• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Village

Hmm a friend of mine got it to work.

The supers looked like they had combined. Maybe this type of thing was in the original plans.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
No. No, it didn't.

Of course it did, critically acclaimed even

VYOJMwP.jpg

in stores now

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57306808]GGs Beef, roommates are back and it's finals week so I had to log off.

So mad I got lagged out during the god combo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it got really bad. I couldn't even do Wolverine combos.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57307358]One day I will hit someone with a fullscreen kill combo with Hawkeye.

One sweet day.[/QUOTE]

Gimlet XF kill combos are hella satisfying... unless you have something more sinister that doesn't involve XF D:?

Gimlet XF kill combos are hella satisfying... unless you have something more sinister that doesn't involve XF D:?
from fullscreen

H+A1(Rapid Slash) xx Triple Arrows, Hunter Arrow, dash, H xx Hunter Arrow, dash, H xx Hunter Arrow, dash + A2(Vajra), Poison Shot, 6M, 3HS, jMMHS, Poison Shot xx Gimlet DHC Spiral Swords(lol)

Frantic

I wish I could cancel into Scat Shot sooner than 18 frames into s.H... like, immediately as I hit s.H. That move is surprisingly good when applied properly. The startup hinders it a lot, though. :(

Still trying to figure out ways to use Cold Shower and Prop Shredder in neutral situations.

Azn_Boy

Neo Member
Viper/strider mixups I could be using?
Any really viper combo's that I could be using?

There aren't that many mixups with Viper/Strider. Strider helps pin the opponent down in neutral while you lock them down with your seismo eyebeam seismo shenanigans from far away. You also get focus attack + vajra on incoming characters which is on paper impossible to get out of unless you're morrigan or sentinel, but it's really hard to get the timing down consistently.

There are two different ways to extend your combos with Strider. The first one is how DrewGrimey does it, the second one is call vajra, seismo xx hp thunderknuckle otg ender.

Village

There aren't that many mixups with Viper/Strider. Strider helps pin the opponent down in neutral while you lock them down with your seismo eyebeam seismo shenanigans from far away. You also get focus attack + vajra on incoming characters which is on paper impossible to get out of unless you're morrigan or sentinel, but it's really hard to get the timing down consistently.

There are two different ways to extend your combos with Strider. The first one is how DrewGrimey does it, the second one is call vajra, seismo xx hp thunderknuckle otg ender.

Thanks there are a few teams I use and this one seems to be the weakest, I kinda just winged C.viper for a long time because I liked the character

Azure J

Any Dante/Strider incoming mixups I should be using?

This video's fairly oldish but it could help.

Here's a solo Strider incoming too.

Viper/strider mixups I could be using?
Any really viper combo's that I could be using?

Check the first video I posted above for a few mixup ideas I attempt with Viper+Strider. As for combos, well the easiest one is:

s.MH - Thunder Knuckle M - s.H - Thunder Knuckle M - s.MHS (First Hit) xx Seismo L - Jump Cancel - Air Dash j.HS - s.HS - j.MMH - double jump - j.MMHS - Call Strider + Seismo L xx TK Thunder Knuckle H - Seismo L xx Burst Time

840K is what you're looking at with that. I'll leave this video here as well. Although there are more Dante/Strider combos going on here, it has one or two Viper combos you can improvise from. Same for this one from Aziik21.

Then there's everything in this minus the Jam Session extension at the end.

You should also try to check out Gottnoskill and DevilJin01's youtubes for more info on Viper herself.

Village

This video's fairly oldish but it could help.

Here's a solo Strider incoming too.

Check the first video I posted above for a few mixup ideas I attempt with Viper+Strider. As for combos, well the easiest one is:

s.MH - Thunder Knuckle M - s.H - Thunder Knuckle M - s.MHS (First Hit) xx Seismo L - Jump Cancel - Air Dash j.HS - s.HS - j.MMH - double jump - j.MMHS - Call Strider + Seismo L xx TK Thunder Knuckle H - Seismo L xx Burst Time

840K is what you're looking at with that. I'll leave this video here as well. Although there are more Dante/Strider combos going on here, it has one or two Viper combos you can improvise from. Same for this one from Aziik21.

