start to find some grooves here and there. I feel a little better for that much happening at least.

Azure J

Strider's s.H does have a fair bit of distance on it, I think it slightly edges out f.H just used raw because the entirety of the animation (dat tip) is the move versus others that look wide arc but have a shaved hitbox.

What do you guys do to sharpen your reactions? I made another training game, one-player this time!

Demon Tag

Prep:
  • Your team is Akuma/whoever vs Doom/whoever.
  • Go into Training Mode
  • Turn off dummy health regen
  • Kill off 2nd and 3rd characters
  • Turn regen back on
  • Set dummy to Very Hard CPU

Rules:
  • You get 5 shots at landing a Raging Demon
  • Each landed Demon is worth 1 point
  • Punishing a Plasma Beam is worth 3 points
  • Getting hit by Doom is -1 point
  • Getting thrown by Doom is -3 points
  • Whiffing the Demon at any time is -5 points
  • Making contact with Doom using any move other than Raging Demon is game over

Try to get at least 10 points! Watch your reactions improve in real time!

Frantic

That's pretty much how I've felt all day today, although I did start to find some grooves here and there. I feel a little better for that much happening at least.
I blame playing Hulk/Sent. That shit drained my soul. Need a few days to recoup, I think.

Also, AceKillah is a huge troll, and I'm still salty that I dropped that snapback reversal > XF combo that would have won me the match. I swear Strider always crosses up in that situation, but that time he didn't and I super jumped in the wrong direction. The salt when he reversal snapbacked me for the kill resulted in my face palming for a good five minutes.

Nah he's in training mode but 100% Morrigan is best character in the game for both him and Justin now. They basically came into agreement about the character being broke and said there's no answer or strategy against it once she has established her game.

Could just be the salt talking though.
Then they're both fools. Morrigan without Doom is very very beatable. Chris G just protects his doom well. I think I'd do much better against the team if I had better characters backing up my Chris. I can kill Doom almost every time but my Spencer and sentinel get eaten up by Morrigan and whomever the third may be. Maybe I should try Chris/Dante/Strider

Earlier, I was thinking back to the scrubbier MvC2 days where people would pick three characters that did the most damage in a THC. Which characters in this game have the highest damage now?

Solune

Then they're both fools. Morrigan without Doom is very very beatable. Chris G just protects his doom well. I think I'd do much better against the team if I had better characters backing up my Chris. I can kill Doom almost every time but my Spencer and sentinel get eaten up by Morrigan and whomever the third may be. Maybe I should try Chris/Dante/Strider

I rock Chris Dante Strider too, so let me know if it pans out. In all honesty, I think people over value Strider as a Morrigan/Doom counter if they are banking on Vajra. One wrong assist call and hes done.

Dahbomb

ChrisG doesn't play Morrigan without missiles and FChamp was talking about how it's insanely difficult to punish missiles when you have two Soul Fists on screen without investing a ton of meter, meter which you don't have much of to begin with. I can't blame him though this is like the 3rd major he has been bodied by the same stuff and Justin has always been bodied by it since after Winter Brawl of the previous year. There is no other team in the game that bodies them that hard... something is clearly not right.

Earlier, I was thinking back to the scrubbier MvC2 days where people would pick three characters that did the most damage in a THC. Which characters in this game have the highest damage now?
It's hard to say because it's really about how well all three hypers mesh together. JWong's THC of Wolverine/Storm/Akuma constantly surprises me with how much damage it does because all of Akuma's hyper hits.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hail mary super jump j.S or Knee Drop.

Throw Zombies.

Mash out cr. LMH no matter what.

If you leveled up to 4+ forget all of that and just do j. M

Beckx

Also, if you get an assist that lets you combo into Round Harvest, you can do Round Harvest -> Raw Tag Frank West -> superjump camera shot. Easy level 4.

Found a few setups I like in the lab, hoping to try them in real play this weekend. One thing I'm struggling with is doing a super jump off a raw tag. Probably just a timing thing since I can't see when Frank's done with his taunt. Any tips?

Found a few setups I like in the lab, hoping to try them in real play this weekend. One thing I'm struggling with is doing a super jump off a raw tag. Probably just a timing thing since I can't see when Frank's done with his taunt. Any tips?
Morrigan helped me learn raw tag timing. If you raw tag into Morrigan at the start of a round, you can use Shadow Blade M to convert into a full combo. It's a tight link.

You guys are forgetting to abuse Dat Frank's Roll
I didn't forget, I just thought it was really obvious.

Bizazedo

Sigmaah, salva is online, was playing a local buddy last night, sorry :(.

I am trying to abandon other responsibilities and play more, so keep messaging me if you see me or I will vice versa. Unless you're invis. Invis is evil :(.

You can try and get cute and do super jump plunger move 1-3 times in the air then knee drop.

I remember I was doing that to stall out someone's XF time, and without thinking I did the knee drop. The character was on the other side of the screen so he couldn't punish, but I felt like a fucking idiot for doing it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52814805]GGs to Beef, Bolts assist is so much fun ^_^[/QUOTE]
Is that the joy of winning a round I see in your post?

Top Bottom