• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Marz

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52819269]Sickest combo ever:

Hyper Grav H + Bolts assist, EMD M xx Magnetic Tempest, dash up S, Blast loop

so cool.[/QUOTE]

Stolen.

onionfrog

so cool.[/QUOTE]
This does sound pretty cool Beardo. I'd steal it, but I don't play Dr. Strange or Magneto.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh I'll let you in on a little secret. Everytime you opened up my Doom in the corner, was because I was mashing grab LOL.

Beardo you need to play this team I just made up out of no where, I'm pretty good with it.

GGs. Now I know why you like Hawkeye vs. Doom LOL.

Yes that match up is so fun and so free in fact that I like to get hit with 1-2 Plasma Beams on purpose, just so the Doom feels like they have a chance. Then I send a piercing bolt through one to see how they react. Sometimes they still try Plasma Beam and it's hilarious.

JeTmAn81

so cool.[/QUOTE]

How do they not pop out after Magnetic Tempest?

FSLink

Banned
So after a hard knockdown from Strider assist, what's the notation to pick up with Zero if Lv3 buster is charged? I do Dive xx Buster, L teleport, S and then air magic series but they fall out.

Azure J

I blame playing Hulk/Sent. That shit drained my soul. Need a few days to recoup, I think.

Also, AceKillah is a huge troll, and I'm still salty that I dropped that snapback reversal > XF combo that would have won me the match. I swear Strider always crosses up in that situation, but that time he didn't and I super jumped in the wrong direction. The salt when he reversal snapbacked me for the kill resulted in my face palming for a good five minutes.

To be honest, I didn't think that lobby vs. GAF thing would be as big as it was or that folks were going to be in full troll mode. At the same time, I winced because you caught the best of the worst situations possible online. Seeing this happen right after that one match where you got grabbed out of a hit confirmed standing series by Antstyle's Doom (I STILL can't believe this one) had me feeling the same way.

It's also good to know that I'm not the only one who feels like Ransom's Chris/Dante/Strider is the scariest thing to navigate once it all starts going.

#TeamGAF practice sessions start now.

I rock Chris Dante Strider too, so let me know if it pans out. In all honesty, I think people over value Strider as a Morrigan/Doom counter if they are banking on Vajra. One wrong assist call and hes done.

It's really the combination of Dante/Strider that I consider good in the matchup versus just having Vajra. Dante covers the assist best from the ground upward while Strider covers Dante from the air downward. Using things like Million Carats, Twister into Tempest and Jam Session with the assist call can influence a lot about the Morrigan player's movement patterns even if you can't confirm on them 100% of the time. Getting them to fight the duo one on one on their terms is the big reason why I value that pair most in that matchup.

So after a hard knockdown from Strider assist, what's the notation to pick up with Zero if Lv3 buster is charged? I do Dive xx Buster, L teleport, S and then air magic series but they fall out.

I'm not particularly well versed in Zero, but isn't there also Dive and land - Buster - s.MS - s.MM - Dive H into whatever?

Frantic

To be honest, I didn't think that lobby vs. GAF thing would be as big as it was or that folks were going to be in full troll mode. At the same time, I winced because you caught the best of the worst situations possible online. Seeing this happen right after that one match where you got grabbed out of a hit confirmed standing series by Antstyle's Doom (I STILL can't believe this one) had me feeling the same way.

It's also good to know that I'm not the only one who feels like Ransom's Chris/Dante/Strider is the scariest thing to navigate once it all starts going.
It doesn't help that I'm someone who relies on abusing habits, playstyles, and weaknesses. In a lobby, I can't really feel out my opponent because of one game and then getting punted to the back of the line. Although with my play yesterday, I doubt even if I could get a long set it would have helped. No biggie, though.

Also, the biggest problem about Ransom's team is those incendiary grenades. Should be called Chris Minefield, god.

