• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

So what's dooms mid screen bnb? I think I'm trying out nova/missiles/akuma (tatsu). Figured out his corner loop into plasma beam + finger lasers and lvl 3 but I don't remember any other combos.

Zissou

So what's dooms mid screen bnb? I think I'm trying out nova/missiles/akuma (tatsu). Figured out his corner loop into plasma beam + finger lasers and lvl 3 but I don't remember any other combos.

I do:
cr.L, cr.H, (S, j.M, j.fwd.H, addf, j.M, land)x2, S, j.M, (delayed) j.M, j.fwd.H, j.S, addf, land and tridash toward opponent, H, S, j.M, (delayed) j.M, j.fwd.H, j.S, addf, land, jump,
air plasma beam H, finger lasers hyper

It's basically two reps of the buktooth loop plus two reps of the clockwork loop. Does a full corner carry, is character universal, does about 750k, and builds about 1.5 bars, IIRC.

Frantic

I do midscreen Maziodyne loops, and I don't even play Doom. GET ON MY LEVEL.

I do them in training mode, anyways. I never actually get hits with Doom when I play him.

Zissou

I do midscreen Maziodyne loops, and I don't even play Doom. GET ON MY LEVEL.

I do them in training mode, anyways. I never actually get hits with Doom when I play him.

I wish I could do these consistently :(

They're not reliable though if you don't
start the combo point blank range- I've seen clock and marlinpie drop them enough times to not think too badly of myself, haha

Azure J

You guys make me feel bad for not really knowing how to play other characters like that.

Or my own at a good level yet. ;_;

Zissou

I can do it, but when I ADD, I always prop my opponent up too high with the c.MS, and then I can't do an effective corner carry.

You're talking about the Buktooth loop though, right? By clock loop, I meant the one where you launch, j.M, delayed j.M, fwd.H, S,
addf, tridash, relaunch. You can do three reps, and it always does a full corner carry (I think).

Zissou

I'm watching a Thor/Doom/Ammy team right now. It's beautiful.

Worst case scenario-Thor dying builds a of meter for Doom/Ammy THCs, haha.
That's how my She-hulk/Doom/Ammy team works :(

I've considered trolling with Doom/Ammy/Morrigan so I can THC over and over again. One of these days...

Dartastic

Worst case scenario-Thor dying builds a of meter for Doom/Ammy THCs, haha.
That's how my She-hulk/Doom/Ammy team works :(

I've considered trolling with Doom/Ammy/Morrigan so I can THC over and over again. One of these days...
I honestly had no idea he could tri dash that fast.

You're talking about the Buktooth loop though, right? By clock loop, I meant the one where you launch, j.M, delayed j.M, fwd.H, S,
addf, tridash, relaunch. You can do three reps, and it always does a full corner carry (I think).
For some reason I don't go high enough for the S to connect sometimes, so it goes j.MM, f.H, S (whiff).

Zissou

I honestly had no idea he could tri dash that fast.

I feel like Thor gets a bad rep because the few people that use him have shitty team composition as far as supporting Thor (Royal Flush, Abegen).

For some reason I don't go high enough for the S to connect sometimes, so it goes j.MM, f.H, S (whiff).

Ahh, you have to do the first j.M as early as you possibly can, and then pause before doing the second. The first j.M stops the opponent's upward momentum, and during the the short pause before the second j.M, Doom will continue to travel upward which puts him far
enough above the enemy character that the
j.fwd.H, j.S sequence connects properly. If the j.S at the end is whiffing, it's because the j.Ms
were not timed properly. As opposed to most
combos, it's actually easier to perform on small characters since you don't have to delay the second M as much to get above their small frame.

Dahbomb

You guys just missed the most hysterical bodying of Norcal by Firebrand ever. Everyone was having a salty meltdown over it.

God damn it where is that Soul Fist ft. Doom, Firebrand, Vergil tier list.

Frantic

You guys just missed the most hysterical bodying of Norcal by Firebrand ever. Everyone was having a salty meltdown over it.

God damn it where is that Soul Fist ft. Doom, Firebrand, Vergil tier list.
spQHrcI.jpg

The destroyer of NorCal's hopes and dreams.

Dahbomb

You know those last two matches were really poetic as to where the end game for Marvel 3 is headed.

