• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

LakeEarth

Basically whoever attempts this glitch in a real match will gimp the other player's team hardcore. Characters like Phoenix and Vergil are legit fucked... Phoenix especially.

The thing is that it's really hard to set it up in a real match. You need 2 meter, have them die correctly, you have to time it right etc. Unless it works on like other ways of hitting dead body characters. I think further testing is required to see if its doable off of other situations.

Also, your opponent has to not hold neutral, but keeping neutral makes him vulnerable. This could open up an interesting mind game. Will he keep neutral and hope you don't attack? If you think he's going to neutral, should you just smack him down and take down the anchor?

There are some details I'm not sure about. If you start hitting the first entering character in the air immediately, does that cancel the entry of the second? Can your opponent do anything to undo this 2 character state (ie. THC)? If so, can he do this immediately (since he technically does not have an assist to worry about)?

EDIT - actually if the one character is considered "dead", there's probably no way to get him back

EDIT 2 - forget the whole thing, either way you lose your character, might as well block and have two characters at once.

Frantic

Found a way to do it with Spencer/Dante THC. Pretty sure as long as you can get the dead body glitch to activate, you can do it with anyone.

Solune

I know that feeling. I used to be "Karst" everywhere. Then Golden Sun became more popular. "Karsticles" was a joke handle.
I know about having unintentional joke handles ;_; . I've only kept Solune for a while now because my friends actually think it's a cool name. Had to dump a few dozen others.
Did you get a UMvC3 invite from someone last night around 2:30AM? Then you are the guy.

I used to go to AnimeGAF and they were the absolute best, but their threads are on X-factor 24/7 and I practically have an OCD that makes me read every last damn word in every thread. I ain't about that life right now.

Managed to install TTT2 while the iron was hot if you play that game too...
I have bought TTT2 but have not touched it! Also yah I used to read everything in that thread but , I don't even bother to open it anymore, the strain is too much because sifting through the chaff is bothersome.

OMG THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER WE PLAYIN THE REAL DMC3

Good games Beats! I need to work on blocking basic tri jump stuff. I'm so used to fighting Wesker/Zero/Dante/Vergil that I'm super bad with that, lol. Execution is getting better I feel, at least with Cap, though my Doom and Ammy are still ass =\ Just gotta get them in more matches.

Dahbomb

As soon as I saw this I knew what must be done. Dark Angel in Devil Must Die is so swag.
Would never happen because DMD is DP motion and Dark Angel is QCB. I guess you can try Iron Avenger plus Dark Angel but the hypers have to hit at the exact same frame.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hm, I can't get any double Lvl 3's to hit except for ones paired with Ammy's. I don't know if there's some special property or timing to Ammy's lvl 3 that allows for it or something.

Dahbomb

JKmnllR.png

This is the game we play etc.

Zissou

I wonder if Thor or Felicia meter build specials on point could let you do back-to-back constant lvl3s with zombie Arthur...

Frantic

SHIELD SKILLZ SHIELD SKILLZ SHIELD SKILLZ + HIDDEN MISSILES HIDDEN MISSILES HIDDEN MISSILES HIDDEN MISSILES

Also known as the 'Honzo Gonzo'.

The lack of hitstop on the assist character is really weird for some moves. Foot Dive looks really puny without the hitstop.

Gotta admit, a Dante stand flying around chucking lightning and bailing you out with Vortexes sounds awesome as hell.
Flying Dante off screen and seeing a Lightning Bolt come out of nowhere is awesome.

Edit: Hooooooly shit. Zero without hitstop is super fast. Cacpcom pls.

Zissou

I was so disapointed when I found out the Multiple Man card didn't let me have a team of three of the same dude with proper assists and DHCs and stuff.

Vice

What's a good team for a new player? I have a friend who wants to get into the game. His 2D fighting game execution is pretty bad but he loves to watch some Marvel on stream and wants to start playing.

I was thinking Wolverine/Wesker/Vergil or Wesker/Vergil/Strider, a team that's easy to play,and scrub out wins by going YOLO enough but has room to grow as he gets better. He likes characters with subsystems so someone like Frank West or Phoenix would be right up his alley too.

What's a good team for a new player? I have a friend who wants to get into the game. His 2D fighting game execution is pretty bad but he loves to watch some Marvel on stream and wants to start playing.

I was thinking Wolverine/Wesker/Vergil or Wesker/Vergil/Strider, a team that's easy to play,and scrub out wins by going YOLO enough but has room to grow as he gets better. He likes characters with subsystems so someone like Frank West or Phoenix would be right up his alley too.

If he likes Frank, then have him learn Wolverine/Frank, with Wesker or Akuma as anchor.

Good games again to Twilt, especially for facing my awful prototype team of Haggar/Captain America/Doom. It worked a lot better than I expected, and I definitely have ideas for some setups I'll have to work on. As always, my execution is ass, but I think lag was affecting my Haggar air series a bit, considering I was hitting it flawlessly in training mode, but I'll just have to keep working on things.

Definitely going to keep this as a backup team though, definitely, I like it so far.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57222574]Don't lie to me.[/QUOTE]
MrWizard tweeted it, unless it's a troll. Doesn't appear to be though.

Vice I think Nova/Frank/Vergil would be a good team for your friend.

TWILT

Banned
Good games again to Twilt, especially for facing my awful prototype team of Haggar/Captain America/Doom. It worked a lot better than I expected, and I definitely have ideas for some setups I'll have to work on. As always, my execution is ass, but I think lag was affecting my Haggar air series a bit, considering I was hitting it flawlessly in training mode, but I'll just have to keep working on things.

Definitely going to keep this as a backup team though, definitely, I like it so far.

Yeah GGs. I'm getting better at not pressing buttons, especially against Charging Star. :lol

bs000

Gaurdian got me into experimenting with lvl.3 hypers using the new snapback glitch. Turns out you can use two lvl.3s at the same time if the inputs for both characters are the same. It technically requires 6 meters, but you only need 3. If you have 4-5, it'll use them all. It will do the COMBINED DAMAGE of both hypers. ie. Amateratsu 400k+Chunli 410k=810k.

Not all combinations will work though. Usually one will hit and then the other will do nothing. Ones ending in crumples are usually a safe bet. Amateratsu's works really well with a lot of other characters for some reason. Non-cinematic hypers should be pretty good too.

Here's a video showcasing some combinations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG7sxR2WKgw

Azure J

Gaurdian got me into experimenting with lvl.3 hypers using the new snapback glitch. Turns out you can use two lvl.3s at the same time if the inputs for both characters are the same. It technically requires 6 meters, but you only need 3. If you have 4-5, it'll use them all. It will do the COMBINED DAMAGE of both hypers. ie. Amateratsu 400k+Chunli 410k=810k.

Not all combinations will work though. Usually one will hit and then the other will do nothing. Ones ending in crumples are usually a safe bet. Amateratsu's works really well with a lot of other characters for some reason. Non-cinematic hypers should be pretty good too.

Here's a video showcasing some combinations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG7sxR2WKgw

Some of these are so cool, I wish that the game had a "chaining Lvl. 3s" mechanic naturally.

I have bought TTT2 but have not touched it! Also yah I used to read everything in that thread but , I don't even bother to open it anymore, the strain is too much because sifting through the chaff is bothersome.
Open it, but make sure to have an extra pair of underwear next to you because the cast size is some scary stuff.

I think if Arthur is in his underwear form, the dead body glitch doesn't work. I haven't found a way to get his body to take damage after the chip. :(

Dartastic

I tried doing the glitch for a while yesterday. I didn't have much luck. Is there a specific way you're supposed to do it or something?

Top Bottom