• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

I definitely think I'm gonna make a switch to Cap (Shield Slash)/Nova (Centurion Rush)/Amaterasu (Cold Star) as my main team now. Will probably go Cap (Shield Slash)/Doom (Rocks)/Amaterasu (Cold Star) as a back up.

Now my main problem is just getting those Cold Star extensions to work with Nova like they do with Moons, that and to learn Ammy combos, lol.

At least having a lagless monitor will help with my game now a lot better.

Azn_Boy

Neo Member
Hey Marvel-GAF, here's some of those characters avatarized and up for grabs:

9x9gRK3.png
jsJiGyZ.png
4wG10bK.png
X8YQhnd.png
GvAEM3A.png

I'll be using the Magneto one, thanks!

Did I just start a new trend? :p

I think a new old avatar is in order.

*Goes to pester Solu-bro*

Yeah, you did. Or rather, I've always wanted my team as an avatar. Especially with these awesome designs...

Would anyone be able to do it? Hsien-Ko/Phoenix Wright/Ammy.

Wow, Mirage Feint into Talon attack is really dirty. Cancel the light version into it and it looks like it's gonna hit but it whiffs and you get a free throw attempt. Or you could just make it hit and get frame advantage.

edit: lvl1-x-factor Magneto combo off a throw:

jS x-factor jS, 2MHS, jH adf jH xx Mag Blast L, [jMH xx Mag Blast L] x3, H xx Hyper Grav L, sjH, H xx Hyper Grav L, HS, jMMHS, Ankle Slicer assist, Hyper Grav L, sj adf jHS, HS

1,214,300 damage, builds close to 3 bars(around 2 and a half at 1 mil), should work on everybody

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54205929]That's a matter of perspective! I did fix the dropping for the most part, I won't get disconnected from PSN anymore.[/QUOTE]
I'll give you a one-match trial if you're on.

Why does everyone else's theoretical stuff always work out but mine just barely fails? :-(

Bon Voyage, raw tag Shuma-Gorath, Mystic Ray OTG, NO FOLLOWUP. -_-

Zissou

I got really excited with point Task plus Trish peekaboo assist because I did shield skills plus peekaboo, cancelled shield skills into qcf.S, and if the sharp sting hit, they bounced up into the peekaboo and let me get a full combo! on block I'd be safe and peekabo would be out there limiting their options- what's not to like? ...only for me to realize it only works (combos properly) on large characters... back to the drawing board :(

RoKiN

Neo Member
I got really excited with point Task plus Trish peekaboo assist because I did shield skills plus peekaboo, cancelled shield skills into qcf.S, and if the sharp sting hit, they bounced up into the peekaboo and let me get a full combo! on block I'd be safe and peekabo would be out there limiting their options- what's not to like? ...only for me to realize it only works (combos properly) on large characters... back to the drawing board :(

Ahh that good feeling of finding useful tech and going to the lab to practice... *Sigh* I'm at work and I can't wait to pratice some new stuff with my new :( .

Frantic

Got bored, so I made some changes to other characters.

Ghost Rider
  • + s.L and cr.L now have 6 frames of startup, down from 7.
  • + s.M now has 8 frames of startup, down from 10. cr.M now has 10 frames of startup, down from 12.
  • + s.S now has 13 frames of startup, down from 15.
  • + Now able to LMHS on the ground.
  • + j.H now has 15 frames of startup, down from 17. It also draws characters closer to Ghost Rider while they're airborne, enabling him to cancel into all versions of a TAC. Can also now be chained into from j.M, and can be canceled into j.S.
  • + Chain normals cause chip.
  • + Heartless Spire now has 20 frames of recovery, down from 25. Heartless Spire can also now be canceled into s.S on block/hit.
  • + All versions of Hellfire have increased hitboxes both vertically and horizontally(with more horizontal range than vertical), and start up five frames faster. Additionally, Hellfire L leaves a puddle of fire on the ground that lasts 120 frames. Hellfire M and H heat up the air for 120 frames, damaging anyone that passes through.
  • + Judgment Strike now reaches full screen.
  • + Chain of Rebuttal now air-okay as a QCF input. CoR L is angled downwards and causes a ground bounce. CoR M is angled forward and causes a wallbounce. Has a new air only heavy version angled upwards. All versions causes Ghost Rider to become unable to block until he hits the ground.
Don't know what to say here. A lot of minor changes, with some slightly more major ones here or there. I feel Ghost Rider is an easy character to 'break', hence why I tried to not go too overboard on his buffs, and to be honest I'm somewhat tentative on them anyways. Don't really know how to make Hellfire better without just completely changing the properties entirely. Giving them some sort of 'lingering' property would make them have some slight use without removing them altogether.