#TeamGAF practice sessions start now.
I actually plan to take a few days break, just because playing too many games really reduces my play. Gotta recharge, and then I'll be back stronger. :p

I watched some of Moons vs. Justin the other day, and it made me want to add Nova to my modok/sentinel/x squad (with Nova first). After trying it out a bit, it hit something I never realized before:

Modok and Nova are really really similar characters

1. Both have a beam hyper
2. Both have a body charge hyper
3. Both have a barrier move that stays on the screen after tag out
4. Both have fly
5. Both have a power up your move gimmick (red health vs. cube)
6. Both are more high/low mixups than left/right
7. Neither has a teleport

I've been trying new teams... so far I'm toying with Ryu (hurricane kick), MODOK (balloon bomb), and Magneto (disruptor). Any suggestions?

I'm sick of playing team FChamp (mag, dorm, doom)

Azure J

iWFGaVs94QXZA.gif

I bet you don't even know how hard I was trying during those sets Smurf... GGs.

I think I'll keep my Dante/Amaterasu/Strider team as a standby for whenever I need stability in matches. Plus, so many things I didn't think combo'd work when you have Veil of Mist up and XF2 Strider/Ammy on deck.

smurfx

get some go again
well the only critique i have is that you have to be a bit more patient. so many times you just run into whatever i'm doing. your team has good options but sometimes you end up becoming a bit predictable which is why i can open you up. other than that you are doing pretty good and i know doing your combos with that kinda lag must be hard.

Azure J

No lies though, after the first set, I was beginning to understand that a lot better. I was just upset when I'd get a superjump I didn't want or go forward where I wanted to come to a complete down back stop and block. It was fun, but damn if I didn't want that first ever win at the start. I get the idea and zone the entire match and then lol internet.

I rock Chris Dante Strider too, so let me know if it pans out. In all honesty, I think people over value Strider as a Morrigan/Doom counter if they are banking on Vajra. One wrong assist call and hes done.
Well I played the team almost all day today and goodness my Dante is just ass. It's not that my execution is bad, but more of I don't know my combos like I should. I did do some badass shit during one match though that made me feel good and I didn't even know if it would work. Hit the guy with stinger and then did twister tempest until he died. Think I hit it 6 times. XF lvl 3 of course.
ChrisG doesn't play Morrigan without missiles and FChamp was talking about how it's insanely difficult to punish missiles when you have two Soul Fists on screen without investing a ton of meter, meter which you don't have much of to begin with. I can't blame him though this is like the 3rd major he has been bodied by the same stuff and Justin has always been bodied by it since after Winter Brawl of the previous year. There is no other team in the game that bodies them that hard... something is clearly not right.

I think everyone is just overreacting to the shit right now. Yes MorriDoom is clearly a very very good team, but there are still so so many options that haven't been explored. It's almost as if everyone is like "welp the top tiers can't do it....guess we're fucked". I consider the team still fairly new and people just haven't figured the shit out yet. I remember the first time I fought Spiral/Cable/Sentinel and thought it was the most broken shit ever, and so did many others. It was like you couldn't fucking move. I think MorriDoom is the same thing. The team will eventually fall when people put in more time. I would just hate to see unnecessary nerfs to Morrigan if a patch ever did release. I'm still bitter over the Sentinel nerf.....bunch of fucking babies.

I can't lie though....something should probably be done about missiles.

Dahbomb

Should've clarified in both posts.

Frank West lvl 4/5 solo is not the best character in the game.. which was what James Chen was talking about and is obviously not the case he will get zoned out. Frank West with Jam Session plus one other assist (like a beam) IS the best character in the game especially since the leveling sequence will give him mix up opportunity and will take opponent to the corner.

The fuzzy guards, right left, high low and throw mix up he gets in the corner with Jam Session is absolutely disgusting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty sure Dahbomb said recently Frank West Level 4 is the best character in the game too, but I'm too lazy to find it.

Zissou

Been messing around with a new team- Deadpool/Storm/Taskmaster. I think it's actually kind of a shitty team on paper, but hail storm DHC is great- and I can always DHC all the way through to Task to do a ton of damage off of a full screen confirm. I need to learn Storm infinites or at least some decent post TAC combos so I have more meter to play around with.

