• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Azure J

Best shells according to Viscant. Agree with all of them except for Doom/Vergil.

is he saying no real order after Vergil/Strider or Morri/Doom? So many people swear by Vergil/Strider that I'm wondering if I should give it a second look. I just don't like how many resources you have to blow through to convert off a stray Vajra confirm. At the same time, Strider with Rapid Slash is batshit insane.

Vice

is he saying no real order after Vergil/Strider or Morri/Doom? So many people swear by Vergil/Strider that I'm wondering if I should give it a second look. I just don't like how many resources you have to blow through to convert off a stray Vajra confirm. At the same time, Strider with Rapid Slash is batshit insane.

At the same time vajra is one of the few assists that let Vergil convert off of a stray helm breaker.

Dahbomb

Vergil + Strider is scrubby as hell and too much of an "all in" type thing. Waste XF with Vergil means Vergil and Strider are sitting ducks. Of course Vergil with XF2 + DT is still deadly but you really have to commit to it. The team mostly works because it's two top anchors on the same team and increases your chance of making a dark character comeback.

Azure J

sentmar.gif

Dahbomb

I've never seen the Iron Giant....I should do that one day.
Its a great movie, at least it was for its time.

You guys missed a godly Rog vs Bee FT10 set will probably get uploaded.

Frank lvl4/5 w/ Jam Session is the best character in the game but Wolverine having the luxury to burn meter on Berserker Charge pressure and make the meter back with TAC infinites is cheap as fuck. PRRog's team is definitely at the highest level of cheap in the game.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53000148]I can track people's respect for me since vanilla through these threads, and it's not looking good.

I've never seen Iron Giant. It was ugly so I never thought about it.[/QUOTE]
I thought the movie had fantastic animation and production values.

And I think people's respect for you has gone up over time, since you started actually playing the game outside of training mode.

Dahbomb

It's not about the TAC infinite, it's about the mixup you get off of TAC'ing with Morrigan into Doom on the incoming character.
There's no mix up here. Its a gimmick that once people figure out they will not get hit by it and instead the point player loses the opportunity to perform a real mix up where the chance of landing a hit is greater.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53003670]You could do a mixup with the right character, though.[/QUOTE]
In mid air in that short amount of time? Doubtful.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53005065]Sure you could. Plink dashing with magneto to get a crossup jH, for instance.[/QUOTE]
I will have to see it in action then.

JDdelphin

Made me cry; that Gif is disrespectful. :-X

Word. That's an unsung classic.

On one unintentional level, it does make a joke about one of the themes of the movie- "You are who you choose to be."

I am who I choose to be... Ok. Only, I'm choosing to be hamburger in marvel if I don't choose to be Morrigan, Doom, Vergil, etc...

KAYYYY OOOHHH

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53024841]GGs to Slasher, your Wesker is getting there! Almost as good as mine now ^_^[/QUOTE]

GGs indeed. Man playing as Chris and Taskmaster felt so good. It's nice to go back to the Vanilla days every once in a while.

Azure J

Well, now I feel bad. Day 1 Wolverine >>>>>> Viper then. :lol

GGs man, lag and rust is a terrible combination. I was so upset I lost so many games to SoV - XFC - SoV that the last few matches were just me trying to get the Doctor ASAP.

Top Bottom