No airborne Judgment Strike since it uses the ground for its projectiles, so it wouldn't make sense(and that's important!), even though I wanted to give him a downward angled one. :p

Phoenix Wright
  • + Startup of normals reduced slightly(one or two frames across the board). Turnabout mode normals also adjusted accordingly.
  • + Slight range increase for all normals outside of the finger points in Turnabout mode.
  • + Startup of Slip-Up reduced slightly (now 22 frames, down from 25.) Turnabout mode adjusted accordingly(now 18 frames, down from 21).
  • + Travel distance and speed of all dashes(in every mode) increased by 20%.
  • + “M-Maya?!” L now receives damage scaling from all attacks.
  • + cr.H in Turnabout mode is now a low.
  • + Turnabout Mode now lasts 1800 frames, up from 1200 frames.
  • + If a bad piece of evidence is picked up, it becomes impossible to pick up a second one immediately after.
  • + Each piece of bad evidence has unique properties when discarded.
    Plunger: A straight forward projectile with 3 low durability points.
    Steel Samurai: Retains the traditional discard arc with 5 low durability points.
    Beer Bottle: Thrown straight at the ground, leaving behind glass shards that damage opponents who step on them. Last 180 frames.
    Glasses: On hit, temporarily(about 300 frames) increases Phoenix Wright's damage by 20% and speed by 15%.
    Servbot: Drops to the ground, then travels across the ground. Hits low. Acts similar to 'Get 'em Missile!' assist, except a point version.
    Bonsai Tree: Retains original discard arc with 5 low durability points. On hit, it causes a stun that lasts 120 frames. Causes a slow-fall + hard-knockdown against airborne opponents.
  • + Discard now air-okay.
  • + Present Evidence now air-okay.
  • + Paperwork now air-okay.
I honestly don't think PW is that bad. He's not really good or anything, but he's okay – hence why I didn't go too hard in on changing him. I know one of the popular requests was to remove bad evidence entirely, but I figured I'd just do something a little different to the bad evidence to see what everyone thought about it. I considered making good evidence have their own special properties, just to give them some benefit when you really want a good piece of evidence, but didn't add it to the list because Phoenix Wright already has enough gimmicks... even though I love gimmicks.

Spencer
  • + Damage scaling increased from 10% for normals and specials to 15% for normals and specials.
  • - Zipline causes slightly less blockstun.
  • - Zipline traversal speed reduced 10%.
  • - Up grapple now scales properly.
Nothing too exaggerate. I don't think Spencer needed to be changed too much, just needs a few of the 'braindead' stuff removed/changed. The increase to his damage scaling is basically just to mitigate the loss of '80k', since his damage honestly isn't that good without it.