One team utilized MorriDoom with Vergil/Strider anchor and the other uses a full on 1 player type unblockable team with Doom on support. Both teams trying to not let the other player play the game.

Azure J

You know those last two matches were really poetic as to where the end game for Marvel 3 is headed.

One team utilized MorriDoom with Vergil/Strider anchor and the other uses a full on 1 player type unblockable team with Doom on support. Both teams trying to not let the other player play the game.

Isn't this pretty much what everyone thought endgame Marvel would look like from Vanilla? Only thing different here is there's no X/X/Phoenix anymore.

RIP in peace JEEEEAAAAAAAN

Dahbomb

Isn't this pretty much what everyone thought endgame Marvel would look like from Vanilla? Only thing different here is there's no X/X/Phoenix anymore.

RIP in peace JEEEEAAAAAAAN
Start of Ultimate especially after those TAC infinites and MorriDoom. The X23 theory team or the Spider Man team you lose game if you guess wrong on a TAC... a FB/Viper team kills team off first touch/throw. Viper's unblockables aren't 100% guaranteed but most characters can't escape and the chance that you might escape is slim. After that are Zero teams and then after that are Doom TAC infinite teams.

The other side of the equation is ChrisG not letting you get started with his zoning team. On paper an unblockabke team is the best because you have more chances to win and you only need one hit but once MorriDoom gets started it's usually over for these type of teams.

The funny part is that Vergil is shit in either team options. He has to waste bar for the chance to touch Morrigan and players are getting better at blocking his shenanigans (FChamp and ShadyK were going on a tirade about how people stupidly try to jump above Spiral Swords when it's not even a real mix up). The unblockable/mix up teams love Vergil on the opposite team, it's a free kill for them.

I guess the only part of the equation missing is the mythical Thor anti-Morrigan team so we can finally have the trifecta of Marvel.

On incoming? What's the unblockable set up?
You need 1 TAC, but basically this is what you do:
1) Hit opponent with Firebrand.
2) TAC to Dormammu.
3) Dormammu infinite to kill character 1.
4) Stalking Flare -> Luminous Body.
5) Unblockable.
6) Combo, end in Dark Fire -> Stalking Flare (XFC), Charge 1D2C, release 1D2C to kill character 2.
7) Charge 2D1C, release as new character comes in, Stalking Flare -> Luminous Body, unblockable, end combo in Dark Fire -> Stalking Flare, 1D1C, Purification x Chaotic Flame (> 1 million damage).

All three characters dead from one successful TAC infinite.

Dormammu's TAC infinite is pretty hard though, I hear (never bothered to try), but you can swap Dormammu out for Trish and do a similar strategy (less effective since you don't have Liberation XF damage and meter gain).

You also have my DHC glitch unblockable setup and Dark Fire -> Stalking Flare clears the screen if you want to get Dormammu in play safely for Hidden Missile + zoning play. So it's basically like FChamp's Magneto/Dormammu/Doom team, but if you get a TAC you win the game.

Dahbomb

Ah OK.... so it's similar to the Spider Man/X23 teams. One TAC guess wrong you lose the game. Very strong though and if FB dies you still have Dorm/Doom to fall back on.

Also you can use Doom in a TAC infinite if you call Dorm assist prior to TACing..

Damn if FChamp picks up this team it's a game changer. Someone should start bothering FChamp about it although it is very unlikely FChamp will pick up FB.

Ah OK.... so it's similar to the Spider Man/X23 teams. One TAC guess wrong you lose the game. Very strong though and if FB dies you still have Dorm/Doom to fall back on.

Also you can use Doom in a TAC infinite if you call Dorm assist prior to TACing..

Damn if FChamp picks up this team it's a game changer. Someone should start bothering FChamp about it although it is very unlikely FChamp will pick up FB.
Another cool thing is that the threat works still if you DHC to Dormammu to save Firebrand.

Any combo with Dormammu into hard knockdown, instead of Purification OTG just Stalking Flare -> Luminous Body.

Any time your opponent blocks a Purification, 1D2C, 2D1C, or Dark Hole, cancel into Stalking Flare -> Luminous Body.

I've considered running this team, but I have no hope of doing Dormammu TAC infinites.

