• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Azure J

Did you get a UMvC3 invite from someone last night around 2:230AM? Then you are the guy.

I used to go to AnimeGAF and they were the absolute best, but their threads are on X-factor 24/7 and I practically have an OCD that makes me read every last damn word in every thread. I ain't about that life right now.

Managed to install TTT2 while the iron was hot if you play that game too...

The part that sucks is that they're fun and when you can follow along, it's great. But damn, they move faster than B.Charged Wolvy in Vanilla XF3.

I'm also slacking with keeping up with MangaGAF.

Horseress

I guess if you snap-in the anchor off a dead point character, both remaining characters will come in. I wonder how he controls both of them.

IIRC Vergil and Dante have the same motions for the moves he was doing, like Devil Trigger.

Nova died by chip damage, and then kept getting hit...how the hell??!!?!

FSLink

Banned
I wonder if this can be done by every character? Dormammu Chaotic Flame -> Snapback works on living characters...

I think it needs to be a character that can chip death, and then quickly snapback. So Dorm should work.

Just realized that this would be devastating for Phoenix teams. Chip out Magneto, OTG and then have both Doom and Phoenix come in? lol

LakeEarth

Just realized that this would be devastating for Phoenix teams. Chip out Magneto, OTG and then have both Doom and Phoenix come in? lol
This is an awesome suggestion. This actually COULD be useful. I wonder if you can "undo" it in any way (like THC).

Dahbomb

This is the greatest glitch in Marvel history.

OH MAN SOMEONE FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT WITH VIPER!!!

You can get 2 characters in an unblockable!

onionfrog

What!
Why am I at work right now, this is nuts..

I wonder what happens if someone lands a SnapBack when his opponent has both characters out simultaneously with the glitch.
Theoretically, if you glitch in their anchor by snapping their point character's dead body and then snap out their anchor, you opponent would never get to use his anchor, right?
Too many questions, need to try this in the lab later...

Azure J

Man everyone jumped on that train before I could get my video together. Let me just say Strider with infinite Orbs assist with Dante bouncing around is the funniest fucking thing in the universe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What other supers besides Nova Force continue hitting (and adding hits) to your opponent's dead body after they die instead of falling out?

I think that might be a key property here for making them comboable post-death.

Dahbomb

What other supers besides Nova Force continue hitting (and adding hits) to your opponent's dead body after they die instead of falling out?

I think that might be a key property here for making them comboable post-death.
I think Skrull's and Thor's hyper works similar to Nova's.

In any case one of the characters is technically considered dead when you activate this. Meaning if you do this, you are automatically killing one character off and you just have to kill one more character. For the additional bar, that is a godlike bargain. Imagine doing this on Dark Phoenix... you can win the game even if Phoenix has 5 bars.

I think Skrull's and Thor's hyper works similar to Nova's.

In any case one of the characters is technically considered dead when you activate this. Meaning if you do this, you are automatically killing one character off and you just have to kill one more character. For the additional bar, that is a godlike bargain. Imagine doing this on Dark Phoenix... you can win the game even if Phoenix has 5 bars.

Maybe it really is full proof! :O

Frantic

What happens if you use this glitch on the second character, if the first character is already dead? Does it magically revive a character?

Hobobloke

What happens if you use this glitch on the second character, if the first character is already dead? Does it magically revive a character?

Was covered in the video I posted before, they just seem to disappear and come in again, still a potential double mix-up I suppose.

Dahbomb

This Hi I Am Nasty stream is fucking hilarious

Double taunts up in this bitch. FGTV tonight is going to be a riot.

I would die if someone does a Chun Li + Deadpool double taunt combo video.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57169522]Wait, if the extra character leaves then they're straight up dead? LOL[/QUOTE]
You didn't know?

If they leave even with a full health bar they are essentially removed from the game. You can't snap into them, you can't call them as an assist, cross over counter, THC, DHC etc. They are counted as a dead character.

He's doing it right with Skrull but it's not activating the glitch (ie the second character isn't coming out).

