• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

xCobalt

I saw this recent dr strange combo vid (from japan?) a couple of weeks ago but I can't seem to find it now. I forget who the point character was but he dhc'd into strange and did this pretty awesome combo that built 3 bars or so. It was relatively different from the flames of the faltine loop. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Guys.... Nemesis/Dante/Strider against MorriDoom?

Nemesis tanks fireballs and shoots rockets at Doom to negate the assist. Jam Session can absorb a few fireballs and Vajra can keep Morrigan from not throwing out too many fireballs. A couple of hits of the rocket can really make either Morrigan or Doom bleed. He has enough health to take a few fireball hits and build meter for Dante. Dante can come in and do his standard game against Morrigan only with a slight meter and health advantage. Nemesis doesn't need meter to dish out damage at a distance.

This is like a poor man's Chris/Dante/Strider. Obviously not as good but worth a shot. You never know what might happen.

You see Nemesis as a tank. I see him as a giant target with limited air mobility to juggle with Soul Fists. I don't think Dante/Strider would work all that well to dispell Morrigan from getting things started. Generally, Dante is used almost defensively in that setup, and ChrisG has gotten very very good at anticipating and countering Vajra.

What's the durability on Nemesis' rocket?

Frantic

I've been playing a lot of good/decent MorriDoom online recently. Kinda blowing my mind. I was getting used to all the Magneto/Doom/Vergil and Wolverine/Doom/Vergil teams, made me feel like I was in NorCal.

I honestly really like fighting Morrigan because I can actually play. It's not 'oh I got hit, let me watch this movie now!' like with Zero(ironically, the most recent good Morrigan I played was Zero/Morrigan/Doom and I got to watch that movie a few times). It might be a one player game in the fact that it's hard to do anything, but at least I get the chance to actually do something!
And I run the best duo against Morrigan so my ability to do something is better than almost every other team.

Guys.... Nemesis/Dante/Strider against MorriDoom?

Nemesis tanks fireballs and shoots rockets at Doom to negate the assist. Jam Session can absorb a few fireballs and Vajra can keep Morrigan from not throwing out too many fireballs. A couple of hits of the rocket can really make either Morrigan or Doom bleed. He has enough health to take a few fireball hits and build meter for Dante. Dante can come in and do his standard game against Morrigan only with a slight meter and health advantage. Nemesis doesn't need meter to dish out damage at a distance.

This is like a poor man's Chris/Dante/Strider. Obviously not as good but worth a shot. You never know what might happen.
Rocket is 1 low durability point with 1 medium durability on the explosion. It's not going to ever hit Doom as long as Morrigan is doing her job. Chris is monumentally better against Morrigan, and he's a tank in his own right(1.1 million health, compared to Nemesis' 1.15 million).

JeTmAn81

Welp, I'm back from my two week ban! For some reason I have started playing Haggar/Dorm/Doom lately, and then very recently I randomly picked up Wesker/Spencer/Sentinel. I feel like my fundamentals have gotten a lot better, to the point that it's not so much about who I play but how they play. I still suck with Sentinel and don't know much about Spencer, but my fundamental understanding of how the game works allows me to have a better time playing that team.

Welp, I'm back from my two week ban! For some reason I have started playing Haggar/Dorm/Doom lately, and then very recently I randomly picked up Wesker/Spencer/Sentinel. I feel like my fundamentals have gotten a lot better, to the point that it's not so much about who I play but how they play. I still suck with Sentinel and don't know much about Spencer, but my fundamental understanding of how the game works allows me to have a better time playing that team.

welcome back!

i would go with spencer/wesker (my old shell) since gunshot makes it really easy to convert TOD combos/80k's from anywhere on screen. you can also get a drones extender if you manage to start a combo without it.

Dahbomb

Rocket is 1 low durability point with 1 medium durability on the explosion. It's not going to ever hit Doom as long as Morrigan is doing her job. Chris is monumentally better against Morrigan, and he's a tank in his own right(1.1 million health, compared to Nemesis' 1.15 million).
The rocket has 1 durability point?

Nemesis forever low ass tier. Jesus christ... they need to buff up the durability on that thing.

JeTmAn81

welcome back!

i would go with spencer/wesker (my old shell) since gunshot makes it really easy to convert TOD combos/80k's from anywhere on screen. you can also get a drones extender if you manage to start a combo without it.

Yeah, that team has a lot of synergy. Playing it really reinforces how stupidly stupidly high Spencer's damage is, too. I mostly wanted to just have a Wesker team to play, but even though one of my mains is Wesker/Dante/Strider I felt like I haven't been doing much with Dante's assist on that team, and so I just put together another team that would work for Wesker. Plus, I feel way too inept with times when playing Wesker, which should not be the case since I've been playing him for a long time. But as one of the earlier characters I picked up, I think I started learning him before I had learned a lot of important lessons about how the game works and ingrained some bad habits.

Anyway, Spencer is fun. I overhead all day and usually it works, lol.

Frantic

The rocket has 1 durability point?

Nemesis forever low ass tier. Jesus christ... they need to buff up the durability on that thing.
Yeah, and looking at it again the explosion only has 10 low durability points. It's not even medium. I was thinking of Deadpool's grenade.

Nemesis sucks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol even if his rocket had durability, his shot, jump and movement is too slow to do anything about Morrigan. Morrigan is a horrible match-up for Nemesis. Sentinel has a better chance going YOLO on Morrigan.

Dahbomb

Lol even if his rocket had durability, his shot, jump and movement is too slow to do anything about Morrigan. Morrigan is a horrible match-up for Nemesis. Sentinel has a better chance going YOLO on Morrigan.
It's not about hitting Morrigan it's about hitting Doom like with Chris. The rocket causes a shit ton of damage. Plus if Morrigan gets clipped by Vajra he can hit her with a rocket for good damage.

But of course if the rocket can't even penetrate a single fireball it's useless. For some reason I thought it had Magnum durability which let's be honest.... it's a fucking ROCKET LAUNCHER!

So yeah.. useless.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's not about hitting Morrigan it's about hitting Doom like with Chris. The rocket causes a shit ton of damage. Plus if Morrigan gets clipped by Vajra he can hit her with a rocket for good damage.

But of course if the rocket can't even penetrate a single fireball it's useless. For some reason I thought it had Magnum durability which let's be honest.... it's a fucking ROCKET LAUNCHER!

So yeah.. useless.
Yeah it should have that durability, but Nemesis wouldn't be able to TK another rocket without Morrigan going HAM on his ass. Can't get to Doom if you can't at least weave by Morrigan first.

Since we're on the subject of MorriDoom already, what do you guys think of my Nova/Strider/Raccoon team's chances against that team? I don't expect it to be a counter at all, but I hope it could at least have a fighting chance.

Dahbomb

RR on Spitfire or Log Trap?

Basically it just boils down to getting a stray Vajra hit. RR can stall AV but he can't really mount much of an offense. Strider has to beat her as an anchor.

Spitfire usually but could be on log for this match up since it could at least clear a couple of fireballs.

So far, the way I've dealt with missiles is that if I manage to catch the other character(s) and I see that missiles are going to hit me with Nova on point I inmediately do the Nova Force super to not get combo broken. Strider and Rocket pretty much just deal with it :|

A big problem I can see with my team is that I don't have TODs without using up resources in the case I do end up catching Morrigan without missiles fucking everything up.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What the hell. Now they have a new lobby system? It looks like if a battle doesn't take place, the lobby automatically shuts itself down.

Top Bottom