Iron Man
  • + Can now properly cancel forward and backward dashes with crouch or attacks.
  • + s.H has slightly increased horizontal range, and a few additional frames additional of hitstun on airborne opponents. Has less pushback.
  • + j.M has slightly increased horizontal range.
  • + All variants of backwards airdashes movement starts up on frame 1, down from 10. All variants of forward airdashes movement start up on frame 4, down from 10.
  • + Proton Cannon now causes a soft-knockdown.
  • + s.S startup reduced to 11, down from 13. Horizontal hitbox increased.
  • + Smart Bombs now no longer explode when they touch empty ground, and instead remain on the ground for 180 frames, exploding on contact with anyone that touches them. An additional QCF + Special version added that fall much slower in the air, allowing Iron-Man to follow behind them more safely.
Rather than just make airdashes like vanilla, I mainly kept them as they are in Ultimate, just made them start up faster. Considering Iron-Man's normals, I made him faster on the run-away than offense because he should primarily be zoning with his normals and specials. He's still pretty fast on the offense, but there is a delay so we don't have Magneto 2.0.

And I feel like I'm giving everyone some sort of Hopscotch/Flame Carpet, but I don't know what to do with Smart Bombs. Dahbomb, halp.

Wolverine
  • + Regenerates red health during Berserker Charge
  • - s.L startup increased from 4 frames to 5 frames.
  • - Lowered base damage of Fatal Claw to just under Berserker Barrage.
  • Assist – Berserker Slash changed to Berserker Rage
Not much here, just one thing to fix how absurd Fatal Claw's damage is. 5 frame s.L because that thing is absurd with its range and speed. 5 frames makes it barely different, but appear more reasonable on paper. If I let my bias take complete control, I'd make it six frames and reduce the hitbox. :p

Nova
  • + Only absorbs red health required for moves, so it caps at 100k or 200k, rather than taking all red health.
  • - Reduced untechable time for opposing character after an airthrow by 30 frames.
  • - Range of slide reduced slightly.
  • Fix the air DHC glitch.
  • Assist - Nova Strike changed to Energy Javelin
Nothing much, just a few changes... I hate his slide. >_>

She-Hulk
  • + Increase range on slide. Not to vanilla levels, but fairly close.
  • + 'Lights Out!' given one/three(not sure which would be better, considering it's got 30 frames of startup) points of super-armor.
  • + Torpedo restored to vanilla's hitstun and pushback.
  • + Somersault Kick (all versions) have 1 hit of super armor.
  • + Hitboxes of j.H and j.S restored to vanilla levels.
  • + Emerald Cannon no longer side switches on the second hit. First hit causes a forced wall bounce.
  • Assist – Somersault Kick retains super armor
  • Assist – Clothesline now wallbounces airborne opponents
Honestly, mainly just stuff to get She-Hulk back to how she was in vanilla. Lights Out is pretty useless with its slow startup, hence the armor... just not sure if it should be 1 or 3 points. It's slow, after all.

Tron Bonne
  • + j.H returned to vanilla status.
  • + Hitstun values on normals returned to vanilla status.
  • + Boulder Bandit returned to vanilla version.
  • + Bonne Strike can be stopped with special.
I dunno. I don't know much about Tron. Basically vanilla, with the ability to make Bonne Strike safer by stopping it. *shrug*

Dormammu
  • + 0D3C now has 1F startup like 1D2C and 2D1C. Does not interact with other projectiles. Recovery reduced from 36 to 25.
  • + 0D1C and 0D2C now OTG. 0D2C pushes characters further back on block, forcing characters to block all three spikes(unless cornered)
  • + 1D0C and 2D0C now have 10 recovery frames, down from 16.
  • + Dark Dimesnion now does 450,000 damage. Now 50 high durability points, up from 5 x 5 high durability points.
  • - Reduced Chaotic Flame from 15k per hit to 14k per hit.
  • - Normal damage scaling reduced from 20% to 15%.
  • Assist – Purification now tracks location during move startup.
The idea behind 0D2C is to allow Dormammu a way to create space with it used as a blockstring. I considered making 1D0C and 2D0C to OTG, but instead I made them recovery faster so they're safer on block. Other than that, nothing too major I don't think.