I also have no idea what combo I'm supposed to be doing with Deadpool for a bnb- so far I've just been doing: cr.L, cr.M, st.H, qcb H, dash fwd, launch, air magic series into hard knockdown, the otg into wallbounce dealio, qcb H, guns hyper.

I was trying to integrate bolo into the combo, but it seemed inconsistent for me- not really sure which/how many normals I should be doing before it to properly combo into it during the air magic series. I should probably go to his combo thread on SRK but they made the site so janky, I don't like going there anymore :(

Been messing around with a new team- Deadpool/Storm/Taskmaster. I think it's actually kind of a shitty team on paper, but hail storm DHC is great- and I can always DHC all the way through to Task to do a ton of damage off of a full screen confirm. I need to learn Storm infinites or at least some decent post TAC combos so I have more meter to play around with.

I also have no idea what combo I'm supposed to be doing with Deadpool for a bnb- so far I've just been doing: cr.L, cr.M, st.H, qcb H, dash fwd, launch, air magic series into hard knockdown, the otg into wallbounce dealio, qcb H, guns hyper.

I was trying to integrate bolo into the combo, but it seemed inconsistent for me- not really sure which/how many normals I should be doing before it to properly combo into it during the air magic series. I should probably go to his combo thread on SRK but they made the site so janky, I don't like going there anymore :(

If you want to use the bolo in a combo, you could go cr.L, cr.M, cr.H, S, sj bolo, then hit OTG with qcb H, dash forward and hit S, then go into the air magic series and do the rest of your normal bnb.
The timing on the bolo is tight, but as long as you touch the ground before your opponent, you'll be able to connect with qcb H. I like to hit confirm with j.H so I can buffer the input for bolo faster. You might need to use qcf L or M into guns hyper for combos that put you in the corner, though.

I just started playing with Deadpool, and that's the combo that I've been most comfortable with (without assists) - it doesn't scale too hard if you hit confirm with a few c.Ls before you go into it. There's some other stuff you could throw in either of those combos if you want to use his teleports; half the Deadpools I come across online have way longer combos with teleports that they can bust out.

Zissou

I know Deadpool can do respectable damage, I just need to spend more time in training mode with him. Though my combos still suck, he's a really great character overall- Magneto-esque standing light anti-air stupidity, a decent slide, teleport cancellable specials for safety/mix-ups, a ton of screen control, and a fucking taunt with a hitbox? Yes, please. I also managed to use his level three against a dude doing vajra H with anchor Strider. Still a shitty level three, but I couldn't help but smile at that shit.

@maximilian_ Best shells. Morridoom, Vergil/Strider, Zero/Dante, Doom/Vergil, Mag/Doom, Doom/Ammy, Dante/Strider. No real order outside 2.

Best shells according to Viscant. Agree with all of them except for Doom/Vergil.

anyone down for a GAF lobby tonight? I have the game on both PS3 and 360, but I prefer 360. It's been a while since I got some games in and I'm probably more free than ever, so I need to step my shit up. plus I want to learn some new characters.

my gamertag is Emperor Bohe on 360, but you can also add FGC GAF and invite me through the friends list on there.

my psn is EmperorBohe.

lemme know if anyone is down, I still gotta cook dinner and stuff but I'll go on after that probably.

Dahbomb

He's missing Viper/Strider or Dante and Frank/Jam Session. Vergil/Hawkeye or Magneto is a good one too.

Other good ones.

Nova/Spencer
Spencer/Strange
Wesker/Strider
Nova/Strider
Dorm/Doom
Thor/Strange
RR/Ammy
Magneto/Sentinel
Iron Man/Sentinel
Captain America/Iron Man
X23/Iron Man (one TAC wrong guess could result in 3 characters dead)
Wolverine/Akuma (still good)
Spider Man/Magneto (one TAC wrong guess equals potential 3 characters dead)
Firebrand/Skrull (unblockables)
Hulk/Sentinel

Top Bottom