• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Anyone use/have a qanba q4 or eightarc fusion that they can provide feedback on? My first gen TE stick is constantly crapping out now due to a poor dual mod that was performed on it at SCR. I want a stick that's dual modded out of the box since its cheaper and retains its warranty.

Vice

Anyone use/have a qanba q4 or eightarc fusion that they can provide feedback on? My first gen TE stick is constantly crapping out now due to a poor dual mod that was performed on it at SCR. I want a stick that's dual modded out of the box since its cheaper and retains its warranty.

I have a Q4. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I think there was a problem with LED lights burning out.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

memSJvX.gif

Why?

Zissou

Can anybody give their thoughts on how the Deadpool vs. Dorm and Deadpool vs. Hawkeye matches go? I'm considering messing around with Deadpool/Doom/Strider and I'm curious how well Deadpool does in Doom's biggest problem match-ups.

People have said good Deadpool play gives Hawkeye a lot of difficulty- why? Against Dorm, Deadpool's teleport seems like it would be strong for getting in against Dorm and
his slow specials, but at the same time, he can chaotic flame me whenever he feels like if I try to do jumping M guns or whatever, and if he corners himself and puts out flame carpet, my TP becomes useless, I'd imagine.

Dahbomb

Deadpool can zone against big body Dorm and not allow him to call assist. You can react to his actions and use the appropriate gun angle although jump back M Trigger Happy works, if he's meter stocked jump up Trigger L right above Chaotic Flame hit box. When assist is off cooldown DP can call it, go in for a mix uo then back up to continue his zoning. You just have to look for Dorm going for rushdown which isn't hard to deal with if you are mobile. Use Quick Slice to get under him and all the way across the screen. I think DP murders Dorm in the match up, you can chip him until he is within TOD range then go it. Vajra assist cuts his options down even further, making him not able to safely charge spells in air.

Hawkeye is trickier but your teleport gives the advantage. You should get into a projectile war with him at full screen but use your jump up Down angle Trigger guns to harass him. He has to jump up to attack you and that will make him vulnerable. Eventually you want to bait a projectile that you can teleport behind or catch Hawkeye sleeping with gun shots into teleport. Also leverage your jump actions and double jump to avoid his projectiles and make him block as many of your own so that if you catch him full screen it might lead into a TOD and if he tags you with Gimlet you would still remain healthy and he will remain without a meter.

Zissou

Deadpool can zone against big body Dorm and not allow him to call assist. You can react to his actions and use the appropriate gun angle although jump back M Trigger Happy works, if he's meter stocked jump up Trigger L right above Chaotic Flame hit box. When assist is off cooldown DP can call it, go in for a mix uo then back up to continue his zoning. You just have to look for Dorm going for rushdown which isn't hard to deal with if you are mobile. Use Quick Slice to get under him and all the way across the screen. I think DP murders Dorm in the match up, you can chip him until he is within TOD range then go it.

Hawkeye is trickier but your teleport gives the advantage. You should get into a projectile war with him at full screen but use your jump up Down angle Trigger guns to harass him. He has to jump up to attack you and that will make him vulnerable. Eventually you want to bait a projectile that you can teleport behind or catch Hawkeye sleeping with gun shots into teleport.

Thanks for the rundown. I didn't consider guns
straight up preventing Dorm from getting much of anything out, period. I guess it'll function similarly to me shooting Dorm in the face over and over as Wesker. Wouldn't DP be vulnerable doing super jump L guns at full screen since you can't block until you touch the ground again? I figured I would get blasted in the face I did that kind of thing... unless he's in blockstun long enough that he can't punish or something.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
Watching the injustice play through makes me sad... it is what marvel shoulda been. Heroes fighting, an actual storyline (and a good one at that), great environments, cut scenes throughout, interactive environment, layers, etc... sigh. The production of the game is impressive. I hope the next mahvel is as epic. So many missed opportunities. I mean the map choices alone are a big wtf? in mahvel

Zissou

Watching the injustice play through makes me sad... it is what marvel shoulda been. Heroes fighting, an actual storyline (and a good one at that), great environments, cut scenes throughout, interactive environment, layers, etc... sigh. The production of the game is impressive. I hope the next mahvel is as epic. So many missed opportunities. I mean the map choices alone are a big wtf? in mahvel

Marvel is a good competitive fighter. Injustice is a good everything else.

Marvel is a good competitive fighter. Injustice is a good everything else.
Marvel also has better animations, better character designs (lol Wonder Woman), and a better roster. Good trade IMO.

Thanks for the rundown. I didn't consider guns
straight up preventing Dorm from getting much of anything out, period. I guess it'll function similarly to me shooting Dorm in the face over and over as Wesker. Wouldn't DP be vulnerable doing super jump L guns at full screen since you can't block until you touch the ground again? I figured I would get blasted in the face I did that kind of thing... unless he's in blockstun long enough that he can't punish or something.
I like what Dahbomb said, but I'll also add that Deadpool can also use his guns for competent rushdown. Jumping forward into qcf.L leads into full combos. The real value of Deadpool is in how unpredictable that double jump will be. You can dance around people all day if you know what you're doing. I actually don't play Deadpool simply because it feels too easy after a while...

i've had my q4 since nov 2011 (i think during it's original production), no issues at all. it was convenient when i used to have time to go to UCI sessions. the all felt bottom is excellent. the start button isn't actually a sanwa part. i did some aesthetic mods to the buttons and the inside is actually well arranged and solidly put together.

Can anybody give their thoughts on how the Deadpool vs. Dorm and Deadpool vs. Hawkeye matches go? I'm considering messing around with Deadpool/Doom/Strider and I'm curious how well Deadpool does in Doom's biggest problem match-ups.