Sentinel
  • + cr.L hits low.
  • + Rocket Punch hitstun returned to vanilla levels.
  • + Made easier to combo off Human Catapult from full screen.
  • + Flight startup reduced to 11, down from 17.
  • + Health increased from 900k to 1.15k.
  • +/- Hard Drive draws characters closer to to the center of the hitbox in order to prevent any potential drop outs. As a consequence, Hard Drive loops are tighter to perform since they're not propped as high on the final hit, but they're not impossible.

Honestly not a huge amount of buffs, and so I don't really know what to say here... *shrug*

Feel free to yell at me for talking about balance changes that will never be, or just my stupid ideas.

I whole approve of those Dormammu changes, Frantic. Though if you're not aware, 1D0C and 2D0C are already positive on block. It's 0D1C and 0D2C that are negative.

Can you call in Firebrand at the same time as Mystic Ray to continue?
Not realistically, Mystic Ray is already a very tight link. It might be possible, I just don't think I could do it, haha.

Dahbomb

+ Can now properly cancel forward and backward dashes with crouch or attacks.
+ s.H has slightly increased horizontal range, and a few additional frames additional of hitstun on airborne opponents. Has less pushback.
+ j.M has slightly increased horizontal range.
+ Backwards airdashes movement starts up on frame 1, down from 10. Forward airdashes movement start up on frame 4, down from 10.
+ Proton Cannon now causes a soft-knockdown.
+ s.S startup reduced to 11, down from 13.
+ Smart Bombs now no longer explode when they touch empty ground, and instead remain on the ground for 180 frames, exploding on contact with anyone that touches them. An additional QCF + Special version added that fall much slower in the air, allowing Iron-Man to follow behind them more safely.
Some of these are fairly random changes.

j.M already has great range and fulfills its purpose well plus if he had a goo tri-dash it can be used for cross ups/pressure as well like it was in Vanilla. Making his forward/back dash improved compared to his tri-dash makes him more like Nova than Magneto (I would rather have improvements to tri-dash than box dash personally). I don't get the st.S frame change, I mean the problem isn't that it's not fast enough but the problem is that the hit box is really bad and the recovery terrible although all launches should have terrible recovery.

Nova's changes are 100% accurate and the only other thing I would change on him is to maybe give him Energy Javelin as an assist!

Wolverine - Acceptable changes.

Sentinel - Not enough changes. Still has terrible match ups. I think I am in agreement with FGTV in that SOME of his normals need to chip so that he has additional pressure that you have to worry about. I also like God's Beard idea of giving him a refly as long as the time for the flight duration is not used up. Maybe also give him Drone moves in mid air, being able to throw those bombs while in mid air would improve his game against rushdown characters a lot and not have to worry about getting instant overheaded. Finally, health buff is necessary for a character of his hit box size.

She Hulk - Emerald Cannon should cause forced wall bounce. The Lamp Post move needs much faster start up to actually be usable.

Spencer - Acceptable changes. I think Zipline speed is fine personally, the character's neutral is not that impressive aside from getting a semi easy way in if he gets you to block an assist. He has surprisingly unsafe options.

Dorm - Better lesser used spells, better assist and less base damage is acceptable on him but I really would like the low hit on his Flame Carpet to go away. There is no reason for Dormammu to be an unblockable set up character on incoming.

Ghost Rider - Your last change is confusing, I think you meant to say that those moves are usable in the air. I don't know about those lingering Hellfire properties, I mean with the other changes you gave him he is already absurdly good against rushdown this will just make him more annoying to deal with. Keep the flame carpet but remove those lingering flames. A better way to make use of Hellfire is to make Heartless Spire cancellable into them.

Phoenix Wright - I think the changes are mostly good but randomly generated bad evidence and timer on Turnabout mode has to go. I think these are two bad design choices on the character that will almost always keep him from being played seriously.