Then there's everything in this minus the Jam Session extension at the end.

You should also try to check out Gottnoskill and DevilJin01's youtubes for more info on Viper herself.

Thanks so much. I will look at these.

Hmm I have a Spencer/ Sentinal thing going but I need a third.

JeTmAn81

Any Dante/Strider incoming mixups I should be using?

I'm a big fan of calling Strider right before doing an on-point Jam Session to punish anyone hitting buttons on incoming. It's safe on block because Strider will hit them right as you come out of Jam Session, and gives you a full combo on hit. Granted, it's hugely scaled so it's really best for snapping someone out or X-Factoring if it's their last character. I invented this mixup.

Azure J

I'm a big fan of calling Strider right before doing an on-point Jam Session to punish anyone hitting buttons on incoming. It's safe on block because Strider will hit them right as you come out of Jam Session, and gives you a full combo on hit. Granted, it's hugely scaled so it's really best for snapping someone out or X-Factoring if it's their last character. I invented this mixup.

;) ;)

The best is using it midscreen and forcing it to cross them up on entry.

God I miss that camera...

JeTmAn81

;) ;)

The best is using it midscreen and forcing it to cross them up on entry.

God I miss that camera...

Haha, I did not say I was the only one, or the first to invent it :D But I did think of it independently. Kind of proud of myself for that one.

H Burn kick crosses up in the corner after a throw? Kinda cool.

Still trying to find out cool Devil trigger combos after DHCing from viper -_-

So far I've got some funky million carats into revolver into jS into laser strangeness.

TWILT

Banned
Good games Beats! Any reason you didn't go for Dorm's simpler combos? (I don't think you landed alot of Dorm or Magneto combos on me)

Really nice to play Dante in little to no lag though. Gotta practice more of his tricky resets.

Beats

Good games TWILT. Connection was great. I noticed you changed the way you were using Dante against my Akuma mid way into the set. :p

Hmm, there's something I don't understand about blocking in this game. Sometimes I let go of the stick and my character is still blocking or if the opponent goes to the otherside (Vergil teleports to the other side with spiral swords on) and I'm not holding the right direction to block my character is still blocking.

Good games Beats! Any reason you didn't go for Dorm's simpler combos? (I don't think you landed alot of Dorm or Magneto combos on me)

Really nice to play Dante in little to no lag though. Gotta practice more of his tricky resets.

That more difficult combo for Dorm is the one I really like to use heh. I think I landed it once or twice lol. I don't practice my combos enough in real matches so I dropped a bunch. I probably should have gone for the simpler stuff.

your dante is really good man. So dangerous with strider in the back.

Good games TWILT. Connection was great. I noticed you changed the way you were using Dante against my Akuma mid way into the set. :p

Hmm, there's something I don't understand about blocking in this game. Sometimes I let go of the stick and my character is still blocking or if the opponent goes to the otherside (Vergil teleports to the other side with spiral swords on) and I'm not holding the right direction to block my character is still blocking
Absolute Guard makes you block all mid-high attacks in both directions. As long as you're in a true blockstring, AG remains up. Bad anchor Vergils will sometimes waste half of their X-Factor this way. They must think I'm amazing at blocking - lol!

Zissou

Absolute Guard makes you block all mid-high attacks in both directions. As long as you're in a true blockstring, AG remains up. Bad anchor Vergils will sometimes waste half of their X-Factor this way. They must think I'm amazing at blocking - lol!

Bad anchor Striders fall into the same thing. I end up in permanent blockstrings receiving a relatively small amount of chip and they completely waste orbs, haha.

My new anti-wolverine strategy with Magneto: mash superjump airdash down-back jH

I AM GOD OF THE SKY

also, Wesker and felicia's command grabs whiff against each other? weird

Top Bottom