You didn't know?

If they leave even with a full health bar they are essentially removed from the game. You can't snap into them, you can't call them as an assist, cross over counter, THC, DHC etc. They are counted as a dead character.
So basically if you have a good setup you can win the game instantly, but if you fuck up the mixup you have to deal with God until they go neutral on the stick.

I played 6 hours of local casuals last night. Firebrand cleaned house. It's amazing how little experimentation people do. I had three different people ask me whether Firebrand's charged H is an unblockable, and two people said they've never fought a Firebrand or Shuma-Gorath.

Yea it's amazing how some people don't even bother experimenting with the other characters. I've had people I played against ask me how the evidence works. Some people just don't bother to learn strategies or counter strategies against non high tier / most played characters. Why learn anti Shuma-Gorath tech or bother including him in team building when he is for all intents and purposes ass to the majority. No one else uses him so who cares mentality. For a game like Marvel that really flourishes on team creativity and structure most people just fall on the top tier characters and the easiest set ups with those characters.

I was sad when I discovered the first station I sat down at didn't even have Shuma-Gorath unlocked. :-(

It's only natural that most setups wouldn't have him. Every console would have to have him AND he isn't a popular character. Another nail in the Jill and Shuma coffin in local tourney settings.

I gotta admit the first veiwing I didn't even care how game breaking it was. It was badass DMC3 Sparda Twins baby!

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57170254]So basically if you have a good setup you can win the game instantly, but if you fuck up the mixup you have to deal with God until they go neutral on the stick.[/QUOTE]
Not really because the 3rd character can't block and is essentially "dead". It's basically like forcing a Pandora mode on the opponent, if they get out of it and know how to control 2 characters in tandem they can get something going.

Hi I am Nasty attempting 4 character glitch.

Hi I am Nasty attempting 4 character glitch.
ohmygod0ikuz.jpg

Dahbomb

Seems like the player who is the victim of the glitch will be limited to level 2 X-Factor.
Basically whoever attempts this glitch in a real match will gimp the other player's team hardcore. Characters like Phoenix and Vergil are legit fucked... Phoenix especially.

The thing is that it's really hard to set it up in a real match. You need 2 meter, have them die correctly, you have to time it right etc. Unless it works on like other ways of hitting dead body characters. I think further testing is required to see if its doable off of other situations.

Basically whoever attempts this glitch in a real match will gimp the other player's team hardcore. Characters like Phoenix and Vergil are legit fucked... Phoenix especially.

The thing is that it's really hard to set it up in a real match. You need 2 meter, have them die correctly, you have to time it right etc. Unless it works on like other ways of hitting dead body characters. I think further testing is required to see if its doable off of other situations.

Unless you play Firebrand/Skrull and just snapback loop until they're in chip range.

Frantic

Okay, Vector Drain > Cold Shower > Prop Shredder > Hammer + air Soul Fist L > Cold Shower > Stinger > (Morrigan)s.H looks kinda cool. Weird timing though.

Also, any character with a flight and j.L + any character with rapid fire cr.L infinite unblockables!

Edit: Actually, the cr.L character might need to be Dante since his cr.L is the only one that doesn't push him back.

Yea it's amazing how some people don't even bother experimenting with the other characters. I've had people I played against ask me how the evidence works. Some people just don't bother to learn strategies or counter strategies against non high tier / most played characters. Why learn anti Shuma-Gorath tech or bother including him in team building when he is for all intents and purposes ass to the majority. No one else uses him so who cares mentality. For a game like Marvel that really flourishes on team creativity and structure most people just fall on the top tier characters and the easiest set ups with those characters.
Indeed. We had a Wright player here that was tearing it up. I'm glad to know that I would stomp him from all the experience you've given me, though (his team was bad).

It's only natural that most setups wouldn't have him. Every console would have to have him AND he isn't a popular character. Another nail in the Jill and Shuma coffin in local tourney settings.
Well, there were 4 setups, and 3 had him. :p

Top Bottom