Frantic

I whole approve of those Dormammu changes, Frantic. Though if you're not aware, 1D0C and 2D0C are already positive on block. It's 0D1C and 0D2C that are negative.
Yeah, +1. I wanted to make them more comparable to Dark Hole on frame advantage with out the startup/active frames. :p

j.M already has great range and fulfills its purpose well plus if he had a goo tri-dash it can be used for cross ups/pressure as well like it was in Vanilla. Making his forward/back dash improved compared to his tri-dash makes him more like Nova than Magneto (I would rather have improvements to tri-dash than box dash personally). I don't get the st.S frame change, I mean the problem isn't that it's not fast enough but the problem is that the hit box is really bad and the recovery terrible although all launches should have terrible recovery.
All valid points. The thing with the j.M is that I've tested s.H at max range against airborne opponents, and the j.M is just out of range after the flight hence the increase of range and the decrease of pushback on s.H. I'm not too versed on Iron-Man, but I think those changes would introduce the 'universal' hitconfirm you've talked about. As for the forward/back thing - I meant all variants of back/forward(ie, up-forward, forward, down-forward) airdashes are changed, not just forward and backdashes. Should have specified better, and the reason for that is because his up and down dashes are good already.

Forgot to add increased horizontal hitbox on s.S as well. Reason for the speed increase is that on average most launchers are faster than character's s.H - just less safe - but Iron-Man's is the same speed.

Sentinel - Not enough changes. Still has terrible match ups. I think I am in agreement with FGTV in that SOME of his normals need to chip so that he has additional pressure that you have to worry about. I also like God's Beard idea of giving him a refly as long as the time for the flight duration is not used up. Maybe also give him Drone moves in mid air, being able to throw those bombs while in mid air would improve his game against rushdown characters a lot and not have to worry about getting instant overheaded. Finally, health buff is necessary for a character of his hit box size.
Can't believe I forgot to increase Sent's health. D'oh!

She Hulk - Emerald Cannon should cause forced wall bounce.
Agreed. Forgot that bit.

Dahbomb

Thing is that if the st.H connects after a cr.M the j.M will almost always connect. After the flight cancel you slightly hold forward to make it easier to connect the j.M.

The real problem with his hit confirm is that sometimes a st.H will not connect after his cr.M. His cr.M has godly range. The fix for this would be either to reduce the range on his cr.M to st.H/j.M level or increase the range of st.H and j.M accordingly. I would be perfectly fine with a slight reduction in cr.M range if it meant Iron Man got superior mobility. I would fucking destroy Magneto players if I had dashes even 2/3rd as good as his.

OK so the air dash change is on all his air dashes. I was confused there for a second. Acceptable changes then. I think everyone knows something is wrong with Iron Man's Smart Bombs but is interesting to see everyone come up with different ideas to improve it.

Although, looking at the hyper damage scaling change you made, Frantic, I'm inclined to disagree. If you think Chaotic Flame is too good, then nerf Chaotic Flame's damage. But Stalking Flare is already on the low damage side for a hyper, and it's highly circumstantial.

Frantic

The real problem with his hit confirm is that sometimes a st.H will not connect after his cr.M. His cr.M has godly range. The fix for this would be either to reduce the range on his cr.M to st.H/j.M level or increase the range of st.H and j.M accordingly. I would be perfectly fine with a slight reduction in cr.M range if it meant Iron Man got superior mobility. I would fucking destroy Magneto players if I had dashes even 2/3rd as good as his.
I like Iron-Man, so he gets buffed s.H instead of nerfed cr.M from me! :p (and better mobility, without vanilla Magneto level airdashes)

I think everyone knows something is wrong with Iron Man's Smart Bombs but is interesting to see everyone come up with different ideas to improve it.
Smart Bombs make me think of Smart Mines, hence the way I made them. I'll see if I can come up with anything better. That was just the first thing I thought of.

Although, looking at the hyper damage scaling change you made, Frantic, I'm inclined to disagree. If you think Chaotic Flame is too good, then nerf Chaotic Flame's damage. But Stalking Flare is already on the low damage side for a hyper, and it's highly circumstantial.
I considered that as well, but at the same time I feel if someone lands a raw Chaotic Flame, they should get as much damage as possible. It's one of those things I'm not totally sure on.