People have said good Deadpool play gives Hawkeye a lot of difficulty- why? Against Dorm, Deadpool's teleport seems like it would be strong for getting in against Dorm and
his slow specials, but at the same time, he can chaotic flame me whenever he feels like if I try to do jumping M guns or whatever, and if he corners himself and puts out flame carpet, my TP becomes useless, I'd imagine.

i played against a deadpool/missles/vajra team. that team is really stupid.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Marvel also has better animations, better character designs (lol Wonder Woman), and a better roster. Good trade IMO.

Agreed 100%. The roster for Injustice is criminally weak.

Though, I can't say that I wasn't looking forward to a fully fleshed out story mode after the MvC3 animated episodes. Those were sooo good. I just watched them again, and remembered how absolutely hyped I was.

Dahbomb

The roster for Injustice is fine. The only known characters its missing are Darkseid, Starfire, Beastboy and Martian Manhunter which they will probably add as DLC later on. I would like to have seen Zatanna and John Constantine though.

DC just doesn't have a large enough known roster to begin with. Ask your average person about characters like Shazam, Black Adam, Killer Frost etc... they probably don't know about them. Even Green Arrow is someone who just recently rose into prominence thanks to the TV series. Most of the characters people know from DC are characters from Batman and Superman. The game already has a ton of Batman characters, highest of any particular series.

Beckx

The roster for Injustice is fine. The only known characters its missing are Darkseid, Starfire, Beastboy and Martian Manhunter which they will probably add as DLC later on. I would like to have seen Zatanna and John Constantine though.

DC just doesn't have a large enough known roster to begin with. Ask your average person about characters like Shazam, Black Adam, Killer Frost etc... they probably don't know about them. Even Green Arrow is someone who just recently rose into prominence thanks to the TV series. Most of the characters people know from DC are characters from Batman and Superman. The game already has a ton of Batman characters, highest of any particular series.

Shazam used to have his own Saturday Morning cartoon, so people Of A Certain Age get him. But some of the lineup choices are goofy. Ares? Seriously? Like someone in the OT said, howTF does Ares make the cut and Lobo doesn't? The Batman Syndrome reflects the current DC lineup, too. Sad. Would've been cool to throw in something random like Dial H for Hero but that would probably be too costly to make one character who transformed into multiple batshit characters.

----------------------------------

Enjoying my Trish/Frank/Haggar team. I'm still terrible but this is still the best I've felt playing. It fits my playstyle and it's just fun. Dat Pipe assist works perfect to combo into Round Harvest, and Peek-a-Boo traps are great with Frank.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Powergirl, Black Canary, or Huntress? Lobo?

Maybe I just consider DC characters weaker and less recognizable in general.

Dahbomb

Powergirl, Black Canary, or Huntress? Lobo?

Maybe I just consider DC characters weaker and less recognizable in general.
Huntress is a C/D tier Batman character who is also seen in Green Arrow. Black Canary I can see but still she's a side character in a lesser known series. Lobo is really the only one on that list who should've made it.

Still though Darkseid is like the Thanos of the series, baffling he didn't made it in. Then again there's no Thanos in UMVC3 either.

You realize that the MvC series has been dominated by X-Men characters throughout its history right?

Hell even MvC3 1/4th of the marvel side is X-Men related.
Yea well X-men has a shit ton of characters in the starring role. Batman is just Batman plus a couple of sidekicks and a rogue gallery of villains.

Beckx

Lobo, Zod, Bizarro (as someone pointed out in the OT) - so many good choices out there.

The way Capcom chose Capcom characters in Marvel feels like the right approach. 1-3 characters, nothing overwhelming. Three series have three characters.

Marz

Yea well X-men has a shit ton of characters in the starring role. Batman is just Batman plus a couple of sidekicks and a rogue gallery of villains.

Uhhhh....what? X-23, Sentinel, Storm are more recognizable than Joker, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Bane?

Don't think so.

Beckx

Uhhhh....what? X-23, Sentinel, Storm are more recognizable than Joker, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Bane?

Don't think so.

Yes. Comic book Storm is more recognizable than comic book Bane. And, unlike him, isn't an absolutely terrible concept to boot. (Everything bad about modern Batman involves Bane. Well, and "hey fans, want to kill Robin?" But mostly Bane.)

Dahbomb

Don't think so.
Storm and Sentinel are extremely recognizable characters although Sentinel is technically not a character. X-23 is fairly known too.

Besides I was not making a jest at Injustice, quite frankly the Batman characters ARE the main recognizable characters of DC. I mean they are way more recognizable than Superman villains or Wonder Woman villains. I guess that's the power of movies.

I took a look at some of the win quotes for SFxT, and god damn they blow the UMvC3 ones out of the water.

Some characters have great lines like Doom and Deadpool. Then most characters have good lines but very limited. Then characters like Firebrand, Wright and Nemesis have straight up bad to no lines.

You have ONE line Nemesis and you can't even do that right! God!

Azure J

The way Capcom chose Capcom characters in Marvel feels like the right approach. 1-3 characters, nothing overwhelming. Three series have three characters.

I'd have liked it if Capcom tried to keep more vets or Marvel VS. debut characters in while grabbing series members that weren't in a VS before. [/excuse to see a 2011-12 CapCom, Jin Saotome, Ruby Heart and of course Megaman with something Breath of Fire and Power Stone/Rival Schools]

Otherwise, this was a pretty cool roster. I almost hope that Viper never leaves the VS. series even though I know she's probably first on the chopping block (as a character coming from the current era which will be replaced by MVC4's current era SF member).

Top Bottom