DR2K

Banned
wat am i reading

This character was killing teams with 1 hit months ago. The character is too awkward to use(same reason Morrigan isn't on every team), is a one trick pony with a lot of bad match ups(hence he dropped off the radar) although Xfactor and 1 hit kills lol at the matchup concept, and requires too much to do what better more brain dead characters already do.

Zissou

This character was killing teams with 1 hit months ago. The character is too awkward to use(same reason Morrigan isn't on every team), is a one trick pony with a lot of bad match ups(hence he dropped off the radar) although Xfactor and 1 hit kills lol at the matchup concept, and requires too much to do what better more brain dead characters already do.

Awkwardness doesn't keep Morrigan from winning majors. Firebrand has the same potential if somebody good enough picks him up. lol at saying he's 'not as bad' as Hsien-ko or Wright. Even without the unblockable craziness, Firebrand would still be a strong character.

smurfx

get some go again
all it takes is one guy to put in the time and you might see him winning a bunch of stuff like chris g is now. you don't see him much because the pros that can travel to many majors don't want to put in the time and instead will just stick to their team or emulate what is currently winning.

DR2K

Banned
all it takes is one guy to put in the time and you might see him winning a bunch of stuff like chris g is now. you don't see him much because the pros that can travel to many majors don't want to put in the time and instead will just stick to their team or emulate what is currently winning.

I believe the players named Zackery already tried. The composition was FB, Dorm and Dog though. Considering how hyped he was he didn't get very far, and he was quite good.

I believe the players named Zackery already tried. The composition was FB, Dorm and Dog though. Considering how hyped he was he didn't get very far, and he was quite good.
It was a bad team; bad teams can only get so far. He dropped Dormammu like he should have, and runs Firebrand/Doom/Ammy now.

Ahh, you have to do the first j.M as early as you possibly can, and then pause before doing the second. The first j.M stops the opponent's upward momentum, and during the the short pause before the second j.M, Doom will continue to travel upward which puts him far
enough above the enemy character that the
j.fwd.H, j.S sequence connects properly. If the j.S at the end is whiffing, it's because the j.Ms
were not timed properly. As opposed to most
combos, it's actually easier to perform on small characters since you don't have to delay the second M as much to get above their small frame.

interesting. i was trying the clockwork loop midscreen and i was delaying the first j.m after launch.

do you let j.Ms do both hits or just one?
and do you relaunch with M or H after the tridash?

since i have doom 2nd, i think i can get the opponent into the corner then end it with H > tatsu assist > (rocks? or plasma beam) xx sphere flame for about a million. that is dumb damage.

JeTmAn81

interesting. i was trying the clockwork loop midscreen and i was delaying the first j.m after launch.

do you let j.Ms do both hits or just one?
and do you relaunch with M or H after the tridash?

since i have doom 2nd, i think i can get the opponent into the corner then end it with H > tatsu assist > (rocks? or plasma beam) xx sphere flame for about a million. that is dumb damage.

I think you usually want to let both j.M's hit twice, which is why the mid-screen version of that combo tends to scale more than the corner version, where usually you're just mashing out those j.M's as fast as possible and only hitting once each most of the time.

But with the mid-screen version you're forced to wait longer in order to allow Doom to rise high enough to connect the F+H, j.S. So I always hit the first j.M right away after launching, pause slightly, hit the second j.M, pause slightly, then do the F+H, j.S quickly since I'm in the right position. Getting the exact timing just takes practice.

However, the one thing I feel like I am the only person to ever stress is that you should wait until you visually confirm the j.S footdive hitting your opponent to cancel with that ADDF. Usually this will be a fraction of a second after you're done hitting the actual buttons on your stick/pad, so if you airdash right then it will be too early. Gotta wait for the footdive to actually hit. This is a lot easier to practice with and verify in the corner than with the mid-screen version as you are often above the viewable section of the screen when you're hitting the footdive with that version (hence why I get more screwed up inputs in the mid-screen version because I can't visually confirm it all the time).

Dahbomb

Team didn't have a neutral assist for long range. I mean yea if he hit you it was usually game over but that first hit was harder to come by without a proper neutral assist. Replacing Dorm with Doom allows him to have that along with a bunch of other supportive options.

Also the When's Marvel Weekly Firebrand shenanigans from yesterday:

http://youtu.be/XKTJwzlU3IY?t=2h30m42s

Dahbomb

Sounds like Zero.

Oh wait...

Sorry for DP.

Top Bottom