Dahbomb

Yea Stalking Flare's damage is fine but Chaotic Flame's hyper is high.

BTW I think you can scale hypers individually on characters.

BTW I think you can scale hypers individually on characters.
Why do you think this?

I considered that as well, but at the same time I feel if someone lands a raw Chaotic Flame, they should get as much damage as possible. It's one of those things I'm not totally sure on.
Eh, I'd be fine with a 5% damage drop on Chaotic Flame. Raw Chaotic Flames are almost always guesswork or desperation (I NEED TO BREATHE), so a smaller reward is fine with me. Most people get caught by Dark Matter into Dark Hole, Chaotic Flame, and there the damage difference would negligible.

Dahbomb

Just look at the guide, there are scaling values per hyper for Jill. Seems to me you can tweak a hyper on a case by case basis.

Solune

Not realistically, Mystic Ray is already a very tight link. It might be possible, I just don't think I could do it, haha.

OK SO.

I did a very brief follow up to this. I'm assuming Bon Voyage is screen to screen because corner Bon Voyage crosses up so bear with me.

The combo I did was Bon Voyage > Raw tag Shuma, Mystic Ray M (L doesn't work , H might) > s.H (2-3 hits) Call Firebrand (Demon Missile) > Dash up, S, j.MMHS.

I don't remember Shuma's BnBs but I'm sure you can go from there.

*Dr. Doom is my test dummy.

FSLink

Banned
Phoenix Wright - I think the changes are mostly good but randomly generated bad evidence and timer on Turnabout mode has to go. I think these are two bad design choices on the character that will almost always keep him from being played seriously.

I think the bad evidence thing isn't too bad, it's a part of his character to be unlucky and then turn the tables around. What I would like is, the ability to go into Turnabout DESPITE having bad evidence. So let's say you have two bad evidence + 1 good evidence, you'd be allowed to go into Turnabout but his time in Turnabout would be decreased significantly. Slightly more time with 2 good + 1 bad. And then 3 good evidence would be either permanent or a much longer time than it is now. It would also have a bit of strategy in wondering if you want to go for better evidence (like the cell phone) before going in Turnabout.

Also the ability to be able to switch from Investigation to Trial mode or vice versa before the "FIGHT!" part of a match would be nice.

Just look at the guide, there are scaling values per hyper for Jill. Seems to me you can tweak a hyper on a case by case basis.
This guide is my Bible, and you're telling me to look in the Book of Mark for the part where Jesus moons someone.

Edit: Christ, who would refer to the SRK page as "the guide"? -_-

OK SO.

I did a very brief follow up to this. I'm assuming Bon Voyage is screen to screen because corner Bon Voyage crosses up so bear with me.

The combo I did was Bon Voyage > Raw tag Shuma, Mystic Ray M (L doesn't work , H might) > s.H (2-3 hits) Call Firebrand (Demon Missile) > Dash up, S, j.MMHS.

I don't remember Shuma's BnBs but I'm sure you can go from there.

*Dr. Doom is my test dummy.
L and H Mystic Ray don't work, but I never thought about using s.H...

Solune, if I ever meet you in real life, I'm going to treat you to a meal. You're always helping me out with this stuff, and I'm no good at it. Where do you live again?

I think the bad evidence thing isn't too bad, it's a part of his character to be unlucky and then turn the tables around. What I would like is, the ability to go into Turnabout DESPITE having bad evidence. So let's say you have two bad evidence + 1 good evidence, you'd be allowed to go into Turnabout but his time in Turnabout would be decreased significantly. Slightly more time with 2 good + 1 bad. And then 3 good evidence would be either permanent or a much longer time than it is now. It would also have a bit of strategy in wondering if you want to go for better evidence (like the cell phone) before going in Turnabout.

