• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thats right!

My Computer is still too shitty to watch Kadey's stream.
After seeing 720+ on Kadey's stream i thought quality options had been added, but no dice. :(
Feels bad man,,,

Right click on the video. Change the quality to something lower. See if that works.

THANK YOU!

Also new lobby?
I have to know, do you mash s.H constantly or are you just that good at hitting it at the right time? :-/

It's my fault I get hit. But I still get mad lol.
It's the Wright throws that drive me nuts. Right out of Morrigan's j.S. -_-

Why do I win in player matches and lose in lobbys
I lose a lot more in lobbies because I have to adjust to everyone's lag mid-match. It's very frustrating.

onionfrog

Kadey's Stream is actually pretty smooth on my other Laptop on low quality. (Which still looks significantly better than most other streams I've watched)
I'm so happy. :D

I have to know, do you mash s.H constantly or are you just that good at hitting it at the right time? :-/
I definitly go for them. The reason I use Wright's S.H a lot is because his range is so pitiful. His S.H. propels him forward a little increasing the chance of a hit. Hulk's is obvious. Wesker's S.H. is for the awesome range and if I start a combo with it my combo's tend to scale less. Plus it's just about the same speed as his jab.

It's the Wright throws that drive me nuts. Right out of Morrigan's j.S. -_-

His throw is really good. I like to think of it as a mini Nova throw.

Kioshen

So after rage quitting this game I'm trying to get back into it. I still can't decide on a full team but how this one sound :

Wesker-b/Nova-b/Doom-a

I know it's not the most optimized team in the world and really redundant in the OTG front but it kinda works right ? Got some high/lows, left/right and grabs. Simple yet damaging combos and it can DHC in all directions. Sure it'll have problems dealing with the upper right quadrant but who doesn't ?

I havent played marvel in almost a year but this stream is getting me hyped. Its a nice change of pace from seeing the same people and same teams over and over again at tourneys.

3 days of Injustice made me really stupid at Marvel for about an hour. I hate when that kind of shit happens. On the plus side, Injustice made my execution sightly better. The online Community fucking blows at the moment though.

Anyway, Dante players, is there an advantage to using j. M over j. H?

Zissou

3 days of Injustice made me really stupid at Marvel for about an hour. I hate when that kind of shit happens. On the plus side, Injustice made my execution sightly better. The online Community fucking blows at the moment though.

For box dash cross-ups?

shaowebb

Give em time. WB games is already working on Marvel titles with Lego Marvel now...just a matter of time till Marvel and DC meet up in a fighter with NRS now since they didn't pull profit with Capcom.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Zissou

Give em time. WB games is already working on Marvel titles with Lego Marvel now...just a matter of time till Marvel and DC meet up in a fighter with NRS now since they didn't pull profit with Capcom.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Don't joke about something so awful :(

Well I play Hulk, so c'mon.

Watching you play on stream last night was pretty awesome. I honestly didn't expect your team to work that well, but you've got a lot of great ideas. I especially liked how you use Wesker's assist for unblockables with Hulk....you can cover Wesker coming in pretty easily with all of the armor on his moves. I definitely see the trouble you have with zoning guys though.

Its funny b/c two days ago I said I didn't like Kaneblueriver's team, but if he took a lot of your Hulk/low assist setups I think he'd make his team work a lot better. He normally just saves Sentinel's assist for combo extensions though.

I need to join you all next time you play. I've been fiddling with Modok/Skrull/Sentinel, but I'm not that good at this game.

Watching you play on stream last night was pretty awesome. I honestly didn't expect your team to work that well, but you've got a lot of great ideas. I especially liked how you use Wesker's assist for unblockables with Hulk....you can cover Wesker coming in pretty easily with all of the armor on his moves. I definitely see the trouble you have with zoning guys though.

Its funny b/c two days ago I said I didn't like Kaneblueriver's team, but if he took a lot of your Hulk/low assist setups I think he'd make his team work a lot better. He normally just saves Sentinel's assist for combo extensions though.

I need to join you all next time you play. I've been fiddling with Modok/Skrull/Sentinel, but I'm not that good at this game.
Rocket Punch doesn't hit low.

Dahbomb

Moves that go diagonally down from a tall height and hit you on the head in the neutral are not going to be lows. Otherwise Dante's Air Raid would hit low.

The only real exception is Wesker's low gun shot which even then he's not aiming at your head with it.

JeTmAn81

Moves that go diagonally down from a tall height and hit you on the head in the neutral are not going to be lows. Otherwise Dante's Air Raid would hit low.

The only real exception is Wesker's low gun shot which even then he's not aiming at your head with it.

Unless you're playing Injustice, where Black Adam has a move that makes a little cloud appear above him which shoots you in the foot with a lightning bolt which must be blocked low. Lol...

Bionic Bomber + Berserker Slash assist in the corner is the funniest reset ever.

Also, C.Viper's overhead can be comboed after without an assist on small crouching characters :-o

Frantic

Yes, I should have specified that. Just wondering if j. m has a bigger hitbox or something that would make it worth using in certain situations. I do like using it sometimes because I tend to double tap a lot and I can't do that with j. H.
j.M is better for boxdash crossups because the crossup hitbox comes out faster and has a lower hitbox enabling Dante to hit some characters that j.H can sometimes whiff on(Firebrand, Wolverine, etc). Only problem is if they jump you don't get the throw OS or have enough hitstun to combo off it air-to-air. I'd suggest sticking with j.M for the most part, and scouting players that like to upback more and adjust to j.H against them.

Top Bottom