Also the ability to be able to switch from Investigation to Trial mode or vice versa before the "FIGHT!" part of a match would be nice.
He's already a character with no rushdown options who has to open someone up with a combo or get a stray hit in on a slow move to activate Turnabout mode. I think that's enough right there. It's not like Turnabout is free once you get good evidence. Getting good evidence just turns him into non-suck.

And nooooo to permanent turnabout. That would be horribly broken.

Phoenix Wright
  • + Startup of normals reduced slightly(one or two frames across the board). Turnabout mode normals also adjusted accordingly.
  • + Slight range increase for all normals outside of the finger points in Turnabout mode.
  • + Startup of Slip-Up reduced slightly (now 22 frames, down from 25.) Turnabout mode adjusted accordingly(now 18 frames, down from 21).
  • + Travel distance and speed of all dashes(in every mode) increased by 20%.
  • + “M-Maya?!” L now receives damage scaling from all attacks.
  • + cr.H in Turnabout mode is now a low.
  • + Turnabout Mode now lasts 1800 frames, up from 1200 frames.
  • + If a bad piece of evidence is picked up, it becomes impossible to pick up a second one immediately after.
  • + Each piece of bad evidence has unique properties when discarded.
    Plunger: A straight forward projectile with 3 low durability points.
    Steel Samurai: Retains the traditional discard arc with 5 low durability points.
    Beer Bottle: Thrown straight at the ground, leaving behind glass shards that damage opponents who step on them. Last 180 frames.
    Glasses: On hit, temporarily(about 300 frames) increases Phoenix Wright's damage by 20% and speed by 15%.
    Servbot: Drops to the ground, then travels across the ground. Hits low. Acts similar to 'Get 'em Missile!' assist, except a point version.
    Bonsai Tree: Retains original discard arc with 5 low durability points. On hit, it causes a stun that lasts 120 frames. Causes a slow-fall + hard-knockdown against airborne opponents.
  • + Discard now air-okay.
  • + Present Evidence now air-okay.
  • + Paperwork now air-okay.
I honestly don't think PW is that bad. He's not really good or anything, but he's okay – hence why I didn't go too hard in on changing him. I know one of the popular requests was to remove bad evidence entirely, but I figured I'd just do something a little different to the bad evidence to see what everyone thought about it. I considered making good evidence have their own special properties, just to give them some benefit when you really want a good piece of evidence, but didn't add it to the list because Phoenix Wright already has enough gimmicks... even though I love gimmicks.

1. Why reduce startup time on his normals? They are pretty fast it's just that they don't have any range. Only the range needs a slight buff and like you said Slip Up. Slip Up is so slow I get thrown out of it a lot. Illumination is pathetic as is now due to it's range. It's such a gamble IMO.

2. C.H. in Tournabout is a MUST! Make TB mode the way it should be.

3. Increase dash speed. Sure. Wright doesn't have any air mobility so is dash shouldn't really suck to much. His wave dash isn't that great so I think it would be nice to have.

4. Maya L recieves normal damage scaling. I don't know how I feel about this. I'm no Marvel number cruncher and I kinda like the way it is now. I feel it's fine as is, but I don't really know what the difference would be like.

5. Longer Turnabout. Definitively yes. Although I always debate with myself on how much. Infinite or just a longer time. I can't decided if infinite would be broken but I don't see people changing tier minds on the character even if he was like that. It's very disheartening to lose it.

6. Interesting idea with the bad evidence mechanic. It's a nice idea to have them do different things but the evidence throw away arc is really good as it is now. If it was a little durable that would be better. I am in favor of the good evidence being better and I think I am the ONLY person who is in favor of bad evidence needing to stay.

7. Everything should be air ok. Kinda stupid not to. It's Marvel.

I recently had the idea of having press the witness being available in Investigation mode too. It's not taking up any button presses with other moves and it isn't stupid good or anything.

Solune

L and H Mystic Ray don't work, but I never thought about using s.H...

Solune, if I ever meet you in real life, I'm going to treat you to a meal. You're always helping me out with this stuff, and I'm no good at it. Where do you live again?

I live in Vancouver and I got blown up by Mago ;_; @ april duels. If I ever visit Chicago I'd give you a shout :lol.

Anyways I believe instead of doing dash up launch, you can actually do Mystic Stare first THEN dash up, do your air series into Mystic Smash, > relaunch. ^_^.

Dahbomb

TA not being permanent and Evidence being randomized means Phoenix Wright will always be a joke character.

If he becomes too good but retains those issues then people will just hate him even more like Jean Phoenix.

I swear to god there are a bunch of legitimate trolls under Nitsuma. How the hell did they actually convince the guys working on the game that Wright is godlike? I saw a 2 minute trailer and I instantly saw a joke character.

I think the bad evidence thing isn't too bad, it's a part of his character to be unlucky and then turn the tables around.

I stand corrected.

What I would like is, the ability to go into Turnabout DESPITE having bad evidence. So let's say you have two bad evidence + 1 good evidence, you'd be allowed to go into Turnabout but his time in Turnabout would be decreased significantly. Slightly more time with 2 good + 1 bad. And then 3 good evidence would be either permanent or a much longer time than it is now. It would also have a bit of strategy in wondering if you want to go for better evidence (like the cell phone) before going in Turnabout.

Interesting idea but I don't think it really makes to much sense character wise. Plus it would mess up questioning attack combo's. Oops I didn't want to activate Turnabout I wanted to continue the combo / stun my opponent. I wanted to wait until I had all three evidence's.

Great idea. Although why wouldn't you want to start out in Investigation mode. You wanna get evidence as quickly as possible right? I wish the delay was greatly reduced when switching modes though. It's really punishable, but I guess it's there to stop doing multi-mode attacks in a single combo.

FSLink

Banned
He's already a character with no rushdown options who has to open someone up with a combo or get a stray hit in on a slow move to activate Turnabout mode. I think that's enough right there. It's not like Turnabout is free once you get good evidence. Getting good evidence just turns him into non-suck.

And nooooo to permanent turnabout. That would be horribly broken.
That's why I think a good compromise would be to let him go to Turnabout early. It's already quite some work to get 3 good evidence (while avoiding teleport characters) AND landing the slow Objection.

With no invincible assists, and with characters like Frank West taking less work to "level up", for it to be permanent, I'm for it. :p

4. Maya L recieves normal damage scaling. I don't know how I feel about this. I'm no Marvel number cruncher and I kinda like the way it is now. I feel it's fine as is, but I don't really know what the difference would be like.
Same. It's almost perfect the way it is now, but I do think that maybe adjusting it slightly so you can't have situations like *call Doom beam assist* *teleport behind Wright* as soon as Maya shield is up.

Interesting idea but I don't think it really makes to much sense character wise. Plus it would mess up questioning attack combo's. Oops I didn't want to activate Turnabout I wanted to continue the combo / stun my opponent. I wanted to wait until I had all three evidence's.
Just map it to forward + S or something. And also, you could maybe slightly buff him depending on how much good evidence he has. Like c.H becomes a low if you have 3 good evidences, or the fingers have less range with less good evidence.

Great idea. Although why wouldn't you want to start out in Investigation mode. You wanna get evidence as quickly as possible right? I wish the delay was greatly reduced when switching modes though. It's really punishable, but I guess it's there to stop doing multi-mode attacks in a single combo.
I think it would just be useful for certain matchups, plus it'd be nice having the paper attacks immediately for some ghetto zoning and then after a knockdown from an assist, switch over and then grab evidence. /shrug

TA not being permanent and Evidence being randomized means Phoenix Wright will always be a joke character.

If he becomes too good but retains those issues then people will just hate him even more like Jean Phoenix. .

Would you honestly think that if Wright was like this ( I mean infintie TB) that he would even be better than Phoenix still? Better than characters like Magneto and Vergil? Even just high tier? I still don't think he would be to the masses. TB mode is awesome but it's not unstoppable in it's current state.

Top Bottom